Fides Fragilis, The stuff of dreams...
Omamori
post Aug 7 2011, 09:13 PM
Post #1

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 52,106

...and nightmares.
((If any of you are offended by Paganism or an idea similar to the Spice and Wolf series, turn away now.))

BACKSTORY:
In the country of Fides, Paganism, once the ruling belief system, has now become nothing more than a mockery, with Christianity on the rise, gaining more and more followers while crushing Pagan deities and materials. While there are few who still hold true to the old ways, they hold their tongues and bow their heads to remain undercover, away from the many eyes of the Church. Christians believe they possess the power of exorcism to remove demonic spirits from humans; Pagans disagree, knowing humans possess no such ability, regardless.
"That's blasphemy. Only the Dream-Eaters can do such a thing. And if they don't cease, we may very well be abandoned by them." ...So it's said by the remaining Pagans, anyway.
In this world, Dream-Eaters, Dream-Walkers...'Baku' (they have many names) are the 'exorcists' that dismiss evil from humans by consuming it within your subconscious. Demons can only attack humans through their dreams, and that is where the Baku come in, to weaken the demon, then to eat it, along with the poisoned dream, before the evil spirit can overpower and possess the human it came to ruin. Once a human is possessed, all that can be done is to wait for the body to die, and for the demon to leave it and jump to another dream, another body, for a Baku to do battle once again. At one time, humans did not require such assistance and were fully capable of taking on such monsters on their own, in their dreams. Lucid dreaming, it was called. However, over the years, the human soul has weakened, and their faith in the Gods and Goddesses of old has waned, along with their trust in the Baku who guard them. It has gone so far, that the Church has started burning Baku at the stake for all to see, claiming that 'they' are the 'true agents of the Devil!'. Despite all this, the Baku continue to do their work and watch over the human subconscious. After all, they existed for humans, right?

Now, the plot!
It would seem that, due to the weakening of human hearts and souls, demons are gaining the upper hand. One demon in particular, possessing eyes and skin as white as newly fallen snow, has made his rounds, possessing humans, causing them to kill each other, then leaving the body just before it dies, to jump to another, causing more mayhem. And, it would seem, this demon is strong enough to kill Baku, having slaughtered five of them within days of each other. The God of Dreams, a fairly weak deity who created and also controls the Baku, has gone into hiding due to this demon, and has assigned a few Baku to take care of it. They've been hesitant, however, considering five of their siblings lost their lives while pursuing such a beast. But orders are orders, right? Even if your life is on the line?

READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING, GODDAMMIT:
Pardon my French, but I'm very strict with these. If you wish to participate, OBEY THEM or you will be ignored, no matter what you post. You will not be acknowledged, you will just. Be. Ignored. Understood? Good.

1. No god-moding or rule bending. If you're playing a Baku, they are NOT immortal; they just have long lifespans. They CAN die. A demon can only die if it is still inside the dream when it is eaten by the Baku. Do not bend these rules, this is just how it works.

2. Nothing over PG-13, and I really do mean that. Profanity is fine, violence is fine...that's it.

3. Romance is alright, but nothing offensive or, as stated, above the PG-13 mark.

4. PUT SOME THOUGHT INTO YOUR POSTS. I can't stress this enough... I hate one-liners, I hate super-short posts that are only two-three sentences long, and I like knowing what your characters are thinking! Don't just describe your characters' gestures and expressions, actually write what they're thinking, give others something to work with when they reply back! I like to post in paragraphs, sometimes two or three, maybe more, so I'm super strict with this rule. If you disobey this one, I will probably skip ignoring you and just ask you to leave the role-play.

5. Proper grammar. I can understand some mistakes, and I make them all the time. But, please...don't make your reply a pain to read.

6. Don't kill off other users' characters without their permission.

7. Be nice to everyone.

8. Have fun! Mind you, this is a role-play meant to take place mostly within the realm of the subconscious, or in dreams, so it can get pretty crazy/totally insane. Remember, anything can happen in a dream!

Characters:

Name: Yukito Saitou
Alias: Yukito, but allows only those closest to him to use 'Yuki'.
Meaning: Depending on the characters used, 'Yukito' could mean 'traveler' or 'snow rabbit'; 'Saitou' is a Japanese term for purification, and it could also mean 'alike wisteria'.
Age: Unknown, appears to be somewhere in his late twenties.
Birth: December 21st

Personality: Rude, brazen, caring, hot-headed.
Strong points: Honest, emotional, strong, protective, determined.
Weak points: Cruel, emotional, combative, aggressive.
Class: Chaotic Neutral
Interests: Nightmare warping and consuming, swordsmanship, reading fantasy novels.
Weapons: Sleek chokutou.

Build: Thin, well-muscled.
Marks: Black, tiger stripes around limbs.
Type: Humanoid Baku
Origin: Japanese
Height: 6'0''
Skin: Lightly tanned.
Hair: White and thick, falls to waist, pulled back into ponytail.
Eyes: Completely black, red irises.
Outfit: Usually a black work shirt with a dark-grey vest and striped slacks of the same colors, along with a black-lined-maroon trench coat, black boots and fingerless black gloves.

Accent: Irritated, mellow, masculine.
Home: Fides
Family: Tuoni (creator), Archie Schatten (blood-brother through Tuoni)
Love: None
Theme song: Something - Escape the Fate
Other:
-In comparison to the other Baku, like his brother, he is described by Tuoni as being the most 'human', despite Yukito's dislike for the race.
-Although created to eliminate demons and protect mankind, he, for the most part, twists their nightmares until they go mad while also doing his job.
-He has no memory of his life before Tuoni created him. While he suspects that he was created from 'something', like his brother, he has yet to learn what, though this could be an act of denial.
-He and Archie are usually sent together when investigating a demon attack, as both work well together, Archie possessing the 'brains' while Yukito carries the 'brawn'.
-When battling demons, he uses a physical weapon, a sword, while other Baku use either the dream the demon is already residing in or their own weapons (ex. Archie uses a series of rifles and pistols that use dream energy as bullets).

--------

Name: Archibald Schatten
Alias: Archie
Meaning: Variation of 'Archibald', which comes from Old French and Old German, meaning 'bold' or 'genuine'; 'Schatten' is the German word for 'shadow', which refers to dopplegangers and, well, shadows.
Birth: October 31st

Personality: Childish, somber, apathetic, quiet.
Strong points: Warm, intelligent, curious, observant.
Weak points: Shrewd, distant, devious.
Class: Chaotic Neutral
Interests: Reading, nightmare consuming, sleeping, collecting random items from dreams, clock making.
Weapons: An assortment of pistols and rifles.

Build: Slim and compactly muscled.
Type: Humanoid Baku/Artifact Spirit
Origin: English/European?
Height: 5'9''
Skin: Pale, near white.
Hair: Mixture of charcoal and steel-blue; thick and spiky; cut just below the ears with bangs.
Eyes: Completely black, red irises.
Outfit: Tattered, dark-teal overcoat lined black; patched black trousers; thin dark-gray shirt; fingerless gloves; crescent moon glasses perched on nose.

Accent: Coarse and monotone; deep.
Home: Fides
Family: Tuoni (creator), Yukito (blood-brother through Tuoni)
Love: None
Theme song: Secrets - OneRepublic
Other:
-He is really a Tsukumogami (artifact spirit), an ancient object that has gained a consciousness as well as a human form. Technically, his current, human form isn't his 'true body'; he was originally a pocketwatch, which he carries on his person at all times.

Alright, I'll start when someone/others join! smile.gif

--------------------

-------------------
||
DeviantArt||
-------------------
Set by Omamori
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Aug 8 2011, 09:06 AM
Post #2

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,159

Paganism!! O-O Mai is now officially interested...
Can I please join??!! (And if I can, first a quick question: can we have demons as well or just bakus?)

--------------------

(\_/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
(O.o) signature to help him on his way to
(><) world domination.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Rosicrucian   Fides Fragilis   Aug 7 2011, 09:13 PM
- - The Mad Bomber   Here is my character profile, there are a few thin...   Aug 8 2011, 06:51 AM
- - Rosicrucian   @ The Mad Bomber Have I mentioned how much I love...   Aug 8 2011, 08:26 AM
- - The Mad Bomber   Ah, that clears things up quite a bit, I`ll me...   Aug 8 2011, 08:49 AM
- - Rosicrucian   Aaand now the notifs are working again o__O How od...   Aug 8 2011, 09:15 AM
- - MaiShadowAlchemist   EDIT: Name: Alice Gender: Female Age: Unknown Bi...   Aug 8 2011, 09:34 AM
- - Razzy   I'd like to join! It'll just take som...   Aug 8 2011, 10:26 AM
- - Rosicrucian   @ MaiShadowAlchemist and Razzy Alrighty, that...   Aug 8 2011, 10:31 AM
- - Kari_Neko   I wanna join! XD Oh Spice and Wolf... I'l...   Aug 8 2011, 06:43 PM
- - Rosicrucian   @ Razzy, The Mad Bomber, MaiShadowAlchemist, Kari_...   Aug 8 2011, 09:08 PM
- - The Mad Bomber   Tailor Montgomery sighed heavily as he closed shop...   Aug 8 2011, 10:01 PM
- - MaiShadowAlchemist   Watching the cigarette smoke swirl out of his lips...   Aug 9 2011, 08:31 AM
- - Rosicrucian   ooc| I'll be replying/posting shortly, guys; g...   Aug 9 2011, 02:41 PM
- - Razzy   ((Edited my post with my character profile.)) Tha...   Aug 9 2011, 10:47 PM
- - The Mad Bomber   Tyge was slightly taken back by the sudden aggress...   Aug 9 2011, 11:39 PM
- - MaiShadowAlchemist   "I guess so..." Micah mumbled as he shru...   Aug 10 2011, 07:59 PM
- - Omamori   ooc| I FINALLY POST YES ...This may happen a lot, ...   Aug 13 2011, 01:16 AM
- - The Mad Bomber   Tyge seemed visibly relieved, that no one objected...   Aug 13 2011, 09:15 AM
- - Omamori   ooc| Once again, another delay, and I deeply apolo...   Aug 18 2011, 03:50 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2016 - 10:04 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css