HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Queen, One of the greatest bands in history!
Slashrose1010
post Oct 3 2007, 11:58 AM
Post #61

Master Alchemist

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,609

People like that are what's wrong with liking Queen. They only know that handful of songs, none of which are particularly amazing or even close to their best. Listen to the entire Album A Night at the Opera or Queen II. They have so many lesser known gems, it's ashame.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Oct 3 2007, 12:15 PM
Post #62

Lt. General

Member No.: 37,703

Can't believe I never posted here. Queen's pretty much my favorite band. I own the platinum collection, but I want to find their older CDs. Sadly, it's becoming harder to do as the years go on.

My all time favorite is "Good Old Fashion Lover Boy". I have no idea why but I never get tired of it. I once wanted to see if it was even possible for me to get tired of it, so I listened to it non stop for an entire day. The next day I wanted to do it again. blink.gif

A few favorites I have been unsuccessful in obtaining on CD are "The White Queen (As it began)" and "March of the Black Queen". No matter how hard I look, the places I go to never have the albums with them. I can't even find MP3s of them, I can only hear them on radioblog, which is sad. dry.gif

I've also grown fond of "Las Palabras de Amor"

--------------------
My icon comm

"I can't stand RoyxHughes (he's married and has a daughter!)"
Popo: "Brace for Fushi! *cowers*"

Huge Maes Hughes fan. In fact I'm even the Maes Hughes of livejournal. Really. Look for me under "M"

+Quote Post
Zalamist
post Oct 17 2007, 06:40 PM
Post #63

Citizen

Member No.: 50,880

I wasn't much of a fan of Queen until I watched this clip from Youtube. Now I'm a believer...

Queen on YouTube

--------------------

+Quote Post
GREEDisGOOD
post Jan 25 2008, 11:39 PM
Post #64

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,729

QUOTE(Zalamist @ Oct 17 2007, 07:40 PM) *
I wasn't much of a fan of Queen until I watched this clip from Youtube. Now I'm a believer...

Queen on YouTube

Welcome to the Fold.

+Quote Post
Envy II
post Feb 11 2008, 09:25 PM
Post #65

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,400

The only songs I've heard by them are Bohemian Rhapsody and We Are The Champions. I like both of them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
foolmetal alchem...
post Feb 14 2008, 03:05 PM
Post #66

Major General

Member No.: 12,269

QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Oct 3 2007, 02:58 PM) *
People like that are what's wrong with liking Queen. They only know that handful of songs, none of which are particularly amazing or even close to their best. Listen to the entire Album A Night at the Opera or Queen II. They have so many lesser known gems, it's ashame.

Oh, don't be like that. rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Jul 19 2005, 05:25 PM) *
@Empty: laugh.gif I only have the platinum collection but I plan to buy their CDs in the near future... right after I get some Coldplay @__@;; I really don't like stealing from Queen but I guess I will just sample some curious songs to see which CD I should get first... no wait... my crappy Best Buy only sells their greatest hits etc sad.gif Aww, then I shall be forced to steal.

Hehe, btw, does anyone have any other recommendations that aren't on the platinum collection? blink.gif

Remember this post ^? There will always be boring people who aren't really "true" fans of bands and only know their radio hits. It doesn't really mean anything though, that same kind of person could get more interested, come back in a year or so, and complain about how others don't know anything about bands. I miss the old Slash, with his budding tastes in music and his more humble posts. tongue.gif

Yes, I realize that I'm responding to posts that are a bit. That's what happens when you visit a forum whose members you knew all disappeared or were replaced and you hope you can squeeze enough life back in to get some of them back.

--------------------

Currently EKE's GP Deshi-in Training!
*Has been nicknamed "Dai-chan" by Celes.*
Aily: He's so adorable. :3

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Feb 14 2008, 04:40 PM
Post #67

Lt. General

The platninum collection has a huge chunk of songs tho, (3 discs worth) most of which a lot people nowadays don't know. :/ I don't care for people who only know "Bohemian Rhapsody", "We Are the Champions" and "We Will Rock You". Honestly, We are the Champions and We Will Rock You are overhyped and not too great I find (Bohemian Rhapsody on the other hand deserves its praise. It's a classic) and there are so much better. The Platinum Collection can open one's eyes to many of these better songs. They're not the rare gems, but they're certainly not as well known nowadays as the other three. (with exception perhaps to Somebody to Love, Another One Bites the Dust and maybe even Bicycle Race)

I want these people who like only the 3 well known songs to buy one of their CDs. At least one. Then they can come back and talk about Queen. That'll be enough for me. sad.gif

--------------------
My icon comm

Huge Maes Hughes fan. In fact I'm even the Maes Hughes of livejournal. Really. Look for me under "M"

+Quote Post
foolmetal alchem...
post Feb 14 2008, 06:25 PM
Post #68

Major General

I'd say over half of the songs on the Platinum Hits collection of Queen are frequently played on the radio, or at least recognizable maybe not by name, but by hearing them. I can bet any of these schlubs who claim to love Queen have at least heard the majority of Queen's greatest hits. That's why I wouldn't consider anything on the Platinum albums to be a "hidden gem". The true hidden gems of Queen are songs like "The Prophet Song", "Lazing On A Sunday Afternoon", or "Tie Your Mother Down" (although that's a bit more known).

I'm not at all trying to take away from Queen's hits, though. Bohemian Rhapsody and such can't be looked down on just because too many people like them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Feb 14 2008, 08:37 PM
Post #69

Lt. General

QUOTE(foolmetal alchemist @ Feb 14 2008, 06:25 PM) *
I'd say over half of the songs on the Platinum Hits collection of Queen are frequently played on the radio, or at least recognizable maybe not by name, but by hearing them.

I'd like to know what radio you're listening to because all I ever hear nowadays is the three songs and perhaps a few others I already mentioned and it makes me sad panda. sad.gif That may be true for some of the older generation but for kids my age and younger? If I bring up Radio Ga Ga, I'm Going Slightly Mad, Under Pressure and play the songs for them they look at me blankly. Don't even attempt to bring up my personal favorite Good Old Fashion Lover Boy. All of these are songs of their's that were very popular too.

I'm not talking about hidden gems here, I never mentioned that once in my previous post. I'm just adding my own thoughts here. I'm disappointed that people don't even know their other hits, only Bohemian Rhapsody, We are the Champions and We Will Rock You (the former two I seriously don't care for :/ Not because they're popular I just...don't care for them) and I wish younger people would just pick up one of their CDs, ANY one, than just saying "oh yeah Queen is awesome but I only know 3 songs : D" If you think they're awesome go pick up a CD. sad.gif

--------------------
My icon comm

+Quote Post
foolmetal alchem...
post Feb 16 2008, 10:37 AM
Post #70

Major General

You don't have any radio stations dedicated to classic rock? Sad Panda? Kids your age? I'm only sixteen myself, so it's not like I'm some person who grew up when Queen was still making hits. I can understand a song like "I'm Going Slightly Mad" to go unrecognized, but to tell me "Under Pressure" wouldn't get a response is a joke. Under Pressure is the type of song that gets the same kind of playing time as "We Are The Champions" and "Bohemian Rhapsody".

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slashrose1010
post Mar 5 2008, 07:24 PM
Post #71

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 3,609

My music taste is still budding I am afeared. My friend introduced me to some gypsy punk band called Gogol Bordello. I actually like them and apparently there are other "gypsy" bands out there, lol.

I agree, Under Pressure is played a fair amount on the radio. The platinum hits collection is a very good introduction to Queen, but I still strongly suggest that if you like that compilation that you go deeper into their disco. They have many many good songs that are not singles. Most of their more diverse songs aren't singles, which is ashame.

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2016 - 10:09 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css