HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
U.s Special Edition Dvd 1, Just wondering what will be included?
TheVileOne
post Jan 2 2005, 11:30 AM
Post #31

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 250

Yes. Pre-order prices are $24.99 for the regular edition, and $33.99 for the box set. Since its Best Buy, I imagine those prices might get knocked down a little for the sales cost when its first released.

--------------------
"Struggle is optional. Pain is inevitable."

"This is my life. I have battled and lost, struggled and won.
I have had victory and defeat, and defeat in victory.
I will never be overmatched or unprepared.
This is who I am and who I will always be…I am Chris Benoit!"
- "The Crippler" Chris Benoit
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
eerabbit
post Jan 2 2005, 10:59 PM
Post #32

Citizen

Member No.: 4,784

um...forgive me for being stupid tongue.gif ...but where is suncoast? ive heard of it but i have no idea where it is...if there is could you give me a location somewhere near diamond bar.CA ?
thanks biggrin.gif

--------------------
i have no sig.

+Quote Post
angieness
post Jan 3 2005, 01:03 PM
Post #33

Apprentice

Member No.: 560

Kirara is definantley right. If Suncoast wasn't located in malls we could probably afford to lower our prices, but again there are only about 200-300 Suncoasts, think about how many Best Buys there are. Another thing is Best Buy doesn't make their money off of DVDs, they make it off of everything else like big screen televisions, sound systems, fridges, etc. Think about how much those things cost. Target and Wal Mart also aren't making their money off DVDs alone, they sell clothes, groceries, and more. Whereas Suncoast only sells movies, posters, and figures. If we sold big screen tvs and groceries we would be able to knock down the prices, I mean seriously trying to compare Best Buy, Wal Mart, K Mart, and Target to Suncoast makes no sense whatsoever. Best Buy, Wal Mart, etc. are all huge companies that depend on more than just DVDs. Even Media Play, a store owned by the same company as Suncoast and Sam Goody, can afford to be a few dollars cheaper because they sell books, videogames, DVDs, and more.

If you still think Suncoast is too pricey think of it this way. How much money does the average American family spend when they grocery shop? It's not out of the ordinary for families to spend $200+ a WEEK at Wal Mart. And think about how large Wal Mart is, especially if it's a super store, and think about how many families go shopping there every WEEK. That's $200 a family and you probably get around 100-200 families DAILY. On average at Suncoast we get $2,000-4,000 a day. To equal the amount of money a family spends at Wal Mart we have to sell $200 worth of DVDs. Considering most people only buy 1 or 2 DVDs when they go to Suncoast and considering unlike Wal Mart who is busy during the week while we're primarily busy on the weekends, to make up for that gap we have to raise the price of the DVDs.

As for Best Buy, if someone buys a big screen tv there that's anywhere from $1,000-2,000 (keep in mind the price of a big screen tv is probably the equivalent of half of what a Suncoast store makes on a weekday) It's also likely Best Buy sells several big screen tvs daily so that can be anywhere from $2,000-$8,000 daily from big screen tvs alone. It's the same with fridges, sound systems, etc. Companies like Best Buy have products that can make $1,000 in one purchase whereas Suncoast, a company that ONLY sells DVDs, would have to sell 33 DVDs at a price of $29.99 to make $1,000. If we were to lower the price of the average DVD to $19.99 we would have to sell 50 DVDs to equal $1,000. Now keep in mind most people only buy 1-2 DVDs and we aren't busy during the week. While a $10 difference doesn't seem like a lot, in the long run it IS a lot.

So to sum up what I'm saying, Wal Mart, Best Buy, and Target make their money off of more than just DVDs, plus since they're larger, easier to find stores, they make a lot more money. Whereas Suncoast is a small business that depends ONLY on DVDs and we have no items that cost over $300, we have to make up for it. Sure it seems like we're an evil corporation that likes sucking money out of your pockets, if you think of the big picture, we make higher prices because we HAVE to or we wouldn't survive. If you've read and understood what I've said in this post you would understand that there's no way we can compare with Wal Mart and Best Buy

As for action figures being pricey at Suncoast? Dude, the Fullmetal Alchemist trading arts figures are $6.99 which is about a dollar more than you'd be getting them in Japan. If you go to a convention you have to plop down $5-6 on a trading arts figure. That's in a box. Meaning you can't see what it is. Meaning you have to keep buying them over and over and over to get them all. At Suncoast the figures are in clear packages so you know who you're getting. The only figures I ever see in our store that are over priced are either huge 18 inch figures or the Berserk and FLCL figures which are 17.99 a piece which is cheaper than you'd get them at most conventions

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Jan 3 2005, 01:54 PM
Post #34

Sorry angieness, but 24.99 is way too much for Appleseed action figures so whatever. Its nice that you are selling those FMA trading arts figs for 6.99, but you know, I'm not going to spend that much on little inanimate figurines.

I don't dislike Suncoast. Its a cool shop and they have an interesting selection and I like browsing in it, but seeing as to how overpriced most anime already is, I don't feel like contributing to the problem. Like having to pay $25-30 dollars for an anime DVD with only 3 episodes is kind of ridiculous.

--------------------

+Quote Post
angieness
post Jan 3 2005, 06:11 PM
Post #35

Apprentice

You're fine vileone, I'm just saying my point of view on the whole thing. I'm not telling people they have to shop at Suncoast, I'm just trying to shed some light on why we're so expensive in comparison to other stores

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
miss_neko
post Jan 7 2005, 09:17 PM
Post #36

Apprentice

Member No.: 4,451

for best buy.....

Fullmetal Alchemist 1: Alchemist'S Curse: Uncut - DVD : $24.99

Fullmetal Alchemist: Starter Set: Uncut - DVD : $33.99

i am still thinking of either going to best buy or walmart >.< ... can't choose.

BTW: even though suncoast can't be compare to best buy,target, etc. their stuff is over price! and i notice that they don't just sell dvd there... they seem to also sell DVD Players and etc so they aren't just making money off dvd.

+Quote Post
angieness
post Jan 7 2005, 11:08 PM
Post #37

Apprentice

we are just making money off DVDs yo, we have a whole 3 DVD players that we sell and they're all off brand things that cost 29.99-39.99. There are also 3 different portable DVD players we sell around 299-399 and in the whole 7 months I've been working we haven't sold a single one. So yep we just make our money on DVDs, to say a few off brand DVD players and a few portable DVD players that never sell make any impact on our sales is a great exagerration. So yes, we have to make our DVDs more expensive or we wouldn't survive.

If you guys buy anime anywhere don't go to Wal Mart! Wal Mart kills off smaller businesses. KB Toys in my mall just closed and around the country the stores are nearly extinct thanks to Wal Mart. Also that great thing called Netflix is hurting thanks to Wal Mart's Netflix-like program. Don't support them!

Best Buy on the otherhand bothers me a little because the company used to own Musicland (the company that is in control of Suncoast, Sam Goody, and Mediaplay) and during the time Best Buy owned Musicland, Musicland lost a lot of money. Apparently Best Buy was trying to phase them out or something which makes no sense but it's what I've been told by my boss. But still, Best Buy is the lesser of two evils when it comes to Best Buy and Wal Mart so if you don't like the place I work at, at the very least support the lesser evil.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Jan 8 2005, 12:01 AM
Post #38

From now on angieness...I'm going to shop at Wal-mart as much I can just to spite you tongue.gif .

--------------------

+Quote Post
_alchemist
post Jan 8 2005, 12:26 AM
Post #39

Citizen

Member No.: 3,154

a metal box? OST+DVD= 34 bucks [pre-ordered]?? OUTRAGEOUS! but i'll probably end up being a dumb shit and buying nonetheless.

--------------------
In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

+Quote Post
miss_neko
post Jan 8 2005, 09:31 AM
Post #40

Apprentice

so what if walmart is hurting all the other little business. after all this world is base on capitalism right? that's why a lot of people shop at walmart cause they have good bargain. let's just say whoever has the best price at their store wins.

+Quote Post
angieness
post Jan 8 2005, 02:38 PM
Post #41

Apprentice

hehe well it's you guys choice if you want to wait in long lines behind rednecks with their 20 kids and clothes that are too small biggrin.gif I know I for one hate going to Wal Mart because it's an obstacle course where I have to avoid people who randomly stop walking. In the middle of the store. And then like you see those people that are all AHM GONNA SMACK YOU KIDS IF YOU DONT SHUTUP! that are all bad parent like. And then you go into the music section and there are like 5 year olds talking about smoking and cussing. And then there's like a herd of ultra Christian women that are gossiping and they have bumper stickers that are about abortion and fetuses and stuff. It's really not insulting to me if you go shop at Wal Mart because the stores themselves crack me up

Afterall there are people like this that work there
http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll...70357/1001/NEWS
he brought Wal Mart's coolness points up

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Jan 8 2005, 04:56 PM
Post #42

Yeah but in Suncoast I have to avoid people trying to sell me stuff I don't want...and who have no idea what I'm talking about when I ask, "Do you have The Rise And Fall Of ECW?"

--------------------

+Quote Post
angieness
post Jan 8 2005, 10:27 PM
Post #43

Apprentice

heh I'll give you that one! It's that way at a lot of places laugh.gif I always have to ask people if they want replay cards or reserves or whatever else because if I don't get so many of each a week I lose my job. I know it's annoying but I don't want to lose my job! Afterall working at Suncoast is very cool cause you get 35% off anime and 40% off manga so everything I buy at my store is cheaper than I'll ever get at Wal Mart

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
miss_neko
post Jan 9 2005, 12:02 PM
Post #44

Apprentice

well that's easy for you to say since you WORK there O.0

+Quote Post
Gr33D
post Jan 9 2005, 12:06 PM
Post #45

Citizen

Member No.: 618

Is Suncoast only in United States, or is it in Canada too? It sounds like a sweet store! tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image

"I'm Greedy As Hell, So I Can Take Care Of My Own Life.."

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th June 2016 - 11:35 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css