Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 10 - The Phantom Thief, Talkback Discussion
Full Metalloid A...
post Jan 16 2005, 04:23 PM
Post #16

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,640

QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Jan 16 2005, 03:05 PM)
I dunno, its pretty obvious she is NOT a guy, so maybe they didn't want Ed to look stupid.

Her Ginormous breasts kinda gave that fact away.

--------------------
--The Full Metalloid Alchemist--
user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kitoky
post Jan 16 2005, 04:32 PM
Post #17

Alchemists

Member No.: 3,476

Indeed....

She did big breasts =/

--------------------
[center]user posted image[/center]

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Jan 16 2005, 04:40 PM
Post #18

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 250

This way in the dub, it makes Ed seem like he knew she was probably a woman but ended up groping her by *accident*. Accident, yeah right wink.gif .

--------------------
"Struggle is optional. Pain is inevitable."

"This is my life. I have battled and lost, struggled and won.
I have had victory and defeat, and defeat in victory.
I will never be overmatched or unprepared.
This is who I am and who I will always be…I am Chris Benoit!"
- "The Crippler" Chris Benoit

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jan 16 2005, 06:31 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 3,267

This way in the dub, it makes Ed seem like he knew she was probably a woman but ended up groping her by *accident*. Accident, yeah right

Ed's reaction to that was priceless (I bet Al would have been jealous if he knew). Still as soon as Psiren called Ed pipsqueak he got back to his senses. You gotta love Ed. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Full Metalloid A...
post Jan 16 2005, 06:39 PM
Post #20

Citizen

QUOTE(Kirara @ Jan 16 2005, 07:31 PM)
This way in the dub, it makes Ed seem like he knew she was probably a woman but ended up groping her by *accident*. Accident, yeah right

Ed's reaction to that was priceless (I bet Al would have been jealous if he knew). Still as soon as Psiren called Ed pipsqueak he got back to his senses. You gotta love Ed. laugh.gif

Your reaction would have been priceless to if you had just grabbed an incedibly hot women's breast twice with no reprocussions. I bet the only real reason Ed kept chasing was for another shot and her big beatifull breasts. Also Ed wouldn't tell Al because Al can't feel so it just would have made him sad.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jan 16 2005, 06:47 PM
Post #21

Member No.: 3,267

Well since I am a girl and have my own, trust me I would not of had the same reaction as Ed.

And I think you are taking my Al comment a little too seriously, it was a lighter episode so I was looking at it in a lighter context, it was pretty obviousy Al was pretty smitten with Psiren, it was very cute. Though I think Ed was a little smiten too even though he wouldn't admit it. He was blushing afterall. smile.gif.

+Quote Post
Full Metalloid A...
post Jan 16 2005, 06:52 PM
Post #22

Citizen

I didn't say your reaction would be the same, but that it woud also be pricelss, which you being a girl and all would make it even funnier. As for the Al thing it doesn't matter this episode is filler anyway.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Jan 16 2005, 10:45 PM
Post #23

Really guy, calling this or any episode of FMA filler for that matter is an insult to the greatness of the series. If you want filler, watch shit like Inuyasha or Naruto.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Linda
post Jan 17 2005, 01:21 AM
Post #24

Citizen

Member No.: 4,885

Adult Swim always have the best Anime Shows. tongue.gif I dont know any other station that shows anime shows except for TEch TV.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Quistis88
post Jan 17 2005, 01:25 AM
Post #25

Executive Officer (Spam Assassin)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 16

Psiren's voice acting wasn't all too bad.

I love how Al's gullible side shows through in this episode, too. tongue.gif

--------------------
SINCERELY,
Quistis
(Forum Spam Assassin, Vice-Mother, and Queen of the Grammar Police)

This sentence says something else when you're not looking.

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Jan 17 2005, 02:34 AM
Post #26

Guests

QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Jan 16 2005, 10:45 PM)
Really guy, calling this or any episode of FMA filler for that matter is an insult to the greatness of the series.  If you want filler, watch shit like Inuyasha or Naruto.

Umm... it is a filler since... it didn't add anything to the whole story, it served up nothing that affected the characters' developments, it had no effect on the general storyline, its settings was totally out of whack with the FMA world ( keystone cops?! ).

+Quote Post
Queen of the dam...
post Jan 17 2005, 02:49 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 511

Uhh... Ed has hormones and is a pervert too? Or Al can be easily fooled by sexy babes? laugh.gif;

--------------------
We live and then we die. This in inevitable. What you do when you live is up to you.

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Jan 17 2005, 03:20 AM
Post #28

QUOTE(Guest @ Jan 17 2005, 09:34 AM)
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Jan 16 2005, 10:45 PM)
Really guy, calling this or any episode of FMA filler for that matter is an insult to the greatness of the series.  If you want filler, watch shit like Inuyasha or Naruto.

Umm... it is a filler since... it didn't add anything to the whole story, it served up nothing that affected the characters' developments, it had no effect on the general storyline, its settings was totally out of whack with the FMA world ( keystone cops?! ).

Well that just shows how much of a fan you are because you aren't paying attention. This was a very important episode. Ed and Al are given a clue where to next go on their journey to find the Philosopher's Stone according to Psiren. Ed also feels he's found just another person that is using alchemy for evil and wrongdoing, but this episode was part of his learning that the world is not as black and white as he thinks it is. Psiren isn't really evil, she's just trying to help her city in an odd yet dishonest way.

Filler, I think not. To lazy viewers, maybe.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Jan 17 2005, 07:45 AM
Post #29

Guests

QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Jan 17 2005, 03:20 AM)
Well that just shows how much of a fan you are because you aren't paying attention.  This was a very important episode.  Ed and Al are given a clue where to next go on their journey to find the Philosopher's Stone according to Psiren.  Ed also feels he's found just another person that is using alchemy for evil and wrongdoing, but this episode was part of his learning that the world is not as black and white as he thinks it is.  Psiren isn't really evil, she's just trying to help her city in an odd yet dishonest way. 

Filler, I think not.  To lazy viewers, maybe.

One, the so-called clue to the location to go next could easily have been given in any episode. Did Psiren have some unique knowledge on where the Stone is? NO, she was just a "Oh I heard about this stone thingee". This is just about the same "clue giver" role as any long-running quest kind of show has. Heck Pokemon has 10000+ of these roles going "Oh Ash, the super dooper beast you know of, its over there"... or even DragonBall's anonymous villagers "Hey kid, I've seen this ball before. Its in the hands of the overlord over the mountains." Anyone in FMA can be given Psiren's speech on where to go next and it won't matter.

The whole black and white grey thing has been splashed all over the whole entire 51 episodes with various characters. Frankly if you never notice this theme through the whole show, then you didn't pay enough attention. That then makes Psiren no special than any other person in the black and white thingee, plus the fact is other than episode 13 where Mustang mentions her name (and talks about her encounter with Ed to embarass Ed), she was never mentioned again. HEck, Ed doesn't even recall about Psiren or her behaviour in any of his deliberations later. So where did Psiren play an effect on him? Furtheremore Psiren has never had her goal as helping the city, it is the citizens who believed that her legend helped the city. Don't get distracted by her boobs like Ed did and get tricked like Al into believing her great she is. The effects of her action doesn't mean that is her intentions.

So in short, Psiren=nothing any other character can do and has no effect on the series + a setting totally out of sync with the series=filler.

+Quote Post
BabyGurlAIKF113
post Jan 17 2005, 07:55 AM
Post #30

Citizen

Member No.: 5,736

whatever you guys are talking bout.... shoot
i don't know all i have to say it was a great episode

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2016 - 01:49 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css