HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Anime Con (conventions)!! Post up-coming Con info, your Con attending experiences, & pics!...closed because expanded as a full forum! Please post on individual con thread. :), If there is no thread for your Con, please feel free to open one!
animejunkie42980...
post May 15 2005, 08:01 PM
Post #61

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,250

QUOTE(Evil Alchemist @ Feb 5 2005, 09:50 PM)
There's one in Anahiem, California the Anime Expo, it's really close to Disneyland. It's July 1 to July 4, I plan on going to it.
[snapback]107441[/snapback]

nice! i guess ill see u there then! nevermind, im going on the 2nd... BTW, did u register already? if u did what's ur nickname? Btw, everything thats good is going to be on Saturday! tough luck... the cartoonist or director(im not sure) of the FMA movie is going to be there.

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Quistis88
post May 20 2005, 10:24 PM
Post #62

Executive Officer (Spam Assassin)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 16

Well, since I'm going to one tomorrow, might as well make some sort of post or something. If I see anything weird/odd/stupid/amazing/amusing, I'll be sure to let you all know.

And no, I'm not cosplaying, though I could wear that red leather coat of mine that resembles Ed's just for kicks.

--------------------
SINCERELY,
Quistis
(Forum Spam Assassin, Vice-Mother, and Queen of the Grammar Police)

This sentence says something else when you're not looking.

+Quote Post
NightMistress
post May 23 2005, 02:51 AM
Post #63

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 10,212

Do you guys think there's a chance they'd show FMA: Conquerer of the Shambala at Otakon? If so, do you think they'd sub it? One can dream. *sigh*

--------------------
Forum siblings: zarpia (my not so big sis) Fullmetal Fangirl (my very much so lil sis) ~FMAgurl~ (another very much so lil sis) MustEd4ever (another very lil sis) Drina (lil sis)

+Quote Post
kanakage34012
post May 24 2005, 06:22 PM
Post #64

Citizen

Member No.: 14,236

There is an Otakon convention coming to Baltimore Maryland at the end of August.
I'll put the website up when I find it in my magazine again.

I spelled it right this time tongue.gif

--------------------
[Fear the phyco tuba chicks! Fear us I say! ^.^]

+Quote Post
NightMistress
post May 24 2005, 07:55 PM
Post #65

State Alchemist (Major)

Yeah that's the one I'lll be at. The website is http://www.otakon.com/default2.asp

They do show premiere screenings. You just have to check this site after a while. http://www.otakon.com/events_screenings.asp

--------------------
Forum siblings: zarpia (my not so big sis) Fullmetal Fangirl (my very much so lil sis) ~FMAgurl~ (another very much so lil sis) MustEd4ever (another very lil sis) Drina (lil sis)

+Quote Post
Phyco girl
post May 25 2005, 11:04 AM
Post #66

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 7,070

I really want to go to one of these things! Only I don't know if I want to fly out all the way to Baltimore. I mean, seriously, I live in Texas!

Well, I was thinking of dressing up as Mint from Tokyo Mew Mew. My friends wanted to be the other characters so I figured why not?

Well I guess I check up on more info later happy.gif

+Quote Post
kanakage34012
post May 25 2005, 01:13 PM
Post #67

Citizen

Hey, I'm glad that you will be going to Otakon this year. I went last year and my Dad just dropped me off and left me in there for 2 hours by myself T.T I don't even know if my mom will let me go this year after that. Tis wasn't my fault! He was supposed to stay with me! Anyways, I hope you have a fun time at Otakon. If my mom lets me go with my friends ( Key word: If) I will be cosplaying as Ed, Mustang and Scar...my bishies biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gato Gurl914
post May 25 2005, 01:19 PM
Post #68

Citizen

Member No.: 11,544

theres only one that comes to my area each year. its Jafax. i don't know if ill be able to make it... T_T

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
NightMistress
post May 25 2005, 08:28 PM
Post #69

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE(kanakage34012 @ May 25 2005, 04:13 PM)
Hey, I'm glad that you will be going to Otakon this year. I went last year and my Dad just dropped me off and left me in there for 2 hours by myself T.T I don't even know if my mom will let me go this year after that. Tis wasn't my fault! He was supposed to stay with me! Anyways, I hope you have a fun time at Otakon. If my mom lets me go with my friends ( Key word: If) I will be cosplaying as Ed, Mustang and Scar...my bishies biggrin.gif
[snapback]179272[/snapback]

This will be my first Otakon. I went to Katsucon a few years back though. For Otakon we're going up Thursday night to stay at a friend's the whole weekend.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kanakage34012
post May 26 2005, 05:03 PM
Post #70

Citizen

Hi, NightMistress!
You're lucky that you're going thursday. If my parents let me go, my friends and I will be going up Friday, after band camp ( fear me, I'm the phyco tuba chick tongue.gif ) Our band director would kill us if we skipped out on band practice. My football coach would also kill me, but he would understand if I gave him a 2 month heads up.
As to Alchemy's Lover, yes, MANY people live within a 3 hour area of Baltimore. You should just see how many peole show up for the convention; it's packed! Word of the wise: Don't wear heavy clothes or clothes that absorb heat.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alchemy's Lover
post May 26 2005, 07:14 PM
Post #71

Apprentice

Member No.: 5,695

Uh thanks for the advice but I am a regular at Otakon so I know the tricks of the trade so to speak. huh.gif I fact I pass the convention center every day on my way to and from school.

--------------------
My friend and sister BlackRose
IPB Image

+Quote Post
NightMistress
post May 26 2005, 07:20 PM
Post #72

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE(kanakage34012 @ May 26 2005, 08:03 PM)
Hi, NightMistress!
You're lucky that you're going thursday. If my parents let me go, my friends and I will be going up Friday, after band camp ( fear me, I'm the phyco tuba chick tongue.gif ) Our band director would kill us if we skipped out on band practice. My football coach would also kill me, but he would understand if I gave him a 2 month heads up.
As to Alchemy's Lover, yes, MANY people live within a 3 hour area of Baltimore. You should just see how many peole show up for the convention; it's packed! Word of the wise: Don't wear heavy clothes or clothes that absorb heat.
[snapback]180123[/snapback]

Tubas are cool smile.gif At least band camp will be fun. I had to give up going on a beach trip in order to make it for Otakon. I really wanted to do both, but I felt it was just time to head to a con since it'd been a while. I looked at the stats for Otakon. It has been growing rather quickly by the year with 20,000 in attendance last year. No worries. I'll be wearing light colors and light clothing.

DC just built a newer bigger convention center. They had the American Idol auditions there. I hope major anime events start coming here. It's more convenient for me biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alchemy's Lover
post May 26 2005, 07:32 PM
Post #73

Apprentice

Actually they have limited the number of con goers this year I don't know the amount but I know I need to sign up and soon.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Alchemy's Lover
post May 26 2005, 07:52 PM
Post #74

Apprentice

Oh just stuff like about weather and costumes. Also get there early and do a 3 day pass because it will make life so much easier. Oh and if you wear a hug me sign then you are bound to get glomped at one point or another. biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
kanakage34012
post May 27 2005, 12:45 PM
Post #75

Citizen

YES!! LISTEN TO THE SMART PERSON!! It is true, Otakon does get very foul smelling. Last year, I saw someone walking around in a giant outfit of Kero from Cardcaptor Sakura. You know that person must have been really hot and REALLY working up a stench because they're body was incased in a giant outfit. Poor person, my heart goes out to you for wearing that outfit in the summer time laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2016 - 07:51 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css