Reply to this topicStart new topic
Anime Should Be Exactly Like Manga, Write your thoughts
darkangelslayer
post Nov 30 2004, 03:18 PM
Post #1

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,011

im really gettin madder(is tha a word) that parctically all animes dont follow the manga.ive noticed in fma and was wonderin y do they hve 2 change it?!

--------------------
IPB Image
I'm aka Anshi as dubbed by Celes *that can be used by anyone and everyone*
Celes x Anshi supporter XDD
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
darkangelslayer
post Nov 30 2004, 03:44 PM
Post #2

im double postin so pple would look at this post....plz write ur thoughts.............ANYTHING

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ninie
post Nov 30 2004, 03:45 PM
Post #3

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 434

It's because the anime is faster than the manga. After the anime and manga have reached the same point, the anime has to make up something, because they can't wait for the manga.

--------------------
user posted image
Made by the amazing Haroken! ^_^ Thank you!

+Quote Post
darkangelslayer
post Nov 30 2004, 03:47 PM
Post #4

thats retarded, they should fit like 2 or 3 manga volumes in 1 episode...if it ends early then it ends early i wont mind

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ninie
post Nov 30 2004, 04:18 PM
Post #5

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 434

QUOTE(darkangelslayer @ Nov 30 2004, 05:47 PM)
thats retarded, they should fit like 2 or 3 manga volumes in 1 episode...if it ends early then it ends early i wont mind

I don't understand what you are talking about... They can't fit 2-3 volumes in one episode, it would be way too rushed. And some people don't read the manga, the anime has to have an ending. If it just ended with no real ending, that would be very retarded, like you said. And most of the time, animes have a precise number of episode (like for FMA it was 51), and they have to make material for it if they don't have enough in the manga.

--------------------
user posted image
Made by the amazing Haroken! ^_^ Thank you!

+Quote Post
DarkWater Alchem...
post Nov 30 2004, 04:31 PM
Post #6

Alchemists

Member No.: 1,273

I think the anime follows the manga quite well. It's almost impossible to follow it exactly, anime is moving, things go by faster than in manga, so some characters are cut out, events brought together, but all in all, I really think FMA is one of the best adapted animes I've ever seen.

Comparing FMA to, for example, YuGiOh, which has been changed an censored like hell, what made characters lose depth.

Not even talking about live action movies, like Harry Potter. The less time you've got, the more you can't show/explain properly, so it ends up cut out.

--------------------
~Guardian Angel of the Shonen-ai Royal Family~
Blessed with Sin: member of G.O.O.P. *hyper about bishies*
deviantart gallery - Divine Crisis

+Quote Post
Quistis88
post Nov 30 2004, 05:34 PM
Post #7

Executive Officer (Spam Assassin)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 16

I quite like this difference in anime and manga titles. It's like watching the same world develop in different dimensions.

--------------------
SINCERELY,
Quistis
(Forum Spam Assassin, Vice-Mother, and Queen of the Grammar Police)

This sentence says something else when you're not looking.

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post Nov 30 2004, 05:49 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 2,565

i both like and dislike the way anime and manga are different... i like it for the way quistis mentioned...it is like getting to hear two versions of the same story... and i do understand that once the anime catches up to the manga...well, they have to do something... but, at the same time, it seems kind of dumb to me to start animating a series in which the story has only been halfway completed, and just sort of pull out of a hat the parts that need to be filled.

like, for example... most of takahashi rumiko's works (maison ikkoku and inuyasha in particular) stuck very closely to the manga throughout most of the anime... some things were done out of order, and there were a handful of filler episodes that they threw in to make up some time (and i was pissed off that they ended the anime so abruptly when the manga was actually coming around the home bend.)... but, for the most part, manga and anime were almost identical, and it was really neat to see the still images from the manga panels in motion. and seeing the original episodes they made up for filler time was also entertaining for the most part.

there are some times, however, when the anime is so loosely based on manga that it can barely be called the same story...and that is what irritates me. kamikaze kaitou jeanne, for example...followed the same basic storyline here and there, but 70% of the anime was filler that was not in the manga at all, and the ending was completely different. same with magic knight rayearth and chobits. same basic idea, but a completely different way to get to an almost completely different ending than the authors originally intended. samurai deeper kyo, too... those are the times when it bothers me.

FMA has run relatively parallel to the manga...but there are still many things i fear we will never get to see in motion, being that the story still has another three years ahead of it, and i think that is a shame. the animation is so beautiful...i would really like to see some OVA's or something released with animation of the manga chapters that were skipped over...

--------------------
IPB Image

I am the Cold Blooded Alchemist. Ph34r Me.
Read My Fics! :D

Auld Lang Syne...Shinkume...Tsuzureori...Tin Soldiers...Pegasus...The Space Between

+Quote Post
Izumimon
post Nov 30 2004, 07:25 PM
Post #9

Apprentice

Member No.: 2,698

I actually love these kinds of deviations. Example: Episode 51 of Hagaren hasn't happened in the manga. And hopefully it won't. XD Whereas the, uh....Lieutenant Ross storyline...thing...never happened in the anime. And so on. Each has its quirks.

I'd get bored if everything was exactly the same. What's the point, other than one of them having voices?

--------------------
user posted image to faraway times...

user posted image

+Quote Post
xrninja
post Dec 1 2004, 01:17 AM
Post #10

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 501

i agree. part of what's so interesting about the FMA series is that the manga and anime deviate so much. they generally stick to the same facts, but everything inbetween isn't necessarily the same. a lot of scenes that couldn't fit in the anime are in the manga, too. the manga's got its own good points, and so does the anime. the manga was also there for us when the series ended, and will let us see how FMA will finish in a sort of alternate ending. there are a lot of characters, countries, etc that are in the manga that couldn't fit in the anime. i think that if they tried to stick ling & co in the anime, it would have dragged out for too long anyway. the thing with anime and manga series being so much alike are that when one is ahead of the other, you get impatient for the other one. like for naruto, i've read up to chapter 240, but the anime's only at 140 or so, and i'm losing interest and getting impatient with a great anime.....same thing with bleach and yakitate!! japan, seeing as i already know how future arcs will work out. for fma, we had no idea what was going to happen next because the manga was different, and in that sense FMA as a series was really satisfying.

--------------------
- ON HIATUS UNTIL COLLEGE STOPS KICKING MY ASS -
ninja + quis = <3

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post Dec 1 2004, 01:34 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 2,565

*gags* i found the ending of the anime EXTREMELY unsatisfying. if the manga ends that way too, i may have to invade a small country and conquer it with my army of hamsters.

--------------------
IPB Image

I am the Cold Blooded Alchemist. Ph34r Me.
Read My Fics! :D

Auld Lang Syne...Shinkume...Tsuzureori...Tin Soldiers...Pegasus...The Space Between

+Quote Post
xrninja
post Dec 1 2004, 01:37 AM
Post #12

Moderator Emeritus

agreed, but they had to leave plotholes open for the movie to fill in sleep.gif

--------------------
ninja + quis = <3

+Quote Post
Xio Xian
post Dec 1 2004, 05:01 AM
Post #13

Citizen

Member No.: 2,808

i think that they should just increase the lengths of the episodes. instead of a half hour why not an hour or something

--------------------
What not to do with magic:
user posted image

+Quote Post
xrninja
post Dec 1 2004, 08:06 PM
Post #14

Moderator Emeritus

because then it would take even longer to produce each episode. in my opinion, at 51 episodes hagaren is an appropriate length. it never really got old, like i predict naruto will be in the future.

--------------------
ninja + quis = <3

+Quote Post
RoyxRiza BigFan
post Dec 3 2004, 01:26 PM
Post #15

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 12

u need an anime to merchandise to the kiddies who love fast furious, eye candy action scenes..cause manga is more for the storytelling goodies >W<

--------------------
God is Good and this is why *U*

user posted image

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th August 2016 - 01:35 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css