Reply to this topicStart new topic
Melting Pot, take a peek. you know you want to~
Razzy
post May 6 2011, 01:09 PM
Post #91

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 39,817

"Just when it's getting interesting," Sinclair said with clear disappointment, but laughed and entered the elevator.

Once he reached the overviewing platform, he was not surprised at Hazzard's anger, but was a bit surpised at his use of the word 'prisoner'. "It is quite refreshing to hear you comparing Leech to a prisoner. Most of us science-y type people would rather not admit or realize such things about their lowly creations or subjects..."

His tone was light-hearted at first, but then changed to mock confusion which shifted dangerously close to provocation, "And that is the truth. And I guess you're correct in keeping it away from things that would otherwise distract it from its 'normal' functions. You're correct in doing that, sir. But if that thing wanted to know something- and it did- why would I not answer truthfully? But... I guess that's why you're angry, huh? I don't understand that, though."

Sinclair paused and tilted his head slightly. Something was annoying him. "Hey, can I go and wash up or something? That thing touched my neck, and it's still skeeving me out... eh, y'know what, I'll just disinfect when I get back to my station."

He immediately jumped back into his earlier point as though he hadn't brought up the random request a moment before. "I mean, I really think I should answer something it wanted to know, if it wanted to know it on its own. I can tell it anything I want, but whatever inferences it may make -whether it feels like a prisoner or a tool or what have you- is up to it... which could turn out to be a big inconvenience to you, sir, so perhaps I can understand a part of your frustration. Still, I don't think it's uh... proper to leave someone -or something, rather- in the dark like that when it does have questions."

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post May 7 2011, 09:06 PM
Post #92

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,159

Smirking happily at Leon's answer -which she took as a deffinitive "yes"- and ignoring his complaints she turned around to look at Clarence, but as she did, the satisfied expression in her face turned into one of alarm...
Standing a few feet away from Clarence, two figures stood looking at the scene with what could only described as sheer amusement, a young man with black hair and red eyes, and a young woman with snow white hair and red tattoos all over her body...a vampire and a demon. "Isnt this nice? Seems we have the upper hand here...a shapeshifer of some sort, a hybrid, a witch and a human" The girl with the white hair whispered as her eyes went from Clarence, Leon and Simone till they stopped in Charon and she gave him a careless gretting nod. "Obeahs..." The witch whispered, her voice filled with caution. "Wrong...not evil spirits, a demon and a vampire actually" Anna grumbled sternly "What do you want?" Simoned asked, ignoring the correction. "Information..." The young man with the black hair said, taking his turn to talk as his companion light a cigarette. Simone's eyes narrowed as she opened her mouth to talk, but stopped in the same exact second when she found a gun aimed at her head...
Clearly thinking the "talking" method was too slow, Anna had drawn a handgun from a holster hidden in her coat and now was calmly pointing it at them "So...who's willing to help?" She said, letting the smoke fly out of her lips with the same blank expression in her face.

--------------------

(\_/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
(O.o) signature to help him on his way to
(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
That One Dude
post May 10 2011, 05:04 PM
Post #93

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 46,559

Charon merely groaned. First off, he didn't really need help; he could stand on his own two feet just fine, albeit a bit wobbly. Secondly, Anna and Raphael's presence really just seemed to mess things up even more than they already were.

"Miss Anna, please. Don't resort to such things in the presence of civilians." It was a very unwise thing to do, associating himself with them, but he felt if he didn't say anything the other three could get hurt. "This brutish form of action is not the way we do things. You should know this." He tried to remain soft-spoken, but his tone was actually quite cold and blunt. Yes, he was wounded; but Charon was once young, and in his youth, he was a Hunter in all his prime, and he made it a very good point to show off the skulls of many a demon and vampire he encountered and defeated - without a single scar to show for it.

Meanwhile, Clarence was just... confused. Not like he cared about anything, though; he just wanted to know what made stuff go 'boom!' earlier! "... uh... can I leave yet?" The boy shrugged his shoulders slightly. "I've got no business here, whatever it is you people are trying to do..."

~o~o~o~

"... You shot another one?!" And all Henry did was smack his shorter friend upside the head, looking more irritated than discomforted. "The f*** is the matter with you?! Don't you ever stand to think you might get caught?!"

And all Cedric did was smile as Henry kept treating his head like a punching bag, eyeing Robert. "Money really means nothing to me, ghoul. And, being completely honest, I didn't come after you for the bounty. I knew it was there, yeah, and I thought it would be convenient to have so much money... but I don't like it when civilians get hurt just because some prick is out looking for cheap thrills."

Suddenly, Cedric pulled out his gun and aimed it straight at Robert. The unassuming smile on his face said he wasn't going to shoot him, though. "I would really love to just ask you politely to stop messing with the people in this city, really I would. But I know you're not gonna change because you're going through some sort of existential zombie crisis; that's okay. Tomorrow, I'll just find you, and shoot you in the head again. And the next day, I'll do the same. Until either I die, or you leave Chalk." He then set his gun down back in its holster.

Meanwhile, Henry was now rather stunned than either afraid or angry. The sudden change in mood was both confusing and slightly relieving. "... Cedric... you know that all of your dramatic threats fall on deaf ears, don't you?"

"I apologize. That's just the poet in me acting out."

--------------------
You aren't scared, are you?

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post May 11 2011, 09:14 AM
Post #94

Alchemists

Member No.: 45,405

A clipboard whirled right past Sinclair head and slammed against the wall, sending the various reports attached to it, floating downwards as Hazzard stared at Sinclair. This sudden outburst of anger was very uncharacteristic of him, but it was very profound. This man, Sinclair was blaspheming on everything Hazzard had built here, his work and most prized creation.

"Do not assume to know the full extent of this project merely because you have been granted an inside glimpse into the workings of this laboratory, Sinclair!"

Hazzard growled with a fierce look in his eyes, addressing Sinclair by his name to drive the point home. His hand was still raised after having thrown the warning, make-shift projectile at Sinclair`s head tough there was no telling whether he had actually been aiming for Sinclair and simply missed or if he had not intended to hit at all.

"I have shown you great clemency because I thought, that your considerable talents were being wasted in that forsaken filing task. Yet do not mistake my charity for the freedom to do or say as you please where my word is law. You are showing a concerning amount of pity for those you should be operating and testing on, a first class mistake, in our field. In your case I should have realized it from the start, all that time in that asylum soften your brain to the point, that you sympathize with Leech. You think, that just because you had a horrible experience with inprisonment, you have the right to suggest me how to treat my subjects?

Disappear you ingrate, the only thing I want from you now are results and a daily report on your progress."

Hazzard said motioning towards the door with his raised hand, commanding Sinclair to leave. Hazzard brushed his hair, grinning behind his mask as he walked over to the window from where he could see Leech playing with the dead. In due time Hazzard would send out more and train allow Leech to winden his horizon`s, but it was all still work in progress, Leech was merely taking it`s first steps in the greater mission Hazzard had planned for it.

"All in due time..."

He muttered through his mask as he stood alone by the window, staring at his finest creation.

-------

Robert seemed unphased by the duo`s antics or the fact, that Cedric pointed his pistol at his face. He had seen this one all too many times and once ripped them apart, they would be lying in pools of their own blood. The one to go first would get a swift painless end as the one left would be screaming for his friend with his blood gushing up to his mouth. Robert sneered at the duo as tough uninterested in Cedric`s idle threats.

"Except you aren`t that naive, are you? If you ever manage to do the same thing, again."

Robert pointed to his bandaged forehead, at the entry point of the bullet, which was still lodged in his skull.

"You would do anything to make sure, that I don`t come back from that, but maybe that`s my good ol paranoia talking. In any case, you`ll be glad to know that IŽll be leaving this city soon enough, that`s how the story goes. I come in, people die and I walk out. So the best chance you have of surviving the time, from now until my departure, is to stay out of my way all tough you just said you can`t do that. So I guess we will just have to wait and see how all of this turns out, won`t we?"

Robert said as he pulled his other pistol, but did not point it at the duo, merely letting it rest against his tigh. Robert was partially expecting Cedric to pull an underhanded sneak attack along with his pesky vampire friend or for them to decide, that discretion was the better part of valour and run away.

--------------------

I am love, I am hate, I'm an atheist with faith, Vent my anger with a smile

+Quote Post
That One Dude
post May 15 2011, 06:34 PM
Post #95

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 46,559

"No. You either leave Chalk now, or I'll just hunt you down again like the dog you are." Cedric muttered, his gaze steely as he stared at Robert. "This city has its own problems, yeah? Doesn't need any more because of the likes of you."

"Cedric, it'll just fall on deaf ears."

"Deaf ears or not, that's the last warning I'll give. If you keep spewing condescending sh*t at me, James, I won't be able to resist the rising temptation to crack your jaw."

~o~o~o~

"Nice specimen you've brought me, Elaine." Roan's cold hands made Elias's skin crawl with every touch. But, being restrained, he couldn't do a thing about it... "Young, in peak health... no scars, blemishes or noticeable deformities to be spotted. Ideal height and build... now we'll just need to run some blood tests. If it's a match, things should go much more smoothly than prior experiments..." The doctor with the scarred face motioned over to a row of preserved corpses in large jars at the other end of the room. "And if it's not... I trust you will find me an even better match." He smiled coyly at the commanding officer, who only returned a cold gaze.

"You will address me as Becker, Roan. And trust that I do these things out of my own personal gain, not yours." She spat at the blond, her eyebrows twitching slightly, as if she was resisting the urge to scowl at him. "Contact me with your results. I have better things to do for the moment." She headed back over to the elevator, her back stiff. The doctor apparently had a very good knack at creeping people out, as her skin was practically crawling by the time the conversation was over.

Even once in the safety of the elevator, she shuddered audibly, rubbing her forehead. She hoped - prayed, really - that Roan would make his little experiment succeed this time. The more bodies she brought the madman, the more he seemed to be deluded into thinking that they were more than a mere employer and employee.

--------------------
You aren't scared, are you?

+Quote Post
Razzy
post May 16 2011, 03:14 PM
Post #96

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 39,817

Leon could tell that the witch's hold on him was gone. He shrugged. He had no idea what was going on, and thought that perhaps he was half-asleep and dreaming. It was in this state of mind that he half-agreed.

"I guess I could help... but I'd agree with this guy here-" he pointed to Clarence. "Why would you need us?"

---

Sinclair did little more than let out a sort of growl and smack the wall with his hand as he left. He wanted to say and do many things before he left; in his rage he thought of some kind of childish insult or even attempt to punch his boss in the face. But he did not want to stay long enough to let his temper get the best of him, and so muttered angrily under his breath:

"Ingrate... I'll show you f***ing ingrate." And left.

Sinclair did not want to return to his station. That may have been the very last thing on his mind. Instead, he found (with some difficulty) a restroom and washed his neck like a madman, finally getting rid of (though still slightly unsettled by) what had been bugging him for the past few minutes. 'Filthy thing...'

Stumbling out of the bathroom, he then found himself wandering the main floor, almost disoriented, as he had done earlier that day. He thought to himself how very pathetic it was that he knew not a soul there. However, he was happy to walk around (and calm himself down), caring very little about what the ill-tempered Hazzard might think of his wasting time.

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post May 17 2011, 11:16 AM
Post #97

Alchemists

Member No.: 45,405

Robert sighed a bit as the stubborn old fool thought he could get out of this without a conflict, clearly neither of them were backing down and Robert had the feeling he should end this now rather than later when it could amount to a problem.

"Crack my jaw? Rather mild, don`t you think?"

He said before shooting himself in the foot without batting an eyelash, there was a momentary smirk on his face as he mutilated his own body without the slightest regard for it.

"If I do not feel that, if it does not bother my movement one bit, what good will cracking my jaw do?"

He inquired, pretending not to understand what Cedric had been after with his comment. Robert did not stall any longer as he raised his gun and reached for the other one, but as soon as he moved multiple clicks resounded behind both parties. Groups of thugs had appeared on either side and Robert had very little doubt, who had assigned them to keep order in the district. Robert sighed and glared venomously at the camera staring back at him, he holstered his guns and grinned at Cedric. It looked as tough killing Cedric now would be far more problematic and too public to execute, if he wanted to avoid a new police chase.

"Would you look at that, one businessman seems to hold you, or the peace of this area, in rather high regard. We`ll meet again, no doubt about it and when we do I suggest we end this charade."

Robert said before he brushed past the thugs still pointing their guns at Cedric and his friend. As the lone gunman disappeared behind a corner, Cromwell appeared from the alleyway glaring at the direction Robert had left. For a moment Cromwell completely ignored Cedric, but turned his head slowly with an amused expression on his face.

"A problematic fellow at best, doesn`t seem to know whether he wants to rip your head off or talk you to death."

Cromwell said with a chuckle at his own remark about Robert, who seemed rather violent yet surprisingly cautious for someone that had such a track record. Cromwell scratched his hair as he turned to face Cedric, the thugs relaxed, lowering their guns for the time being. Cromwell`s appearance for one was hardly intimidating unlike that of everyone else around him, he was in his mid-thirties and had a scrawny look about him. His medium long, brown hair were drawn backwards and he had a unshaven beard. Added to this he was wearing a white collar shirt with a black tie, brown pants and fine leather shoes. The combination of a ragged exterior yet formal wardrobe made Cromwell strangely enough fit his job description.

"You`ll have to forgive for stepping in, despite your excuberant taunting, Mr. James is no easy target. Not that I doubt you couldn`t have repeated what you did earlier, but you can never tell what someone like him might have up his sleeve."

Cromwell seemed almost apologetic in his approach to Cedric yet he also seemed to be reminding, that Cedric despite all the crap he was spewing out of his mouth, was still quite mortal.

--------------------

I am love, I am hate, I'm an atheist with faith, Vent my anger with a smile

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post May 24 2011, 04:16 PM
Post #98

Alchemists

Member No.: 47,159

(I'm back! DX Sorry guys, final tests caught up with me...)

Frowning in aggravation, Anna seemed to think it twice before she put the gun back in it's holster, and raised her hands in a surrending and mocking manner. "Fine, let's do it your way..." She said, the words leaving her lips in an almost inaudible whisper, as the demon allowed herself a momment of rebeldy...

Simone seemed to breath again as the gun was lowered, and the demon seemed to forget about her presence, which allowed her to finally recognize that maybe she had gotten into something bigger than what she could cope with...

"Charon...we were instructed to take care of a specific target...do we keep working on our mission or has the target changed?" Raphael asked as his eyes trailed the blood in Charon's clothes, and the real motive behind his question was pretty obvious...Elias was missing, were they supposed to do something about it?
"Better yet...what do we do about them?" Anna asked as she nodded toward the unfortunate spectators: Clarence, Leon and Simone...

--------------------

(\_/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
(O.o) signature to help him on his way to
(><) world domination.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 06:03 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css