Roy Fans!
Fullmetal Fangir...
post Mar 12 2005, 11:35 PM
Post #736

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,336

I was just thinking, you know how there was this um funny ep, episode 37

it was kinda based on Roy and his gang only, they should do somemore of those random stories, maybe we should make up what kinda stuff happens in those eps, just a thought tongue.gif

--------------------
Currently empty because of Fullmetal Fangirls lazy-ness. She is currently in "stage" of lazy-ness.

No release date for a new signature yet. Please standby.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Queen of the dam...
post Mar 13 2005, 12:27 AM
Post #737

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 511

He's good at impersonating people too!!! [SPOILER] Like in chapter 45 of the manga were he fakes Scar!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif [/SPOILER]

--------------------
We live and then we die. This in inevitable. What you do when you live is up to you.

+Quote Post
Toby-Chan
post Mar 13 2005, 07:41 PM
Post #738

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 3,284

I'd say Roy is very cool in all his aspect. I guess if I had to put it in order...

Angsty Roy>Silly Roy> Elric-Fraternal-Figure Roy> Kick-butt Roy> Smug Manipulative SOB Roy (But he's cool too)

[spoiler]I guess 'Goo-goo over hawkeye-Roy fits in there somewhere too. tongue.gif[/spoiler]

--------------------

+Quote Post
Quistis88
post Mar 13 2005, 08:39 PM
Post #739

Executive Officer (Spam Assassin)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 16

Topic merged with "Roy the Melting Pot."

--------------------
SINCERELY,
Quistis
(Forum Spam Assassin, Vice-Mother, and Queen of the Grammar Police)

This sentence says something else when you're not looking.

+Quote Post
Guest_Unregistered Roy Fan_*
post Mar 14 2005, 07:18 AM
Post #740

Guests

QUOTE(Kasumi @ Feb 18 2005, 03:35 PM)
Yup, I have revived this thread! biggrin.gif
I've noticed a bunch of random Roy threads have been springing up lately, so hopefully, the revival of this thread will help slow it down? huh.gif

Anyway, everyone, look at this!
http://img212.exs.cx/img212/4717/ryoko0518...1105114357d.jpg

^It's a Roy alarm clock!
[snapback]116888[/snapback]

OMG!!!!! I have to have that alarm clock. cool.gif

+Quote Post
Queen of the dam...
post Mar 14 2005, 08:15 AM
Post #741

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 511

QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Mar 14 2005, 02:41 AM)
I'd say Roy is very cool in all his aspect.  I guess if I had to put it in order...

Angsty Roy>Silly Roy> Elric-Fraternal-Figure Roy> Kick-butt Roy> Smug Manipulative SOB Roy (But he's cool too)

[spoiler]I guess 'Goo-goo over hawkeye-Roy fits in there somewhere too.  tongue.gif[/spoiler]
[snapback]132389[/snapback]

Oh yes, that is certainly there.. biggrin.gif

--------------------
We live and then we die. This in inevitable. What you do when you live is up to you.

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Apr 15 2005, 12:14 PM
Post #742

Brigadier General

Member No.: 1,360

QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Mar 13 2005, 07:41 PM)
I'd say Roy is very cool in all his aspect. I guess if I had to put it in order...

[spoiler]I guess 'Goo-goo over hawkeye-Roy fits in there somewhere too. tongue.gif[/spoiler]
[snapback]132389[/snapback]

Yup, same for me.. although I'd put the Kick-butt Roy first.. but otherwise the same wink.gif. Hmm... the ladies man Roy.. would be well... before the manipulative one tongue.gif (yes, I still like that.. it's charming tongue.gif)
Ah, such a multi-dimensional character...

--------------------
The Delirious Dreamy Airhead
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
An Open-Minded Perv & Member of G.O.O.P
user posted image
Here's the thread for you s-ai/yaoi fans:Shounen-ai Fans Unite!

+Quote Post
POTOPHREAK
post Jun 1 2005, 05:55 AM
Post #743

Alchemists

Member No.: 13,044

I was using the search engine to find the Roy fan thread... and ah, I've found it.

Roy's (with First Lt. Hawkeye) my fave character in FMA. He's cool, he's hot, he's smart, he's kick-ass...
Sorry if my post looks stupid, or stiff, or watever. Just trying to, as the topic suggests, reply as a Roy fan ^^;;

--------------------
user posted image
Urahara and Yoruichi
Sorry if my coloring stinks and hurts your eyes or sth.

+Quote Post
NightMistress
post Jun 1 2005, 03:40 PM
Post #744

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 10,212

This post will be lengthy. I remember this thread vaguely when I first joined but I forgot to check it out. I sifted through all of the pages (and after sifting through 140 something pages of that Hawkeye x Roy thread anything else is a cake walk). Anyways, I love Roy. He's so badass with those flames. He also has a good heart and means well. He's a bit of a perv when it comes to the ladies, but you can't ask for perfection. I love also that he has his faults. That makes him more like your average Joe, eventhough we know he is anything but.

I, like the majority, prefer the anime Roy look to the manga Roy look. Roy is still hott enough in the manga though. Not to mention, you can always imagine him as the anime Roy. I do respect that the manga is the original though.

As for pairings, I got the thinking of pairings for Roy and I wouldn't mind reading a RoyLust fanfic or seeing a fanart just to get a feel for how they would work. Those are extremely scarce if they exist at all. Has anybody seen one?

I love seeing him paired with Hughes. The fanart and fanfics are just awesome. this is probably my fave fanart of them (it's shounen ai): http://www.livejournal.com/users/ponderosa...html?style=mine
I'm just a sucker for vunerability.

I'm a Royai fan above all though (which you all probably know by now). I'm more obsessed with this pairing than any other. I usually always go for pairings where it's hinted in the plot that something's there. Not to mention, his relationship with her I think is beautiful. They know what the other feels without even asking. They are both protective of each other. And she keeps him check. He wouldn't be where he got without her support by her hard work and complete loyalty. She gets jealous when he's around other girls (or talks about it) and he gets jealous when Barry's around her. I don't see him getting bored with her. He probably would be bored with those other girls who just get googley eyed looking at him. Riza goes deeper than that. He's gotta settle down sometime. Nevertheless, she's tough and full of suprises [spoiler]like that time she swept him up in the rain[/spoiler]

There aren't too many people around like me that like both pairings though sad.gif
At least there are plenty around that love Roy regardless biggrin.gif

As for Roy's virginity, I doubt he's a virgin (but I think Riza is). I think a one night stand is possible even because he drinks (especially during the Ishbal War time). He also seems like quite the expert with women (like in ep 37) and usually men are experts(or at least think they are) when they've slept around a time or two. All of the girls swooning over Roy are like groupies and we know groupies can be quite easy.

I still have yet to hear the song files (and that rar in this thread is expired) but I will eventually.

--------------------
Forum siblings: zarpia (my not so big sis) Fullmetal Fangirl (my very much so lil sis) ~FMAgurl~ (another very much so lil sis) MustEd4ever (another very lil sis) Drina (lil sis)

+Quote Post
Mustang's Ap...
post Jun 2 2005, 05:02 AM
Post #745

Apprentice

Member No.: 12,032

Roy's my favorite character!!

I like him because he's arrogant, flirtatious, an awesome fighter, has a cool attitude, and he knows what he's doing. He wants to be put on top and will never give up.

He's one of the coolest characters!!

--------------------
Forum Family
Sisters:~.:Anime_Gal:.~,Jen Elric,~FMAgurl~,zarpia
Little Sister:Phyco girl,chocolate_eds_everywhere
Pet Guinea Pig:Fullmetal Fangirl

Want to join my forum family?PM me.

+Quote Post
Kasumi
post Jun 3 2005, 02:03 PM
Post #746

Brigadier General

Member No.: 135

It's nice to see this thread revived. biggrin.gif
Roy is a really complex character. On the surface, he's the manipulative and ruthless bastard who'd do anything for a promotion, but when anyone close to him is in danger, he'd do everything to protect them. That was what attracted me to Roy in the first place. wink.gif

@NightMistress: Yay! A lengthy post. I like reading lengthy posts. XD

About RoyxLust fanfics, I've seen a few on ff.net and one at a LJ community (The Sanctuary: Mustangism). You might want to poke around there if you want to read them, but as I never read any of those fics, I don't know if they're any good or not.

And I've got a link to the Roy Mustang Character Song File (have to use BT though), so if you want, I could post it. Or I suppose I could always upload it to yousendit.com...

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
NightMistress
post Jun 3 2005, 03:16 PM
Post #747

State Alchemist (Major)

thanks for the heads up on the fics! Now that there's a character filter at ff.net, it will be slightly easier to find (though I'm sure it doesn't filter everything).

I think I'm a member of mustangism so now I really need to sift.

I'd love to hear the songfile if you can upload it. Thanks! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Forum siblings: zarpia (my not so big sis) Fullmetal Fangirl (my very much so lil sis) ~FMAgurl~ (another very much so lil sis) MustEd4ever (another very lil sis) Drina (lil sis)

+Quote Post
Kasumi
post Jun 3 2005, 04:20 PM
Post #748

Brigadier General

Member No.: 135

Here are the songs:

Tsuki no Uragawa
http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=04UHV49...9L25PZRPFAXKWOW

Shounen yo, Shinjiru Nakama yo
http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0WO6N4L...HU18E06UYHWUVXT

Ame no Hi wa No Thank You
http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2DBGTQ7...R52A8LMDMBGTV8A

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
NightMistress
post Jun 3 2005, 07:13 PM
Post #749

State Alchemist (Major)

OMG Thank you thank you thank you!

Roy's voice actually IS pretty good! I like the first song a lot. Riza's voice is about as good as a lot of Japanese stars I've heard. Hearing these songs makes me want to see a video for these songs or something with the characters. They should make an FMA musical or something.

--------------------

+Quote Post
POTOPHREAK
post Jun 3 2005, 08:01 PM
Post #750

Alchemists

Member No.: 13,044

Kasumi, how am I gonna thank you enough!? Thank you sooooooooooooooooo much!! I love all the voices of the original Japanese dub, especially Roy and Riza.
I think I am the only one who likes the manga Roy more? I agree that he looks better in the anime, but I think the manga Roy has a little more depth... for some reason.
About the Roy pairings, I am a huge Royai fan, but I see some potential in LustXRoy. As for RoyXHughes... frankly, I am not a fan of yaoi at all. Perhaps it's because I havent' even heard of yaoi/yuri before till like a few months ago = =; Yet I think RoyXHughes seem a little more... reasonable than RoyXEd. Anyways, I support Royai and ever shall be.
And about Roy's virginality. I say he is not. A virgin, I mean. Maybe Riza is, but I don't think Roy is... rolleyes.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Urahara and Yoruichi
Sorry if my coloring stinks and hurts your eyes or sth.

+Quote Post

53 Pages V  « < 48 49 50 51 52 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2016 - 08:09 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css