Reply to this topicStart new topic
Alchemy Game!, What do you guys think?
Isamu
post Jan 19 2012, 02:04 PM
Post #1

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 88,114

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums but I'm not new to programming! That's why I am making an alchemy game with the aim to do just about anything. Since the alchemy system will be the hardest to program, that's the part that I'm starting with first.

Here's my idea:
Alchemy is about the manipulation of matter via natural energy. Whether this energy is from one's own body, the earth, or some other source you need energy. In my system you have potential energy and energy carrying particles. The energy carrying particles can only be affected when in a potential energy field. The way that the particles use the potential energy is due to a vector field that is determined by the alchemist through the array and other markings.

The way that this vector field is created is with three basic groups of components: the foundation, the elements, and the effects. The foundation does two things: gives the array potential energy and creates barriers that keep the transmutation contained. Some examples would be the basic circle, or a polygon that can focus the transmutation.
The Elements is a simpler idea. In this layer of the array you draw symbols that dictate which elements are being used. This changes the particles to a specific or combination of elements.
The last idea works specifically on the vector field component of the array. This is where the real magic happens. This is where you place symbols to create specific effects, such as to mix components, or add a soul, or the like.

So? Ideas? Comments? I know one of my ideas is to try and simplify the system using quantum mechanics. If anyone is getting turned off by the idea of math in alchemy, I can incorporate a simplified system that only uses the common symbols and polygons.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
deadlypenguin666
post Jun 29 2012, 06:44 AM
Post #2

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 90,559

confusing......but either way, im stickin' with shapes instead of math.Sounds cool! keep it up! biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'MA DANCIN' TACO!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2016 - 03:07 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css