HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Fma Dvd/bd (first Series) Discussions, Post All FMA DVD info/questions/discussions here!!
Rating 4 V
Are you going to buy the US DVD's of FMA
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 115
Guests cannot vote 
Guest_SousukeSagara_*
post Apr 10 2005, 11:41 AM
Post #91

Guests

Of coruse i will! I already have the Starter Set! I was a bit uncertin when my friend siad i should buy it, but after watching it i can see that it is one of the best if not the best anime of all time.

P.S. Evangelion is a really awesome series, but it ain't THAT good. tongue.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lil Kis
post May 23 2005, 11:04 PM
Post #92

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,977

Wait i'm dissappointed! Why ain't the dubbed dvds in what is it called where the black bars are at the top and bottom of the screen? Well why ain't they on while watching the show? With them on the show would look 10 times better! WHy didn't they put them on? I'm very dissapppointed in this!? Or is it that I have a defected copy where they don't play them? Plz someone respond and let me know and thanks is everyone's copy like that too? Also I have a big screen tv so how do I put the black bars on the show or can i not do that even if it's on the right options? plz let me know and thanks

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post May 23 2005, 11:55 PM
Post #93

Guests

QUOTE(Lil Kis @ May 23 2005, 11:04 PM)
Wait i'm dissappointed! Why ain't the dubbed dvds in what is it called where the black bars are at the top and bottom of the screen? Well why ain't they on while watching the show? With them on the show would look 10 times better! WHy didn't they put them on? I'm very dissapppointed in this!? Or is it that I have a defected copy where they don't play them? Plz someone respond and let me know and thanks is everyone's copy like that too? Also I have a big screen tv so how do I put the black bars on the show or can i not do that even if it's on the right options? plz let me know and thanks
[snapback]178471[/snapback]

I do not have the dvd but I doubt fma is in widescreen as it was designed for tv ratio for tv broadcast.

+Quote Post
AlphonseRules
post May 24 2005, 02:02 PM
Post #94

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 6,124

Just so you know Kis, it is calle widescreen. The reason that it's not in widescreen format on the DVDs is because it is not in widescreen when it is aired on TV. If they edited it to be widescreen for the DVD everything would be smushed down and also wider than its supposed to be. It wouldn't be pretty, trust me. The only show that I can think of that airs on TV in widescreen is Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. There are probably other shows that do it to though.

--------------------
I'm still waiting for Al to rip someone in half.

+Quote Post
Phyco girl
post May 24 2005, 02:56 PM
Post #95

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 7,070

I got the 2nd DVD and am waiting for the 3rd to come out in a few days. Man I love the US tongue.gif But they didn't have the 2nd DVD with the tin box and everything (like the special edition in Japan). Oh well.

+Quote Post
chibi_kitsune
post May 24 2005, 03:23 PM
Post #96

Citizen

Member No.: 14,172

I have the first two dvds but somethings they skip.

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post May 24 2005, 03:34 PM
Post #97

Guests

i have the first 3 dvd's smile.gif and the first manga smile.gif im too lazy to log in my accnt is Maes-Hughes

+Quote Post
chibi_kitsune
post May 24 2005, 03:45 PM
Post #98

Citizen

Member No.: 14,172

QUOTE(Guest @ May 24 2005, 03:34 PM)
i have the first 3 dvd's smile.gif and the first manga smile.gif im too lazy to log in my accnt is Maes-Hughes
[snapback]178781[/snapback]

The third one? I though it wasn't out yet.

+Quote Post
Lil Kis
post May 24 2005, 10:09 PM
Post #99

Citizen

Member No.: 13,977

Actually it is out on online stores but that is all they don't have it at stores in the mall or anything like that until may 31st

+Quote Post
Phyco girl
post May 26 2005, 11:36 AM
Post #100

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 7,070

I usually just get it at Bestbuy or the bookstore. I don't have to pay shipping and handling and sometimes it actually is faster unless you pay like $10 just for next day shipping. I have the 1st manga although I've read up to the 47th chapter online.

+Quote Post
Maes-Hughes
post May 26 2005, 01:21 PM
Post #101

Alchemists

Member No.: 6,982

QUOTE(Phyco girl @ May 26 2005, 11:36 AM)
I usually just get it at Bestbuy or the bookstore. I don't have to pay shipping and handling and sometimes it actually is faster unless you pay like $10 just for next day shipping. I have the 1st manga although I've read up to the 47th chapter online.
[snapback]179892[/snapback]

i rather read the individual manga's instead of goin online and readin cuz then ill have all manga of the set jus like im doin wit the dvds

--------------------

+Quote Post
AlphonseRules
post May 26 2005, 02:36 PM
Post #102

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 6,124

QUOTE(Phyco girl @ May 26 2005, 02:36 PM)
[snapback]179892[/snapback]

Plus they are always cheaper at Best Buy. All of the FMA DVDs so far have been $20 at Best Buy versus about $30 at most other places.

--------------------
I'm still waiting for Al to rip someone in half.

+Quote Post
Suesoroshii Kouu
post Jul 25 2005, 01:23 PM
Post #103

Citizen

Member No.: 10,601

But of course, it gives me time to watch my favorite anime series. Whilst, also makes me not have to panic and be all, "When is this episode gonna air again?".

I tend to watch the Japanese with subtitles.. tongue.gif But that it gives you a choice is great!

--------------------
"Life is cruel sometimes, and decides to kick ya in the bum. So you may as well kick it back :'D"

+Quote Post
Keos
post Jul 27 2005, 01:54 AM
Post #104

Apprentice

Member No.: 17,621

Well, technically, mine are the Australian format (Region 4) of the US official DVDs, but yes I am currently collecting the set and plan to get all of them. The collectors tins are really sweet - well worth the money.

I was counting on the movie to have a happy ending to complete my great collection, but since that hasn't seemed to be possible, hopefully they will release something happier just to conclude the series on a happy note.... it will certainly make my money seem ever well spent on those DVDs....

--------------------
Avid EdWin supporter!

EdWin is canon! Thankyou Arakawa-sensei~~ ^ ^

Cloud & Tifa - The official FF7 couple.

+Quote Post
Scars of love
post Jul 28 2005, 03:02 PM
Post #105

Citizen

Member No.: 16,792

I have Volumes 1-3 currently and getting Volume 4 tommorow.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2016 - 07:14 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css