Alchemy In Real Life
Rating 5 V
vindedreal
post Nov 27 2004, 12:25 PM
Post #1

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,881

Hey it might sound stupid but has anyone ver done an alchemy experiment like turn salt into fire without a lighter or anything like that,Cuz ive seen the symbols and stuff and have been dying to try alchemy but I dont have 1 clu how to start ,Anything simple any of u know how to do??

<Moved couple of dozens of posts on this topic from "Transmutation Circles" thread here. 05/03/07 ~Tombow>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ninie
post Nov 27 2004, 01:05 PM
Post #2

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 434

Hagaren is a fantasy show. I seriously doubt anyone ever tried to do this kind of alchemy. You can try if you want... But I don't think you'll get results.

--------------------
user posted image
Made by the amazing Haroken! ^_^ Thank you!

+Quote Post
xrninja
post Nov 27 2004, 01:08 PM
Post #3

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 501

yeah, unfortunately we don't live in the fma world so we can't draw an array, slap our hands down and transmute things. the closest thing to alchemy is changing lead into gold, but it's a scientific process that involves rearranging particles and such, and the process is so expensive, it's not worth doing.

--------------------
- ON HIATUS UNTIL COLLEGE STOPS KICKING MY ASS -
ninja + quis = <3

+Quote Post
Blade42
post Nov 27 2004, 01:22 PM
Post #4

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 2,640

I wish i could try alchemy, but I seriously doubt that it's possible.

+Quote Post
Hole
post Nov 27 2004, 01:28 PM
Post #5

Citizen

Member No.: 2,864

Not to mention not many people can draw really round circles.

--------------------

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post Nov 27 2004, 01:31 PM
Post #6

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 2,565

QUOTE(Hole @ Nov 27 2004, 01:28 PM)
Not to mention not many people can draw really round circles.

this is very true... or straight lines... ~_~ i can draw the human form...but i can't draw a straight line to save my life.

fushigi da na...

i can turn water into soup. does that count? *hides soup mix packet in her sleeve*

--------------------
IPB Image

I am the Cold Blooded Alchemist. Ph34r Me.
Read My Fics! :D

Auld Lang Syne...Shinkume...Tsuzureori...Tin Soldiers...Pegasus...The Space Between

+Quote Post
dragonflame327
post Nov 28 2004, 12:00 AM
Post #7

Apprentice

Member No.: 1,746

Actually, it's possible:

"Alchemy, the Ancient Science" by Neil Powell, Publisher: Doubleday and Company,Inc. Garden City, New York, 1976

page 130

" After the physical and chemical diescoveries of the 18th and 19th centuries, it would have seem natural for alchemy in the 20th century to have advanced ever farther into the realms of symbolism and mysticism, and away from anything to do with phyiscal transmutation. But in 1919 the eminent English physicist Lord Rutherford succeeded in transmuting nitrogen into oxygen in the laboratory, and every aspiring alchemist took new heart. "

+Quote Post
luciferownsme
post Nov 28 2004, 12:05 AM
Post #8

Apprentice

Member No.: 2,862

Borders has books on Alchemy in whatever you call the section that has all the Wicca stuff(new age, mysticism, paranormal studies, metaphysical studies? I can't remember), buy one or loiter long enough to read one like all the manga readers do...

I was gonna give alchemy a wild shot, but I had too many manga to have enough money to buy it. I'm sort of surprised people believe in alchemy most of the thoughts were disproved, but since alchemists were the prelude to scientists...go Alchemists!

--------------------
user posted image
Drawing by me, everything else by Ryukinh of www.fffuture.net
If you like my art, go to My Deviantart Site

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Nov 28 2004, 09:53 PM
Post #9

Guests

our world is weird enough without ridiculous things like transmutation...

+Quote Post
DarkWater Alchem...
post Nov 29 2004, 12:28 PM
Post #10

Alchemists

Member No.: 1,273

Some chemical experiments are so cool, you would go and call it alchemy. My teacher did something with sugar and another element that gave flames - it looked really cool, but it's dangerous - it was done in a glass reaction cupboard, to prevent anyone from inhaling the smoke. (sorry I don't remember, it's 3 years ago biggrin.gif)

Most so-called transmutations were done without witness, so there was no proof if it ever did succeed. We can't do alchemy, since the things that are possible are chemistry. True science.

--------------------
~Guardian Angel of the Shonen-ai Royal Family~
Blessed with Sin: member of G.O.O.P. *hyper about bishies*
deviantart gallery - Divine Crisis

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Nov 30 2004, 05:40 PM
Post #11

Guests

This might not be directly related but people have ben known to be able to move stuff with their body.. Now weather this might be our "energy" or not, I don't know. But I have physicly done the pinwheel spin thingy the first night I tried..

If you're interested here is a good site to read up on that stuff.

+Quote Post
Des
post Nov 30 2004, 06:44 PM
Post #12

Citizen

Member No.: 3,047

There was an experiment written down in one of my science textbooks that used an alchemical process, but we never got to do it.

+Quote Post
dragonflame327
post Dec 1 2004, 03:25 PM
Post #13

Apprentice

Member No.: 1,746

You can't transmute salt into fire even with alchemy. Besides, Roy creates a spark with his gloves, and rearranges hydrogen molecules.

+Quote Post
Ailuro
post Dec 1 2004, 06:46 PM
Post #14

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 665

QUOTE(dragonflame327 @ Dec 1 2004, 02:25 PM)
You can't transmute salt into fire even with alchemy. Besides, Roy creates a spark with his gloves, and rearranges hydrogen molecules.

Actually, he changes the concentration of oxygen molecules in the air. Oxygen fuels fire.

--------------------
- Ailuro "Deshi" Oz
- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Neverfate
post Dec 2 2004, 01:10 PM
Post #15

Citizen

Member No.: 2,458

Alchemy in reality is much different from the alchemy of FMA. Alchemy was an art which melded the two great powers of the ancient civilizations, science and sorcery. FMA has an interesting power source for Alchemy (I wont say for spoilers) but in our world the occult power of projecting one's will upon nature was necessary for transmutation. Science was necessary for an understanding of exactly what it is that you are trying to do. Alchemy was an imperfect art however, for the ancient scientists had an incomplete and alimentary understanding of substances and how they are made up. Alchemy by it's basest definition is practiced everyday in our modern world. How do you think we discover these new and weird elements that have been regularly added to the periodic table. These elements do not occur in nature. We use science to 'transmute' a baser substance into a new element by adding sub atomic particles. Many people claim to have a better understanding of how to transmute substances magically, but there are no records of successes. The most common alchemical reaction you are likely to find is an infusion of power into a particular substance like water or crystal. This is the first step to transmutation and for most people it stops there. There are many occult powers that still work even in this dumbed down, science diluted world. No one believes in the power of human mind, will, and emotions, in short the human soul, not anymore.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post

12 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2016 - 11:02 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css