HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
U.s Special Edition Dvd 1, Just wondering what will be included?
angieness
post Dec 31 2004, 12:33 AM
Post #16

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 560

To defend the company I work for, we're more expensive because we have to be. It's places like Wal Mart that are killing us smaller movie companies. According to my boss there's roughly 200-300 Suncoasts nationally whereas according to this documentary about Wal Mart I watched a few weeks ago, there's millions and millions of Wal Marts world wide. You have no idea how annoying it is helping customers as much as you possibly can only to have them practically spit in your face by saying oh no it's a whole $3 cheaper at Wal Mart let's go there! At the very least go to Media Play it's a few dollars cheaper and it's owned by the same company as Suncoast.

It always makes me sad to hear people putting down the place I work for when I work my butt off to help anime fans every time they come into my store.

Anyway you're not going to find the box much cheaper than $35-40 because the box itself is a piece of metal, plus there's a 20 page color booklet, plus the soundtrack, and plus the DVD itself. If you want to get the box cheapest you pretty much have to get it the week it comes out because most places have the price lower the opening week. Here are some examples of prices online

http://animenation.com/fp18130.html
-Animenation $37.49

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmg...tem/64455/4/0/0
-Right Stuf $37.49

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp...duct_id=3511624
-Wal Mart without the box is 16.98 while the list price is 19.99 meaning if they carry the box it will probably be around $35

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=8-...asin=B0006H324I
-Target $34.99

so at the moment the price seems to go from $34-42

I'm not trying to sound mean or anything it's just thanks to Suncoast for the past 10 years I was always able to get ahold of anime when no one else even dreamed of carrying it so I love working for the company

--------------------
user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
love_me_destroye...
post Jan 1 2005, 08:02 PM
Post #17

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 2,394

FUNIMATION SUCKS!!!!! does anbody know where i can get my hands on a japaneese dvd w/ subs?

--------------------
user posted imageCocktail, anyone?

user posted image

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Jan 1 2005, 09:03 PM
Post #18

Guests

Yes. The R1 DVD release on Feb. 8th has the Japanese language track and ENGLISH subtitles.

Guess what baka? THE JAPANESE DO NOT PUT ENGLISH SUBTITLES ON THEIR DVD RELEASES YOU SILLY SOT!

The only way you are getting them in Japanese with English subs is the American releases, so take it or leave it player hater.

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Jan 1 2005, 09:05 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 250

Sorry, that was my post above. But yea love_me_destroyer you are a sot and a baka.

--------------------
"Struggle is optional. Pain is inevitable."

"This is my life. I have battled and lost, struggled and won.
I have had victory and defeat, and defeat in victory.
I will never be overmatched or unprepared.
This is who I am and who I will always be…I am Chris Benoit!"
- "The Crippler" Chris Benoit

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jan 1 2005, 09:06 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 3,267

I'm not trying to sound mean or anything it's just thanks to Suncoast for the past 10 years I was always able to get ahold of anime when no one else even dreamed of carrying it so I love working for the company

Sorry if it sounded like I was dissing Suncoast. I shop there all the time, I am a replay member and I will be getting all my FMA merchandise there. Its really sad but the people even know me at my Suncoast. So I do really like Suncoast, I like that they always have what I want on opening day, that I can get anime merchandise besides DVDs and the people there actually know what anime is. Heck I even liked Suncoast before I was into anime because it was the only place I could find certain old classic movies.

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Jan 1 2005, 09:14 PM
Post #21

QUOTE(angieness @ Dec 31 2004, 07:33 AM)
To defend the company I work for, we're more expensive because we have to be. It's places like Wal Mart that are killing us smaller movie companies. According to my boss there's roughly 200-300 Suncoasts nationally whereas according to this documentary about Wal Mart I watched a few weeks ago, there's millions and millions of Wal Marts world wide.  You have no idea how annoying it is helping customers as much as you possibly can only to have them practically spit in your face by saying oh no it's a whole $3 cheaper at Wal Mart let's go there!  At the very least go to Media Play it's a few dollars cheaper and it's owned by the same company as Suncoast.

It always makes me sad to hear people putting down the place I work for when I work my butt off to help anime fans every time they come into my store.

Anyway you're not going to find the box much cheaper than $35-40 because the box itself is a piece of metal, plus there's a 20 page color booklet, plus the soundtrack, and plus the DVD itself.  If you want to get the box cheapest you pretty much have to get it the week it comes out because most places have the price lower the opening week. Here are some examples of prices online

http://animenation.com/fp18130.html
-Animenation $37.49

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmg...tem/64455/4/0/0
-Right Stuf $37.49

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp...duct_id=3511624
-Wal Mart without the box is 16.98 while the list price is 19.99 meaning if they carry the box it will probably be around $35

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=8-...asin=B0006H324I
-Target  $34.99

so at the moment the price seems to go from $34-42

Not to insult you guys or anything, but maybe more people would shop or buy stuff at Suncoast if you guys would try to compete with the prices a bit more. Such as price matching with your competitors. Someone's not going to go across the street to Wal-mart or where ever to get the item for 3 dollars less if you give it to them right there for 3 dollars less. If Media Play owns suncoast as well and they have it there for cheaper, than there is no reason you shouldn't be willing to match their price either. Just saying, its good business sense.

I'd also like to add that Best Buy has a great anime selection that continues to grow. It used to be part of the Sci-fi/horror section, but now its got its own category and section of shelf space. Target is kind of getting there, so at least they see the popularity and lucrativeness(?) of the genre.

--------------------

+Quote Post
angieness
post Jan 1 2005, 10:51 PM
Post #22

Apprentice

Member No.: 560

Yeah I totally understand where everyone is coming from because Suncoast is expensive and I have no idea why we don't price match. Unfortunatley I have no say over our prices or anything so there's very little I can do.

As for the person complaining about Funimation, the only way you'll get subtitles on a non funimation DVD is bootlegs. The thing about bootlegs is the money doesn't go towards the original creators. And if you think American anime prices are high try getting actual Japanese DVDs XD

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
xrninja
post Jan 1 2005, 10:55 PM
Post #23

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 501

aaaagh, i'd want the japanese ones because their covers are gorgeous. XD maybe i'll just get those, i rewatched a few episodes today and surprisingly i understood a lot of it...more than i expected, at least. blink.gif

--------------------
- ON HIATUS UNTIL COLLEGE STOPS KICKING MY ASS -
ninja + quis = <3

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Jan 1 2005, 10:59 PM
Post #24

Aren't the American release DVD covers the same as the Japanese ones? At least that's what people were saying about volume one due out Feb. 8th.

--------------------

+Quote Post
xrninja
post Jan 1 2005, 11:03 PM
Post #25

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 501

i'm not 100% sure, but the american one has a shirtless ed on the front and the jintai rensei circle in the back, with the american logo, and the japanese ones are the ones with the cged characters in the front and it just says FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST # in the middle.

--------------------
- ON HIATUS UNTIL COLLEGE STOPS KICKING MY ASS -
ninja + quis = <3

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Jan 1 2005, 11:06 PM
Post #26

Well regardless, I think the region 1 covers look great.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jan 1 2005, 11:10 PM
Post #27

The reason why Suncoast doesn't price match is because it would go out of business. Suncoast is a specialty shop and thus its costs are probably a lot more than stores like Walmart, Best Buy and Target. I know that might not make sense, but in a sense when you are paying higher prices at Suncoast you are paying for better quality products. True particular DVDs are the same, but Suncoast has a wider selection and sells certain things that you cannot find in Target, Walmart and Best Buy. Of course this doesn't matter to everyone, and even saving $3 dollars is probably worth it for a lot of people, but this is the reason why Suncoast has higher prices.

And I would assume the Fullmetal Alchemist DVD covers will be very similar to the Japanese ones.

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Jan 1 2005, 11:23 PM
Post #28

I dunno about that. Just about everything at Suncoast I can find at Best Buy. Best Buy probably has one of the best DVD selections in the country and they are catering to more niche products, titles, audiences with them.

Suncoast has a lot of action figures and collectibles that are not sold elsewhere, but those are overpriced as well wink.gif .

Anyway, I really doubt price matching would make Suncoast go out of business.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jan 2 2005, 09:27 AM
Post #29

Well when I went to Best Buy there were a lot of things I couldn't find, but that could have been the particular day. But Best Buy still isn't a speciality shop. Also Suncoast is located in malls and the cost of that is higher than not being in a mall, so that drives prices up. As a speciality shop you will also probably get better personal service in Suncoast, although Best Buy does have pretty good customer service too.

Not that Best Buy, Target and Walmart are bad stores either (well Target is because it overworks my friend) but besides really liking Suncoast, Suncoast is also more convienent for me personally to get to. But of course that has nothing to do with the prices. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_ellie-chan_*
post Jan 2 2005, 10:27 AM
Post #30

Guests

um. Speaking of Best Buy. Is there an exact price on the dvd w/ and w/o the box?

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2016 - 11:01 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css