Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Letters to the Japanese Embassy, You're letters to show you have hope for Japan
ScarMySoul
post Mar 15 2011, 10:08 AM
Post #1

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 36,754

I came up with this idea yesterday in light of a few things that I saw on Deviant Art.

As you all know, Japan was hit with a massive 8.9 magnitude earthquake and as a result it created a 30 foot Tsunami that wiped out the town of Sendai and many others in the Miyagi Prefecture. Over 3000 people have died and in one town alone 10,000 are still unaccounted for.

What I have in mind, and yes it involved all of you, is to create a book full of everyone's thoughts and feelings about the disaster in Japan. You can include pictures if you'd like just please post them with your letter! Once the book is complete, I will post each page on here so you can see the result before I send it to the Japanese Ambassador Ichiro Fujisaki in Washington DC at the Japanese Embassy.

This is at the most all we can do to show that people are constantly thinking about the well being of the people that are caught up in this disaster.

Feel free to start posting your letters today. The deadline to get your letters in is by April 30th 2011.

Note: It is perfectly okay to submit your letter in English, since being an Embassy established in the USA, English is pretty much a requirement smile.gif

At the end of your letter, please if you can (optional), just post your name (NO LAST NAME) your age, and what country you're from.

Together we can show that people from all over the world can come together to give hope to people facing hard times.

When you're letter is ready, please post it here in the forum. DO NOT post anything other than what you want to have put in the letter collection. If you have any questions, please send me, ScarMySoul a PM. Thanks! smile.gif

--------------------------

This is the Cover. smile.gif

--------------------------

QUOTE (EdokunEdo @ Mar 15 2011, 06:31 PM) *
Do we just post the letter as a reply on this thread?

Yes, just post your letter here. I will combine them together as I receive them here.

NOTE: If there are any more questions, please send them by PM to ScarMySoul. Thanks smile.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2016 - 04:32 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css