Reply to this topicStart new topic
Gravitation Fans?
Sycia
post Nov 27 2004, 06:53 AM
Post #16

Emeritus: Japanese News Liaison

Group: Members
Member No.: 851

Kaseshi-chan: ^_^ Since Gravitation was one of the first anime I ever watched (and it being the first yaoi one ever), I was feeling uncomfortable watching it at first. But then I started imaginging Shuuichi to be a girl... ^_^;;;;;;; The rest is history~

--------------------
<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>いずみ 「生きていれば、いつか命は尽きて、肉体は土に還り、
その上で草花を咲かせる。魂は想いと言う糧となり、人々の
心に生き続ける。世のあらゆる物は流れ、循環している。」
</span>

- Emeritus: Japanese News Liaison -
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Nov 27 2004, 08:47 AM
Post #17

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 330

laugh.gif Imagining him to be a girl isn't that difficult, seeing he likes to crossdress. tongue.gif

So, you still don't like any shonen-ai pairing from this anime?

--------------------
:: King of Shonen-ai ::
:: - Sister to Prinz_Zoisit ::

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Nov 27 2004, 09:49 AM
Post #18

Brigadier General

Member No.: 1,360

Oh, Sycia you found Gravitation touching! *hugs Sycia* I thought so too, and I started liking shonen-ai quite a lot after that.... guess it wasn't the same in your case, but I'm glad that you could enjoy it even though you're not a fan of shonen-ai. I think there are some guys who like it too..*tries to remember* Must be the music tongue.gif Nah, it's a real fun series with crazy humour(although the manga beats it) so quite many would enjoy it if they have nothing against shonen-ai.

Kase:Yay! you came here! But you didn't have as much to say as in the shonen-ai, thread tongue.gif Ah, have to resist the urge of getting the scanlated manga... I just have to wait and read it as a book tongue.gif What happened to your ep 13???
And WHY does Ken-chan get left out? It's ASK! ASK sticks together through thick and thin! *fist in the air*
Hmm... yeah, I didn't fancy the style of the OVA's either... so dark and wierd.. I think. Wasn't the OVA done before the actual series, by the way?

Oh, and my brother wouldn't believe that Shuichi was a boy... he started feeling sick when I told him so. Whatever he's told though, he'll never see him as a guy(not that he watches Gravi, he totally loathes it even though he hasn't seen a single ep) Shuichi will remain a girl. tongue.gif I actually though Fujisaki was a girl... got kind of a shock there, but got over it then.. tongue.gif

--------------------
The Delirious Dreamy Airhead
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
An Open-Minded Perv & Member of G.O.O.P
user posted image
Here's the thread for you s-ai/yaoi fans:Shounen-ai Fans Unite!

+Quote Post
Guest_Lime-chan_*
post Nov 27 2004, 10:50 AM
Post #19

Guests

ooo!! I love both the manga and the anime ^^*is a Ryuuichi fan*...oh yea is there anyway I can join this forum?

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Nov 27 2004, 11:00 AM
Post #20

Brigadier General

Oh a Ryuichi fan! That is so great! He's my absolute fave! (but Tatsuha is close second)... Um you can join the forum by registering. You see at least on the main page login and register, so you just click that. Sorry that I can't explain better...

--------------------
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
user posted image

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Nov 27 2004, 04:39 PM
Post #21

Moderator Emeritus

laugh.gif Sorry, but I never feel comfortabe repeating myself to the letter. I'd do it hear though, just for you. ^.^ Maybe there will be other ASK fans turning up in the future too. *__* It would be my dream come true.

Hmm, I don't know if the OAV got finished before the series. blink.gif It did? I only know the producer/director was the same guy who directed Excel Saga and that's why you see Mr. Nobunaga in the OAV. laugh.gif The guy with the afro who introduced Touma at the Blue Bay (?) Festival. I love him. Hahaha~

And I don't understand why so many people disliked the OAV. I didn't... and I'm not even a real fan. They said the jokes weren't "all that". I enjoyed myself immensely, especially with Yuki's performance with Tatsuha's voodoo doll. laugh.gif Yuki's so hilarious - the way he comments in those dry tones of his.

biggrin.gif I'm sleep-deprived, I shouldn't talk.

And I don't think you could've explained better, Kihaku. That's really all there is to it if you wanna register. I was kinda waiting for you to, since I've seen your name popping up quite a few times already, Lime-chan. smile.gif

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Sycia
post Nov 28 2004, 01:32 AM
Post #22

Emeritus: Japanese News Liaison

Member No.: 851

Kihaku: : ) I'm quite open about homosexuality, just that I'm not crazy about it. After all the anime was sweet and funny~

--------------------
<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>いずみ 「生きていれば、いつか命は尽きて、肉体は土に還り、
その上で草花を咲かせる。魂は想いと言う糧となり、人々の
心に生き続ける。世のあらゆる物は流れ、循環している。」
</span>

- Emeritus: Japanese News Liaison -

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Nov 28 2004, 12:18 PM
Post #23

Brigadier General

Kase: repeating yourself? Huh? Oh, but anyways... I'm a person who repeats herself all the time, mostly because most people have already forgotten what I've said anyway tongue.gif
Yup, go ASK! But my favourite band from the three in the series is Nittle Grasper tongue.gif Sorry. I just adore Ryuichi!
What? Some guy is from Excel saga? haven't seen that though..(Excel saga I mean) I think I saw somewhere that the OVA was released before the series... wierd, since it seems more of sequel to me.
I really like the OVA too. Ah the voodoo doll part laugh.gif Ah, how I wish that Tatsuha had been successful with that tongue.gif
It's just that I didn't like the art as much as in the TV series.
It actually seems to be more like from the earlier mangas???? And the series seems like the art from the later ones.. still I kind of prefer Shuichi as a little more "masculine" but I love the later art more tongue.gif

Sycia: Oh, that's good biggrin.gif Yay for open mindness! Crazy about it? What... we're crazy about it? Hides giant blinking banner that says "It's okay to be Gay!"

--------------------
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
user posted image

+Quote Post
sasuki_604
post Nov 28 2004, 08:22 PM
Post #24

Apprentice

Member No.: 2,656

Hmm...I think the OVA was done before the eps.
I really like how the OVA brings out Tatsuha's obsessiveness! laugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image

Roy is always the centre of attention.

+Quote Post
EmoSushi
post Nov 29 2004, 01:54 PM
Post #25

Citizen

Member No.: 1,821

Gravitation was my first dip into the pool that was shonen-ai. It kinda creeped me out to begin with, don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-gay, it was just something different at the time ya know? Anyways, my fave characters have gotta be Ryu and Tatsu (I'm lazy, I don wanna type the rest of their names sleep.gif) Especially Ryu, he's friggin hilarious! "Sparkly sparkly Shuichi!!" blahaha laugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Nov 30 2004, 07:18 AM
Post #26

Brigadier General

Hmm... I wonder why they decided to make a series after the OVA? And the Ova didn't really have much ti do with the priginal manga...
Yeah, teenagers can get so obsessive tongue.gif *pats Tatsuha on the head*

EmoSushi: And since they're your favourite characters, you like to pair them with each other, right? Right? *pleading eyes*. That's how it's with me anyway..
See the logic: Yuki and Tatsuha are almost like twins and the same goes with Shuichi and Ryuichi tongue.gif Oh, so cute...
Although I love the "logic" of the show too... Yuki and Tatsuha are 6-7 years apart and Shuichi and Ryuichi 12 years... Twins... tongue.gif
Oh, and yeah I understand you about feeling a bit wierd about confronting something like that when you're not familiar with it. With me.. I almost became anti-gay (like a long time ago with all the Digimon yaoi stuff)... but I'm happy I didn't!
*takes out banner*

--------------------
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
user posted image

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Nov 30 2004, 07:35 AM
Post #27

Moderator Emeritus

Hmm, the OAV seems more like a summary of the entire plot to me (without ASK dammit! tongue.gif) which leaves out certain parts... But it wouldn't be so strange to see an OAV airing before the actual series. Maybe the OAV got the manga famous and so they decided to add a series. biggrin.gif

Excel Saga is one of the most random anime I've ever seen. biggrin.gif If you're in for random, chaoticness and a good laugh Excel Saga's the anime for you. Or Puni Puni Poemi OR FLCL, I guess. Haven't seen those two yet, but...

Back top topic: ..... uh... whu...? blink.gif Um.... so many (Tatsuha/)Ryuichi fans. biggrin.gif;;

(Better than Shuichi, I guess... *ducks just in case* ph34r.gif)

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Dec 1 2004, 11:42 AM
Post #28

Brigadier General

Oh, yes! Why wasn't ASK included in the OVA? Well.. I don't know if it was a summary (sure there was the part about Shuichi meeting Yuki) It had otherwise its own plot... But yes. I suppose because of the popularity, they decided to make the series(just guessing). Although they could have waited a little.. till the manga was finished for example.

Oh yes, many TatsuhaxRyuichi fans! *evil laughter'. Or it just seems like it, becuaue I have the names Tatsuha & Ryuichi in nearly all my posts!
Yes, and it's better than Shuichi. Wait. Did you mean better than Tatsuha x Shuichi or Yuki x Shuichi?

*keeps Excel Saga in mind*

--------------------
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
user posted image

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Dec 1 2004, 06:36 PM
Post #29

Moderator Emeritus

I meant better than YukixShuichi. ph34r.gif Tatsuha and Shuichi...?

Uh, off-topic here: I'll have a better reply for both this thread and the Anime/Manga Pairings tomorrow. -.- I have to get up early and it's already past 2 AM now, so...

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
sasuki_604
post Dec 2 2004, 12:50 AM
Post #30

Apprentice

Member No.: 2,656

I don't think the OVA have anything to do with the anime.

Tatsuha and Shuichi? Now there's a thought.
But I rather stick with Yuki and Shuichi.

--------------------
user posted image

Roy is always the centre of attention.

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th June 2016 - 04:20 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css