HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Thread for Royai fans who read Arakawa comment in FMA manga artbook III (Warning! Possible Major Royai Spoiler!), Come in ONLY if you do not mind getting such SPOILER!
Ingnae
post May 1 2011, 01:05 PM
Post #61

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 74,947

Hi, I'm new to this Royai thread! Glad to see other Royai fans biggrin.gif
I just read the comment about Roy and Riza in FMA Artbook 3....

(Warning!! MAJOR ROYAI Spoiler below!! ^^)
Wow... so THEY'RE OFFICIALLY CANON!!
I've been a Royai-shipper since the first anime...and their relationship is finally confirmed by Arakawa's comment!!
I assume that Roy and Riza have equally great romantic relations even if there are no chains of marriage. Itís a good day...!

--------------------

Drawn and Set by me.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HawkseyeM1910
post May 1 2011, 02:48 PM
Post #62

Citizen

Member No.: 80,381

^^ I agree. That comment definitely made my world much happier tongue.gif
PS: Ingnae, I also clicked on the link in your signature, and voted for Mustang, I hope he wins! biggrin.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome jacksparrow589! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rainshine
post May 1 2011, 06:40 PM
Post #63

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 64,866

*tiptoes into thread*
I know I've never posted in this thread before, but I really do quite like Royai, and I'm wondering why I've never posted here until now.
It's canon? :0 Why have I not heard this?

--------------------

+Quote Post
LadyNorbert
post May 1 2011, 07:31 PM
Post #64

Citizen

Member No.: 80,327

What's this video we're discussing? Is it on the web? Sounds like something I'd like to see!
<@LadyNorbert - The link to the video is on RoyxRizaFan's post above. smile.gif>

I know that our dear iAmJelly promoted my fic here some while back, because she's sweet like that (and I didn't actually know her then!), so I just wanted to say that the third installment of the trilogy is now up and running. I'm still kind of dazed by the reactions this series has received. The second part, Brilliancy, was chock-full of Royai goodness, and I promise that there will be more to be had in Three Generals. A few people might want to kill me at one point, but...

I've said too much! *defenestrates*

--------------------
The Elemental Chess Trilogy - an unofficial FMA sequel
Flowers of Antimony ~ Brilliancy ~ The Game of Three Generals
Prequel: Triumvirate

The trilogy at TV Tropes

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post May 1 2011, 08:48 PM
Post #65

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 52,558

Hi guys! I know I haven't been around for awhile, but I am glad I came back for this news!
I don't even know what to think. I know I am a capable of rational thought, but right now, no I can't thihnk rationally.

I find out Osama bin Laden is dead.
And Royai has been confirmed canon from Arakawa. It will be an awesome week!

+Quote Post
xUltimate_Shield...
post May 2 2011, 03:09 PM
Post #66

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,845

Alright, I haven't said anything on this forum for a while but I've noticed everyone's been obsessiong over the new royai news lately.

I'm happy to hear that Arakawa said that comment with her own words, but I mean, Royai has never not been canon. It's been canon the whole time, so when I heard the news, it didn't phase me too much. I think Royai has honestly been as canon as Edwin the entire time, and Arakawa has always made that painfully obvious. So while it's nice to hear her finally say something about Roy and Riza's relationship, she's always been showing everything to do with their relationship to us. So it's kinda like she's already made it clear.

On a more upbeat note, @royxrizafan, I love the picture, who are my two friends xD I was the Winry lol

--------------------

Roy x Riza ~ Ling x Lan Fan ~ Ed x Winry ~ Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post May 2 2011, 04:09 PM
Post #67

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

QUOTE (xUltimate_Shieldx @ May 2 2011, 03:09 PM) *
I think Royai has honestly been as canon as Edwin the entire time, and Arakawa has always made that painfully obvious. So while it's nice to hear her finally say something about Roy and Riza's relationship, she's always been showing everything to do with their relationship to us.

Very well put. smile.gif

So... "unofficial" (as it were) Royai Day is almost upon us. (To our newer members: you'd be surprised how long it takes us to organize sometimes. XD) Do we want to do anything (PLEASE SAY YES biggrin.gif ), and how low-key/high-brow do we want to be about it? Also, does anyone have any ideas concerning some sort of theme? To get the ball rolling, I'll throw out my (pretty lame) one: "My favorite thing about Royai is..."

Explanation, in case it's not clear: While I'm sure we all have kind of the same idea, we all have different takes on what it means and how it affects us.

Also, please try to avoid themes that are spoiler-heavy, as we like to include as many people as possible, and not everyone's gotten through everything yet. (I'm sure that there will be more rules about spoilers forthcoming as it is.) smile.gif

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post May 3 2011, 03:16 AM
Post #68

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

@jacksparrow589 I think that's a fantastic idea! The series has ended and that we have gotten news recently that has made a lot of Royai fans happy, so I think that sharing what Royai means to us all seems so appropriate!

I might actually draw a random picture for this occasion, too. This will be the first time I've celebrated "unofficial" Royai day. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post May 3 2011, 10:44 AM
Post #69

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

@HawkseyeM1910, Ingnae, and Rainshine, welcome to the Royai thread! (what took you so long to get here? tongue.gif )
And also lots of familiar faces returning. Nice to see you guys! biggrin.gif

@RoyxRizafan - I love that video! (<-----Warning! The video includes major series spoilers, including Series Final Spoiler!)
It's awesome!

(Warning! Major ROYAI Spoiler ahead!)

QUOTE (xUltimate_Shieldx @ May 2 2011, 06:09 PM) *
...I've noticed everyone's been obsessiong over the new royai news lately.

I'm happy to hear that Arakawa said that comment with her own words, but I mean, Royai has never not been canon. It's been canon the whole time, so when I heard the news, it didn't phase me too much. I think Royai has honestly been as canon as Edwin the entire time, and Arakawa has always made that painfully obvious. So while it's nice to hear her finally say something about Roy and Riza's relationship, she's always been showing everything to do with their relationship to us. So it's kinda like she's already made it clear.

@xUltimate_Shieldx - Heh, of course we know that, but your saying that to some of us here is like, you're preaching to the choir. laugh.gif

Try saying that (and convincing that) to some Royai fans who would "demand the PROOF" or worse yet, ANTI-Royai people who have insisted that Royai does not exist and that's all in "our mind" . We had to fight off those, on this thread, and elsewhere, for TEN years!!

I think, in my opinion, we (as in Royai fans here on this thread, and elsewhere on our board) definitely deserve to have a MAJOR CELEBRATIONS that finally, FINALLY, we have SOLID PROOF, something THEY can see as proof that this relationship is REAL, besides us kept repeating it's all in Arakawa-sensei's subtle writing and those who don't see it is because they can't see it.

I, for one, am so happy that I'm able to be "obsessing" over this news, and yes of course, I'm making a HUGE deal over it! tongue.gif

====

As for this year's June 11 Royai Day, I'm all for jacksparrow589's idea! We can possibly make some special celebration next April 22, (next year) but meantime, let's have some nice Royai Day on this June 11! ... For those who are new to this thread, we have been celebrating June 11 Royai Day Festival, on and off, for many years, and I would love to have the celebration again this year! biggrin.gif

Thank you so much (in advance), JS589 and others, for taking the initiative and organizing this year's June 11 Royai Day Celebration! happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
RadicalDreamer
post May 3 2011, 02:31 PM
Post #70

Citizen

Member No.: 75,904

Not that I want to rain on anyone's parade... but how do you think Arakawa's comment gonna convinced non-believers since it was not a blunt answer from Arawaka.
Some people will be all "so yeah, they love each other... but other than that ? They still can't be a couple".
I mean, if some people never could understand Royai, they probably won't understand how Arakawa's statement makes them... well a canon couple (however, her comment is total proof that Roy and Riza doesn't just like each other in a platonic way). Because Arakawa is basically saying that Roy and Riza can't get married because of the military (and they probably can't be in a relationship either). Some people will just understand that. Of course, if you really payed attention to the manga and how their relationship was portrayed... well... We all know Riza isn't planning to stay forever in the military. Once Roy gets to be Fuhrer, she will probably quit... And since she will not be military anymore, they will finally have a relationship and get married and Riza will become the first Lady. That's the most probable scenario really. Arakawa doesn't need to say it. BUT... some people just like to have in-your-face stuff and just don't read between the lines (geez, have a little imagination people).
So, Arakawa's comment will probably convince everyone that those 2 characters LOVE each others (canon love)... and that's already nice... but I don't think it will be enough of a proof that they will end up together for some.

But really, who cares about what they think biggrin.gif .

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post May 3 2011, 03:52 PM
Post #71

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

@RadicalDreamer - Umm... I think I'm getting confused with your post; They need the blunt answer from Arakawa on what? unsure.gif
According to your post, they (as in, even non Royai 'shipper) would probably understand now that Roy and Riza love each other, and they are indeed a canon couple, right? So, what more do we need from Arakawa-sensei? And for what? To convince them of what? unsure.gif Arakawa-sensei admitting they are an item... isn't that blunt enough? unsure.gif I think I'm getting quite confused. (Sorry for being dense! )tongue.gif (Maybe Turdaewen or someone can explain? xp I don't want to take up the post space just to clear up my confusion, so... anyone who can help me understand, PM me if you may, please! ^^)

======

<Program Note>

We understand that having those <Spoiler Warning!> for every post with this discussion is getting tedious. We're currently trying to develop a separate thread solely for this discussion where we can make our posts without having <Spoiler Warning!> on each post. smile.gif When that's done, posts on this thread with this discussion will be moved to that thread so that this thread here can be used for other Royai discussions such as planning for Royai Day Celebration. smile.gif (Meantime, please go ahead and add your posts here. ^^)
ETA: The new thread is open now, and all the posts with this discussion, including this post were moved from Royai thread to here. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
xUltimate_Shield...
post May 3 2011, 06:11 PM
Post #72

Apprentice

@RadicalDreamer

I'm sorry but Riza would NEVER quit the military. Like, EVER. You're missing the whole point of Arakawa's comment, and Royai as a whole. Riza will protect his back no matter what. She'll stay by his side in the military, even after he becomes leader. If they wanted to be in a legit relationship, then Riza would have quit the military a LONG time ago.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Winry Rockbell~
post May 3 2011, 06:24 PM
Post #73

Citizen

Member No.: 68,641

I'm confused, can someone clear this up for me? O.o
Doesn't that quote that Arakawa says simply say that they don't get married cause of military and she stays his aid, nothing more?
Someone explain please, I'm confused...

--------------------

+Quote Post
xUltimate_Shield...
post May 3 2011, 06:34 PM
Post #74

Apprentice

QUOTE (Winry Rockbell~ @ May 3 2011, 07:24 PM) *
I'm confused, can someone clear this up for me? O.o
Doesn't that quote that Arakawa says simply say that they don't get married cause of military and she stays his aid, nothing more?
Someone explain please, I'm confused...

Yeah, the quote basically says that Roy and Riza couldn't get married because of the military. But it's saying if they COULD, though, they basically would get married. It shows that Roy and Riza have a deep connection/feelings that are romantic, but it's more important for them to be protecting each other's backs than to get married.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Winry Rockbell~
post May 3 2011, 06:35 PM
Post #75

Citizen

Member No.: 68,641

Where does it say if they could, they would get married? I didn't read anything on that. ^.^;;
I guess assumptions?

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2016 - 12:57 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css