Reply to this topicStart new topic
Rurouni Kenshin (a.k.a Samurai X), One of the classics
Duo Himura
post Apr 20 2005, 02:40 PM
Post #46

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,733

QUOTE(Sgt.Rerapert @ Apr 20 2005, 11:47 AM)
Just wondering when the sites going to be updated next cant wait it is such a good site.
[snapback]157024[/snapback]

Uh... what site are you refering to?

--------------------
user posted image

Humankind cannnot gain anything without giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is Alchemy's first principal of equivelent exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only truth.

Aku. Soku. Zan.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mustang's Ap...
post Apr 25 2005, 08:35 AM
Post #47

Apprentice

Member No.: 12,032

It's my favorite classic manga series.

I've read all of the manga, and I've seen all of the anime, except for some Season 3 Episodes.

It's probably in my all-time favorite anime Top Ten Listing.

--------------------
Forum Family
Sisters:~.:Anime_Gal:.~,Jen Elric,~FMAgurl~,zarpia
Little Sister:Phyco girl,chocolate_eds_everywhere
Pet Guinea Pig:Fullmetal Fangirl

Want to join my forum family?PM me.

+Quote Post
Duo Himura
post May 1 2005, 02:56 PM
Post #48

Citizen

Okay, I do have one question for anyone out there who can answer it. Now, in volume 11, Kenshin and Hiko are talking, and just when Hiko agrees to teach Kenshin the remaining Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu moes he says:

After all, Shishio mustn't be left as the only Hiten Mitsurugi student.

Now, I'm pretty positive that this is a major translation screw up, but does anyone know what Hiko was supposed to say there? Or maybe what he meant by it if that is, by some twist of fate, more or less what he said?

--------------------
user posted image

Humankind cannnot gain anything without giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is Alchemy's first principal of equivelent exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only truth.

Aku. Soku. Zan.

+Quote Post
BellatrixAngelof...
post May 5 2005, 03:24 PM
Post #49

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 12,213

QUOTE(Duo Himura @ May 1 2005, 05:56 PM)
Okay, I do have one question for anyone out there who can answer it. Now, in volume 11, Kenshin and Hiko are talking, and just when Hiko agrees to teach Kenshin the remaining Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu moes he says:

Now, I'm pretty positive that this is a major translation screw up, but does anyone know what Hiko was supposed to say there? Or maybe what he meant by it if that is, by some twist of fate, more or less what he said?
[snapback]164664[/snapback]

Great question! Unfortunitly, I don't know the answer to it, however, now that my curiosity has been sparked, I'll see if I can find out the answer. I'll post any of my findings. Glad 2 see there are still a few Ruro-Ken fans out there ( even though this poll is pretty lifeless at the moment). I personnaly am quite found of the manga... and Sano. lol Does any one have a fav Rurouni Kenshin moment in the anime or manga? just wondering.

--------------------

Thank You to Riza Babe & Celestial Fangirl for the siggie! ^_^ ~My Forum Family~

+Quote Post
Bling_bling_Ange...
post May 5 2005, 11:14 PM
Post #50

Major General

Member No.: 1,504

QUOTE(Celira @ Nov 27 2004, 01:42 PM)
Although RuroKen is, for all intents and purposes, old, the English manga is still in the process of being released and the anime (though it's not my favorite, as a few name pronunciations are mangled O_o) is now rerunning on Cartoon Network.

So, who else here is a fan, former fan, or the rare person out there who actually hasn't gotten into it? It was the anime that startled many people into awareness of Japanese history, though Watsuki-san did alter a bit of it. Okay, a lot of it. But it's nice, ne?

(I like the manga better than the anime. [gets tomatoed])
[snapback]41772[/snapback]

Heck, yeah... RuroKen's one of the top 10 mangas EVER... I have all 38 volumes... *smug* smile.gif

--------------------

F.L.I.P = F. un/ L. oving/ I. ntelligent/ P. inay

"Vive le Universite du Sto. Thome!" =D Thomasian pride, people!

+Quote Post
Duo Himura
post May 6 2005, 06:52 PM
Post #51

Citizen

Uh... I hope you mean 28, because I'm positive their aren't 38...

Favorite moments? Well, in the Kyoto Arc, I kinda liked the fights against Anji and Sojirou, mostly becasue neither of them were really 'evil.' I haven't seen any of the Jinchu Arc really, though I have a basic idea of the events from various areas, and I imagine I'll have some favorites from in there.

--------------------
user posted image

Aku. Soku. Zan.

+Quote Post
BellatrixAngelof...
post May 7 2005, 09:26 AM
Post #52

State Alchemist (Major)

hmm...I'm not really sure what my favorite Ruro-Ken moments are. Altough I do enjoy the may Watsuki-san blended comedy with action in an almost semless way. I love the fued between Sano and Saito. Megumi's a trip too. lol As for my favorite moments... I really can't say... there's quite a few i'm quite found of. Did any one else think reflections (ova) was an odd way to end the series?

--------------------

Thank You to Riza Babe & Celestial Fangirl for the siggie! ^_^ ~My Forum Family~

+Quote Post
Gate Alchemist
post May 10 2005, 04:37 PM
Post #53

Citizen

Member No.: 11,408

The RuroKen manga and anime are good, but the anime strays too far from the real plot and it changes some important facts. Like the one about Kenshin and Tomoe being legally MARRIED in the before they have been in hiding for that long. He proposes in a sorta nonchalante (I mangled that one) way when they first find out they have to pretend to be married and she agrees. I wish they put that into the anime/OVAs mbecause I absolutly HATE Kaoru and I want to rub it in her face. Ok, so I'm a bit spiteful, but really, who could live with anyone that whiney and obsessive? Yuck.

--------------------
"Oh, no. It's raining."
"It isn't raini-"
"No, it's raining."

+Quote Post
BellatrixAngelof...
post May 12 2005, 08:29 PM
Post #54

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE(Gate Alchemist @ May 10 2005, 07:37 PM)
The RuroKen manga and anime are good, but the anime strays too far from the real plot and it changes some important facts. Like the one about Kenshin and Tomoe being legally MARRIED in the before they have been in hiding for that long. He proposes in a sorta nonchalante (I mangled that one) way when they first find out they have to pretend to be married and she agrees. I wish they put that into the anime/OVAs mbecause I absolutly HATE Kaoru and I want to rub it in her face. Ok, so I'm a bit spiteful, but really, who could live with anyone that whiney and obsessive? Yuck.
[snapback]170577[/snapback]

Really? I havn't seen much of the anime, so I wouldn't know. But based on previous experiences with other Anime similar to Ruro-Ken, I wouldn't be surprised. Wow, you really dislike Kaoru, don't you? Who do you think would be better suited for Kenshin? And just out of pure curiosity, how many people here like Aioshi? Does anyone here read/ watch anything similar to Ruro-Ken, like Peace Maker for instance? happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Joe J
post Jul 9 2005, 06:58 AM
Post #55

Citizen

Member No.: 16,653

I have to say I don't like Kaoru in the anime either. They made her too whiny and too much of a crybaby. In the manga she's much tougher and more mature.

RuroKen's my favorite manga (somedays, depending on my mood). The characters are so complex, psychologically speaking. Everyone is damaged. Everyone has their issues. Even Kenshin. SPOILERS: I love the moment when Kenshin is training with Seijuro, and he suddenly realizes that he has to live. Up until that time, he'd been living as if his life had no worth and could be thrown away. More than learning a new move, that is the reason Kenshin becomes stronger. He discovers the will to live. From a fighting standpoint, that's very true to life. Willpower can be more important than muscle and technique. I just love that Watsuki recognized that and put it into the manga.

Peace,
Joe J.

+Quote Post
animefreak_zzz
post Jul 10 2005, 03:26 AM
Post #56

Alchemists

From: At the very heart of slacker's ville..burning time..
Member No.: 14,982

okay...i hav the whole set of mangas...amd i got curious...so i checked it out for u...when hiko agrees to teach kenshin the whole of Hiten mitsuguri ryu...he said sumthin like...(i'll translate the whole part of it...juzz to make sure i got it rite...)

Hiko: come with me kenshin and i shall teach u the remaining of Hiten mitsuguri ryu.
Hiko: As a diciple of hitenmitsuguri ryu, we cannot just stand by and watch as shishiio commits his monstrosity, and now there is no time for me to look for another diciple. Therefore, kenshin, u shall take up the responsibility of defeating shishio.

There u hav it...that is the best i can do...i translated from my chinese manga...
haha laugh.gif
Hope it helps!!

--------------------
I want to be an idiot
And go to idiot land
An idiot bird in my hand
I'd walk like a total idiot
And sing like idiots do
And people would say "what an idiot,
He/She's an idiot through and through
And I'd plant an idiot's garden
And live in an idiot's house
A harmless grinning idiot
With my lovely idiot spouse.
Micheal Leunig, The Stick and other tales of our times.

Watch your thoughts, they become words.
Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become character.
Watch your character, it becomes destiny.

Anime picture album- http://community.webshots.com/user/animefreak_zzz

+Quote Post
Karo
post Jul 12 2005, 11:29 AM
Post #57

Apprentice

Member No.: 10,905

oh that's cool. I haven't read this manga yet, well part of it.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
animefreak_zzz
post Jul 15 2005, 07:52 PM
Post #58

Alchemists

From: At the very heart of slacker's ville..burning time..
Member No.: 14,982

Rurouni kenshin is really a classic...and in my opinion...
nothing beats it in terms of seniority...
It is in my list of proud collections...
the anime however...was nice till after the shishio arc...
after that...the story went a little downhill...saddening...
But...the manga and ovas are definately worth collecting...
And i think the best characters are kenshin..and soujiro...haha laugh.gif
My prized collection...Rurouni kenshin--1~28..haha

--------------------
I want to be an idiot
And go to idiot land
An idiot bird in my hand
I'd walk like a total idiot
And sing like idiots do
And people would say "what an idiot,
He/She's an idiot through and through
And I'd plant an idiot's garden
And live in an idiot's house
A harmless grinning idiot
With my lovely idiot spouse.
Micheal Leunig, The Stick and other tales of our times.

Watch your thoughts, they become words.
Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become character.
Watch your character, it becomes destiny.

Anime picture album- http://community.webshots.com/user/animefreak_zzz

+Quote Post
*~vachi~*
post Dec 31 2005, 10:43 PM
Post #59

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 28,443

Rurouni Keshin is...is....is...GREAT!!
I luv this anime, and i think if i could read manga that actually gotīs the images (peopledonīt sell manga in my country, and if they do...itīs too expensive or doesnīt have any good ones... sad.gif )
Well, i just have to say that Rurouni Kenshin is reaaaally one great anime and also manga, for what i have heard...!! laugh.gif
My favorite character is...i donīt know....itīs too hard...tomoe...from the OVA...she is pretty and i think she gotīs guts!!(sounds weird! blink.gif )

--------------------
[center]

Take a look at my dA! Thank you for reading this!
Spanish Master of the Wise Hyo ~MasterKris~ Scans/images from:Silhouette
[/center]

+Quote Post
Sydney
post Jun 25 2006, 11:10 AM
Post #60

Apprentice

Member No.: 27,639

I have the entire translated manga series, all 28 volumes.

It's a very weird feeling.

The realization that I won't have a new volume to buy next month, that it's pretty much over...it's weird.

But the ending was great, I loved the whole series...it's just weird to think it over....

--------------------
IPB Image

Credit goes to Nil-chan, the creator of this lovely banner.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2016 - 02:16 PM

Copyright Đ2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css