HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages V  « < 22 23 24  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Riza Or Winry? Or Both?, Which caharcter do you like better?
Rating 5 V
Which charcter do you like better?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 527
Guests cannot vote 
black~hayate
post Dec 7 2009, 11:39 PM
Post #346

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,859

Winry and Riza are so different! How can you even choose in them? The one is a battlefield gunslinger, the other the housekeeping mechanical... There is no point in choosing the best one.

--------------------
You have to leave me alot of cute messages! I love messages =3

Bark! Bark bark bark!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Dec 8 2009, 02:17 AM
Post #347

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (Winry Rockbell~ @ Dec 7 2009, 09:13 AM) *
QUOTE (Tombow @ Dec 7 2009, 05:37 AM) *
QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Oct 8 2009, 09:02 PM) *
QUOTE (Winry Rockbell~ @ Oct 8 2009, 07:22 PM) *
Luckily, Hiromu likes Winry better than Riza, and what Hiromu says is much greater than the fans opinion. *nod*
Um, do you have a source for that? Just curious, because I've never heard Arakawa say that before.
....Yes, I, too, would like to know what exactly Arakawa-sensei said, and the source of that info...

I don't know where it is now, but I recall reading an interview where Hiromu listed her top 4 characters, in this order: Ed, Al, Winry and Riza. smile.gif

@Winry Rockbell~ - Thank you for replying with the further info. happy.gif And, in that case... I think I know which interview that is. biggrin.gif

And.... I looked for the actual transcript of the interview, or the English translation of it all-night last night, but my Net connection has been sooo slow and everything takes so long and hence I couldn't find it, but luckily, thanks to DistantBlue (*hugs* ^^) we have the pertinent part of that interview posted on her post above. (I think that was in Fullmetal Alchemist Profiles guidebook that came out in 2006? ^^)

And, as we can see, in that interview, what Arakawa-sensei actually said was that Ed, Al, Winry, & Riza are her favorite FMA characters.
QUOTE (DistantBlue @ Dec 7 2009, 05:55 PM) *
QUOTE (Arakawa-sensei in the interview)
Favorite character?! I really can't decide. If I had to force myself to pick they would be Ed, Al, Winry and Lt. Hawkeye.
But the characters that are easiest to draw are Major Armstrong, animals and the mobs. (chuckle)

In the interview, there is no mention of which character she likes less, or more, nor any mention that the order of the name placement was indicating the actual order of (degree of) preferences by her. It could well be that Ed, Al, & Winry were "bunched up together" because they are more related characters, and hence Winry was placed next to Ed & Al, and that had nothing to do with Winry being more favored by Arakawa-sensei than Riza, or vise versa, or whatnot. ^^ Or, for that matter, this might have been in order of "less preferred to more preferred" laugh.gif (though, that's very unlikely, IMO, but my point is that since there is no clear note on this matter in the actual interview, if we start making up our own extrapolation of what "she might have meant" and start making up our own claims, it could get rather crazy, IMO. XD) Therefore, if we make some "factual claim" based on this interview and using this interview as a proof in our discussions, let's stick to only the fact that was actually said and clearly indicated in the interview. smile.gif

Bottom line: I agree with others that we really shouldn't make any false "factual" claim, based on this interview, that Arakawa-sensei likes any one FMA character better over other(s) among these 4 characters mentioned in the interview, unless/until we will find/read/hear any other words by Arakawa-sensei claiming otherwise. (At least, please try to avoid doing that on our posts while in the discussions on our board. smile.gif )

So, considering that, all we can see in this interview is that Arakawa-sensei has picked these four characters as her favorites at the time of this interview ... I say this, because, as others have mentioned, Arakawa-sensei mentioned a various FMA characters as her favorites at different interviews. ... which is kind of understandable, as I think she really likes them all. laugh.gif

Anyway, hope this can dissolve any misunderstanding anyone might have had on what Arakawa-sensei said about Winry and Riza in that interview. biggrin.gif

----------------------------

And, getting back to the main question: I like... BOTH. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DistantBlue
post Dec 8 2009, 03:56 PM
Post #348

Alchemists

Member No.: 67,766

*receives hug* 8D Glad to help.

(Sorry for 'spam'/off-topic answer, but I had to say that) XD

--------------------

QUOTE (Alzea @ Jul 16 2009, 07:49 AM) *
DistantBlue, I just can see this, demotivational poster:
Observation skillzShe haz them

+Quote Post
zonkiethegreat
post Dec 8 2009, 07:30 PM
Post #349

Alchemists

Member No.: 55,197

Well, as far as Winry in the first anime, I didn't really think of her as a nuisance at all. Of course, these characters started out as kids and matured through the series. In Conqueror of Shambala, Winry is a young woman, and has clearly matured. She even allowed herself to accept a phone call from Mustang (who had killed her parents in the first anime, in case someone is unaware.)

Riza in the first anime SUCKED. I didn't really pay much attention to her, hence why I am not a big Royai fan. Riza is 100 times better in the manga.

--------------------

Visit the Roy X Winry fansite : http://royxwinry.weebly.com

+Quote Post
hawkflame
post Dec 9 2009, 12:32 PM
Post #350

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,737

I prefer Riza. I like how she's serious, focused, professional, good at her job, but still has a heart. She's tough, and while she's generally unfazeable, she's still human- just goes to show how dire the situation is when she does freak. And I like how she's not perfect either- her devotion to Roy, while a great part of her character (big into Royai, me) can also be exploited. Though I will agree that manga Hawkeye > 1st anime Hawkeye by a long shot, mainly because she's actually given something to do in the manga.

Winry's great, but not quite mature enough for me.

+Quote Post
EveningAlchemist
post Dec 14 2009, 04:55 PM
Post #351

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,198

Although I think they're both respectable, I had to pick Riza, simply because I can relate more to how she acts and feels. Its not like she's better or anything, but I can just understand her more. They're both passionate people, about different things, but Riza is more subtle. That is how I would act if I were in her situation. Winry's adorable and lovable but Riza is mature and silently strong! cool.gif

--------------------

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an
array, copy and paste this in your signature.

+Quote Post
ElricAbuse
post Feb 28 2011, 05:11 PM
Post #352

Citizen

Member No.: 78,098

Riza! I'm sorry to Winry fans (um...kind of) but I never really cared for Winry. I thought she was so typical. Anyways, Riza FTW!

--------------------
Abusing the Elrics is punishable by law (not really, but it should be!)

If you have attempted alchemy by clapping your
hands, snapping, or drawing an array, copy and
paste this into your signature

+Quote Post
Dark-Winds
post Feb 28 2011, 07:01 PM
Post #353

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,903

Gotta say, as much as I love Winry, Riza is my favorite female character =)

So Riza FTW wink.gif

--------------------

Roy x Riza - Edward x Winry - Ling x Lan Fan - Alphonse x Mei - Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post
Envy's Lady
post Mar 18 2011, 06:05 AM
Post #354

Apprentice

Member No.: 73,733

I don't dislike Winry but I like Riza better.

--------------------

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 22 23 24
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 02:38 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css