telepika
post Dec 3 2004, 07:00 PM
Post #31

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,937

Oh, sorry. We all make mistakes like that. cool.gif

--------------------
I've decided to officially support the American Dub!! Go Ed!!! Power to the short people!!!!
user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ninie
post Dec 3 2004, 07:15 PM
Post #32

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 434

QUOTE(telepika @ Dec 3 2004, 09:00 PM)
Oh, sorry. We all make mistakes like that. cool.gif

Yes, we do! happy.gif cool.gif And it's alright!

--------------------
user posted image
Made by the amazing Haroken! ^_^ Thank you!

+Quote Post
Lady Battousai
post Dec 3 2004, 07:36 PM
Post #33

Alchemists

Member No.: 989

Spoilers...O_o

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
darkangelslayer
post Dec 3 2004, 10:01 PM
Post #34

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 3,011

i wish they had a site wit the kenshin manga

--------------------
IPB Image
I'm aka Anshi as dubbed by Celes *that can be used by anyone and everyone*
Celes x Anshi supporter XDD

+Quote Post
Ninie
post Dec 3 2004, 10:03 PM
Post #35

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 434

They can't put it on a site, it's liscenced.

--------------------
user posted image
Made by the amazing Haroken! ^_^ Thank you!

+Quote Post
Tashi
post Dec 4 2004, 03:33 AM
Post #36

Apprentice

Member No.: 825

the anime was good up to the shishio arc, it sucked after that, ive read some of the manga, i have the entire manga(scanlations) but i dont much like readin manga on the computer, so i havnt finished it.

trust and betrayel was great, the movie was ok, and reflections was...iffy

The Eng dub played on CN is pretty bad. Well the voice acting for Kenshin, Shishio, Soujiro, Yume are good but they don't know how to cut the anime. First of all, I'm opposed to the whole editing of anime so kiddies can watch it without the violence... It's really sad that in America, animation is automatically dubbed as kid's stuff so any animation must be edited to suite a younger audience. Well in Kenshin, they edit way too much, and pretty badly too. When they take out the blood, the place where the blood was originally is gray and blurry. There's this part where (I forgot his name) the turtle shell guy is pinned to the wall by Saito's sword. Well in the dub, the sword is taken away and the blood too so it looks like he's just magically sticking to the wall and there's a huge gray circle where the sword was... I'm rambling now... I'm going to eat...

its not very difficult to find un-edited dual audio video...if your a pirate anyway wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Lady Battousai
post Dec 7 2004, 03:38 AM
Post #37

Alchemists

Member No.: 989

I really don't find the OVA of Rurouni Kenshin pleasant at all. It's just too sad. Anyway, the anime is really horrible but quite a lot of people enjoyed it. But I don't find it as 'enjoyable' as they call it huh.gif...

Anyway, Mr.Watsuki did a very great job in plotting and drawing out characters. I admire him...*squeals*. Still he really done some (or maybe alot) of changes on historical events happened in Japan during the past.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Akaina
post Dec 7 2004, 08:17 PM
Post #38

Citizen

Member No.: 2,935

Here's a site with translations... but it's just text with no pictures, so you need to use your imagination. This is the best you'll be able to find. Go buy the japanese manga or something happy.gif()Ruroken
Rurouni Kenshin is a favorite series of mine. After the Shishio arc the anime pretty much sucked, though... I can't remember much of what happened and I stopped watching it. I wasn't that satisfyed with the way the OVAs left out things I couldn't wait to see animated.
Spoiler: (Click here to Display)

So you'll just have to settle for waiting for VIZ to translate everything.

+Quote Post
Kitoky
post Dec 13 2004, 06:18 PM
Post #39

Alchemists

Member No.: 3,476

QUOTE(Celira @ Nov 27 2004, 01:42 PM)
Although RuroKen is, for all intents and purposes, old, the English manga is still in the process of being released and the anime (though it's not my favorite, as a few name pronunciations are mangled O_o) is now rerunning on Cartoon Network.

So, who else here is a fan, former fan, or the rare person out there who actually hasn't gotten into it? It was the anime that startled many people into awareness of Japanese history, though Watsuki-san did alter a bit of it. Okay, a lot of it. But it's nice, ne?

(I like the manga better than the anime. [gets tomatoed])

I agree with you on the names getting absolutely mangled in the english anime ver. And it WAS censored for the little kiddies.

--------------------
[center]user posted image[/center]

+Quote Post
Duo Himura
post Mar 30 2005, 03:21 PM
Post #40

Citizen

Member No.: 10,733

Oh come on, who really cares if the guys bleed that much or not? Be greatful its not like the edited Gundam Seed where the edited a knife out of a character's hand when she was trying to stab someone so it looked like she was trying to hit him instead and they made all the handguns into lazers...

But yeah, while I prefer the manga greatly, even not really having read the Jinchu arc, the anime's good, especially in the Kyoto Arc which is almost completely identical to the manga version except for being animated.

And what names got mangled in the English version? Frankly, I dislike that manga replaced Futai no Kiwami (sp?) with "Mastery of two layers," Sekihotai with "Sekiho army," and calling the Jupongatana the "Ten Swords (though that's what it means I suppose, doesn't sound as cool though). Some words just are better off remaining in Japanese.

--------------------
user posted image

Humankind cannnot gain anything without giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is Alchemy's first principal of equivelent exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only truth.

Aku. Soku. Zan.

+Quote Post
Falling_Man
post Apr 6 2005, 06:46 PM
Post #41

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 4,082

I suppose somethings have been overly edited...

!? What? Usui gets pinned by Saito? I though he was much stronger... *is dissapointed*

The American release is now in the middle of the Kyoto arc, I think. It's very nice.

Top three best. (in my opinion)
Hiko Seijuo
Saito Hajime
Himura Kenshin
(Sano gets honorable 4th)

--------------------
Thank you for taking your time to read this post.
It is asked of you to proceed to the next post in a orderly manner,
as this will allow a much smoother flow in your forum experience.

-Another forum nut who is also a self-proclaimed sanely insane person.

Credit goes to Ailuro for the sig. (Sankyuu, Sensei~! X3)

+Quote Post
|FullMetal|
post Apr 11 2005, 04:57 PM
Post #42

Citizen

Member No.: 10,660

I really don't find the OVA of Rurouni Kenshin pleasant at all. It's just too sad. - Lady Battousai

True it's sad...but it makes it more realistic! Besides, age 45 (Kenshin's age in Reflection...or around somewhere like that) was considered REALLY old in the olden days...

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Duo Himura
post Apr 12 2005, 06:42 PM
Post #43

Citizen

Member No.: 10,733

QUOTE(|FullMetal| @ Apr 11 2005, 06:57 PM)
I really don't find the OVA of Rurouni Kenshin pleasant at all. It's just too sad. - Lady Battousai

True it's sad...but it makes it more realistic! Besides, age 45 (Kenshin's age in Reflection...or around somewhere like that) was considered REALLY old in the olden days...
[snapback]150821[/snapback]

Well, there's that I suppose, but Hiko hadn't aged a day from when he was like 30 and he's about 60 in Reflections... blink.gif

Also, Reflections kinda goes against the idea of Redemption, I mean, sorta there at the end, but doesn't it seem a bit out of character for Kenshin to countinue to go out and help people without the slightest concern for himself, in fact deliberately taking personal harm. It seems like they kinda said, "uh... yeah... we're just gonna totally disregard the Kyoto Arc and the whole 'will to live' thing."

Personally I like the little 15 page ending that Watsuki did (I think its 15 anyway...) that takes place just a few years latter and basically has everyone living hapily instead of everyone being horribly depressed and dying...

I guess I just didn't like the idea of Reflections so much, I mean, one of the main ideas of the manga in the first place was that Kenshin (I believe this was a major focus in the Jinchu arc, not really having seen it...) comes to terms with his past and is finally able to put it behind him, and it just seems to sort of conflict with that idea.

--------------------
user posted image

Humankind cannnot gain anything without giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is Alchemy's first principal of equivelent exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only truth.

Aku. Soku. Zan.

+Quote Post
Guest_Sgt.Rerapert_*
post Apr 20 2005, 09:47 AM
Post #44

Guests

Just wondering when the sites going to be updated next cant wait it is such a good site.

+Quote Post
Dragons04
post Apr 20 2005, 09:58 AM
Post #45

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,647

well, I laughed when Kenshin dislocated his groin while saving the woman

--------------------
New Challenge Non-FMA story, just try to read it, it won't bite you

Forum Family

Son to Celes and Le Monkey

Husband to Water Alchemist
Nephew to BlackRose

Little brother to Sharpie and Xithion
Older brother to FMAgurl, Kit, and Full Blade Alchemist
Twin brother to MustEd4Ever
Brother to heavensangel

Good friend to FMA JPD

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th June 2016 - 11:37 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css