HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Cosplay Q&A/Help thread: Fellow cosplayers, please give us your advice!, Post your cosplay questions here, and see if anyone can help :)
Tombow
post May 8 2011, 09:54 AM
Post #1

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Do you need help with your cosplay? You can post here, and see if any of our cosplaying members can help. biggrin.gif

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
sarahbn
post May 24 2011, 07:28 AM
Post #2

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 79,977

Wow, those tutorials are amazing! Thanks for posting those! I'd love to see your photos too!

I'm approaching my cosplay from a rather interesting perspective. My husband was in the military so I've had some experience with military uniforms, and I do medieval re-enactment for a hobby so I'm into textile and clothing history and technology as well. So I'm approaching it from the perspective of "what would this uniform 'really' be made out of, given Amestris' technological level?" I figure they'd have wool since Resembool is a sheep town, and we know they have leather (Ed's boots, Al's straps), probably linen, maybe cotton although they might have to import it since I don't know if Amestris has any areas with the right climate to grow cotton, and possibly polyester or other synthetics (50-50 whether they have that level of petroleum technology; their trains run on coal and their cars might run on ethanol). And then of course I'm having to substitute things because I figure the military uniforms would "really" be made out of a nice tropical wool suiting, which I can't afford to make uniforms for two of my kids out of. smile.gif

We were thinking it would be really funny if my daughter dressed as Riza went to the anime convention and went to get her fake gun peace-bonded, if she pulled the one out of her belt holster, then one out of a shoulder holster under the jacket, then another one from the other side, then one from a holster concealed under the "skirt"... XD That would be so Riza!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 07:16 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css