Reply to this topicStart new topic
Melting Pot, take a peek. you know you want to~
The Mad Bomber
post Apr 15 2011, 07:26 AM
Post #76

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,405

Leech finished draining the last body and stood up with a bit of wonder on his face as it reassessed the images it had seen in the being`s head. It ignored the sounds outside at first, solely taking heed of what it had just learned. These places, these beings, which these dead one`s had seen meant nothing to him all tough he did make note of how strange and wide it seemed somewhere out there, nothing like the tank or this room even. Finally turning it`s gaze towards Sinclair, who was eagerly waiting for an answer, this beings mumblings were giving Leech a headache, annoying. Maybe killing this one would give it some peace?

"No... not... it`s.. concern... images, some already there..."

Leech said seemingly unphased by the questions, but staring at Sinclair with a hint of frustration in it`s eyes. Leech slowly took a step forward and continued to approach Sinclair with it`s head tilted to the side, the being was curious, unlike the others it seemed excited and did not pose a threat as where the others had been nervous. Leech stopped before Sinclair and grabbed Sinclair by the neck to see his reaction, to see whether this one would try to wiggle it`s way out of Leech`s grasp. It did not throttle Sinclair, but held pressed hard enough for Sinclair to feel discomfort.

"Annoying... it fears.... no?"

Leech was contemplating on whether this one as well would do for sustenance.

--------------------

I am love, I am hate, I'm an atheist with faith, Vent my anger with a smile
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
That One Dude
post Apr 15 2011, 08:53 AM
Post #77

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 46,559

The sudden noise brought Charon to attention, the panic rising in his eyes... he reached out for the witch, grabbing her arm. "Wait. I've changed my mind, miss." He paused for a moment, as if considering it. "I wish to find him now."

Of course, that was when he heard Leon calling out to them, and felt just the vaguest annoyance that they had shown up precisely when he was about to ask the woman for help. It prompted him to let go of Simone's arm and back away a bit; while it didn't seem like they were looking for a fight, he was in no condition for any sort of confrontation.

~o~o~o~

After being momentarily stunned - though just barely - Clarence merely fixed up his hair, finally noticing the old guy and the young woman, the latter which was looking over at them. He shared a smile with her, his mind having only one track, and scoffed once Leon opened up his mouth to yell.

"Gods, you're rude." Clarence rolled his eyes, his hands stuffed in his pockets. He didn't quite care about being stared at; heck, he loved being stared at. But apparently Leon didn't feel the same way. "Let her look; I know I'm sexy." He flipped his hair as if to prove his point.

--------------------
You aren't scared, are you?

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Apr 15 2011, 04:22 PM
Post #78

Alchemists

Member No.: 47,159

For a second Simone looked aggravated, as the boy insisted in yelling and the other on in looking at her quite crudely, but just as the frown appeard in her face so did it vanished...after all, she knew how patient you had to be with humans. She opened her mouth to answer but the sudden pressure in arm made her turn around "Mister...you really have to stop doin' dat" She mumbled sheepishly as she signaled him to let go "I take care of dis" She stated, pure confidence in her words.
Turning around once again Simone put in her face the most harmless expression she could manage (being someone that created scams for a living...it wasnt so hard) "My friend be badly hurt..." She yelled back to Leon and Claire, wondering in amusement if they would actually fall for that.

--------------------

(\_/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
(O.o) signature to help him on his way to
(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Apr 16 2011, 09:59 PM
Post #79

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 39,817

Leon shot a bewildered, but slightly amused, look at Clarence. He could not help but laugh, and said, "You serious?" It seemed that his new 'traveling buddy' enjoyed attention; while Leon did not enjoy attention, he did seem to get a lot of it, but that was inevitable when all he did was yell at strangers and try to pick stupid fights over trivial things.

Leon turned to the woman, and walked closer. He looked at the man and then back at the woman. "Hurt? Obviously," was his blunt remark. "And what about it?"

---

Sinclair could only wonder again why there were no restraints put on this thing as it grabbed at him. His first thought was one of panic; for fear of germs, Sinclair was not at all keen on making physical contact with anyone, much less this thing that just crawled out of a tank and got its hands all over four other test subjects and who knew what else. For this reason, he did fidget a little. The fact that he was in a dangerous situation did not hit him until after that first thought.

"Now, couldn't you act a bit more civilized? This is a very- awkward situation..." He glanced around, and figured he could break out of this grip and head for the elevator, if that was necessary.

Then came another blunt question, surprisingly calm but incredulous, "What? Are you gonna kill me? Well, I work for your 'creator', and... I don't know how well he would take that..." Truthfully, he was almost certain Hazzard would not care about one of his subordinates being horribly ripped apart by his own creation, but Sinclair would rather try and talk his way out of this, or at least keep Leech talking; Sinclair was hoping that maybe this thing would respond to threats of disapproval from its 'creator'.

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Apr 17 2011, 05:27 AM
Post #80

Alchemists

"Work?"

Leech asked dum-founded as the word did not register with it`s comprehension and for once Leech was unable to say, whether this being was threatening him or begging for it`s life. Annoying, this thing annoyed him, it wasn`t like the others, they had been clear with their intent and simple, too much effort with this one. Yet this one was harmless, not useful either. Leech`s grip loosened before it leaped backwards like a frightened animal, but with a confident smirk on it`s face. It stumbled at first on the corpse of the large man before sitting down on the man side and staring at Sinclair with the same mask of curiosity, studying this odd being, to see it`s reaction and intent.

"You... no threat, waste? Work for creator... Hazzard?"

Leech inquired uncertainly, clearly not being entirely what this work entailed or what it exactly meant, merely mimicing the words of Sinclair.

--------

(anyone`s character is free to intercept Robert etc. btw the new character is sort of a supporting character so I am not yet posting a character profile, some of you might notice something... familiar about the man.)

It wasn`t too hard to find an illegal gun dealer in the city, especially at night when the streets were swarming with the wicked and unnatural. Robert had went around a few hangout`s made subtle inquiries, cracked a few skulls on his way, scrapped up whatever cash he could from the dead mortician`s account and head for his goal. He had pulled the car in front of a small apartment building in the city, it frankly seemed like any other to be honest save for the few details, which caught Robert`s eyes. There was a camera on the side of the building, watching the entrance, but Robert actually thought that one might be a mere diversion from another camera watching him at that very moment. Ignoring the surveilance Robert headed up the stairs to the entrance and entered into what seemed like a modest lobby, but had too many people occupying it than he would have liked, being recognized anywhere was not something Robert was keen on having to deal with.

With icy calm Robert walked past the people in the lobby and headed for the office situation at the far left of the lobby. Upon entering he was greeted by a thick smoke cloud and a middle-aged man smoking a cigarette. The arms dealer sat comfortably in his chair with his arms raised as tough a sign of surrender as where the two guards in the room seemed to be on edge and ready to draw their firearms.

"Those won`t do you much good against me." Robert growled a warning at the guards, who seemed taken aback and even more on edge by the display of hostility.

"No doubt, they happened to catch the eight o clock local news, mind you and I must say none of us were expecting a.... well... dead...dead man to walk through, that door the very same night. I would have to presume, that the police are unaware of how to deal with your kind." The man in the chair mused, unshaken by the presence of the man, who walked through his door all tough Robert`s eyes had nailed themselves on him.

"Apparently not, but I am hardly here for the social prattle, you have something I want." Robert retorted impatiently whilst glanxing at the guards venomously.

"Rather blunt aren`t we mr. James? Or can I call you RJ?" The dealer inquired out of the blue, refusing to stop dodging the true purpose of Robert`s presence.

"You are being awfully talkative for someone, who operates illegal arms in plain sight like this and ecspecially with someone, who is wanted by the police." Robert pointed out to the man in the chair, who seemed that he was still perfectly amused by the situation before him.

"But not by the criminals and bounty hunters, yes? It`s all over the news as well, detective Cedric Donovan takes down a notorious gunslinging madman and claims a monster of a bounty. Not something, that happens every day mind you, not that what you did was anything ordinary either. A shame in retrospect, it was a nice place." The arms dealer lamented as he dragged on the conversation, which Robert was not all that keen on engaging in.

"It seemed like any other watering hole Ive seen, n..." Robert snarled as he took two brazen steps towards the arms dealer, who sudden sprang up as, if to face Robert.

"Ah, yes where are manners, I completely forgot to introduce myself." The man said almost cheerfully as he got up and made a slight bow, which Robert suspected meant to mock him more than as a true courtesy. "Harrison Cromwell at your service, now let`s see what I can help you with..."

The man`s name rang a bell, albeit Robert rarely recalled any names from his past, no need for those. The man`s last name was a bit reowned with the criminal underworld, supposedly the Cromwell family specialized in illegal weapon smuggling and deals. Here, of course, Cromwell was under the thumb of the local mafia and belonged to that faction in a peculiar fashion. He was free to run his own business as long as he paid a tribute and delivered whatever the mafia required. Robert had heard this from the people he had interwieved before, who did not seem all too keen on bringing Cromwell up, apparently he was not the most reputable person even amongst the mafia.

Cromwell led Robert into a vast side room from his office, which contained loads of guns all spread out against the walls and on tables in the middle of the room.

"Pick and choose, any ammo and magazines can be found here as well." Cromwell said as he flipped on the last of the lights in the room.

"You really are a bit carefree about this aren`t you? What is stopping me from killing you now and taking what I want?" Robert inquired as he eyed Cromwell with caution.

"Oh nothing save the minor detail, that before you could escape the police would be here. You wouldn`t like that after going through the trouble of dying again and shaking them off your trail, would you Mr. Callagher?" Cromwell spoke non-challantly as Robert moved to test a number of pistols, trying each of them in his hands and taking aim with an emotionless face.

"And we might as well end this discussion here lest you test my patience." Robert snarled at Cromwell with his deadpan face visibly twitching.

"I suppose this is the part where I am expected to be polite and shut up?... Oh well..." Cromwell said as Robert was aiming a shotgun at his face, there were no shells of course, but it wouldn`t take too long that there were.

After taking his pick of the weapons, Robert had settled for pair of semi-automatic pistols and a sawed-off shotgun along with a few grenades, after all he was short on cash and he needed extensive amounts of ammo in order to avoid another meeting with this Cromwell fellow. Robert had always had a disliking for people like this one, too slick for his own good and depraved enough to deal with monsters, not that Robert was about to judge Cromwell based on his morals yet he had the feeling the more anyone ever trusted Cromwell, the more likely he was about to stab them in the back. Robert concealed his weapons as best as he could and left almost all of the cash he had stolen at Cromwells desk without even making sure whether he was paying too much for the merchandize yet he was sure it was enough, Cromwell for some reason seemed less interested in the money at the moment. Robert turned to leave without a word.

"Welcome to Chalk by the way, the way I figure I will be hearing of your exploits soon enough again."

Robert would have grinned had he been alive.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Apr 18 2011, 10:05 AM
Post #81

"Oh, right," Sinclair said, as though he had completely forgotten that Leech had just crawled out of a tank and had about the same amount of knowledge of the outside world as a small child, and it seemed this was exactly like trying to talk to a small child. Sinclair's only frustration from this was that he was not very good at explaining things, so with a bit of difficulty, he came up with:

"Work? It's... I help. Hazzard uh, creates things, I guess. Though, honestly, I don't know exactly what it is he does. But essentially... yeah, let's just go with that: he creates things, like how he created you. And, I help. That's my work. I used to create things, too- a long time ago- but not so much anymore... Now I do research- that is, I find things that would be helpful for what Hazzard creates."

Sinclair almost laughed by the time he finished talking; he couldn't help but see the humor in the situation, having to explain simple terms to something as dangerous as Leech as though it was a little kid.

"I believe that's an alright definition. You just need to know that I'm not... whatever it was you said- 'waste'."

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
That One Dude
post Apr 24 2011, 10:49 PM
Post #82

State Alchemist (Major)

Charon furrowed his brow, and simply pressed his hand to the wound. While he figured that Simone was looking for sympathy in the two men, he knew it was useless; both of them looked crude and more-or-less thug-like. He figured that there was more of a chance of them just going about their ways without doing a thing than helping her. Though, once he thought about it, he found it very curious that the woman wanted sympathy from a pair of complete strangers...

... maybe he should just walk away while he still could...

"Hey, goin' somewhere, pops?" Clarence called out to the old man, an annoyed look on his face. "You're lookin' shifty... got somethin' to hide?"

"... of course not." He said bluntly. "I'm just trying to get to a hospital before my fate is left in the hands of three complete strangers."

~o~o~o~

It wasn't safe to be out at the streets. Ever since he could remember, it never was. And even now that Robert had been 'destroyed', it still wasn't... in fact... Cedric still had his suspicions on whether he had been destroyed or not.

"You seem down, Ced. With all the cash you just got, I thought you'd at least crack a smile!" Henry, the speaker, was Cedric's only actual friend in Chalk. He was still young and naive, so he wasn't quite as unsettled as Cedric was regarding the matter.

"Money's not important, Henry. I got a feelin', a feelin' in my gut... that Robert ghoul..." he huffed, sticking a cigarette in his mouth. "Bein' a ghoul... he ain't dead yet, don'tcha think?"

Henry shrugged, his face bright with a smile. "I'm a vampire, Ced. I don't know anything about how my own body works, let alone a ghoul's. Hey, maybe he gets a rash during daytime, like me, and has to stay indoors!" He was never good at making jokes... if they could even be considered such.

"I knew I shouldn't have brought you along..." He glanced around their surroundings, making sure they were in a relatively safe area. They weren't. In fact, it was dangerously close to an arm dealer's place, and Cedric was off-duty and without his gun. "Especially not here..." he mumbled. Henry was weak and unwilling to hurt anyone; the scum in this street would chew him up and spit out nothing but bone.

Maybe going out wasn't such a good idea in the first place.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Apr 25 2011, 07:02 PM
Post #83

Alchemists

(I'm back!!!!!)

Simone sighed softly, almost as if dissapointed the old man didnt trust her plan "Fine...we do it da fast way" She mumbled as she extended her hand and pointed her index finger toward the newcommers "Now you come and help" She commanded, the tone in her voice suddenly turning cold and firm.
At first nothing happened (aside from an awkward silence filling the air) but then Leon would feel a cold numbness travelling up and down his spine till it settled in his arms and legs "Walk boy" Simone whispered, and if almost as eager to do so, Leon started walking toward Simone and Charon, his body suddenly ignoring his commands.
Her left arm pointed toward Leon, Simone then raised her right arm toward Clarence "You...stay there and dont move" She said, and not even 1 second after that, Clarence would suddenly feel his legs were glued to the floor. "So...next time, I say we think twice before we be saying "no" to a helpless lil' girl" She stated cheerfully.

(I'm not trying to control your characters guys, it's just a cheap voodoo trick Simone can use for a short ammount of time...it's just her childish/wicked way of "helping" XD She's practically a little girl with the knowledge of an old crow XD)

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Apr 26 2011, 06:55 AM
Post #84

Alchemists

As it just so happened the very moment Cedric came into view Robert sluggishly descended the stairs of Cromwell`s estate, stopping at the end to take a look around. He didn`t at first realize, that there was anyone about, save for the few people entering the house behind him. Yet when Robert did catch onto the presence of Cedric, who was with someone else, a shark like smile spread onto Robert`s face as he casually spun about to face the duo.

"Enjoying your reward old man?"

Robert called out with his hands resting on his belt, unthreateningly for the moment.

---------------

Leech glared at Sinclair observantly as tough evaluating whether his explenation made any sense at all. After a short moment of silence Leech nodded as a sign of understanding, whatever the creator was doing, this being was related to that `work`. It didn`t particularly need a reason as to why it`s creator was doing what he was doing because as far as it could comprehend all of this was normal, even rather enjoyable save for the throbbing pain it had experienced earlier on, but it had a grasp of the fact, that it had to work in order to gain what it desired. This being however insisted on claiming it was not waste, but Leech had a very different view of what was useful to it and what was not, it merely labeled things as it saw fit, made things easier.

"To this one... yes, waste, not sustenance. To creator... maybe not."

Leech protested as it grabbed onto the head of the corpse it was sitting on and carefully examined the eyes of the creature. It knew the purpose of the contraption yet did not fully comprehend how such a thing worked and out of pure curiosity it plucked the other eye out of it`s socket with a violent pull. With it`s painted with more blood, Leech examined the eyeball between it`s fingers before callously tossing it into it`s mouth and eating it in a flash.

"These provide... sustenance, waste annoys tough knows... things."

Leech pointed out, refusing to let go of the label it had placed on Sinclair.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Apr 27 2011, 01:20 PM
Post #85

Leon tried to fight against whatever was taking control of him, but failed to break the hold.

Clearly annoyed, he just spoke to himself, "Just my luck, isn't it? I step outside, and in no less than ten minutes, I run into a... crazy magic person or something." When it came to understanding the wide variety of inhabitants in Chalk, Leon was considerably ignorant. To him, almost everyone could be lumped into one category of 'freaks', himself included.

"So what do you want, lady?"

---

Sinclair decided to drop his negativity regarding the less-than-appealing name that was given to him. It seemed as though it was not something used to belittle him, but rather something Leech used in an effort to associate words with images or ideas. And so Sinclair was able to overlook that comment, but could not help but become slightly indignant at being called annoying.

“Well, yes... I know certain things. I have been kept in the dark about worldly events in the past few years- not like I needed them, though-, but there is a lot more to know than current events. It is my work to ‘know things’, after all…” he answered simply and a bit confused, not knowing what Leech was getting at; though it may have just been making simple observations.

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
That One Dude
post Apr 27 2011, 09:55 PM
Post #86

State Alchemist (Major)

"..." It wasn't the first time Charon had seen magic, but he was quite impressed that Simone actually could have a level of control over the other two, at the same time.

Meanwhile, Clarence was... unimpressed. He felt in his gut; it would wear off quickly. Besides, only his legs were glued to the floor... if it came to that, he could just tear them right off and they would grow back. "Don't tire yourself out, miss." He said with a bored tone.

~o~o~o~

And for just a moment, Cedric froze in his steps. Henry, in his ignorance, merely laughed a bit and nudged his friend. "I keep telling him to, but he won't listen to me. Huh, Ced?"

"..." The older man merely turned his face down slightly, staring placidly at Robert. "Not exactly. The fact that you're here is the reason why..."

"Huh? What's this guy got to do with anything?" It took a moment for the vampire to make the connection, but once he did, he was noticeably scared, and... he hid behind his shorter friend with a squeak.

Cedric rolled his eye and rubbed at the bridge of his nose again. "God, you're such a f*g." He muttered under his breath, then merely turned his head up to face Robert. "So, I take it you were buyin' weapons..." He stuffed his hands in his pocket, not even seeming all that angry. Just tired. "I'm off-duty right now. So whatever you gotta say or do, do it quick; and if you're gonna kill me, leave Henry out of it. He hasn't done anythin', to anybody."

~o~o~o~

Seeing the brigadier general wheel in a man-sized crate by herself was... a rare sight. One usually had underlings do that sort of thing, didn't they? But, the general refused help. In fact, she insisted on doing it herself. What she was up to was only for her eyes, and the eyes of those she trusted.

She wheeled the crate into one of the less popular elevators of the facility, by the west wing. It was empty; excellent. Discreetly, she pulled a key from her pocket and inserted it in the emergency lock, giving it a few turns. With that, the elevator sank and sank... and after it reached the basement level, it sank some more.

About thirty meters down, the elevator finally stopped and opened its doors to reveal what seemed to be an empty laboratory.

"We're here, half-breed." She cooed, proud of herself for getting the young man to the laboratory without having anybody ask questions. She pulled the key out of the elevator and pressed the button back to the lobby floor before wheeling the crate into the room.

"Get your fangs out, Roan." She called out. "I've brought you some fresh meat."

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Apr 28 2011, 12:01 PM
Post #87

Alchemists

Robert let out a wheezing chuckle as a sadistic expression formed on his face, it would appear, that he had caught the old timer off-guard and with yet another clueless fool, who would no doubt get caught in the crossfire. With an icy demeanor Robert pulled out one of his newly bought pistols and reloaded it as tough displaying the gun to Cedric yet he did not aim the barrel towards the duo.

"Sounding a little too heroic, aren`t we? Then again I suppose your friend would appriciate your heroism when you`d put a bullet in his head like you did for your partner earlier"

Robert blurted out Cedric killing his colleague as tough he had been blabbering about the weather. His expression remained calm and that devilish, amusement lingered on his face taunting the old police. Eobert spread his hands to his side as tough to shrug helplessly.

"Let`s be blunt here, you didn`t come after me in order to uphold the law or to stop me from killing anyone, all you want from me was that fat bounty hanging high above my head. No cop has honestly come after me for the sake of something silly as `justice`, law or order.... maybe a few at first, but once my record for killing them went over twenty I think every cop decided, that their number one priority would be to stay alive. You`ve been the first in a long time to paralyze me, but I am hardly upset about what you did, au contraire, I am rather thankful. You have any idea how long I`ve had bounty hunters, police men and other scum coming after me for the sake of all that money?

Speaking of which I think you should really enjoy, that bounty of yours, you see that money came from a family of people famed for hunting undead beings. A bunch of nutters, who I had a bone to pick with, until I did really do exactly that so to speak. I slaughtered the whole lot of them, sadly enough the bounty had already been posted and the money transfered to the officials, a real bother. So instead of making you kill your partner I am going to give you some advice... Tell every single cop to stay out of my way and not to have any idea`s about posting any bounties because once they do, I`ll be after them unless I am far away from this city."

Robert explained with a smirk on his face, finding Henry`s discomfort and ever growing doubt amusing, especially when he mentioned the fact that Cedric had killed his last partner.

-------------

Hazzard had been caught up following the events in the pit, that he almost missed the most peculiar sight from the various security cameras that were installed almost everywhere in the facility. It was not that he actively spied on people, but Reeve, Hazzard`s assistant, had created a program to record any irregularities deviating from daily routine. Curiously enough this irregularity was one of Brigadier General Becker moving a sizeable crate, all alone no less. Becker entered an area, that was not within the range of the cameras causing Hazzard to look into the matter even more. It was mere curiosity at first, but Hazzard was no fool, he knew Becker had her own agenda and devices to look after. Whatever she was doing was out of the ordinary and Hazzard liked to keep an eye on such things, in case her agenda could directly affect his work.

Hazzard was no fool and did not trust Becker enough to leave him alone long enough for him to accomplish his work here, so a covert internal war of surveillance was necessary to stay aware on anything that Becker was up to. Hazzard knew he couldn`t act against Becker, but he could keep Becker from trampling over his territory as she pleased. Now the question was, what was she up to down there?

----------

Leech had an observant look in his eyes as it`s curiosity grew a bit and annoyance toned down a bit as it thought of new questions, which required answering. It knew of this world, this place, but not the next one. It had always known there was a world beyond the glass tank and this was it, but what was beyond this place? This being mentioned something about `the outside world`, it was not sure what Sinclair had meant, but the scientist had sparked Leech`s curiosity.

".... Place.. outside... you... see it? Like?"

Leech inquired with a slightly keener, lowered tone of voice as tough it was interrogating Sinclair. It also wondered whether more of these kind of fleshy beings existed in that new world.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post May 1 2011, 07:34 PM
Post #88

Alchemists

"Witch be the term you lookin' for boy..." Simone explained calmly to Leon, almost as if controlling people against their will was an every-day thing...which probably was. "Help the mister get up..." She said as she stepped back so Leon could help him, and she could turn around so as to look at Clarence...knowing the boy knew the spell would soon wear off.
"You boys COULD be helpin' willingly...you know, do somethin' different for a change, get sweet reward" She stated bluntly...the cards were on the table...saying yes or no was all up to them.

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
Razzy
post May 1 2011, 09:24 PM
Post #89

“Ew! But he’s bleeding,” Leon complained. It seemed he could not help but vocalize his disgust for the stranger’s injuries in a very obnoxious way. However, it seemed his complaints didn’t matter, as the witch’s spell led him to “help the mister get up” anyway, though Leon could feel its power weakening already.

He was still clearly annoyed at his circumstances and spoke to himself sarcastically, “I deserve just as much. ‘Cause I should know better than to step outside... ever.” But he paid attention when the witch spoke up.

“I might as well, right?” Leon said, laughing. He became very tired again, and his fatigue could be heard in his voice. Leon didn’t know what kind of “reward” this witch was talking about; for all he knew, it could be nothing. But, whether it was something of value, or nothing at all, it seemed this night was going to get interesting, so he was willing to accept the strange offer.

---

“Outside? …Uh, yes, I like it. It’s nice. I gotta say, it’s better than this place.” Sinclair remarked. Again, he paused to think, tried to think of an explanation that something like Leech could understand. In a way, Sinclair had to understand Leech’s circumstances, and he felt he did already, a little bit. Sinclair hated the past two years of his life; those were two years wasted in that dreaded hospital. When he was confined in that place (which he noted had some windows, but fewer windows than he would have liked) for some time, he had almost forgotten what his favorite songs sounded like, or what kind of happiness the sight of a clear blue sky brought him, or what cigarette smoke smelled like, simple things like that. To be held in such a place without those things, to be completely shut off to the outside world, he had felt like a prisoner.

For a second, Sinclair could not help but feel empathetic toward Leech’s situation. However, he composed himself and tried to explain as best as he could.

“Outside here… it’s uh, much bigger. There are no walls or ceilings like here. There are a lot of people- like myself and your creater- and animals- Animals, do you know what those are? Well, anyway, there are a lot more people- billions, actually-, a lot of different people, and there are buildings, like this place. Streets and… cars- you... probably don’t know what those are…”

Sinclair found it very difficult to explain something as vague as ‘outside’. It was like trying to explain it to a child born blind. “Well, know that it’s a lot bigger than this place. I can’t explain everything. It’s… You have to see it for yourself to understand.”

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post May 2 2011, 11:40 PM
Post #90

Alchemists

Before Leech could come up with more questions for Sinclair, it was abruptly interrupted by it`s creator`s voice, Hazzard had heard enough. The elevator door slid open, revealing the empty space, that beckoned Sinclair`s presence.

"I think that is quite enough Mr. Sinclair, please if you would to the overviewing platform via the elevator."

Hazzard said with a loud and clear tone of voice, which meant it was no request, but an order. As Sinclair departed the area Leech seemed a bit disappointed yet soon was distracted by other things in it`s surroundings or it turned to examine the corpse of the human underneath it. It was like watching a child ripping the wings off a fly, pure and innocent, and completely unaware about the true meaning of it`s actions. A being like that could be simple, untainted yet unimaginably cruel, normal logic nor reasoning could never apply to Leech, not anymore. It had already accepted, that killing other beings and devouring them was all part of it`s existence. Despite having grown weary of the discussion, that he had been monitoring, Hazzard was rather pleased with the outcome. His plans were coming along rather nicely.

As Sinclair came into view Hazzard threw rather venomous glare at the mentally unstable scientist, clearly Sinclair had already managed to do something to seemingly upset Hazzard.

"You were talking about rather unimportant and trivial matters Mr. Sinclair. Dangerous things as well, which Leech has no need for. Yet it did not occur to you, that telling it about the outside world was rather precarious? There is no need to tell a prisoner, that he is one, if he does not know of it, is there?"

Hazzard seemed to be demanding an explenation or an apology, perhaps both.

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th June 2016 - 07:03 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css