post Nov 22 2004, 10:58 AM
Post #1

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,656

<Edited the part of thread title from "?" to "!" 02/25/07 ~Tombow>

Hi everybody,
I'm new to this forum so I don't really know my way round. lol
So I thought I post a new topic and what better topic to post than of Roy?

Anyway, Anybody a fan of Roy here?
(He's uber hot; of course everybody luvs him!)

If so, why do you like him?

--------------------
user posted image

Roy is always the centre of attention.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
53 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
Kihaku
post Nov 22 2004, 11:34 AM
Post #2

Brigadier General

Member No.: 1,360

Yay! Welcome! Although I probably shouldn't be the one saying it, because I'm kind of new too tongue.gif . Anyway... I would be counted as a Roy-fangirl, although I'm not currently in that "mode". Certain people/things tend to make my powers react tongue.gif . Anyways... I'm surprised if a topic on Roy hasn't been here before, because he is just the hottest character in FMA! And hah.. I don't just mean his powers (fire) and good looks biggrin.gif it's his attitude and personality; his unselfishness, loyalty, how he cares about those close to him, his overprotectiveness over Ed&Al(been influenced by someone here), how dedicated he is(despite his urm...laziness). He has this "cool and effective" aura over him that makes certain people go crazy tongue.gif ... and he and Riza complete each other biggrin.gif . Even though he's a serious character, he too has his.. urm.. weird/funny sides tongue.gif
And yeah... :he looks hot in his uniform and even without a shirt! *goes into fangirl mode again*

Oh, remember to vote for him in the hottest character poll! We desperately need your vote! Care to join a certain bet by the way? tongue.gif

--------------------
The Delirious Dreamy Airhead
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
An Open-Minded Perv & Member of G.O.O.P
user posted image
Here's the thread for you s-ai/yaoi fans:Shounen-ai Fans Unite!

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Nov 22 2004, 12:30 PM
Post #3

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 330

Ah drat. Someone beat me to the first reply. tongue.gif Surprised to see me? =^.^= Well, you shouldn't be since I'm a partial fan of our beloved Colonel. wink.gif

Um, I've never seen a thread dedicated to him before, though. Not proud of myself to burst your bubble of happiness. tongue.gif He deserves it. I mean, if Hawkeye got one. rolleyes.gif

Yeah, that overprotectiveness aimed at the Elric brothers was beyond sweet. happy.gif (I didn't see that one coming though >__> -- episode-wise I mean) Gave us RoyxEd fans our daily dosis of innuendo. X3 Buwa. Um... He's cool. cool.gif

laugh.gif Trying to perfect your manipulative skills, Kihaku? tongue.gif

--------------------
:: King of Shonen-ai ::
:: - Sister to Prinz_Zoisit ::

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
quistis
post Nov 22 2004, 12:30 PM
Post #4

Citizen

Member No.: 2,173

hmpph, trully I don't find his outlook attractive at all (skinny, plump faced, sissy bishonen etc) and in the anime his voice is rather annyoying esp. when he says his name IMHO

but

it's his attitude and personality; his unselfishness, loyalty, how he cares about those close to him, his overprotectiveness over Ed&Al(been influenced by someone here), how dedicated he is(despite his urm...laziness). He has this "cool and effective" aura over him that makes certain people go crazy  ... and he and Riza complete each other  . Even though he's a serious character, he too has his.. urm.. weird/funny sides 

and his resilience despite what he has gone through
so...yeah....I guess he got the inner beauty part right tongue.gif

--------------------
hair up!!!

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Nov 22 2004, 12:59 PM
Post #5

Brigadier General

Member No.: 1,360

Kase: I knew you'd be here tongue.gif At least to check...(notice from my post tongue.gif )
hah, I beat you to the first reply, did I *gets all proud*? tongue.gif hmm... noticed certain surpise attack of the smilies btw.(can tell who those posts belong too) tongue.gif My manipulative skills? What do you mean? Well, I think they need to be perfected anyway... tongue.gif
Oh and yea.h.. I love the fact how overprotective Roy is over the Elric-brothers.. I kind of see him as a father figure or older brother to them.. (but then again, we know how deep that can go then..) tongue.gif
Riza thread? You mean the Riza (xRoy) one??? yeah.. that's long tongue.gif

quistis: glad you agree with me on the inner beauty department biggrin.gif
Yeah, he's such a strong person too *sighs*
But aaarghh... what's all with this pudgy thing? Wait... you said skinny, plump faced... huh? There seem to be too opinions: pudgy and skinny, who just looks pudgy! What?!! His voice? When Roy talks, it's music! *serious fangirl mode* Roy is hot in every way! Aargh... where's my lightning staff?

--------------------
The Delirious Dreamy Airhead
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
An Open-Minded Perv & Member of G.O.O.P
user posted image
Here's the thread for you s-ai/yaoi fans:Shounen-ai Fans Unite!

+Quote Post
dreamcatcher_alc...
post Nov 22 2004, 01:07 PM
Post #6

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 594

anime voice... you mean the dubbed voice? Because his subbed voice was pretty sexy, actually. ^^

yay for Roy fangirls (fanboys?) lol. And yes, the protectiveness of Ed and Al... especially Al, IMO, was very cute to watch. That's one of the biggest reasons why I love him (the fire is number two, but I'm a volunteer firefighter, we're all pyros, tongue.gif)

and you know... I was waiting for this thread to show up, lol

--------------------
user posted image

"It is not for mortals to judge in the place of God. ...We just tell it like it is."

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Nov 22 2004, 01:15 PM
Post #7

Moderator Emeritus

@Kihaku: Attack of the tongue.gif faces!! tongue.gif But what do you mean "notice from my post"? biggrin.gif;; The bet thing? X3 Oh man, I can see the wheels in your mind spinning right now: the perfect family aka the Alchemist Bunch: father = Roy, mother = Riza, first son = Ed and second son = Al. Can't forget about the dog, of course. Black Hayate~ And the maid = Armstrong? blink.gif

Aherm. Back on topic....

@quistis: skinny and pudgy/chubby. Hmmmm... Well, I only thought he was pudgy/chubby. tongue.gif *ducks underneath staff*

@dreamcatcher: you beat me! tongue.gif Fanboys? biggrin.gif Where? I'm still waiting for a clip of Roy's dubbed voice! I'm really curious now. T_T I hate being curious...

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
quistis
post Nov 22 2004, 01:39 PM
Post #8

Citizen

Member No.: 2,173

the Alchemist Bunch: father = Roy, mother = Riza, first son = Ed and second son = Al. Can't forget about the dog, of course. Black Hayate~ And the maid = Armstrong?

yes....YES, that's perfection wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif (Armstrong = the butler/nanny),
I strongly endorse any fanfic/fanart with this theme and if I might also add..*shot*

... where's my lightning staff?

hidoi...
um....the whole physical thing....that just might be a middle age perspective. I'm sure I would find him kakooi and attractive too all the way back in highschool days reading all those bishonen/bishojo manga & doujin

anime voice... you mean the dubbed voice? Because his subbed voice was pretty sexy, actually. ^^

the subbed voice...well, he sounded masculine and all when he proclaimed the miniskirt goal etc. but when he talked to Scar in the rainy scene saying his name, that voice is just irky

--------------------
hair up!!!

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Nov 22 2004, 01:47 PM
Post #9

Moderator Emeritus

QUOTE(quistis @ Nov 22 2004, 08:39 PM)
the Alchemist Bunch: father = Roy, mother = Riza, first son = Ed and second son = Al. Can't forget about the dog, of course. Black Hayate~ And the maid = Armstrong?

yes....YES, that's perfection wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif (Armstrong = the butler/nanny),
I strongly endorse any fanfic/fanart with this theme
and if I might also add..*shot*

laugh.gif Well, anyone up for the challenge? X3 I'd like to see fanart about this too, actually. *__* Great idea for a fic too, actually. And the next door neighbours being a certain Tringham family... Armstrong as the nanny X3 Buwahahahaha~

Um, Roy yes... He's my number-one Colonel Flame, all the way. biggrin.gif Nobody would be able to best him in anything.

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Kasumi
post Nov 22 2004, 02:49 PM
Post #10

Brigadier General

Member No.: 135

QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Nov 22 2004, 04:47 PM)
Um, Roy yes... He's my number-one Colonel Flame, all the way. biggrin.gif Nobody would be able to best him in anything.

ph34r.gif Did I see right? Nobody? Anything? And this coming from Kase? tongue.gif

Yeah, I'm surprised that no one has made a thread about Roy up until now. (Then again, anything Roy related was placed into the RoyxRiza thread.)

Sasuki_604, please go vote for Roy in the hottest FMA thread, if you haven't already. You will be seeing a few Roy-centric fanfics if Roy wins the vote. biggrin.gif (I know Kihaku told you to vote already, but just in case you missed it. wink.gif )

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Nov 22 2004, 03:03 PM
Post #11

Moderator Emeritus

ph34r.gif That wusn't me.

Sorry, I got panicky about side-tracking. Yes, me. Something is seriously wrong with me. ph34r.gif In any case, I don't agree with my statement up there. I'd like to make a new one! biggrin.gif Ed's the best. But when it comes to RoyxEd I have to say Roy bests him in bed. X3

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Kasumi
post Nov 22 2004, 03:09 PM
Post #12

Brigadier General

Now that's the Kase I know! laugh.gif tongue.gif For a minute there, I was really shocked. tongue.gif

I haven't answered the original question yet. Let's see...Why did I like Roy? Must've been the whole RoyxRiza thing. My favourite character has always been Hawkeye, but somehow, Roy sneaked his way into the top of my "Favourite characters list." biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Aileon
post Nov 22 2004, 03:18 PM
Post #13

Citizen

Member No.: 2,487

Aaah, Roy... I really luv taisa XD He's the sexiest character in FMA ;D~~~~~~ Surely, I'm in love with him beacuse his personality and his good looking *0*

+Quote Post
Kasumi
post Nov 22 2004, 03:41 PM
Post #14

Brigadier General

Kihaku, we both better keep an eye on this thread as this will surely attract Roy fans. We've got to take this chance to get everybody to vote for Roy! wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Ninie
post Nov 22 2004, 03:55 PM
Post #15

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 434

Roy fan here! happy.gif Too bad I voted for him already...

--------------------
user posted image
Made by the amazing Haroken! ^_^ Thank you!

+Quote Post

53 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2016 - 02:26 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css