Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

The Invisible Hand
The Mad Bomber
post Sep 12 2011, 11:47 AM
Post #1

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,405

Another one of my creations, hopefully this one won`t end up as a bad. It`s steampunk with airships and what not, the world is a fictional one with one huge land mass flanked by two other continents. You can make up places yourselves, if you want your characters to come from a certain type of places. Magic can also exist, if you want it to, it really makes no huge impact on the overall setting. I will be using some names etc influenced by european history, culture in describing the Imperium. Your characters can come from all walks of life as long as they have talents making them useful to the efforts of the group, they are apart of. The empire is inspired by the German/Russian empires.

Plot:

On the continent of Eurepa, the main continent, The Rechsal Empire is the most dominant nation to have emerged after almost a hundred years of bloodshed. It`s armies, technology far superior to those of it`s enemies and the empire holds the rest of the remaining nations in a noose on the continent. Most notable of these Venek, Frank and Polsik Kingdoms, who share a third of the continent amongst themselves. Yet even now the empire is engaged in a bloody war with the Franks, which has ground to a halt with no clear winner. Political tensions are rising as The Prime Chancellor of the empire calls for a truce, but the emperor refuses these suggestions. Foreign nations look on worried at the situation yet also find it an opportunity because of the sudden falt of the imperial advance, even the nations on the other continents, Aesika, Kolombia and even the relatively small island nation of Britannica have theirs set on the events at the main continent. With the war going poorly the executive commanders of the armed forces have opted to engage their enemies in a different kind of war, one of agents and assasinations.

By secret imperial degree Colonel Anton Scheller was appointed in charge of these operations, forming the imperium`s first assasination squad known as `Invisible Hand`. Scheller scoured across the imperium to assemble the most talented agents available, tough some are considered utterly ruthless, of questionable loyalties and beyond redemption by the courts. Scheller, taking command of the Regina Caelorum(Queen Of Heaven) a warship disguised as a large merchant vessel gather his band of miscreants to engage the enemies of the empire in what would be an underhanded war.

Rules:

1. NO ONE-LINERS (no one liners!!! NEVER!!!)
2. Blood, death, violence and swearing allowed, but let`s keep it within reasonable limits as always.
3. Romance is fine, just nothing too sexual.
4. Be serious, people; tough a comedic relief once in a while is appriciated...
5. No god-moding.
6. No controlling other RPers characters.
7. No killing another character without permission from that character's respectful RPer.
8. To improve the depth of the characters, make sure to think of a backstory that fits the setting, how the chaos and death has shook your characters life etc. Would be great if someone even made suggestions to me about my character having met your character in the past or somehow having been involved in their life.
9. Have fun!

Regina Caelorum

Characters:

1. The main idea is that our characters are a part of the Invisible Hand, a team of gifted people (a very relative term) fighting an underhanded war, but if you want to have a character outside the team etc then contact me and we`ll discuss it.
2. Your character can be anything well within the realm of steampunk... Or well... as long as they prove useful to the team in some manner, they don`t even have to be a combat expert nor have any knowledge in that area.
3. Everyone has a past, you can either reveal some of it straight off the bat or bring it along as the rp progresses, but some basic facts are always nice.

Characters:

Name: Abel Cromwell
Former Profession: Smuggler
Appearance:

Abilities/Powers:Moderately skilled swordsman, extensive knowledge of the criminal underworld and contacts scattered across the land.
Weapons: Pistol sword(flintlock) as his primary armament, a stiletto as his sidearm and a small collection of smoke bombs and other tools, that help him in distracting or slowing his opponents.

Personality: Blunt, selfish, exploitative and dishonest to boot.
Strengths: Is able to take on problems on as they come(tough he tends to get frustrated or even scared), logical-thinker and suprisingly care-free.
Weaknesses: Cowardly, impatient, untrustworthy.

History:

Abel Cromwell surfaced to the awareness of the imperial authorities, in the northern city of Holm, for having commited a theft and was eventually sentenced for a few months as there was very little proof to support, that he had actually stolen anything. Having served his months Cromwell disappeared from Holm only to appear three monts later aboard a merchant vessel at the other corner of the empire, serving as a crewmember of The Daring, whose reputation was stained as Cromwell`s. From that day forth Cromwell sat under the learning tree of his fellow smugglers aboard The Daring as they made runs all over the empire, even few across the ocean to the other continents. Managing to avoid imperial authorities for a number of years, The Daring was finally caught up by the imperial navy whilst carrying contraband from across the sea.

The smugglers made a run for it, but were mercilessly pounded by the imperial navy and sent crashing into the countryside. The survivors were rounded up and sent to be executed at the nearest town, Cromwell however was separated from the others just before the appointed hour and brought before Anton Scheller. It appeared, that Cromwell`s luck had not run out after all as Scheller was in fact looking someone with knowledge of covertly making runs in unfriendly territory without being targeted. Cromwell was immidiately puzzled by the fact as to why he was chosen, but chose to accept the deal without another word, choosing not to end up at the end of a noose.

--------------------

I am love, I am hate, I'm an atheist with faith, Vent my anger with a smile
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Sep 25 2011, 03:13 PM
Post #2

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,159

But instead of looking insulted, Marcus actually looked quite pleased with the comment "Not gonna disagree on that...I might not be able to pass as a "young indealistic rebel" but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to play ANY other part better than the two of you..." He said as he shrugghed "No offense of course...I'm just stating what I see" He mumbled as his eyes scanned his companion's appearences. "I might have been rotting in jail for some time but that dosent change the fact that I am a nobleman, and my family's influence still remains strong" He stated dryly.
"That could work...ONLY if people still havent heard of your little fraud..." Charlotte mumbled bluntly. "That's not important...I can come up with something easily" He grumbled as he send an icy glare to the red head.

--------------------

(\_/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
(O.o) signature to help him on his way to
(><) world domination.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- The Mad Bomber   The Invisible Hand   Sep 12 2011, 11:47 AM
- - MaiShadowAlchemist   Sorry for the delay, I'll post my profile as s...   Sep 14 2011, 09:58 AM
- - MaiShadowAlchemist   (I'm sorry!! I know they're sucky ...   Sep 16 2011, 10:00 AM
- - The Mad Bomber   (This is a bit of a prequel, from my characters vi...   Sep 16 2011, 01:44 PM
- - Razzy   ((Sorry it took a while to post. I've been pre...   Sep 18 2011, 06:29 PM
- - The Mad Bomber   (We are kicking off, those that still are going to...   Sep 22 2011, 06:20 AM
- - MaiShadowAlchemist   "Rotten luck? Aint that an interesting thing ...   Sep 22 2011, 05:54 PM
- - The Mad Bomber   Abel didn`t bother reading any deeper into her...   Sep 23 2011, 02:34 AM
- - MaiShadowAlchemist   "Charlotte" She mumbled, almost as if he...   Sep 23 2011, 09:36 AM
- - The Mad Bomber   "A charlatan?" Abel spoke, as soon as h...   Sep 23 2011, 10:13 AM
- - MaiShadowAlchemist   The awkward silence that followed his comment was ...   Sep 23 2011, 08:09 PM
- - The Mad Bomber   "Well getting a sense of humour would be firs...   Sep 23 2011, 11:44 PM
- - MaiShadowAlchemist   "I've no sense of humor that I'm awar...   Sep 25 2011, 11:49 AM
- - The Mad Bomber   "The rebels or the local garrison, not that e...   Sep 25 2011, 12:34 PM
- - The Mad Bomber   Abel was able to take little comfort in the fact, ...   Sep 27 2011, 06:02 AM
- - MaiShadowAlchemist   "A nudge? We could drop a pin and these peopl...   Oct 6 2011, 07:45 PM
- - The Mad Bomber   The proverbial pin drop manifested itself in the f...   Oct 7 2011, 02:29 AM
- - MaiShadowAlchemist   Suddenly there was a loud crash, and wood splinter...   Oct 7 2011, 07:38 AM
- - The Mad Bomber   Before the gunshots were fired, Abel was pre-occup...   Oct 7 2011, 08:57 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2016 - 08:11 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css