Reply to this topicStart new topic
Bandwagoness!, Fanart that wants some comments
hagane_no_tokage
post Dec 12 2004, 11:26 AM
Post #16

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,565

i really like that top one, with the four images behind ed, the pose you drew ed in is really nice, there's a lot of good movement in the image. something...doesn't look quite right on roy and riza, but not no much you can't tell who they are. also, al's mouth isn't quite right either, the little...munchy jaw thing comes down further, but overall it's a nice piece. again, i really like ed's pose. you're planning to color them, right? biggrin.gif please show us when they are finished, they both look like good stuff in the works. XD

--------------------
IPB Image

I am the Cold Blooded Alchemist. Ph34r Me.
Read My Fics! :D

Auld Lang Syne...Shinkume...Tsuzureori...Tin Soldiers...Pegasus...The Space Between
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
xrninja
post Dec 12 2004, 11:35 AM
Post #17

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 501

ooh, i love roy's smirky expression in the first one XD al's eyes are a little huge though. and i suck at drawing mechs too, but i think ed's automail is pretty fun to draw =3 good luck with the oC trial.....i've been experimenting in photoshop, trying to get the same effects, but i haven't got it right yet. i don't like doing things in one sitting either, because i had to do that for both this picture (2:45) and this picture (1:00) and it's a pain, because i never got to add the shadows to either. i tried uninstalling it and redLing the trial, but no cigar. portalgraphics, they're tricky ones.

oh yeah, for the ed picture, his hair shows a lot of movement but there isnt' really any in the clothes. based on how the wind's blowing, you'd probably want to make the jacket more fwappy in that direction (<--excellent artists terminology. fwappy. obviously i suck at describing things XD) and i think his whole pigtail should be shown blowing around, because just the end of it doesn't make as much sense.

--------------------
- ON HIATUS UNTIL COLLEGE STOPS KICKING MY ASS -
ninja + quis = <3

+Quote Post
Akaina
post Dec 13 2004, 04:28 PM
Post #18

Citizen

Member No.: 2,935

Thanx for the comments, guys! I'm new to drawing Roy and Riza ^__^ that's the 3rd Roy I've drawn and the 1st Riza... and I wanted her to be seen in a unique position, but it just doesn't capture her personality ^__^() I'll try to work on that.
I originally had his cloak billowing out, but... it ended up covering Riza's face >__< I sorta left it out then... but I'll work something out! The criticism really helps.
I was bored during science... but something good came of that: IPB Image
My science teacher is uptight about doodles so I had to do it in my assignment book, sorry about the lines. She's crazy, my science teacher... I haven't met a single science teacher that wasn't.

+Quote Post
Akaina
post Jan 2 2005, 09:08 AM
Post #19

Citizen

Member No.: 2,935

I only just realized that ninja was talking about the other one -__-()
Oh well. Here's the colored version of the Ed-gumi:
IPB Image

I finally has time to color this. My savior comes in the form of Open Canvas 1.1, which has no trial version so I can use it as long as I like! w00t!! It's a bit harder to use than the newer ones, seeing as you can't undo past 3 or so steps and for some reason you can't combine anything other than multiply layers (?) but the same basics are there. I luv you, 1.1!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th June 2016 - 01:19 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css