HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Juushin Enbu (獣神演武, Hero Tales), Story by Chinese author, artworks by Hiromu Arakawa
Tombow
post Oct 12 2006, 08:59 PM
Post #1

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Juushin Enbu (Hero Tales) 2006 - 2010

Attached File  HeroTaleMangaVol1.png ( 1.94MB ) Number of downloads: 5

Plot Summary: Taitou, a young man living in ancient China, is the prophesied seventh star of the Hokuto (Big Dipper ). He must travel with his sister Laila and his friend Ryuukou to retrieve a sword and discover his destiny.

Genre(s): Genres: action, adventure, comedy, fantasy
(Source - ANN)

I'm wondering... Arakara-sensei's the other story, Juu shin Enbu will start (this one is a series) October 21st, with the GanGan Powered magazine...
Any news on this one anywhere?? unsure.gif

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Oct 12 2006, 10:49 PM
Post #2

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,257

QUOTE(Tombow @ Oct 12 2006, 08:59 PM) [snapback]459094[/snapback]

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Oct 12 2006, 11:22 PM) [snapback]459083[/snapback]
I've been thinking...what are the chances of an Arakawa side-story compilation? You know, a tankobon with STRAY DOG, all three (four) chapters of Shanghai, Bat in a Blue Sky, etc. Otherwise I doubt we'll see any of them state-side.
Yeah, that will be nice!!! I'll buy it!! biggrin.gif

I'm wondering... Arakara-sensei's the other story, Juu shin Enbu will start (this one is a series) October 21st, with the GanGan Powered magazine...
Any news on this one anywhere?? unsure.gif

Not that I know of. I'll use LJ to keep you guys in the link, seeing as they tend to know this stuff even before we do.

--------------------
Attention Manga Lust fans:
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

My LiveJournal, because I'm a closet conformist

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Oct 13 2006, 08:59 AM
Post #3

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

Also here is info on Arakawa's new series from the Arakawa LJ community. It's not locked so anyone can view it.

http://community.livejournal.com/bos_taurus/11254.html

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Oct 13 2006, 01:34 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Thanks Kirara for the link!!
The new series is looking good so far, and I'm looking forward to reading it!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Oct 13 2006, 03:22 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(Tombow @ Oct 13 2006, 01:34 PM) [snapback]459295[/snapback]

The new series is looking good so far, and I'm looking forward to reading it!! biggrin.gif

I'm not feeling to good on this one. The main character looks too plain, to generic. Looks like the kid from Shanghai grown up.

--------------------
Lust is dead. Finished. Kaput. Joined the Choir Invisible. Roy Mustang incinerated her repeatedly until her Philosopher's Stone dried up and dissolved into nothingness ("Mu" for you Japanese cultural enthusiasts). And she will remain killed off, written out of the plot. Greed was reincarnated because Father saved his Philosopher's Stone and had a guinea pig on hand. Lust is gone. Stop trying to play God with the plot line and bring her back at every possibly junction.
In the event that Hiromu Arakawa can skillfully maneuver around this narrative plot hole, I will eat my words with a pinch of salt.
Nepharski - Our first, last, and hopeful not only line of defense against bad Homunculi theories.

+Quote Post
Sensenic
post Oct 13 2006, 04:33 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 11,694

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Oct 14 2006, 12:22 AM) [snapback]459336[/snapback]

I'm not feeling to good on this one. The main character looks too plain, to generic. Looks like the kid from Shanghai grown up.

Second that.

Not only the main character, this series is giving out a feeling of "too standard a shounen" to me that I don't like. But certainly it's way too early to judge happy.gifU I just commented this because this was the reason "souten..." looked better at first to me and why I was a little bit disappointed when I knew it'd be (and most certainly was) only a one-shot.

But, whatever, shall we just apply the ol' wise saying: "wait and see" happy.gif

--------------------
貧乳神・・・

+Quote Post
Sensenic
post Oct 24 2006, 04:38 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 11,694

QUOTE(Sensenic @ Oct 14 2006, 01:33 AM) [snapback]459376[/snapback]

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Oct 14 2006, 12:22 AM) [snapback]459336[/snapback]

Second that.

Not only the main character, this series is giving out a feeling of "too standard a shounen" to me that I don't like. But certainly it's way too early to judge happy.gifU I just commented this because this was the reason "souten..." looked better at first to me and why I was a little bit disappointed when I knew it'd be (and most certainly was) only a one-shot.

But, whatever, shall we just apply the ol' wise saying: "wait and see" happy.gif

Well, I waited, and I saw.
A completely standard shounen to me, most certainly. So far, that is. Plain and generic, yes.

Anyway, here's the RAW for Juushin Enbu (Hero Tales):

Sendspace: http://www.sendspace.com/file/pudflp
Megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JGPZ3TC5

Thanks be given to kasumicc, from the bos_taurus Livejournal Community. happy.gif

--------------------
貧乳神・・・

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Oct 24 2006, 01:02 PM
Post #8

*Flips through.*

Generic hero, generic unstoppable-god-mode-turn-on, generic mystic sword. Granted, for what it is, it's not bad, per se, but we've seen this so many times, I would have trusted Arakawa to come up with something more original, or at least uniquely stylized. Main character aside, though, character design isn't that standerdized...sort of.

Bat in a Blue sky was so perfect. Should've left that as the series and this as the one shot. Ah, well, best laid plans.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Oct 24 2006, 01:17 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

^^ Thanks, Sensenic for the link!!
*goes to labor on DLing with my slow connection" biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
paca
post Oct 24 2006, 01:48 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 34,936

Sensenic! Thank for the link!!! Thanks~~~!!!!
*starts downloading*

--------------------
......if you continue to wish with that strength, the dream will become reality.........

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Oct 24 2006, 04:40 PM
Post #11

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

*still downloading*

Note that this series, Hero Tales, is not original by Arakawa Hiromu. It says on the picture that it is originally done by some Chinese guy named 黃金周 (Huang Jin Zhou).

*continues to wait for download to complete*

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Oct 24 2006, 04:53 PM
Post #12

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

*reads* Hmm the story itself is rather stereotype, I agree... and since it's not Arakawa's original work, personally I am not expecting too much out of it, but I will still keep on reading happy.gif

I believe that even if Arakawa has some really original idea that she may want to insert into the story... (or even wants to change the ending), she may not be able to... since after all, it's not her own story to begin with... but then of cuz I have no idea~ Who knows~ I have never seen the original story before~ XD;;

As for this story itself, I will have to read more to decide whether or not it's worth buying....

(It seems the girl and the guy are siblings... she called him "Aniki"... and that guy reminds me of Ed, lol.)

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Nepharski
post Oct 24 2006, 05:57 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Oct 24 2006, 04:53 PM) [snapback]464774[/snapback]

*reads* Hmm the story itself is rather stereotype, I agree... and since it's not Arakawa's original work, personally I am not expecting too much out of it, but I will still keep on reading happy.gif

I believe that even if Arakawa has some really original idea that she may want to insert into the story... (or even wants to change the ending), she may not be able to... since after all, it's not her own story to begin with... but then of cuz I have no idea~ Who knows~ I have never seen the original story before~ XD;;

As for this story itself, I will have to read more to decide whether or not it's worth buying....

(It seems the girl and the guy are siblings... she called him "Aniki"... and that guy reminds me of Ed, lol.)

Ah, well, that's a relief.

--------------------

+Quote Post
CSakuraS
post Nov 5 2006, 04:04 PM
Post #14

Apprentice

Member No.: 10,793

I'm gonna go ahead and point out that I did a translation of the first Juushin Enbu chapter.

http://community.livejournal.com/bos_taurus/12793.html

--------------------

ZOMG FRUIT TREE ALCHEMISTS!

Check out my Seven Deadly Sins Chart to dispel manga vs. anime confusion!

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Nov 5 2006, 09:23 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE(CSakuraS @ Nov 5 2006, 07:04 PM) [snapback]470392[/snapback]
I'm gonna go ahead and point out that I did a translation of the first Juushin Enbu chapter.

http://community.livejournal.com/bos_taurus/12793.html
@CSakuraS - You're a goddess!! Thank you!!! *hugs!!*

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 09:05 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css