Reply to this topicStart new topic
Anime Should Be Exactly Like Manga, Write your thoughts
Tashi
post Dec 4 2004, 04:03 AM
Post #16

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 825

i dont like it when anime and manga stick to closley together, because frankly, there arnt that many series worth going through twice, if they are different its less boring the second time through

--------------------
user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lady Battousai
post Dec 7 2004, 03:27 AM
Post #17

Alchemists

Member No.: 989

Well, manga and anime should be different don't you think? If not, then where is all the fun to read or watch?

But when it comes to end a series, let's just say anime has a mind of it's own. sleep.gif they are spoiling it!

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
JTails724
post Dec 7 2004, 07:49 PM
Post #18

Citizen

Member No.: 3,397

I think manga should only be different from the anime only if it adds something new to the story without ruining it. [ran out of thoughts]

+Quote Post
Ryan227
post Dec 17 2004, 10:35 PM
Post #19

Citizen

Member No.: 3,921

In a way I like it when the manga and the anime are at least a little bit different. For example I was reading the InuYasha manga and watching the anime and at one point I was just a little ahead in the anime then I was in the manga and I started wondering what the point was in reading the manga because the anime sticks so close at parts and it was getting really boring reading what I just saw so i stopped reading it. Sometimes I also like seeing different endings because if I don't like the way one ended maybe I'll like the way the other one ended better tongue.gif Sometimes though they do cut some of my favorite things or things I think are important out of the anime and that bugs me, heck sometimes they completely change it and I really hate it when an anime of a manga I love isn't that great...but I'll probably end up watching it anyway.

+Quote Post
Tsutomu Saishuu
post Dec 17 2004, 10:40 PM
Post #20

Citizen

Member No.: 3,761

Well, in my opinion, I like it when they are close together for some reason.
I really don't mine going through it twice also. o.o

--------------------

皆のためのスカートを放しなさい。user posted image

+Quote Post
Kitoky
post Dec 18 2004, 09:24 AM
Post #21

Alchemists

Member No.: 3,476

I think it's better if they're different.

If you read the manga and you know what happens and if the anime is going to be exactly like the manga why bother watching it?
And same vise versa.

--------------------
[center]user posted image[/center]

+Quote Post
Queen of the dam...
post Dec 18 2004, 09:05 PM
Post #22

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 511

Hmmm.... yes, like I've read up to book 14 of Bleach and the anime seems to be going in the same direction.... Is it like that with Naruto? I've only read the manga so I'm not sure if the anime is any different....

--------------------
We live and then we die. This in inevitable. What you do when you live is up to you.

+Quote Post
Sycia
post Dec 19 2004, 10:03 AM
Post #23

Emeritus: Japanese News Liaison

Member No.: 851

It's been said before already, but oh well.

What's the point of seeing the anime if everything's the same as the manga? I mean, you'd know NO suspense, you'd know NO surprise, you'd know NOTHING that hasn't been told by the manga. In fact you'd know NO complusion to keep watching. The reason why people want to see the next episode of a series / anime episode is because they want to know what happens next. Same goes for comic books (you notice each manga volume almost always ends with a cliffhanger to keep you buying the stuff). It's that anticipation that creates the hype. I wouldn't be surprised if a good lot of viewers would just get dead bored of just seeing what's been drawn out in the manga simply moving and talking on screen.

Manga can be looked back, read and referred to again or STARED at for a long time if you miss out any small, important details. Anime, on the other hand, is a medium that just flows. Unless viewers tape the whole thing down and watch it over again, the producers HAVE to change things, and make the story easier to understand at a glance, or just lose the audience.

Furthermore, the way manga is done; frames, cuts and angles, CANNOT be directly brought over to the TV medium without editing a lot of things. Remember, it's a different medium altogether, plus each anime episode is only about 22 minutes long.

Anime and manga, even though of the same story, should be seen as different things altogether.

--------------------
<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>いずみ 「生きていれば、いつか命は尽きて、肉体は土に還り、
その上で草花を咲かせる。魂は想いと言う糧となり、人々の
心に生き続ける。世のあらゆる物は流れ、循環している。」
</span>

- Emeritus: Japanese News Liaison -

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Dec 19 2004, 10:25 AM
Post #24

Brigadier General

Member No.: 1,360

Well.... actually I like the anime and manga to be the same. I don't mind minor changes because they liven up the story and show aspects that haven't been shown before. Filler episodes give a chance to experience new things with the favourite characters. I don't mind either if the story is a little diffrent. With FMA it proved to be great! I absolutely loved it! With Rurouni Kenshin however... I don't know the original one, but I didn't really fancy the anime version.

I actually don't mind knowing what happens next. While I was watching One Piece (having read the manga) I actually was in suspense "now.... this will happen, or?" kind. Even now when I'm ahead of my manga reading tongue.gif I still don't mind going back to the same events. I actually love reading them! If a series is great I don't think it matters if the anime and manga are the same. Sometimes I don't have the possibility to watch and read both anime and manga. So I'm happy to know at least one of them. If they're different I'm feel like I'm missing something if I see just one of the versions. I also can't own both (usually it's the manga biggrin.gif ) especially if they're long... I'm just not that rich sad.gif (I don't get to see anime on TV).

--------------------
The Delirious Dreamy Airhead
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
An Open-Minded Perv & Member of G.O.O.P
user posted image
Here's the thread for you s-ai/yaoi fans:Shounen-ai Fans Unite!

+Quote Post
sevter
post Dec 25 2004, 07:43 PM
Post #25

Apprentice

Member No.: 1,174

In some cases, I think the Anime is actually better than the manga. Example? Rurouni Kenshin. The manga was rather wordy and I don't really liked the art much. The anime, on the other hand, progresses faster and was less wordy and the art was better too.

I was actually miffed if the Anime didn't follow the manga but after reading, I realized that yes, it would be really boring if the Anime follows the manga too much. However, different storyline in Manga and Anime would really confuse some people, especially newbies, on which storyline to follow. I usually refer to the manga for Canon but I know there's some people who follow both and sometimes, the Anime and Manga is contradictory.

QUOTE(Kihaku)
Sometimes I don't have the possibility to watch and read both anime and manga. So I'm happy to know at least one of them. If they're different I'm feel like I'm missing something if I see just one of the versions. I also can't own both (usually it's the manga  ) especially if they're long... I'm just not that rich  (I don't get to see anime on TV).

Exactly.

--------------------
"We're from the same mold and that is a sexy, sexy mold" ~ Roy speaking to Masuta in The Alter Series

+Quote Post
MasterKris
post Mar 22 2005, 11:24 AM
Post #26

Brigadier General

Member No.: 8,833

I bet there isn't any anime or manga that isn't exactly the same. I personally think both are nice depended on the manga or the anime. Anime and mangas I think should be different because it is fun to watch different versions of animes and mangas we all like.

--------------------
HYO!!
Known as the Sadistic Feedbacker. The Wise Spanish Apprentice of *~vachi~*
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/Mas...-sensei-sig.png
Siggy & avvy made by me.

Visit My Manhwa/Manga Raws Thread!!

+Quote Post
edsgirl
post Mar 22 2005, 12:19 PM
Post #27

Brigadier General

Member No.: 2,682

I agree with everyone! I actually prefer anime to manga, but there are some exceptions. The only thing I don't like about anime's, arethe endings. Some of them ar just awful. For example, I just finished watching Samurai Deeper Kyo, and the ending was probably the worst I've in a long time. Now I'm starting to read the manga, and it's pretty different from the anime, but I still like it the same. Like Ryan 227 said, if you don't like how the anime ended, it might end better with the manga. I hope so, because SDK was too good of a story to end like that!

--------------------

I put the 'ow' in 'yowee'. >:3 by Bacon Bits :P

+Quote Post
Gate Alchemist
post May 10 2005, 04:56 PM
Post #28

Citizen

Member No.: 11,408

Hmmm, I personally like manga better, just because it is straight from the author, not mixed up or watered down to make it more "audience friendly" and mass-market. I wish mangas would stay more true to the manga, but I can see why that could be hard. Still, anime just doesn't measure up to the beauty of manga.

--------------------
"Oh, no. It's raining."
"It isn't raini-"
"No, it's raining."

+Quote Post
alchemistgirl ze...
post May 10 2005, 05:30 PM
Post #29

Apprentice

Member No.: 4,974

I don't think the anime and the manga should be exactly alike. Like, it shouldn't matter if there are some differences.

It kind of should matter if there are few big differences, which are often caused by: stupid dubbers!

For example: about 1997, I got into Sailor Moon and I was about 10 or so. I bought the manga and it turned out that the oh-so-very-smart people who dubbed it decided to turn the anime kiddy but keep the manga for teenagers! O_O;; It took me a while to figure out about the whole shoujo-ai, incest, suicide, and cross dressing thing.

True story.

--------------------

:3 Read my fancomic on Gaia Online.
Please?
Pretty please?
I'll give you a cookie... =)

+Quote Post
Electrastar
post May 11 2005, 07:54 AM
Post #30

Alchemists

Member No.: 9,372

Well, anime is an adaptation of the manga sort of speak, so it's only normal when it takes a different turn. But I must admit that I like it when the storyline stays the same with a couple of different twists and turns....That's why I think that the FMA anime should have stuck to the manga on a closer level because I just think that the storyline is much better in the manga than in the anime....I like to see some scenes I enjoyed in the original manga of a series being animated with the actors and backround music, it gives it a whole new perspective and when some crucial scenes are cut, I'm kinda dissapointed.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th June 2016 - 10:05 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css