HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Project Don't Forget: Our Fullmetal Stories, Want to be part of the project, but not the video?
Dearheart
post Sep 1 2011, 09:06 PM
Post #1

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 64,903

What's Project Don't Forget? Check out this thread to find out and join in the fun!

A well-told and well-loved story can be one of the most powerful things in the world, and Fullmetal Alchemist is no exception. This is a chance for you to tell the world YOUR Fullmetal story - why you love FMA, what it means to you and how it’s impacted your life. Every fan has a story, and the goal of Project Don’t Forget is to bring those stories together.

If you've looked at what the project is and don't feel comfortable being in the video, but would still like to be part of the fun, this thread is for you! You can share your FMA testimonials right here, for the rest of us to read and enjoy. smile.gif No videos, no pressure, no worries. Simply answer each question below and post your Fullmetal Story!

~ -:- ~
1. When and how did you discover Fullmetal Alchemist? How did you first react to it?

2. What made you fall in love with it? What pulled you into the story?

3. At its heart, what do you think FMA is really about? What were some themes you saw in it?

4. Did FMA teach you anything? Were there any morals or philosophies in it that really stuck with you or impacted your life?

5. What makes FMA so awesome and unforgettable? In your whole experience of being an FMA fan, what will you never forget?

Feel free to include personal experiences and ways you related to FMA, if you feel comfortable with that! Can't wait to see what all of you will share! biggrin.gif

--------------------

Dear pain, it's been a long time.
Remember when you were holding me tight?
I would stay awake with you all night...

Ed art by NellaTheFairy on deviantART.
EdWin lovers, click here!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Blue Sky
post Sep 27 2011, 07:17 PM
Post #2

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 75,068

I just wanted to say thank you, Dearheart for organizing this event. This is a great way for all of us to share what we love about FMA. smile.gif

I had heard that the deadline was extended to the 29th - did that include this part of the event too? If so, here is my entry. I'm sorry it is so late. X(

1. When and how did you discover Fullmetal Alchemist? How did you first react to it?

I first discovered Fullmetal Alchemist when the first anime adaptation was airing on the anime block that used to be here in Canada a few years ago. During this time I would be channel surfing on Friday nights and had started watching some of what was on at the time out of boredom, FMA included.

I hadnít seen much, as I was just starting to get into anime, but what little I saw I thought was interesting. One of the first episodes that I saw I remembered being emotionally stirring for me, which impresses me now that I look back on it since I had never seen or heard of the series previously - and I think I had only caught the last ten minutes! I almost wasnít sure if I wanted to see more, it seemed like it wouldíve been too emotional for me - but I remember being intrigued by how unique and interesting the story and characters were; so I continued to watch it occasionally. These thoughts flowed back to me throughout all the adaptations I came across, from the first anime series, to the manga and to Brotherhood.

2. What made you fall in love with it? What pulled you into the story?

I was impressed by how imaginative, unique and well thought out the story, world and characters were. I also liked how it didn't try hard to be like other anime and manga series that I had seen up to that point (that involve standard anime tropes), but it still reflects itís anime roots in subtle and not so subtle ways. That it is so wonderfully different from other series out there - not just anime/manga. I was amazed when I found out that one person had created such a memorable series and it makes one realize that the greatest stories can come from a single mind.

3. At its heart, what do you think FMA is really about? What were some themes you saw in it?

It is so hard to describe what FMA really is - it is just so much more than what I can form into words. To summarize, I guess Iíd have to say that itís a story about learning from your mistakes, overcoming obstacles, family, love, and life.

4. Did FMA teach you anything? Were there any morals or philosophies in it that really stuck with you or impacted your life?

I guess you could say that it reaffirmed important morals that people may need to be reminded of every once in a while - such as doing what is right in your heart, to trust and have faith in those you care about, to live your lifeís full potential, facing your fears, learning from past mistakes and never giving up. Although theyíre pretty basic morals, theyíre still very important things to know in ones life.

5. What makes FMA so awesome and unforgettable? In your whole experience of being an FMA fan, what will you never forget?

I feel that what makes FMA so awesome and unforgettable is how well so many different elements were put together to form something so great. It has everything in a story that I love and it is so well balanced. I only wish I had known of FMA sooner and had been able to share all the experiences that my fellow fans did over the years as a new chapter or episode would be released. I wouldíve loved to have been a part of that and I feel that FMA deserves every bit of recognition and love it gets and so much more - for its story, its characters, but most of all - itís heart. And that is something Iíll never forget.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th August 2016 - 09:39 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css