Reply to this topicStart new topic
Fides Fragilis, The stuff of dreams...
The Mad Bomber
post Aug 9 2011, 11:39 PM
Post #16

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,405

Tyge was slightly taken back by the sudden aggression by the white haired one, who, as he had suspected, was the more brutish of the two. Tyge looked at the baku with disquiet, truth be told he was not certain how many Baku`s there were or how they were created. What had been true for him, might not be even close to what applied to his `bretheren` regarding their origin. On that very same note tough, the blue haired one seemed more akin to a human sized marionette, his face did not even twitch as he spoke. Tyge had to admit he was a bit envious at that moment, to be able to face everything with such calm and without so much as blinking an eye. Yet then again, that would not work too well in his favor as he attempted to upkeep his facade amongst human beings, would it? The irate reply from the white haired baku came as little surprise, at least that one was a bit more observant than he appeared. The strange dialect with, which he was unfamiliar with, did not go unnoticed and a frown formed on his face as he assumed bozu was not a compliment. It was quickly becoming clear to Tyge how this tandem functioned in battle as well as in the world of humans, no wonder they were rather suspicious. One didn`t even bat an eyelash as where the other had some anger management issues, Tyge had not missed the moment when the blue haired man had placed his hand on the white hair`s shoulder.

The sudden appearance of the new duo from the alleyway startled Tyge, he had not thought it possible that he would bump into this many Baku`s in one evening and in such a short span of time. He muttered something incoherent under his breath before chucking another sweet into his mouth, this evening was turning out to be quite the troublesome affair already. Trouble was actually what this meeting on the street dictated, if they chose to stand out in the open, chatting so casually. Tyge had not spent all this time alone without learning the knacks of surviving and avoiding unwarranted attention out on the streets. His face turned into a slight grimace as he realized this, thus prompting him to turn to the blue haired man. "You can call me Tycho" He offered with an urgent undertone in his voice as he glanced around. "We shouldn`t linger out in the open like this even if it is nighttime. It`s starting to look a bit too suspicious to anyone still moving around the streets, I have a place where we can go continue the introductions."

He spared an evaluating look at the new duo, who had come out of the alleyway. He could not make much out of them on the mere basis of their greeting, by physical appearances they were older than him and they had a certain ease about them, which meant they were confident in some regard. Must have been nice having a partner like the nitwit whitey, but he guessed Tuoni had that much more confidence in him for his abilities than the rest of them. The blonde girl appeared far more innocent than she should have been for a Baku, she wore a mild smile on her face as tough she was some kind of happy-go-lucky type, that life had not smacked over the head yet. Her partner tough seemed far more real in that regard, a bit snobbish regarding his greeting, but again if Tyge knew anything about not judging a book by it`s cover then no one did.

A new presence approached them, it slowly crept towards them and Tyge could have sworn he was going insane. He turned to stare at yet another Baku, who was carefully asserting himself towards them, not too keen on making his presence known. Tyge sighed heavily, hoping for the blue haired one to accept his offer so that they wouldn`t garner any more unwanted attention to themselves. This scene hardly reminded of a family reunion, everyone was keeping their distance and speaking with well selected words, not something any friends would do. So how do a bunch of strangers suddenly start chatting in the middle of the street for no apparent reason? That`s not a tough nut to crack, if your some kind of fanatical priest strolling the streets at this hour.

--------------------

I am love, I am hate, I'm an atheist with faith, Vent my anger with a smile
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Aug 10 2011, 07:59 PM
Post #17

Alchemists

Member No.: 47,159

"I guess so..." Micah mumbled as he shrughed carelessly at Archie's remark, almost as if unaware of Yukito's wary attitude "My name's Micah, this is Alice" He mumbled bluntly. Alice, on the other side, didnt seem to react much to the other bakus presence as the only thing that seemed to catch her attention -and amuse her- was the fact that the young boy was actually evaluating them.

At the arrival of the silent newcomer Micah looked at Tyge and then to Yukito and Archie "The idea of going somewhere else dosent sound so bad...it's bloody cold in here" He mumbled as he reached for a cigarette in his pocket and looked at the others, waiting for their answer.

The idea of meeting of other Bakus was pretty strange to Micah...he had rarely thought about it, and it was hard for him to decide how he felt about it...and if he even cared. He WAS sort of curious of what they were all thinking, and there were two questions he couldnt bring himself to ignore: How did they actually feel about the 4 deceased strangers they called "siblings"? Did they found the job as troublesome as he did?
In an almost unconscious movement, he turned toward Alice, but one again, her face showed no expression and he couldnt figure out what was going through her head.

Alice's thoughts were actually far away from the current situation, as by every second that passed, the girl was more convinced that all the chit chat was a serious waste of time. Even in her lazyness the girl knew they were supposed to be doing something...getting into a dream. And without any trace of that doubt, that bare idea was enough to actually make her forget about sleeping...

--------------------

(\_/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
(O.o) signature to help him on his way to
(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
Omamori
post Aug 13 2011, 01:16 AM
Post #18

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 52,106

ooc| I FINALLY POST YES
...This may happen a lot, so brace yourselves >>; And short post is short, my apologies.

BiC| Archie nodded to Micah and Alice, then glanced down at the youth, 'Tycho', he believed he was called, and blinked. He had the immediate impression that this 'child' was not as young as he looked, definitely not. "Lead the way, then. We don't need more trouble than we'll be getting tonight," he replied, motioning with his head for them to move. It was dangerous for them to be out in the open, regardless of the enemy: A demon could only manifest and attack them within dreams unless they possess a human; a human could see them out and about, and most likely make a not-so-difficult connection, which would definitely lead them to a burning grave.

For a moment, the blue-haired man shuddered. It hadn't been from the cold but from an unpleasant memory of having been the victim of such a 'punishment'. It was no surprise that he'd survived, however, considering what he was. Instinctively, he reached into his pocket and pulled out what looked like a silver pocket watch. He cradled it in his palm almost lovingly, as though it were a locket containing something very precious. Of course it was precious, the pocket watch; it was his true body. If it were damaged or destroyed, he, too, would suffer the same fate.

Yukito was quick to pull the watch from Archie's hand. He shoved it into the pocket of his slacks. "In case anything happens," he explained gruffly. It probably would've been a strange gesture, a mean one, actually, to anyone else. But it was merely the action of an older brother looking out for the younger. In this case, however, the roles were reversed. Archie didn't object. He sighed and folded his arms. "Fine." His eyes darted around until they landed on the third newcomer, the quiet one that looked as though he were hiding. Were it not a Baku, he would've felt alarmed (and Yukito would have most likely sprung into action, the idiot), as it was suspicious enough that, being around a group of generally 'strange' people, he was hiding. "Come along," he motioned with his finger to the newcomer for him to follow.

--------------------

-------------------
||
DeviantArt||
-------------------
Set by Omamori

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Aug 13 2011, 09:15 AM
Post #19

Alchemists

Member No.: 45,405

Tyge seemed visibly relieved, that no one objected his suggestion. He had long ago realized, that he, who had no physical strength nor real means of retaliation in this world would have to make due depending on his wits. From time to time, he changed cities and painted his anew facade, to serve his purposes and to hide himself from the eyes of the church. He was the dirty street orphan, who shined your shoes for a coin. He was the shopkeepers assistant, who toiled feverishly to the late hours. He was the pickpocket, who moved unseen amongst the masses and was gone with your wallet before you had a chance to realize what had just transpired. The facade was sometimes different, sometimes the same and every three years the boy merely vanished from one city to appear in another. He might be weak in this world, but still combated his enemies in a way befitting his weakness, by shielding behind others and hiding his true nature. "Good, let`s not mince anymore words than we need to. Come on, follow me."

Tyge took the lead and headed for the nearest alleyway, he lead them across the alleyway and crossed the next street before making a right turn, he also increased the number of alleyways and streets they crossed with each turn. He made the group repeated the pattern four times over before heading straightforward. From the beginning he had developed a paranoid bent, he did not trust anyone to watch his back nor did he trust that he was not being followed. He eyed the streets they had crossed as they made their way across, he did not trust these Baku enough to know how to efficiently avoid anyone following them. It was nothing personal, he merely did not know enough about them to trust in their abilities. The surroundings around them began to look bleaker with every street and they were slowly approaching the slums of the city yet just before the slums Tyge stopped. They had arrived behind a two-floored house with a garden and surrounded by a fence of plantation. Tyge slipped through a small opening in the plantation and motioned for the others to follow him as he did not want anyone seeing them coming through the front door. The location was somewhat remote and everyone in the neighbor hood knew better than to stick their noses in other people`s business, which usually ended in a violent clash or an incident in equal displeasure.

Tyge took out a chain of key`s out of his pocket and opened the door quietly. He allowed everyone else to enter before closing the door, they had arrived to a small corridor, which lead to the main hall of the house. Tyge guided his guests to the stairs, which lead to a door and beyond, that door laid a modest yet comfortable apartment. The furniture amounted to a few chairs, a small table, a bed and an armchair by the window. The boy threw his cap on the bed before slouching in the armchair with a non-challant expression on his face as he eyed his `bretheren`. "If you are wondering how I am able afford living here, I don`t. I live here because I am allowed to live here by the old lady downstairs, but that has nothing to do with money, she`s a pagan you see.... And I saved her from a demon so this is her way of repaying, that debt." Tyge explained with a quirky yet awkward smile on his face as he placed his hand on his chest. "As I mentioned before I am Tycho... and you were?" He inquired hoping to pick off where they had previously left off.

--------------------

I am love, I am hate, I'm an atheist with faith, Vent my anger with a smile

+Quote Post
Omamori
post Aug 18 2011, 03:50 PM
Post #20

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 52,106

ooc| Once again, another delay, and I deeply apologize for it.
I'll be posting sometime tonight or tomorrow, just letting y'all know this hasn't died xD;

--------------------

-------------------
||
DeviantArt||
-------------------
Set by Omamori

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2016 - 05:34 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css