Joined: 7-November 04
From: See that car outside your window? Heh heh heh...
Member No.: 1,949
QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Jan 4 2005, 10:57 PM)
QUOTE(vegita625 @ Dec 31 2004, 11:37 PM)
If my hair were black and I didn't need glasses, I could be Roy, I have his talking about dogs and his duel in episode 13 both memorized, wish I could put it to use ::imagines dressing up as Roy, going out trick or treating on Halloween, picking up a random dog and being like "Hmm......... PERFECT! (etc. etc.)"::
heh, you aren't going to otakon, by any chance, are you? my sister is winry and has a friend playing edo...i'm hawkeye, but i'm royless! T___T get a wig and wear your glasses! roy's hot with glasses! XD
Nah, too lazy for that... unless you happen to have some extra cash I can... "borrow"... yea, that's it... "borrow"...
Nah, a friend of mine will prolly go to Otakon (he went as one of the Sano cosplayers last year, complete with cardboard Zanbatou), and if I put in the effort of making an outfit, I'd prolly ask to go (he's been tryin to get me to go for the last 2 years), but otherwise, not likely. I mentioned to him that I'd love to cosplay as Roy because I can only do him or Ed (if I let my hair grow long, not my style), I guess I could get a wig... Seriously, I go up to anime fans and say "Who do you think I could cosplay as easiest?" Before FMA came here, people were saying "Vash, but that's a stretch..." Now that FMA's out, people are like "I could see it if you dyed your hair black..."
With a choice between Ed and Roy, the outfit for Roy would prolly be easier to do... ya know? Let's see... blue uniform... black wig... something to pose as the silver watch chain (or the silver watch)... white gloves with alchemy circles on each... I'm a perfectionist, what can I say? I'll think about it, but it'll prolly be a no, sorry Hawkeye, but you'll prolly be Taisa-less.
Hot with glasses, eh? Hmm... ::goes out in the sun for a while in Roy outfit:: I love transition lenses, he'd prolly be better with sunglasses than ordinary glasses
....You're friends keep telling you that your clapping and slapping the ground is just really too embarrassing
Guilty as charged...
-Any time you see a blonde guy with a braid you start to spaz
-Any time you see someone wearing white gloves you start to spaz
-In a frustrated rage when your computer doesn't work, you repeatedly try clapping your hands and smacking the monitor while giving your compy death threats (Especially when your episode downloads time out! *rage*)
-You have to hide all your little transmutation circle scribbles from your Baptist mother or else she'll think you're a Satan-worshipper
-You start calling your older brother, who speaks not a word of Japanese (nor will he ever) Nii-san
-Any time someone even insinuates that you're even remotely short, or that you should drink your milk (or not drink coffee, as is more often the case with me), you proceed with a smack-down
Joined: 21-August 04
From: CA / RI
Member No.: 501
Gender: Not Telling
oh yeah. the pomato PWNZ. and yeah, i do laugh. XD
hahah, my best friend and i think on the same brainwave. like in japanese class, we were reading something and it said "irasshai" somewhere in it, and i turned around to her and we both went " XD! episode five!" stuff like that happens a lot.
and on friday we learned "-ka" in class, like nani ka or doko ka or dare ka, and i started mumbling the toukakoukan speech to myself (nani ka no gisei nashi ni....) until my other friend, who sits in front of me, turned around and gave me weird looks.
- ON HIATUS UNTIL COLLEGE STOPS KICKING MY ASS - ninja + quis = <3
Joined: 14-January 05
From: I'm sorry, I'm not here right now, please leave a PM at the beep.... *BEEP*
Member No.: 5,660
You know your an FMA fanatic;
When you constantly check this site for new images(mostly for Ed pics)
When you want to kill your brother for calling Ed short
When you constantly check this site for new manga chapters online
When you cry over not having cable to watch the show(ok I don't really cry)
When you want to slap your friends for getting episodes from other friends who get them off the internet and constantly talk about it infront of you and you can't watch the episodes cause your compu is too old
Joined: 30-January 05
From: the negaverse
Member No.: 6,750
when u clap your hands over and over again to get that perfect ed sound when he claps his hands and then make the little sizzling alchemy noise. lol the baptist mother one is very true. if my father sees the transmutation circles i drew in my notebook hell prob try to burn me at the stake.
Joined: 9-January 05
From: The other side of the gate
Member No.: 5,327
* Some spoilers*
You know you're a FMA fanatic when:
1. You glue your eyes wide open to look like anime characters.
2. You change your hairstyle to look like your fav. character.
3. Every time your dad leaves the house, you demand him to return in time for your mum's funeral,who is not dead.
4. You cry when you learn that alchemy isn't really done with transmutation circles and flashing lights.
5. You attempt to crush every new religon you come across.
6. You pour milk into your vegetable soup.
7. You jump through every gate with a burst of confidence, hoping it's 'the one'
8. You light small fires under pictures of your family smiling, then recite the intro from full metal alchemist.
9. Your determined to ask George Bush if he's starting wars to create the philosopher's stone.
10. You have seven children, who you name Lust,gluttony,Envy,Greed,Wrath,Sloth and Pride. You make them look like homonculus,(including eyepatches,tatoos and green hair.etc.) Then comand them to be immortal and get you the philosopher's stone.
Joined: 10-February 05
Member No.: 7,450
Gender: Not Telling
LOL, everyone got some really good one now I can't come up with anymore...
- You started to braid more because your little brother grew taller than you (my 15 yr old bro just grew taller than me last August... I am 18 btw... and I am 153cm/5ft... now I am really considering to make Ed's clothing and make a blue version for my little bro and then beg him to go to Anime Evolution with me this year... but then I will have to resist hugging him because I am an Alphonse fangirl XD but we will need to dye our hair to gold and our mom would totally not permit that... got black hair here)
- you get a lot of FMA plot bunnies during every single elctures and your school grade dropped dramatically (and this is true... I was a top math student at my high school and after i got FMA addcited, I am failing math in university now TT_TT)
- You draw your favourite character a LOT, and you can find that face in every single one of your notebook
- you are surfing this website even thought your 1000 words research essay requiring 3 sources is due in 36 hours and you have no source found at all (WHICH IS NOW) and you still have got your 5 hours part-time job in 8 hours. (SOMEONE BAN ME FROM HERE x.x)
- You would download different fansub group's FMA just to compare and contract and stare at faces (I got all SPOON, SONCHOU and KICKASSANIME's... and some raws.. and even some dubs...)
- You got your little brother addicted to FMA now and always fight as in who gets to keep the manga in their room (which is now... I got manga 1 - 7 and I hid them from my bro XD)
- The only type of merchandise you got from the anime con is FMA merchandise (here... 2 posters, 1 chibi set, 1 deck of card, 1 doujinshi, 1 pencil board, a few fanarts)
- You cut up a few of your gray colored clothing, attach them together to make they look armor like, and cosplayed as armor Al (whole body covered up) even tho you are only 5 ft tall and your friend who cosplayed as Ed was taller than you. (*waves* here XD) and it was 25 degree celcius, indoor with no air conditioning.
- You hate whoever (real or fictional)'s name is Edward (rare to find someone named Alphonse ^^; ) if they are suckers.
- You clap you hands together yet you pretend that you were stretching
- You turned down a guy and your reasoning was because he lacks this -insert human Alphonse characteristics here- and that -insert Alphonse personality here-.
guilty of all of the above :x
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added* Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^
Joined: 20-February 05
From: I'll let you know as soon as I find out myself...
Member No.: 8,161
You know you're obessed when... -You pass any of the FMA games in the span of one or two sittings -You unconciously turn your head at the mentionings of words like Alchemy -You have FMA related dreams (had one of those a couple of nights ago. >.O;; ) -You keep checking Ebay for FMA stuff that hasn't been released where you live -You're ready to pounce on and attack anyone if they mention anything bad about FMA or Alchemy
All I can think of right now. O.o; And I've done several of the afore mentioned things in this thread.... XD