Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hughes (spoilers) In Episode 25, About Hughes' Character
AA battery
post Feb 15 2005, 07:56 PM
Post #106

Brigadier General

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,450

QUOTE(Full Flame Alchemist @ Feb 11 2005, 01:44 PM)
A question to Hughes-fans. If there was an 'our world' Hughes in the movie,would you like him???

Basque Gran........The Scary Moustache Alchemist. rolleyes.gif
[snapback]111682[/snapback]

No... Don't put in an Alter!Hughes there...

I myself don't like the Alter!Alphonse idea once I saw the movie news...it feels like, creating an OC of Alphonse just because he was always Ed's companion and because of... many, many more reason that i have came up with (no, of cuz I am not an Edward fangirl >.> or maybe I don't like Alter!Al because I am an Alphonse fangirl...)

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ἀρχή
post Mar 17 2005, 06:19 PM
Post #107

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 3,228

I can't believe this was the last topic in the category sad.gif

Anyway, I'm going to watch episode 25 again, this time with my wife.

Hughes - you were the best!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toby-Chan
post Mar 18 2005, 03:29 PM
Post #108

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 3,284

I've had discussions about that with my few friends and such (Although it was generally in spoiler code, so it was stated something along the lines of "Do you think there might be a matching apple seed for the orange seed who wears ducky pajamas in the land of zeppelins?")

I think that it would cheapen his death. And it wouldn't be the same person. Hohenheim said himself that it was only through coincidences by the similarities between worlds that a child who looked like Edward happened to be living there. Similar body, different soul.

I'm still distraught that Hughes died, but at this point, there's no use in wishing he hadn't, or wanting a replacement. What's happened has happened, and it's best to just understand and accept that it happened and appreciate his accomplishments in life, just as you would in real life.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex_Louis_Armst...
post Mar 19 2005, 06:02 AM
Post #109

Citizen

Member No.: 9,980

Hughes was great, he was the character that had the biggest impact on other characters in Fullmetal Alchemist when he died I was sad but when I saw Major Alex Armstrong cry I saw the impact that Hughes had on people and even on Roy who acts all tough couldn't hold back. It is allways sad to see a character like him die, I missed the way he acted serious then a second later he would crack a joke or say something funny or stupid and annoying people by showing pictures of his daughter Elysia. He was indeed a great father and a friend to Roy, Ed and Al and was sadly missed when he died.

--------------------

Made by AnimeAllen

+Quote Post
Kitoky
post Mar 19 2005, 06:56 AM
Post #110

Alchemists

Member No.: 3,476

Hmmm....Alter world Hughes seems too cliche - I'd like to just respect Hughes as one great character..

I feel melancholy now....reading Alex Louis Armstrong's post about Hughes and all that is true...*sniffle*

--------------------
[center]user posted image[/center]

+Quote Post
ἀρχή
post May 23 2005, 05:22 AM
Post #111

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 3,228

I think it would be nice if there was a pre-episode 25 OVA of the show just about a day in the life of the military. Of course Hughes would have to play a large part in it laugh.gif

Meh, a bump for old times sake as this is my very first topic on this forum and people deserve to hear my thoughts on the subject laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Roi Moustang
post Feb 9 2006, 09:17 PM
Post #112

Citizen

Member No.: 28,532

As i have been looking over this forum and reading almost every possible post i can in the short few months i have been on this site, i have come to relize how much Maes really means...[spoiler] I started watching a movie dedicated to Maes Hughes and his life (If you want to see it send me a PM) and it has come to my attention that while not many people have talked about how much Maes meant to the series and how sad it was when he was killed...[/spoiler] I figured i would just let everyone know that he is a noble person that even the non FMA fans could take a great example of.

[spoiler]Dedicated to Maes Hughes Death in my eyes December 30, 2005[/spoiler]

--------------------

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post Feb 9 2006, 11:05 PM
Post #113

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

I LOVE Hughes...happy.gif....I am a Hughes....hehe...it is my last name and I wear it with even more pride now..mwuahaha!

I was SO sad when he died...T_T....such a loving father, husband and good friend.

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
Roi Moustang
post Feb 10 2006, 01:16 AM
Post #114

Citizen

Member No.: 28,532

I have to say that there is by far no tru way to replace a character like Hughes neway... He was probably the most important none impact character ever. And sadly enough his death really did make it like a tru friend had died... Watching that many people crying and then seeing his lil girl cry and say his work isnt done yet!!! OMG that was crushing to the very depth of my soul.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Abomination
post Apr 15 2006, 11:53 PM
Post #115

Citizen

Member No.: 34,556

Sorry but I'm waaaay too tired to read all of these posts, so I'm gonna ask a question and hope it's not a repeat. I jumped in and out of FMA before getting into it. I saw the eppy where Hughes was killed and remember thinking he was a great character tho I saw little of him. My question, is/was Hughes and Mustang brothers?

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Apr 16 2006, 01:36 AM
Post #116

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

@Abomination - Welcome to our discussion forums!! smile.gif
Well, no, Houghes and Roy are not brothers, but they were very close, very trusted, very loyal friends to each other.
Yeah, it was so sad he got killed... sad.gif
Anyway, may I just commend you that you did not open a new thread for asking this question, and you actually sought out this thread, and added post here!! I'm impressed!!
Cartoon Netwok is airing the FMA series from the begining again (currently episode 4, or somewhere there, I think,) so hopufully, you can catch some of the missed episodes, and hope to see more of your posts in our forums!! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Abomination
post Apr 16 2006, 03:32 PM
Post #117

Citizen

Member No.: 34,556

Thanks Tombow for answering my question. Mustang and Hughes must have been pretty close to pick up on a brotherly vibe. I really like how Hughes was loyal to Mustang and was trying to help him become Furer.

Anyway, may I just commend you that you did not open a new thread for asking this question, and you actually sought out this thread, and added post here!! I'm impressed!!

smile.gif Thanks, I figured it was best, why start a new thread for one answer? lol I was trying to see if someone asked the question already but got to tired and had like 14 pages of "Hughes" topics to go.

I've been watching the repeats from the begining and someday soon hope to have my own copy of the show.

+Quote Post
vfdj42
post Apr 21 2006, 07:06 AM
Post #118

Apprentice

Group: Validating
Member No.: 25,992

I couldn't stand Hughes at first, but then he grew on me a bit, especially since he's Roy's friend.

+Quote Post
FMA4ever
post Apr 27 2006, 03:22 PM
Post #119

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 34,479

When Hughes died in the manga, I thought it was pretty sad! I was reading it at school and I would have cried if the teacher didn't tell me to put my book away! lol! But yeah...I LOVE MAES!

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 04:08 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css