Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

The Accent Thread
Schnabeltier
post Jun 15 2011, 12:26 AM
Post #1

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 81,123

Since we're from all over the world, I thought it would be interesting and fun to share your accents and all that. Just to give us an idea of what your accent sounds like!

You don't necessarily need a microphone here, if you don't have one or if you aren't comfortable with recording yourself, just tell us about your accent and where you're from wink.gif

But if you do have a microphone and you are willing to record, then just head over to http://vocaroo.com . No need to upload there, you can record on the website itself and you'll get a link if you're satisfied, and just post it here. But if you'd prefer to upload a .wmv yourself somewhere, be my guest.

For uniformity's sake, let's settle on reading this short paragraph:

Please call Stella. Ask her to bring these things with her from the store: Six spoons of fresh snow peas, five thick slabs of blue cheese, and maybe a snack for her brother Bob. We also need a small plastic snake and a big toy frog for the kids. She can scoop these things into three red bags, and we will go meet her Wednesday at the train station.

---

Here's mine!
http://vocaroo.com/?media=v0aBb1FcJbl2mwFTx

Well, I don't really know what kind of accent that is, but people tell me it's a Midwestern-ish accent. Although I've never actually been to the States laugh.gif Since, I guess it's the standard thing I see on television and it's the how people attempt to talk around here, I kind of speak with a fake Midwestern accent mixed in with a Filipino one lol.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2016 - 12:35 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css