HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
News & info on FMA "Sacred Star of Milos" movie on official JP site & around the web (Compiled "Movie Guide" on the first post..updated on Aug. 8, 2011) Please DO NOT post spoiler movie storyline here, If post contains movie spoiler discussions please post on SPOILER ZONE
Rating 5 V
S.F. Thunder
post Nov 14 2010, 10:18 AM
Post #31

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 71,177

I think the art style is very similar to the manga, and I like that. I don't think it'll be hard for me to get used to. As for its status as a filler, well, that's okay by me. I, personally, was very satisfied by the ending of the manga and I was hoping it wouldn't be a sequel; there's no real need for one.

As long as the story has some depth and isn't just a whole lot of action and Nazis, I think I'll like this movie. I'm definitely looking forward to watching it.

It's actually kind of interesting that it seems to have no ties to either anime...it's like its supposed to be a movie for the manga itself.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bay Alexison
post Nov 14 2010, 11:49 AM
Post #32

Citizen

Member No.: 75,822

QUOTE (S.F. Thunder @ Nov 14 2010, 09:18 AM) *
I think the art style is very similar to the manga, and I like that. I don't think it'll be hard for me to get used to. As for its status as a filler, well, that's okay by me. I, personally, was very satisfied by the ending of the manga and I was hoping it wouldn't be a sequel; there's no real need for one.

As long as the story has some depth and isn't just a whole lot of action and Nazis, I think I'll like this movie. I'm definitely looking forward to watching it.

It's actually kind of interesting that it seems to have no ties to either anime...it's like its supposed to be a movie for the manga itself.

Same here. I'll like the movie as long as the story is good and the characters are IC. Also, was thinking the same thing in that this seems to be a stand alone story of sorts, which is fine as I would like to see some side adventures the brothers went through.

--------------------
Image credit: suspecting (LJ)

+Quote Post
Alchemical
post Nov 14 2010, 12:14 PM
Post #33

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 44,852

Though I'd like a little more information, I have to say that I loved what I saw in the trailer, and that I am really, really excited. Maybe I'm all alone in my boat, but the wait for next summer is going to be a long one for me. D:

+Quote Post
Misty- Nala
post Nov 14 2010, 02:16 PM
Post #34

Apprentice

Member No.: 64,416

The trailer looks okay. It's very difficult to tell anything since it is so short. Art style... I dunno. It's not Brotherhood. Maybe more like a mix between the manga and Anime 1. Anime 1 is never a bad thing happy.gif

Despite what was shown in the opening, I don't believe Ed is going to be kidnapped. Of course, the fan girl in me would enjoy it tremendously but I don't think the writers will go for it.
Yet, if that "forbidden bonds" is a correct translation then it can very much be about Ed being kidnapped. Maybe it will be a Roy/Ed parental *shudders at the mere thought*. I really don't want to be forming any theories on the limited basis we have. I'm only happy to say Romi is going to be Edward once again ( she is never going to able to wear off the mark of being Edward Elric, poor girl).

I just hope this isn't going to be a major let-down like Brotherhood was.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Blue Sky
post Nov 14 2010, 02:28 PM
Post #35

Citizen

Member No.: 75,068

I admit that I was a little disappointed at first, since I was hoping for a movie that tied into the manga somehow, but now I'm thinking this kind of stand-alone story is probably the better way to go - this way it can appeal to fans of any adaptation and even non-fans can see it and not be spoiled or confused.

Personally, I'm not a really big fan of anime-only fillers, since this can sometimes lead to things that would not be really possible in the FMA universe or just things that don't really "fit". Don't get me wrong though, I'm still excited and I'm hoping it'll be great. I agree that as long as there's some depth, scenarios that fit into the FMA world, that it's not just about the action, and everyone's in character and all that, I think I'll like it.

For a minute I thought that this would take place in the anime1 universe, since the style looks a lot like the first anime, but it also looks a bit like a blend of the manga/Brotherhood too. I guess it's another way to appeal to the fans of both, to make it look like it could be a part of either one.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but does anyone know what the text under the "Introduction" on the official site says?

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Nov 14 2010, 02:38 PM
Post #36

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 59,111

QUOTE (Blue Sky @ Nov 15 2010, 12:28 AM) *
I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but does anyone know what the text under the "Introduction" on the official site says?

Here's the translation:

http://amber1003.deviantart.com/journal/36250171

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
RaphieL
post Nov 16 2010, 12:03 AM
Post #37

Citizen

Member No.: 69,755

My most honest opinion: I love how this movie looks.

Yeah, it's not what we expected, but it's not bad either. I mean, Yeah there's been like 6 versions of the same story already but having a spin-off/seperate series wouldn't be bad. And who knows, remember this? CoS kinda looked the same.

Yeah.

--------------------

Hagane no reinkinjutsushi Fullmetal alchemist 2001-2010

+Quote Post
His Name is Unkn...
post Nov 17 2010, 09:01 PM
Post #38

Apprentice

Member No.: 40,795

Just finished watching the trailer.

...can't say it stuck me as either horrible or exceptional, despite the fact that unlike some posters on this thread, I have no objections to a midquel plot line. Honestly, my enjoyment of this movie will depend almost entirely on its execution. We all know the source material is worthwhile, but if the feature film continues the jokey tone and (to me) jarringly vivid art style of Brotherhood, I will be disappointed.

I loved the anime one and CoS for their beautiful, minimalist, art style and mature direction, and while I continue to hope for a return to form with this film, my excitement toward the project has reached an all-time low. Gone are the days when bearing the the brand name Fullmetal was a guarantee of quality and depth. Brotherhood, and to a lesser extent, the end of Arakawa's manga, have inflicted irreparable harm to my perception of this series and its characters. As such, my expectations for this project will remain low. sleep.gif

+Quote Post
FMAobsessed
post Nov 18 2010, 07:48 PM
Post #39

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 52,558

I thought the trailer looked interesting. But I want more information. I do think a midquel has potentail. Especially if the writer and director are passoniate about the project, and not just making the movie for money.

+Quote Post
EdokunEdo
post Nov 21 2010, 05:08 PM
Post #40

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,434

Am i the only one who cant see the trailer on the site?

--------------------
"Sup" - Cry

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Nov 22 2010, 09:37 AM
Post #41

QUOTE (EdokunEdo @ Nov 22 2010, 03:08 AM) *

Youtube link for HQ version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yktkh0eoqM&hd=1

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Nov 22 2010, 04:20 PM
Post #42

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Nov 22 2010, 12:37 PM) *
QUOTE (EdokunEdo @ Nov 22 2010, 03:08 AM) *
Youtube link for HQ version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yktkh0eoqM&hd=1

^ Thank you, Kasumisty! Finally, I cam watch it much easily, and in HQ! biggrin.gif

Added to the compiled info pile on the first post. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Dec 10 2010, 05:50 AM
Post #43

http://www.hagaren-movie.net/news/index.html

A characters section has been added to the official site:

http://www.hagaren-movie.net/#/character

Only Edward's and Alphonse's profiles so far.

http://www.hagaren-movie.net/#/character/Edward (he looks so angry all the time...he is either frowning or evily grinning on all the shots, lol)
http://www.hagaren-movie.net/#/character/Alphonse

I hope a new teaser/trailer would be released soon. I'm hoping for one on Sunday (a month after the first one)

EDIT: Shounen Gangan scans posted by Hilary on Tieba Baidu (some may not be connected to the movie itself)

http://img573.imageshack.us/g/piczwp69q.jpg/

EDIT2: Newtype scans from Tieba Baidu: http://pl.tinypic.com/useralbum.php?ua=ER2...amp;sort=oldest
(Warning! Scans there include one pic that is Series Final Spoiler for FMA manga)

--------------------

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
Vanity of Misery
post Dec 15 2010, 05:43 PM
Post #44

Citizen

Member No.: 75,827

OMG!! I can't wait to see it!!!! I'm sooo happpy now x33

the trailer is a little strange, but I like the bats xDDD

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif smile.gif

+Quote Post
hilary
post Mar 25 2011, 11:04 PM
Post #45

FMA Information Liaison

Member No.: 48,256

http://www.hagaren-movie.net/

the website had changed!!!!!!!!
new tralier!!!!!!!!

--------------------
just call me --> hil~ o w o

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2016 - 08:49 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css