HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Let's discuss about CLAMP, Creator of X/1999, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, Card Captor Sakura, XXXholic, Wish...
Fresh_Coffee
post Mar 1 2005, 07:43 PM
Post #46

Brigadier General

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,780

Blue: Is your avatar Lick? I'm making a guess because I keep seeing fanart of the dude XD from deathnote which reminds me I should start it soon ;_; I wanna read Tsubasa now! laugh.gif

--------------------
<3'S2

Summer lovin<3
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
blueices
post Mar 1 2005, 07:55 PM
Post #47

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,610

Tsubasa is a great read..head over to directmanga.com to get it.

as for my avatar, its the main character Raito :drools:

--------------------
Prince of Shonen-ai in Training
Royal Apothecary and Court Jack-of-all-Trades
user posted image
If You are New to these Forums, (or need a good laugh) Click Here

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Mar 2 2005, 07:48 AM
Post #48

Brigadier General

Member No.: 1,360

OOh.. I'd like to read Tsubasa. How many vols is it?
I couldn't believe my luck when I found Tokyo Babylon vol 1 at the library.. I managed to read the next four too... of course I never got to the climax and I manged to spoil myself quite a bit by just glancing at X... I swear I just glanced....
What characters are there from X (and Chobits) in Tsubasa?
I've never read Card Captor Sakura.. but apparently it's available at the library too...

--------------------
The Delirious Dreamy Airhead
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
An Open-Minded Perv & Member of G.O.O.P
user posted image
Here's the thread for you s-ai/yaoi fans:Shounen-ai Fans Unite!

+Quote Post
blueices
post Mar 2 2005, 11:01 AM
Post #49

QUOTE(Kihaku @ Mar 2 2005, 09:48 AM)
OOh.. I'd like to read Tsubasa. How many vols is it?
I couldn't believe my luck when I found Tokyo Babylon vol 1 at the library.. I managed to read the next four too... of course I never got to the climax and I manged to spoil myself quite a bit by just glancing at X... I swear I just glanced....
What characters are there from X (and Chobits) in Tsubasa?
I've never read Card Captor Sakura.. but apparently it's available at the library too...
[snapback]124970[/snapback]

It somewhere in its 8th volume right now and you can find up to the 54th chapter translated online...I think up to the 4th volume is available in american bookstores.

Lets see, character from X: So far we have seen Arashi Kishu (the priestess) and the guy who promised to protect her (I keep forgetting his name) laugh.gif Ah it's Sorata Arisugawa ( I had to look these up as its been awhile)
When we come across them, they live in a rather interesting country and they are married. (she's a housewife and he's a historian of the magical creatures there)
She likes hitting him a lot. laugh.gif

From Chobits, we've seen Chi (she's acted the same so far) laugh.gif so far but I suspect there's more to come from that cast.

And do read CCS at some point (before tsubasa is preferable) You fall in love with the characters (so kawaii!!!) And then to see nearly the whole cast in an Alternate universe format is a real treat happy.gif CCS is 12vols. btw.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Fresh_Coffee
post Mar 2 2005, 02:41 PM
Post #50

Brigadier General

QUOTE(blueices @ Mar 1 2005, 07:55 PM)
Tsubasa is a great read..head over to directmanga.com to get it.

as for my avatar, its the main character Raito :drools:
[snapback]124492[/snapback]

Well can't blame me for trying biggrin.gif

X as in XXX? That anime about destiny and there was that guy who's fate was to die and he would do so by protecting the girl he loved? 0_0 I also got so into Tsubasa I checked it out it seems they are going to make into an anime.

--------------------
<3'S2

Summer lovin<3

+Quote Post
blueices
post Mar 2 2005, 02:55 PM
Post #51

Yes i heard that too. I hope they use the same cast from Cardcaptor sakura and have cameos from the X/1999 and Cobits seiyuus

Syaoran, Yukito, and Toya's seiyuu's I especially want to hear again :::faints:::

If you watch Cardcaptor Sakura, you'll recognize Yukito's voice from a load of stuff.

Yukito's seiyuu was Shinji in Neon Genesis Evangelion, Sailor Uranus in Sailor Moon, also was in Getbackers (but as I have not seen that anime yet, I don't know which voice it was..)

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
DarkWarrior
post Mar 2 2005, 07:21 PM
Post #52

Citizen

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Dec 11 2004, 11:27 AM)
Chii is so overrated though

THANK YOU! I knew i wasn't alone in this world!

Ok about Clamp's work. I only read Chobits, CCS, some Tsubasa and Vol1 of XXX holic. I think their art is beautiful, especially in chobits. From what I have read, Clamp doesn't have the typical concept of "good vs evil" and the stories mostly revolves around love and trust. Yes I am not a gay pairing fan... but I try to not let that affect the story.

Ok something about chobits... I have recently finished reading it, and I didn't think it was AMAZING. Yes it was funny, so that made up for alot of cheesey romance. (Yeah I didn't like the pairing... they were too perfect for each other) Urgh, I found alot of pictures disturbing... I mean yeah the manga is probably for adult readers, but its just that Chi is supposed to be this innocent "child" but they draw her in sexy poses. I liked CCS though biggrin.gif the chemistry betweey syaran and sakura.

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Mar 3 2005, 07:05 AM
Post #53

Brigadier General

blue:
Thanks for the info! biggrin.gif
Yup, I've been meaning to read CCS for some time already.. apparenlty 10 vols are available at the library. Yay! biggrin.gif I still have to read X too..

DarkWarrior:
Hmm... You might be right about the typical "good" and "evil" thing... I also kind of think of the sides as just opposing, but mostly it's pretty easy to distinguish the "light" and dark". I like the concept in Magic Knight Rayearth, how there wasn't any actual good and evil at all. It's a little different in X though. tongue.gif
And about gay pairing.. tongue.gif In my opinion there's not enough of it. tongue.gif

I'm one of those naive readers who didn't find Chobits distrubing..tongue.gif
But I agree that Chi is cute, otherwise nothing special.. and I wasn't that much of a fan of the pairing. I was never really properly convinced that Chi's an actual person.. but I enjoyed the manga enough. smile.gif

--------------------
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
user posted image

+Quote Post
Fresh_Coffee
post Mar 3 2005, 03:18 PM
Post #54

Brigadier General

I don't think Chi is overrated I think she's cool and cute laugh.gif I never even know the whole time that it was called X/X 1999 I always thought it was XXX(that looks bad) anyway it was the first anime that introduced me to the world of Shounen-ai since ummm ya there was a lot of shounen-ai evident.

--------------------
<3'S2

Summer lovin<3

+Quote Post
blueices
post Mar 3 2005, 04:47 PM
Post #55

the X/1999 anime? Yeah...there's a memorable episode where Fuma pins Kamui against the wall and....

[blue's eyes glaze over and she loses her train of thought]

laugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
devhdz
post Mar 3 2005, 06:34 PM
Post #56

Citizen

Member No.: 6,557

QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Nov 27 2004, 05:31 AM)
Well, CLAMP is specialized in the shoujo-genre, so it isn't that surprising homo-pairings can be found in one of their manga. biggrin.gif

I only liked WISH, btw. So you could say I'm not really that much of a fan. But it's small and Kokuyo's just awesome. cool.gif ...... X3 Muwahahahahaha~ (<-- evil thoughts, don't ask)
[snapback]41388[/snapback]

I agree all the way. I got to say though it made it a whole lot more interesting and I totally love their art and I'm inlove with sakura. I thought the end was so romantic. After I read it I couldn't sleep and that is what I thought about for at least a week. I thought no one else would like it since it was kind of the girly type of manga but I adored it. I have to say that chobits caught me off guard at first but I say it's alright. Right now I started reading Angelic layer and Its also kind of girly and it's got a clisheik story but its very fun to read especially because of those twists that the writers like to add. [SIZE=7][COLOR=red]I"m In love with Clamp

+Quote Post
Fresh_Coffee
post Mar 3 2005, 07:11 PM
Post #57

Brigadier General

*tries to wake up Blue, it's not working* I was wondering Blue for CCS are you a SxS fan or a SxT fan? Tsubasa is so very interesting Fye is an interesting character and Mokona has stolen my heart again. He was so cute in Rayearth. Thanks so much Blue for telling me about Tsubasa *nods* Oh do we get to see Tomoyo again?

--------------------
<3'S2

Summer lovin<3

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Mar 4 2005, 09:59 AM
Post #58

Brigadier General

Oh gosh.. I soooo want to see to see X wink.gif (Yes, I'm working on it.. tongue.gif) I think I saw a pic of that scene with Fuma and Kamui, but it could have been something else too..
And oh, don't forget Subaru and Seishiro! biggrin.gif

--------------------
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
user posted image

+Quote Post
blueices
post Mar 4 2005, 11:03 AM
Post #59

QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ Mar 3 2005, 09:11 PM)
*tries to wake up Blue, it's not working* I was wondering Blue for CCS are you a SxS fan or a SxT fan? Tsubasa is so very interesting Fye is an interesting character and Mokona has stolen my heart again. He was so cute in Rayearth. Thanks so much Blue for telling me about Tsubasa *nods* Oh do we get to see Tomoyo again?
[snapback]126219[/snapback]

[Blue is shaken awake] laugh.gif

You mean Sakura/Syaoran and Sakura/Tomoyo right?
hmmm....I'm in love with syaoran so of course I have to say Sakura/Syaoran
but I feel so bad for poor Tomoyo... sad.gif Both in the anime and the manga, (the scene where she talks about being happy even though the person she loves doesn't return her feelings) makes me want to cry.

Tomoyo makes an appearance rather early in Tsubasa (hint: she's a Queen of a place that looks like ancient Japan and Kuru-puu works for her) tongue.gif

And yes Fye is awesome!
I'm a definite fan of the Fye/Kuru-puu pairing laugh.gif (I love the silly nicknames Fye uses!)

I just realized more X characters actually have appeared so far in Tsubasa I think 3 more to be precise (I won't spoil it for you though) wink.gif

QUOTE(Kihaku @ Mar 4 2005, 11:59 AM)
Oh gosh.. I soooo want to see to see X wink.gif (Yes, I'm working on it.. tongue.gif) I think I saw a pic of that scene with Fuma and Kamui, but it could have been something else too..
And oh, don't forget Subaru and Seishiro! biggrin.gif
[snapback]126529[/snapback]

That scene...its very S+M.... (quite a memorable moment, makes me want to watch the episode again...I'm guessing its around the 12th or 14th ep???)

Also, Kihaku, You'll be happy to hear that Subaru is one of the Characters that makes an appearance in Tsubasa happy.gif

[Blue's eyes begin to glaze over again] happy.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Mar 4 2005, 02:05 PM
Post #60

Brigadier General

Darn. I feel so out of the CCS discussion... Seems like everyone knows it. smile.gif
Ooh yay! Subaru is in Tsubasa too? That makes three Clamp manga series in which he plays a part. biggrin.gif

--------------------
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
user posted image

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 03:24 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css