Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Unnamed, Unfinished Story, A story that I'm writing while I'm bored
The Nature Alche...
post Jan 15 2005, 04:32 PM
Post #1

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,705

laugh.gif Hi everyone. This is my first FMA fanfic. It might not look like I put in paragraphs, but I did. It's just that I copied and pasted it from my word document. I'm osrry that it's so long, but I just hate breaking a story up into a lot of different segments. Enjoy. biggrin.gif P.S. please reply and tell me what you think. I'm starting to worry. unsure.gif

"Predator, you needn't be here." The boy explained as he blocked my way into Central City Headquarters. I tried to push him aside, but he used his alchemy to hold me off. "Predator, you can't go in there, you aren't an alchemist."

"Edward, I need to get in there." I explained as I sat on a bench just outside the door. "I have to see Mustang. I need to see him just once more before…"

"Predator, Colonel Mustang isn't seeing anybody today. He is still in recovery from the battle in Aerugo. Predator, if you go in there, you won't be able to even practice alchemy in your own house."

"Ed, I have to see Mustang. I can heal him. Please understand, Ed. If you don't let me in there he will die. If he dies…" My throat tightened from the thought of loosing Mustang. I loved him too dearly to even think about what would happen if he died.

"Ed, let her in." Al explained as he put him armor hand on my shoulder.

"Al, you know the rules. If I let her in, then I get my title taken away and they need me."

"Ed, break the rules just once. She knows more about this than us. If she says that she is the only way to save Colonel Mustang, then she is telling the truth."

I looked up through tear filled eyes to see Ed staring down at me. He was trying to figure out what to do. He still hadn't noticed the silver chain hanging from my cloak pocket.

"I can't believe how blind you are, Ed." I cried as I stood and pulled the watch from the pocket. "I am a state alchemist. Boss said for me not to tell anyone, promise that you'll keep my secret."

"I will." He said as he stared at my watch dumbstruck.

I walked by him and into the courtyard of Central Headquarters. I could go ahead and see Mustang, but I need to check with Hawkeye before I saw him. I needed to know if I should heal him or just put him out of his misery. I knew what I would do, but I needed to hear it from Hawkeye.

"Oh, Predator." Hawkeye greeted me as I walked up to her desk.

"How is he, Hawkeye?" I asked as I stared beyond her at his door.

"He is still in a coma. He's been like that all week. We're all really worried. Can you do anything?" She asked as she looked at me hopefully.

"I want to say that I can, but I'm not sure. You know that if I must, I will give my life for him. Can I go on back?"

"Yes, go ahead. I'll make sure that nobody disturbs you."

"Thanks, Hawkeye."

I walked past her desk to the door. I put my hand on the doorknob and forced myself to turn it. I turned to lead when the door flew open to reveal Mustang lying in bed with bandages covering hid body. The one covering his right shoulder and chest was stained red.

I slowly walked in and shut the door. There was a chair next to his bed. I sat in it and pulled up to his side. His black bangs clung to his sweat covered face. I yearend for his eyes to flicker open and him to reassure me that he would be fine, but I knew that was impossible.

"Mustang-" I just let the word hang in the air.

I had the same power that Edward had. I could use alchemy without a transmutation circle. I clapped my hands together and placed them on his chest. I watched hopefully as my green light surrounded him, then disappeared.

I waited a moment, then heard him moan. His left hand rose from his side and rubbed his forehead. He slowly opened his eyes, then blinked. It took him a second to get his bearings, but when he had he turned his head and looked at me.

"Grace, what are you doing here?" He asked as he settled his hand back at his side.

"I wasn't going to let you die." I explained as I picked up a cool wet rag with trembling hands and wiped the sweat from his face.

"You used up all of your energy." He said as he grabbed my right hand with his left, forcing me to drop the rag on his chest.

I reached for it with my left hand, but he beat me to it. I watched with blurred vision as he laid the rag on the table and took my right hand in his left.

"You shouldn't have done this. You could've killed yourself. Do you have any clue how lucky you are that you just used up most of your energy?"

I suddenly collapsed in the chair. I became short of breath and my eyes shut. I began to burn up and felt sweat form on my body. This had never happened before. Why was it happening now? Was it because I had used my alchemy on the fire alchemist?

Mustang immediately dropped my hand and swung his legs around to the side of the bed. I heard him stand and felt his arms around me as he lifted me from the chair and laid me where he had just been.

"Grace, hold on." His voice was fading. I couldn't focus my ears on any particular sound. Everything was muffled and much louder than it should've been.

I heard him as he struggled into his uniform and walked back to my side. I didn't feel it, but I knew that he had put his hand on my forehead to check my temperature when he jumped back. He hurried to the door and I heard him call to Hawkeye.

"Hawkeye, we've got a situation in here."

"Yes, Colonel."

I heard the door shut, but couldn't tell if I was alone or if Mustang was still there. I couldn't hear or feel anything now. I knew I drifted in and out of consciousness. The next thing I knew I was sitting up and staring at the darkened window.

I fell back to my pillow and rolled my head to the left. I first saw the nightstand and the lit candle it held. Beyond that I saw my friends. Edward, Alphonse, Hawkeye, Winry, Lieutenant Colonel Hughes, Major Armstrong, Second Lieutenant Havoc, and Mustang. They were all sitting around a table looking at something.

My hand flew to my side, but my cloak had been removed. They were most likely looking at my watch and wondering how I got it. I hadn't taken the test in Central, so they didn't know how I had gotten it.

"Why, hello there, stranger. Glad to see you're finally awake." Hughes said as he completed his stretched. He had realized that I was awake in mid-stretch.

"How's it going, Predator?" Havoc asked as he stood and walked to the end of the bed.

"Ed, looks like it worked." Winry said as she smiled to me.

"What are you looking at?" I asked in a whisper. My throat was dry.

Mustang looked at the table, which was still blocked from my view, then back at me. He grabbed my watch up with one hand and walked to my side. He then tossed it onto my chest.

I pulled it into my hand and stared at it. I could've broken it right then, but it wouldn't have done me any good.

"I know how you got that, but that's not really what we were looking at. I needed it to save you. Your jewels were needed to cure you." Ed explained as he walked to my side and held out his hand.

I placed the watch on his white glove and he flipped it open. I looked in and saw that one of the jewels had cracked. Really, it wasn't cracked. It looked like it had been cracked then glued back together.

"When you healed Mustang you used one of your jewels. You've relied on your alchemy so long that you've become dependant upon your jewels. When this jewel broke, you lost so much energy that it could've killed you." Ed explained.

I looked at Mustang and he smiled reassuringly. I gave a weak smile and tried to sit up. It was futile. As soon as I was in a sitting position, my chest began to throb and I cried out in pain. I fell back onto the pillow and curled into a ball.

"Predator, you can't go and try to sit up in your condition." Mustang used my assigned name. "The jewel might be fixed, but Ed has forced your body to rely on it's own strength now. You've been regaining body strength for the past three days. You need at least three more days of rest before you can get up."

“But…” I looked up at Mustang. He looked down at me, but his eyes showed no emotion. What had happened to my best friend? He wasn’t acting like himself. “Mustang…”

“Al,” Ed was the speaker. “We need to get going.”

“Yes, brother.”

I watched as Al and Ed left. Armstrong, Winry, and Hawkeye soon followed them. I was left with Hughes, Havoc, and Mustang. These were the three men that truly cared about me. I felt safe around them. They gave me a feeling of inner peace. When they were around everything was all right.

“Predator, you shouldn’t have risked your life like that. Mustang would’ve been fine.” Hughes explained as he put a hand on the end of the bed.

I just looked away from him. The feeling of security that I usually got from them had disappeared. I was uncomfortable now. What had I done wrong? I had helped my best friend; the man I loved. What was so wrong with that?

“Predator, talk to us.” Havoc hated it when I didn’t talk or smile.

I rotated myself so that I was completely supported by my left side. I just stared down at my blanket. I was willing to look at them. They were making me feel like I had done something wrong. What had I done to Mustang?

“Predator,” Mustang used my assigned name again and I could feel my heart ripping in two. “I’m grateful for what you did, but I’ve never seen alchemy used like that. How did you get your watch? Ed said he knew how you had done it, but I don’t. You never came to Central to take that test and this is the only place I knew of that you could take it.”

“If you’re thinking that it’s a copy, it’s not.” My voice was icy and tears threatened to break loose.

“We aren’t saying that, Predator.” Hughes explained. “We just want to know how you got it. We knew that you were doing alchemy in your house, but we overlooked it because it was nothing big. How did you suddenly go form house alchemy to a state alchemist?”

“Boss came to my house.” I whispered as I turned to my right side, away from them.

“Boss?” Havoc pulled away from the wall and turned to look at me. “Why did Boss come to your house?”

“Someone told him that I was using alchemy. He came to take me away and I used big alchemy.” I stopped and took a breath. “I managed to use it without hurting anyone though, so he was impressed. He immediately gave me the title as state alchemist. I got my name the day before I got here.”

“And?” Havoc asked.

“I am the Nature Alchemist. I can’t harm anyone so far. I can mainly only use force fields and healing spells. I’m now a Gun no Inu, just like you. I wish I could get out of this, everywhere I’ve been the past two weeks people have seen my watch and whispered Gun no Inu or military dog. I don’t want to give up my alchemy, though.”

“I’m not going to make you, Predator.” Mustang explained. “I just hate knowing that people are calling you a military dog. I wish you would get out so you could keep your free spirit, but you love alchemy and if you throw away your title, you’ll never be able to practice it again.”

I tried sitting up once more. I hated having to lay down while they were all standing over me. I tried using my arms to get me up, but I couldn’t move my left arm. I looked down and saw that it wasn’t there. I quickly shut my eyes and looked away.

“You didn’t notice it until now?” Havoc was worried. “We thought that you had already seen it and didn’t have a problem. Ed had to use human alchemy to heal you, we allowed him to even though it’s illegal. Your life was worth it. We had to sacrifice your left arm to keep you alive.

I looked at my arm through tear filled eyes. My mother had died to give me my body back after I had been trapped in a fire. I had now gone and ruined it. Why had I been so stupid? He would’ve gotten better, wouldn’t he?

“Winry is going to fix you up an auto-mail arm.” Hughes explained.

“Mother…” I whispered as I stared at the blanket and let my tears land on my right hand.

I heard Havoc and Hughes walk to the door. The door opened and I knew they had left. Mustang was still at my side. He had dealt with a situation like this once before, with Ed. Ed lost his left leg trying to bring his mother back using human alchemy. He then lost his right arm to transfer Al’s soul to a suit of armor.

“Your mother,” Mustang finally spoke to me as he use to. “I remember. She used human alchemy when you got caught in that fire. She gave her life to give you your body back.”

“She would say I’m ungrateful. Why did I do that, Mustang, why?” I grabbed my forehead with my right hand.

“I think I know, but I didn’t know that your feelings went that deep. You never made it obvious. I always thought that you just thought of me as a friend.”

“When I was caught in that fire, I kept thinking why weren’t you coming for me. Why weren’t you coming to save me? It was then that I realized that you only thought of us as friends. I was capable of using alchemy even then, but I didn’t use it to save myself because I hated knowing that you didn’t share my love.”

“By the time I got to the fire, it was too late. The house had collapsed. I’m the one that found what was left of your body. They had to drag me away from the sight. Later I heard that you were still alive and I felt sorry for you. They said that you would die. I tried to talk your mother out of using alchemy, but she was too stubborn.”

I looked up at Mustang. He understood what I was going through. He cupped my cheek with his hand. We just sat there like that until I finally managed to get my emotions under control.

“When is Winry going to fit me with my auto-mail?” I asked as I moved my right arm to support my weight.

“She’ll be here tomorrow.” My right arm failed and I fell back to the pillow. “Here, let me help.”

Mustang placed his right arm behind my back and pushed me up. He then helped me scoot back until I was resting against the headboard. I took a deep breath and looked across the room at the bookcase.

“Are all of those on alchemy?” I asked.

“Most of them. Others are on the military’s past. A couple are about my past.” He explained as he got up and walked of the case. “Would you like to read one.”

“If there is one on natural alchemy, I’d like to read that. I need to learn more about what I can do.”

*Please refer to my replys to hagane_no_tokage if your confused or upset about anything.*

--------------------
user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
The Nature Alche...
post Jan 28 2005, 06:58 PM
Post #2

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,705

laugh.gif lol. dry.gif how supportive. unsure.gif I was hurrying and didn't know what else to do. biggrin.gif Thanks for replying, though.

--------------------
user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- The Nature Alchemist   Unnamed, Unfinished Story   Jan 15 2005, 04:32 PM
- - hagane_no_tokage   hm...an interesting opening... you've definit...   Jan 17 2005, 03:22 AM
- - The Nature Alchemist   Thank you for replying to my story. I was starting...   Jan 17 2005, 10:17 PM
- - hagane_no_tokage   i called your character perfect because in this in...   Jan 17 2005, 10:42 PM
- - The Nature Alchemist   Hi people. I'm breaking my own rule by breakin...   Jan 18 2005, 08:51 PM
- - The Nature Alchemist   I'm refering to somthing that hagane_no_tokage...   Jan 19 2005, 12:53 PM
- - Omakase Shimasu   QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Jan 18 2005, 05:42 A...   Jan 20 2005, 12:56 PM
- - The Nature Alchemist   Thanks for letting me know, but I don't think ...   Jan 20 2005, 05:15 PM
- - Guest   @The Nature Alchemist: Nice job . Your style of w...   Jan 20 2005, 10:30 PM
- - Hex-Sama   That post was by me . Sorry I wasn't logged i...   Jan 20 2005, 10:32 PM
- - hagane_no_tokage   QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Jan 20 2005, 02:56 PM...   Jan 20 2005, 11:22 PM
- - Omakase Shimasu   Yep, it was added in a little box right underneath...   Jan 21 2005, 09:02 AM
- - The Nature Alchemist   @Hex-Sama: My made up character isn't me. I ma...   Jan 21 2005, 01:36 PM
- - hagane_no_tokage   QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Jan 21 2005, 11:02 AM...   Jan 21 2005, 10:53 PM
- - The Nature Alchemist   I know, I was just letting my readers know.   Jan 22 2005, 04:11 PM
- - The Nature Alchemist   Hi peoples. This is my next section. (Just so ever...   Jan 22 2005, 07:35 PM
- - Hex-Sama   QUOTE@Hex-Sama: My made up character isn't me....   Jan 22 2005, 09:30 PM
- - The Nature Alchemist   @Hex-Sama: I'm not upset, I was just letting y...   Jan 22 2005, 10:40 PM
- - The Nature Alchemist   My new section will be up shortly. I'm fixing ...   Jan 26 2005, 01:29 PM
- - dragonofchaos   yeah the cliff hanger is nice but it is sad that w...   Jan 26 2005, 02:01 PM
- - The Nature Alchemist   New post is up! Read, reply, enjoy! I s...   Jan 27 2005, 07:12 PM
- - Hex-Sama   @The Nature Alchemist: Edward is a genius ! H...   Jan 27 2005, 10:05 PM
|- - The Nature Alchemist   QUOTE(Hex-Sama @ Jan 28 2005, 12:05 AM)@...   Jan 28 2005, 02:35 PM
- - Ryuu   Sigh, I would write, because I love writing. But t...   Jan 28 2005, 02:14 AM
- - dragonofchaos   yeah another dliff hanger   Jan 28 2005, 03:33 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th June 2016 - 01:44 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css