Roy Hate?, Why do you hate him so much?
hitokiri
post Dec 18 2004, 08:35 AM
Post #31

Brigadier General

Group: Members
Member No.: 650

QUOTE(telepika @ Dec 18 2004, 03:59 AM)
Why are all you sub viewers here? Go away or hide. Otherwise you'll scare away the dub viewers.

i think we're all here for the same reason that the dub viewers seem to show up out of nowhere and start defending/loving ed/al/whoever.

[side note: i swear if i meet another random "hohenheim is an asshole, even i though i have no idea of who he is and i havent seen him in the series yet" person.......]

--------------------
peace,

hitokiri

------------------------------------------------------------
"argh...my neck is one gargantuan monkey fist..."
- J. Peterman -
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ninie
post Dec 18 2004, 09:06 AM
Post #32

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 434

QUOTE(hitokiri @ Dec 18 2004, 10:35 AM)
[side note: i swear if i meet another random "hohenheim is an asshole, even i though i have no idea of who he is and i havent seen him in the series yet" person.......]

There are people just heard of him somewhere, and they already hate him?

<---- Likes Hohenheim

Yes, come, dub people! We won't eat you, even if you hate Roy!

--------------------
user posted image
Made by the amazing Haroken! ^_^ Thank you!

+Quote Post
Nemu
post Dec 18 2004, 11:09 AM
Post #33

Apprentice

Member No.: 3,416

QUOTE(hitokiri @ Dec 18 2004, 08:35 AM)
QUOTE(telepika @ Dec 18 2004, 03:59 AM)
Why are all you sub viewers here? Go away or hide. Otherwise you'll scare away the dub viewers.

i think we're all here for the same reason that the dub viewers seem to show up out of nowhere and start defending/loving ed/al/whoever.

GOD, I can understand what you're getting at.

I'm not letting the dubbies scare me away dammit. FINALLY a place to talk about stuff, and I'm having fun here!

Also, we subbies should not leave.

There's SO many questions about characters that the subbies should just refrain from spoilering, and keep answering all those questions for the dubbies.

We are NEEDED.

PS. I can imagine you would be annoyed with or dislike Roy, or feel threatened by his presence in the story, but really HATE? Nah. It's near impossible.

+Quote Post
Foolio
post Dec 18 2004, 11:45 AM
Post #34

Alchemists

Member No.: 3,892

eheh, yes hate is a stong word, really really dislike is more of the term.

(one phrase i hate more than death and public speaking is coming outta my mouth, strange)

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
RoyxRiza BigFan
post Dec 18 2004, 11:56 AM
Post #35

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 12

QUOTE(Kihaku @ Dec 17 2004, 08:04 PM)
Oh come on guys, everyone is a little manipulative at times tongue.gif
And Foolio, did you pay much attention to that part? He didn't exactly enjoy it....
besides:
Spoiler: (Click here to Display)
that was only in the anime... Roy wasn't the culprit in the manga

how true he may be cocky (yes but he is very good at acting out), manipulative (duh! how does he score with so many chicks! he even bag the first prize by the end of the series- opss O0O should not have say that)! but a bastard? come on almost every anime character can be a bastard (well for males that is.. rolleyes.gif ) and those anime gals would be bitches is it? rolleyes.gif

--------------------
God is Good and this is why *U*

user posted image

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Dec 18 2004, 12:10 PM
Post #36

Brigadier General

Member No.: 1,360

Yeah... and it's mostly the "cool guys" who have "the bastard side".
For example Vegeta from DBZ tongue.gif But anyway... I don't think Roy is "a bastard" type at all... because if he was... I doubt he'd have so many girls/women after him tongue.gif In my opinion he's very caring, loyal and unselfish.. not much of a bastard type, or? tongue.gif Roy haters, you could check the Roy-thread for the great list of his great qualities that we came up with biggrin.gif Maybe you could change your mind.....?
telepika: I liked what you said! Exactly that!
But hmm... I'm not going to run away and hide tongue.gif
Don't worry dub viewers! I honour your opinion so long as you state it properly.
Of course I'll like to argue with that, but don't be afraid! *hides lightning staff behind her back*

--------------------
The Delirious Dreamy Airhead
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
An Open-Minded Perv & Member of G.O.O.P
user posted image
Here's the thread for you s-ai/yaoi fans:Shounen-ai Fans Unite!

+Quote Post
Queen of the dam...
post Dec 18 2004, 07:09 PM
Post #37

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 511

We're open to opinion.... Stae your Argument and present your proof..... We might have a nice debate....(BUT USE PROPER ENGLISH WITH CAPITALS, CONNAS, FULLSTOPS AND DON'T JUST USE THE SMILIES!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad.gif )

--------------------
We live and then we die. This in inevitable. What you do when you live is up to you.

+Quote Post
kungfustickman
post Dec 18 2004, 08:05 PM
Post #38

Citizen

Member No.: 2,204

QUOTE(Darkmetal Alchemist @ Dec 17 2004, 12:23 PM)
Why you ask, simple mustang is a cocky manipulating bastard

That's what some people thought at first. Oh well wait and see.

--------------------
When I become the Fuhrer.....

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Dec 19 2004, 08:16 AM
Post #39

Member No.: 3,267

Um I am a little lost I have not seen anyone say that they hate Roy. How can someone already determine they hate a character who barely has had a part yet. I admit from reading the manga I am more of an Ed fan, but I do love Roy. I love all the good guys.

And I think we should refrain from labeling ourselves and Dubbies and Subbies. I feel it just seperates fans. Besides I am jealous of all the people who got to see the subs and got to watch the show without the fear of being spoiled.

+Quote Post
BakaOnna
post Dec 19 2004, 08:28 AM
Post #40

Citizen

Member No.: 2,152

i like Roy A LOT better in the manga. he's cooler in the manga and does some very interesting things.... that i won't mention cuz i'll ruin it for the ppl who's still reading the manga. as for the anime.... he's alright.... and i have seen the whole sub version... and i still think he's alright.

--------------------
IPB Image
Beware of the Killer Lolis!!!

Currently watching: Utawarerumono, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Fate/Stay Night, Jyu Oh Sei, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Ouran High School Host Club, Bleach

+Quote Post
angieness
post Dec 19 2004, 10:08 AM
Post #41

Apprentice

Member No.: 560

I personally never disliked him, he's not my favorite but he is up there! At work we got in the trading arts figures (suncoast for you people wanting to flock out and buy them XD)we already sold out of Edward but alas poor Roy has only been bought once and that was by me cause I bought one of each

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Dec 19 2004, 11:07 AM
Post #42

Brigadier General

Member No.: 1,360

QUOTE(Queen of the dammed @ Dec 18 2004, 07:09 PM)
AND DON'T JUST USE THE SMILIES!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad.gif )

What's wrong with the smilies????? blink.gif

But anyway... I also prefer manga Roy to anime Roy. At the moment anyway(not that there is really much difference.I prefer the way he's drawn in the anime though). His character seems deeper... I think. And he's funnier too tongue.gif

--------------------
The Delirious Dreamy Airhead
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
An Open-Minded Perv & Member of G.O.O.P
user posted image
Here's the thread for you s-ai/yaoi fans:Shounen-ai Fans Unite!

+Quote Post
Ryan227
post Dec 19 2004, 11:30 AM
Post #43

Citizen

Member No.: 3,921

Hey I've only been watching the dub and I've liked Roy since the first time it showed him tongue.gif At first is voice did sound a little odd but now I'm used to it. He's not my favorite character but I don't hate him, I don't even dislike him. I think it's obvious why so many dub people would be Ed or Al fans after the first three episodes, I mean they're the main characters and they got the most development so you feel like you know them best so you like them best. Ed was my favorite character at the beginning and I still like him but he's not my favorite anymore. Not every dub fan hates Roy and loves Ed!

Sorry for any spelling mistakes, I can't spell and I'm lazy sad.gif

+Quote Post
Nemu
post Dec 19 2004, 11:48 AM
Post #44

Apprentice

Member No.: 3,416

QUOTE(Kirara @ Dec 19 2004, 08:16 AM)
Um I am a little lost I have not seen anyone say that hate Roy. How can someone already determine they hate a character who barely has had a part yet. I admit from reading the manga I am more of an Ed fan, but I do love Roy. I love all the good guys.

And I think we should refrain from labeling ourselves and Dubbies and Subbies. I feel it just seperates fans. Besides I am jealous of all the people who got to see the subs and got to watch the show without the fear of being spoiled.

Well~... I had friends who managed to download the eps earlier sometimes, and they kept spoilering shit, or almost-spoilering actually.

Lucky nothing much had been spoilered...

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Dec 19 2004, 11:53 AM
Post #45

Member No.: 3,267

Well~... I had friends who managed to download the eps earlier sometimes, and they kept spoilering shit, or almost-spoilering actually.

Oh I have been spoiled quite a bit too. All accidentally of course. I downloaded an AMV the other day which claimed it had no spoilers, but of course it did (luckily that was one I already knew). It's just so hard not to be spoiled when you want to find out as much as you can but everywhere you look there are spoilers sad.gif.

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2016 - 02:59 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css