Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Meo
post May 4 2006, 07:34 PM
Post #227

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,543

Edward's birthday was never revealed. :] Not in the anime nor the manga.

--------------------
My fanfic(s):
Chained: An Edwin fluff. <3
Decide Another Edwin, comedy this time though. x)

IPB Image

Drawn in Paint by Meo.

+Quote Post
FMA4ever
post Jul 15 2006, 12:26 AM
Post #228

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 34,479

Well this is what I found from a site (but I don't believe it.)

Editor's Note: Several sites (notashrimp.com and DRIFTER, for example) say that Ed's birth date is October 11, 1899 (and I'm also told this is from some book biography), and another (Official FMA Fan Site) states that his birthday is February 3, 1899. However, in the episode "The Alchemy Exam", Edward, Alphonse, and Nina are seen playing outside in the snow sometime after Christmas when Maes Hughes then comes up wishing Edward a happy birthday (this was the same day Hughes's daughter was born, and occured just before Ed went to take the exam, thus making him 12 at that time). So it seems like his birthday would be in late December. If you have any official source of information about his birth date, please contact me.

It was from this site

--------------------

+Quote Post
rekkakitsune
post Aug 9 2006, 11:25 AM
Post #229

Citizen

Member No.: 39,501

QUOTE(Nemu @ Dec 13 2004, 02:49 PM) [snapback]54392[/snapback]

Exactly! 5'2"! I use the metric system and I read a bit of the translated manga, and there was this tiny omake there, and they said he was 1.65 with antenna and shoe soles. That's about 1.55 without those, seeing the whole proportional thing.

Yep. I figured it out, and it was 5'2" and there was some discussion about it all and now everyone else is saying the same too. Yep. Great.

I like being right through my own findings. =3

ummm... 165 cms is 5'5 not 5'2 ed's 5'5 including hair and shoes

+Quote Post
Untitled
post Aug 12 2006, 01:38 AM
Post #230

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 38,823

He starts at 15 then flash back to 10-12 then grows older to 16 then in the movie, I think he was 18? Oh well..

He's 5'2?! whoa! Only 2 inches taller! And I'm 12!! (going 13... so yes, I'm short.)

--------------------
Back from the <insert place>. Reconstructing <:

+Quote Post
Surge
post Aug 12 2006, 03:22 AM
Post #231

Citizen

Member No.: 39,342

I think He was twenty in the movie because it mentions that other world alphonse was eighteen...

--------------------
Too wide, buddy. Shrink it.

+Quote Post
sweety_pie
post Aug 12 2006, 09:56 AM
Post #232

Major General

Member No.: 35,070

QUOTE(Untitled @ Aug 12 2006, 03:38 AM) [snapback]431677[/snapback]

He starts at 15 then flash back to 10-12 then grows older to 16 then in the movie, I think he was 18? Oh well..

In the movie he's like 21. He says that he met Alphonse Heidrich "two years ago."And he looked like what Al should at age 18. So two years later, he would be 20, and Ed is a year older so he would be 21.

that's all my thinking for today.

--------------------

Thank you so much Milky for the Siggie. You are the awesomest!

+Quote Post
Twilight Warrior...
post Jan 27 2007, 10:24 PM
Post #233

Citizen

Member No.: 44,048

wasn't he 15 after episode 11, and then turned 16
in episode 23? I remember in the dubbed
anime that when Al was captured he said that he
was 14, but that couldn't be because in episode 11
the captions said that they were 14 and 15, so some
time later (episode 23) Ed had his birthday.
That would make Ed 16 and Al 15 years old.

Does that make sense?

--------------------

-"If the ways of this world are based on equivalent exchange, as alchemy says, then in order to allow for a new generation to enjoy good fortune,
then the price that we must pay is to carry the bodies of the dead across a river of blood."

- Riza Hawkeye

+Quote Post
Reta McClain
post Feb 12 2007, 02:54 AM
Post #234

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 40,803

*sigh* Wanna anime timeline? Spoilers from the whole anime, duh.

Let's make this clear, in the anime:

Edward and Winry born 1899 and Alphonse 1900.
The Human Transmutation took place in the beginning of the February 1910. (Ed: 11, Al: 10)
Ed and Al left Resembool October 3rd 1910.
January-February(?) 1911 Ed turns 12.
Ed becomes a State Alchemist in March(? I don't have a clue... But I think it is March *shrug*) 1911.
Most of the series takes place 1914-1915.
Ed turns sixteen in 1915. (ep. 24 I think...)
Dante+Rozé's baby= freaky doors open (our side; WWI, September 1916) in Amestris it's still 1915.
Ed sacrifices himself and the Gate does something freaky and Ed is suddenly on our side of the Gate in 1921. (Ed: 16, Al: 10)
Movie takes place in a year 1923 (our world) and in Amestris it's 1917. (Ed: 18, Al: 13)

So there is a six year gap between the timelines of these two worlds.

Well, this don't apply to the manga (which is the original story) but these are the anime facts.

Hope that helped, and seriously those are not hard to figure out.

--------------------

Adobe Photoshop Elements is my friend^^
My FanFiction.Net account
A Fangirl of Good Looking Fullmetal Alchemist Men = FGLFMAM

+Quote Post
Becca-chan
post Feb 12 2007, 05:12 AM
Post #235

Alchemists

Member No.: 39,345

Reta's correct on that timeline.. but I just want to add my one in too.
Warning - Spoilerific so read with caution..for some reason the spoiler button never likes me sleep.gif;

1899 - Edward born

1900 - Alphonse born ( The military's special forces are sent to Ishbal)

- somewhere between 1901 and 1904 - Hohenheim leaves home

1905 - Ed (6) and Al (5) start doing alchemy, on their first attempt, they transmute a doll for Winry.

1906 - Nina Tucker born?

1907 - Ed (8) and Al (7) transmute toys for Winry again (I think) that's when we first find out Ed hates his father for leaving.
The State Alchemists are sent to Ishbal, Winry's parents die at the hands of a young Roy Mustang.

1908 - ?

1909 - Ed (10) and Al (9) are orphaned and taken in by Pinako and Winry when Trisha Elric dies from sickness.
Later on in the year, Ed contemplates of bringing back their mother using 'Human Transmutation' ..and Ed and Al start to study on the 'ingredients' needed.
However they find they need to be better skilled in Alchemy..
After managing to persuade Izumi, both are taken to Dublith to be trained.

1910 - Ed (11) and Al (10) perform the transmutation to bring back their mother.. it costs Al his entire body and Ed, his right arm.. then he gives up his left leg to bring back Al's soul, which he binds to a suit of armour.
Sloth is born.
Ed and Al meet Roy Mustang (25) who suggests for Ed to join the State Alchemists, then he may be able to find a way to return his and Al's bodies back to normal.
Ed's arm is fitted with automail, later on in the year..both Ed and Al burn down their family home and leave Resembool.

- Ed and Al encounter Mahajal, Karin and Clause, the fiasco with the living dolls happens -

- The train incident on the way to Central happens, Ed and Al meet Vato Falman and Maes Hughes (27?) at the time, Gracia Hughes is 5 months into pregnancy -

Ed and Al meet Alexander, Shou (29?) and Nina Tucker (4) , Shou lets the boys stay at the Tucker residence to prepare for the upcoming 'Alchemist exam' that will be held in the early months of next year.

Ed and Al wanted to see the talking chimera that won Shou his title of 'Sewing-life alchemist' ..however Shou sadly says that the chimera died shortly after it was made.

During this time, the Elric brothers study hard for the exam and grow close to the Tucker family, Nina becoming a lot like a little sister to them.

1911 - Ed and Al still study hard for the exam, Edward celebrates his 12th birthday over at the Hughes house-hold..and in the evening Elicia Hughes is born.
The Alchemy exam happens possibly a few weeks later, Al has to pull out of the exam due to the risk of his secret being found out.. Ed passes the exam with flying colours.
Al turns 11 at some point during this time.

Possibly a month later, Ed finally get's his silver pocketwatch and Shou (30) get's told by Havoc that his assessment date is coming up.

Ed and Al ask about the assessment and Shou explains that if he doesn't get a good result this year, the State will take away his license and he'll end up losing this lifestyle, since last year he didn't get such a good result, it's his last chance.

Al suggests to Shou that he should make another talking chimera.. and Ed agrees, saying that they'll be there to see it this time.

On the same night, Ed ( while writing a letter to Winry) and Al find out from Nina and Shou that Mrs. Tucker left them two years ago.
( Nina said that Mrs Tucker had told her father he was a ' good for nothing alchemist who couldn't do anything right' and Shou said that his wife left to live with her parents because 'she couldn't stand being poor' )

Nina draws a picture that's for her mother, but the next morning.. Edward finds that same picture has now been burnt.
Edward begins to grow suspicious on what happened to Shou's wife and starts to snoop around,

He finds out from Hughes that Mrs. Tucker supposedly died before they came to Central, yet that was the same time that the first talking chimera died by starving itself to death.

Basque Gran catches onto Ed's snooping and evicts Ed and Al from the Tucker residence, on the same day he also gives Shou an ultimatum about the assessment, if he doesn't turn in something great this year, Shou and Nina will be out of that mansion and back on the streets.
The Tucker household is under some form on house arrest that night, as there are Gran's guards keeping watch outside.

Shou gives Nina one final hug as the inevitable is about to happen.
That night, Shou transmutes Nina and Alexander into a chimera.. Ed and Al arrive too late to stop Shou.
Ed beats the crud out of Shou, while Shou gives a speech on how he and Ed are alike.. yet that just ends with Edward beating Shou up even more, until the Nina chimera stops him from hurting her father even more.

Basque Gran interfere's once again.. and has Shou arrested, both creator and chimera are led into the back of a military van, Shou is to be taken to court..while Nina is to be taken to Lab 5 for special treatment.

Ed, in an upset rage and an attempt to save Nina; makes the van crash..Nina just runs away from Edward..and meets her end at the hands of an Ishbalan known as Scar.

Either a few days or a few weeks pass, Shou is thought to of been executed by firing squad, Ed and Al discover that Shou was researching the Philosopher's stone at some point in time.

- Ed encounters Barry the Chopper, the young alchemist finds out how powerless and small he really is -

- The incident in Youswell coal-mining town happens, Ed and Al also meet Lyla for the first time -

1914 - The Elrics meet the Tringinghams, they encounter Psiren and the incident in Lior happens.
Ed turns 15 during that time while Elicia turns 3, the battle between Edward and Roy happens.
The Elrics go to find Dr. Marcoh, however unknown to them.. Marcoh is killed by Gluttony when they hand him back to the military.
Ed and Al start to do even more research on the Philosopher's stone.

The boys also breifly return home to Resembool after a nasty encounter with Scar, Armstrong comes back with them.
Winry finds out about the date that's engraved in Ed's pocketwatch.
Ed, Al and Armstrong leave for Central again.

1915 - The incident at Lab 5 happens, Edward finds out that Shou wasn't executed.. but was sent to Lab 5 to make more chimera's for the military..
However Shou ( now 34) is now a chimera himself and is also trying to bring back his daughter, Nina.
However he's only been able to create a half human/chimera in her image.. and was promised by the Homunculi that they'd reveal the secrets to creating a Homunculous if he worked for them.

At the same time Al encounters Barry the Chopper ( whose soul is now encased in armour too) and Barry tries to fool Al into thinking he's nothing but a made up soul.

Greed is freed from his imprisonment at Lab 5, he also frees the chimera's that were in the jail cells as well.

Ed agrees to help Tucker.. however the Homunculi plan to use a load of prisoners to make a new Philosopher's stone..and of course Ed is royally ticked when he finds that out.

Ed also turns 16 as he spends his time in hospital, after being injured in lab 5.
Al is reminded that his soul is real afterall.

- And since this is dragging on a bit now, all events that happen after this point, happen -

Shou succesfully brings back Nina's human body..however it is revealed, much to the poor man's horror.. that the child's body hasn't got a soul.

At the end of the series Shou is still trying to bring Nina back to life.
Al get's his human body back..which I still reckon looks more like it's 11 years old rather than 10 years old, and Ed now lives on the other side of the gate with Hohenheim.

--------------------
Becca-chan; Your local Tucker addict...I am 100% sane, I swear! O.O;

+Quote Post
Reta McClain
post Feb 12 2007, 05:54 AM
Post #236

State Alchemist (Major)

O_o That is one detailed timeline *was too lazy to read the whole thing*

...Why is there so much blank space? blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Becca-chan
post Feb 12 2007, 07:06 AM
Post #237

Alchemists

Member No.: 39,345

Yeah....I got carried away with it ^^;

As for the blank space, I'm just about to try and fix that.

- Edit -

Fixed!

--------------------
Becca-chan; Your local Tucker addict...I am 100% sane, I swear! O.O;

+Quote Post
Reta McClain
post Feb 12 2007, 09:22 PM
Post #238

State Alchemist (Major)

YAY!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Arthur-F.Metal4l...
post Feb 22 2007, 01:07 AM
Post #239

Apprentice

Member No.: 44,836

man so what that hes 5.2 but he kicks guys taht are from 6.0 to 7.0 or higher and i dont know whats so bad in beeing short

--------------------

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your signature.

+Quote Post
Kenji
post Feb 22 2007, 02:35 AM
Post #240

Brigadier General

Member No.: 44,341

QUOTE(Arthur-F.Metal4life @ Feb 22 2007, 04:07 PM) [snapback]508139[/snapback]
man so what that hes 5.2 but he kicks guys taht are from 6.0 to 7.0 or higher and i dont know whats so bad in beeing short

This is a tread talking about Ed's age..not his height... laugh.gif

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 05:59 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css