Reply to this topicStart new topic
Yu-gi-oh!
sevter
post Jan 8 2005, 09:26 PM
Post #31

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,174

@Tao: Hire some medic and we better install some cameras there. When word of it goes out, we don't need to work for the rest of our lives!!! Mwahahahaha!!! Imagine how many people would pay for that video.

Another thing I don't understand is Seto's insistence to keep using Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon. Yugi kept beating him when he used that anyway...

--------------------
"We're from the same mold and that is a sexy, sexy mold" ~ Roy speaking to Masuta in The Alter Series
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Vx Tao Ren xV
post Jan 8 2005, 09:30 PM
Post #32

Alchemists

Member No.: 646

@sevter: Call me Ren biggrin.gif ..

Yes!!! I'm not alone on this one! I always yell at the screen when he does this. I even went turn by turn looking at what would've happened if he just left all three Blue-Eyes alone.. I bet he'd win a lot more often if he'd just use all three consecutively.. isn't he very analytical about these things? You'd think he'd figure it out by now..

--------------------
Crazy doesn't even begin to cover it...

+Quote Post
water_alchemist
post Jan 8 2005, 09:31 PM
Post #33

Alchemists

Member No.: 4,688

@serter: i think it is because it is his favorite card in the past as in the future. in older episodes it shows him in the past when yami defeated him. It shows that the card he used was blue eyes...and yami used dark magician..

--_Edit_--
nevermind i missunderstood the question...yea he would win alot if he jst left them alone...

--------------------
IPB Image

Time Square Can't Shine As Bright As You.

+Quote Post
sevter
post Jan 8 2005, 09:33 PM
Post #34

Apprentice

@Ren: I feel weird calling you "person." Your username's chinese right?

I'm not so sure whether he'll win if he used Blue Eyes consecutively. After all, Yugi has the three God Cards. Unfair advantage really. Don't Seto have a more powerful card?

isn't he very analytical about these things? You'd think he'd figure it out by now..

Must be his pride getting in the way of things. He's very attached to his dragons.

@water_alchemist: I understand the logic behind it. Yes, it's his favourite card but when you see him, he seemed to value winning above all else. It doesn't seem that he wouldn't see that if he would just change his tactics instead of using Blue Eyes all the time, maybe he would win.

--------------------
"We're from the same mold and that is a sexy, sexy mold" ~ Roy speaking to Masuta in The Alter Series

+Quote Post
Vx Tao Ren xV
post Jan 8 2005, 09:34 PM
Post #35

Alchemists

@water_alcemist: Yeah, but Seto always feels the need to combine all three Blue Eyes instead of using them seperately.. and he always looses when he does that (except for the first time.. only because he was kind of suicidal, but sometimes jumping off a ledge helps)..

@sevter: Yeah, it's from Shaman King..

Well, considering that it's usually down to Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon and Black Magician (before Yuugi pulls out some miracle ritual card or something), Seto would have a higher chance of winning by not using Polymerization and just using the Blue Eyes consecutively in one turn..

Yeah, but his love for dragons doesn't really say much.. he could have 3 powerful dragons on a field instead of one slightly more powerful but spiffier-looking dragon..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Thievesvinegar
post Jan 8 2005, 10:54 PM
Post #36

Brigadier General

Member No.: 354

Good god. They should ban this cartoon from after school cartoons and stick batman beyond back in.

--------------------

Member of G.O.O.P.

10,000 roman lions can't be wrong! Bring back the Circus Maximus!

+Quote Post
sevter
post Jan 8 2005, 11:05 PM
Post #37

Apprentice

QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Jan 9 2005, 01:54 PM)
Good god. They should ban this cartoon from after school cartoons and stick batman beyond back in.

Nah. Yu-Gi-Oh's pretty cool. The art needs some work though. I really don't like the art. Plus I've only ever seen the dubber version. Wait till I get my hands on the subs...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vx Tao Ren xV
post Jan 9 2005, 01:09 AM
Post #38

Alchemists

My first encounter with the show was the dub.. it's pretty terrible compared to the Japanese version.. I mean, in Japan the show is generally for ages 16+, and the dub is for 6+.. there's pretty much no comparison..

--------------------

+Quote Post
sevter
post Jan 9 2005, 01:46 AM
Post #39

Apprentice

That must be the reason why I dislike Yu-Gi-Oh so much then. I gotta admit, the voices in the dubbed version is horrible. I only like the characters, not the Anime nor the Manga. Don't like the art.

I MUST get my hands on those subs...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Jan 9 2005, 06:59 AM
Post #40

Brigadier General

Member No.: 1,360

QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Jan 8 2005, 10:54 PM)

Just when I thought this topic actually had some decent conversation. tongue.gif

Anyway..
Ren: hmm I'll just hope for GX subs...
Kaiba and is white suit? Well yeah, it wouldn't really be Kaiba if he didn't have those gravity defying trench coats tongue.gif I liked what he was wearing the Duelist Kingdom saga though... For some reason I really liked to see him in his school uniform tongue.gif I thought it was cute.

sevter: You're right! biggrin.gif I love complex xharacters. Secretive and mysterious guys appeal to girls tongue.gif *points at self* makes me wonder if most of the Kaiba fans are girls.. tongue.gif
Tickets to the confrontation??? blink.gif I don't think it would be that bad...

Hmm.. I actually liked the Doom saga for being corny. I thought that it fitted it real well. And it made me cry.. tongue.gif I was very touched by the whole saga actually.
yeah, there were a few "interesting things"
It was though pretty obvious that
Spoiler: (Click here to Display)

Yami Yugi and his horse were great too! biggrin.gif And you got to see a bit of Yami Yuigi's "old character" during his duel with Haga.

You guys do know about the Egypt arc, or??? It reveals quite a lot about Kaiba's obsession with Blue Eyes wink.gif It's really cute wink.gif

it's annoying how the dub is made "for kiddies" So much great things cut out. In Japan I guess it's not that bad for even little kids to watch, but America has different ideas... Anyway.. you'd think that since the main characters are older that it's aimed at an older audience...

--------------------
The Delirious Dreamy Airhead
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
An Open-Minded Perv & Member of G.O.O.P
user posted image
Here's the thread for you s-ai/yaoi fans:Shounen-ai Fans Unite!

+Quote Post
Vx Tao Ren xV
post Jan 9 2005, 03:22 PM
Post #41

Alchemists

You would think, wouldn't you?

I heard that GX is licensed by 4 Kids, so will probably follow the Duel Monsters dub.. ::shudder::.. that show has nothing to do with anything..

@Kihaku: I liked Seto's Duelist Kingdom outfit too.. although some people think he looks like a mechanic huh.gif .. the white gravity-defying trenchcoat outfit will always be my favorite though..

Just out of curiosity, what do you guys think of Anzu/Tea? For me, she's by far my least favorite character, I think someone needs to tape her mouth shut with duct tape.. not to mention she's pretty rude towards Seto..

Heh.. ::points to self:: Rabid fan-girl who loves to rant..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slashrose1010
post Jan 9 2005, 03:36 PM
Post #42

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 3,609

@Ren: yeah, I don't like Tea that much either. She is annoying and is kind of a clutz. I like Seto, Yami, and Yami Bakura the most. All of the aforementioned all have dark side, and that's the way I like them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vx Tao Ren xV
post Jan 9 2005, 04:11 PM
Post #43

Alchemists

@Slashrose: Yeah, the characters with evil personas are interesting.. my favorite is Yami Bakura.. he's so twisted biggrin.gif .. Yami Malik scares me, with those veins popping out of his head (I like Malik better, he's at least relatively sane).. and I'm just not a Yuugi fan at all.. I like the characters that have tortured pasts or questionable sanity laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slashrose1010
post Jan 9 2005, 04:40 PM
Post #44

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 3,609

Yami Yugi is kinda twisted though, Ren. He was willing to let Kaiba drop to his doom in Duelist Kingdom. He also used the Seal of Orichalcos against Rafael. I like Yami Maric. He was insane, and that's what made him cool. I like Marik pre-conversion. He was cool before he went all goodie-goodie. Yami Bakura is also just so cool because he is a stealer of souls and seeker of the Millenium items. When will WB start showing new episodes again?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Jan 10 2005, 01:23 AM
Post #45

Brigadier General

Member No.: 1,360

Ren: Oh, if even GX is licensed I probably would have hard time getting the subs tongue.gif
Kaiba looked like a mechanic with his Duelist Kingdom outfit? laugh.gif I bet he'd like to be described as one...
Actually that was my favourite wink.gif (I still like the school uniform a lot though). It doesn't give him such a superior look.

Anzu.... I don't really fancy her that much. She is a pretty useless character and her one sided love for Atem hasn't got much point. Since he probably didn't notice it either (and sees only Yugi tongue.gif)

Slashrose: Yeah, Yami Yugi is pretty twisted at times. In the first series before Duelist Kingdom he's pretty insane tongue.gif I suppose Yugi had an effect on him. Still, he's not as righteous as he "pretends" to be. I think it's kind of interesting. The Doom arc showed quite a few sides of him. I was pretty shocked when he used that seal and acted insane when after dueling Haga. I almost thought those times had passed.
Oh.. you don't like Malik after he went all goody-goody? tongue.gif The same as my bro. He was a great Yami Malik/Malik fan too for pretty much the same reasons.. I personally liked the part about Malik. Character changes and developments are what make the series more interesting. wink.gif

--------------------
The Delirious Dreamy Airhead
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
An Open-Minded Perv & Member of G.O.O.P
user posted image
Here's the thread for you s-ai/yaoi fans:Shounen-ai Fans Unite!

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th August 2016 - 03:21 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css