Rating 5 V
Quistis88
post Dec 12 2004, 11:01 PM
Post #31

Executive Officer (Spam Assassin)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 16

QUOTE(Ed's_Girl @ Dec 12 2004, 10:54 PM)
Alchemy is the answer to all my life's problems.

How so?

--------------------
SINCERELY,
Quistis
(Forum Spam Assassin, Vice-Mother, and Queen of the Grammar Police)

This sentence says something else when you're not looking.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
telepika
post Dec 13 2004, 04:44 AM
Post #32

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,937

If you have a problem then imagine fixing it with alchemy. biggrin.gif Of course the problem won't go away but who says imagining is bad? Unless you mistake reality for the imaginary and get trapped in fantasy world...

--------------------
I've decided to officially support the American Dub!! Go Ed!!! Power to the short people!!!!
user posted image

+Quote Post
dragonflame327
post Dec 14 2004, 08:45 PM
Post #33

Apprentice

Member No.: 1,746

QUOTE(Zio @ Dec 12 2004, 10:35 PM)
Well, I can turn water into Funk, does that count?

But seriously, if you watch FMA and then you want to try performing alchemy, which in real life is just chemistry, I would have to say that you should be forbidden to breed. Think about how stupid that sounds: "I'm going to bring the dead back to life because they did it on a fictional anime!"

LMAO!

And for my next miracle I will turn this water into funk!

BaZow!

*enter disco age*

~~~

Performing alchemy in genenral would be cool. Y'know, what if Flamel was really still alive? He'd be able to create the Philosopher's Stone whenever he wanted, so he could technically live forever...

+Quote Post
telepika
post Dec 14 2004, 10:52 PM
Post #34

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 1,937

If he was able to create the philosopher's stone, he would still be alive. Unless you're talking about the FMA philosopher's stone because then it gets complicated... cool.gif

--------------------
I've decided to officially support the American Dub!! Go Ed!!! Power to the short people!!!!
user posted image

+Quote Post
blackdog-alchemi...
post Dec 14 2004, 11:09 PM
Post #35

Citizen

Member No.: 2,873

wow you people don't know your history okay this is pretty much it and i think it's a simple enought anser during the renissance or however you spell it period people didn't know what science was and called it magic, now than this than evolved into science which is what we have today so now can anybody remember a time where they light a fire? thats alchemy cus by using the catalyst or fuel or whatever you light it with the combustion of heat or a spark like from flint and steel so there ya go every-time you light a cigerette your doing alchemy, no to get you to think that smoking's cool... im still working on quitting, anywho the whole thing with the circle's and stuff thats not apart of real alchemy

in fact i think this webpage should make a truth and fiction part of the site to show which parts were real from history and which one's are made for the anime/manga

--------------------
rubba dub dub thanks for the grub, yaaaaaay god!

+Quote Post
Le Monkey
post Dec 15 2004, 07:12 AM
Post #36

Major General

Member No.: 2,167

QUOTE(blackdog-alchemist @ Dec 14 2004, 11:09 PM)
wow you people don't know your history okay this is pretty much it and i think it's a simple enought anser during the renissance or however you spell it period people didn't know what science was and called it magic, now than this than evolved into science which is what we have today so now can anybody remember a time where they light a fire? thats alchemy cus by using the catalyst or fuel or whatever you light it with the combustion of heat or a spark like from flint and steel so there ya go every-time you light a cigerette your doing alchemy, no to get you to think that smoking's cool... im still working on quitting, anywho the whole thing with the circle's and stuff thats not apart of real alchemy

in fact i think this webpage should make a truth and fiction part of the site to show which parts were real from history and which one's are made for the anime/manga

well done *applouds*

--------------------

+Quote Post
jessin
post Dec 16 2004, 07:38 PM
Post #37

Citizen

Member No.: 2,382

Alchemy is just a fake science. Elements cannot be changed into other elements by any means known in science. It is physically impossible to preform it. In fact, the entire concept of the philosopher's stone was a conradiction...it was a substance so powerful that there was supposedly no container on this earth to hold it. If nothing can hold it....then how can it be used?

However, things such as gunpowder and saltpieter were created by alchemists. And that was just by mixing stuff together.

--------------------
"Ima wa....ore no jinsei no haruuuuuuuu!!" XD

+Quote Post
Darkmetal Alchem...
post Dec 17 2004, 12:26 PM
Post #38

Citizen

Member No.: 3,709

Exactly while it would be nice if alchemy was real point blank it was some half ass attemp by scientist in the middle ages to turn lead into goal

+Quote Post
jessin
post Dec 17 2004, 09:34 PM
Post #39

Citizen

Member No.: 2,382

QUOTE(le monkey @ Dec 15 2004, 07:12 AM)

circles and symbols were part of the mystical side of alchemy. A whole lot of mysterious and weird books and art were made that were filled with all sorts of nightmarish and otherworldly metaphors and pictures......the psychiatrist Jung studied these weird symbols as part of his research on the subconcious.

Isn't it weird, though, how all throughout the world people had the same idea to turn lead into gold??

--------------------
"Ima wa....ore no jinsei no haruuuuuuuu!!" XD

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Dec 20 2004, 11:51 PM
Post #40

Guests

PLZ READ

thank you for reading this .....ok......how do you make a transmutation circle and how do you use alchamy and how do you know what to awfer(<-- sorry for spelling) in exchange for what you are creating???........thank you

IF YOU CANT ANSWER MY QUESTIONS THAN SEND ME A LIST OF SIGHTS.........PLZ SEND ME A EMAIL AT finalsight05@msn.com

+Quote Post
Ailuro
post Dec 21 2004, 07:29 PM
Post #41

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 665

You can't use alchemy. It's fantasy! This anime is fantasy!

--------------------
- Ailuro "Deshi" Oz
- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Foolio
post Dec 21 2004, 07:53 PM
Post #42

Alchemists

Member No.: 3,892

well, there were alchemists in the past, but its power is all fictional

btw - does anyone else think there should be one big sticky on the cricles?

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
al_the_armor_alc...
post Dec 21 2004, 09:37 PM
Post #43

Citizen

Member No.: 3,733

well, there were alchemists in the past, but its power is all fictional

btw - does anyone else think there should be one big sticky on the cricles?

no.
You can't use alchemy. It's fantasy! This anime is fantasy!

Like it says in the show (Alchemy is science) someone will eventually discover some way of transforming an object from one form into another through a process similar to alchemy, but it may not use circles that are used in the show, or even circles at all it could be an array of symbols with no circle around it at all. Science will eventually find a way maybe in 100 years or 100,000 years but we will eventually find a way.

--------------------
Alchemy, the science of equal exchange.

user posted image

Mr. Clayton’s carpentry policy for fast, cheap, and perfect.
If it’s fast and cheap it will not be perfect.
If it’s cheap and perfect it will not be fast.
If it’s perfect and fast it will not be cheap.

+Quote Post
DarkWater Alchem...
post Dec 22 2004, 01:37 PM
Post #44

Alchemists

Member No.: 1,273

Eventually, yes, somehow, but it's still chemistry then.
We well be able to transmute with very complicated equipment and all you can think of, just like wel will once be beamed up by scotty.

About the signs... in official-medieval alchemy, so not exactly in this anime, the sighs are of elements, copper, iron, gold, ... or of planets, that also have an 'element' given, I think the sun is gold and so on.

--------------------
~Guardian Angel of the Shonen-ai Royal Family~
Blessed with Sin: member of G.O.O.P. *hyper about bishies*
deviantart gallery - Divine Crisis

+Quote Post
al_the_armor_alc...
post Dec 22 2004, 07:50 PM
Post #45

Citizen

Member No.: 3,733

Eventually they will make it less complicated they will make the machine into a watch, a bracelet, a ring, and so on.
This is something I believe, every person have four basic forms of energy spiritual, physical, magical, and life force energy, and alchemy uses one of these forms of energy, and the circles are to bring out that energy.
And one other question isn’t there equations used to make the correct circle, if so what are the equations?

--------------------
Alchemy, the science of equal exchange.

user posted image

Mr. Clayton’s carpentry policy for fast, cheap, and perfect.
If it’s fast and cheap it will not be perfect.
If it’s cheap and perfect it will not be fast.
If it’s perfect and fast it will not be cheap.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2016 - 03:33 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css