Reply to this topicStart new topic
Melting Pot, take a peek. you know you want to~
Razzy
post Feb 14 2011, 04:10 PM
Post #16

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 39,817

Sinclair could barely contain his excitement as he, like some eager little kid, nearly hung his whole upper body over the ledge, looking down at this “test batch number 4”, which he was glad to call his responsibility. Listening to Hazzard, he realized this would prove to be a challenge, though that was exactly what he wanted.

Any questions? Sinclair stood up straight again, and thought for a moment. Really, he did not have any important questions. Though he was, in his state of giddiness, debating whether he was going to be so bold as to ask his boss why he wore that mask. Sinclair figured it couldn’t possibly be comfortable in any sense of the word.

But instead of further looking like a fool, Sinclair simply said, “No, I… think I’m fine.”

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Feb 14 2011, 07:28 PM
Post #17

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,159

(Sorry for the random posts >.< and dont worry about the riffle, more than anything is all about esthetical modifications XD)

Nails tapping the counter and a bored expression in her face, Red just looked at her half-empty glass of...whatever she had been drinking for the last 10 minutes, not really being able to taste the difference anymore. She looked at Robert for a second but then went back to her glass, knowing he wasnt really fond of chatting. While her fingers started fiddling with her messy hair, her eyes casually went from the bartender to the door...and in one of those "rare-coincidences" the door opened, and Red's glance met with a pair of eyes she could recognize anywhere...demon eyes.

------

With a steady step, and silent black figure at her back, Anna walked down the street with the composture of someone who knew others would AND should step out of her way. Swiftly avoiding and pushing aside the grimy hands of a what she thought was a beggar, she pushed the bar door open...
With a quick glance around Raphael spotted their "comrades", and proceeded to walk toward them...while Anna calmly took a second to return the glare of a red-haired half-breed, and then ignore her just as quickly.
Both Raphael and Anna just nooded as a greeting, and then went right into business "You wanted to see us..." Anna said to Elias.

------

Roughly pushed aside by a white-haired demon, Simone's eyes flashed in anger and then in amusement as she looked the demon enter a nearby bar. "Watch your back..." She said, leaving the treath hanging in the air as she turned around and walked away, her hands dirty from dealing with potions and concotions all the time but her complexion and physic being far from someone who was dying in the street....

--------------------

(\_/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
(O.o) signature to help him on his way to
(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
That One Dude
post Feb 15 2011, 06:14 AM
Post #18

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 46,559

((Alright, then. No worries. ;p))

Oh, right... this was what I was here for. Elias thought indifferently to himself. But then again, Elias only ever seemed to have two moods around most people: indifferent and angry. Given the redhead's inability to control his outbursts, indifference was the preferred mood.

"Yeah, uh... there's been this punk making tags on our turf." He waved his hand lazily, hoping she could fill in the blanks for herself. He wasn't a lover of demons unless they actually looked gruesome; he preferred a nightmarish-looking Medusa to a cute girl any day of the week.

Charon, however, did not like that his boss was so unclear with what he understood was a dedicated 'employee'. So, from within his robes he produced a photograph for the young-looking woman.

"This would be the target. He's been seen in this area during the nights, at this locale in particular. Best of luck, miss." With a small bow, he stepped away from her and handed his dear boss the drink he had asked for, which was unceremoniously chugged down.

"The pay's... fifty dollars." Elias quirked up an eyebrow slightly, as if the thought of losing that particular amount of money stung. "He's only small fry, after all." He snorted with amusement.

Before Elias could speak again after that, though, he interjected. "Elias is being... unfair. We didn't call you out just for you to get rid of some punk." He muttered under his breath, for he knew that the place they had chosen to meet in was hardly safe.

~o~o~o~

"Sir! You saw that, right?"

"Yes, I saw it, Johnny." Cedric mumbled irritably as he saw the pair walk into the bar. For someone with only one eye, he was keen. "They're probably here for the Vera. We are not here for the Vera. The Vera will take forever to take down, and I've already outlived two generations without making so much as a dent in their structure. We are here for the one with the bounty on his head." He murmured, his tone concealing some hidden excitement.

"... Which one is that, sir?" The somewhat incompetent boy asked.

"The ghoul, Johnny. The ghoul."

--------------------
You aren't scared, are you?

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Feb 15 2011, 08:05 AM
Post #19

Alchemists

Member No.: 45,405

Hazzard remained silent for a moment before starting to walk towards the door, but briefly stopped where Sinclair stood and glanced at him with a sour look in his eyes.

"Succeed and you will be rewarded accordingly... fail and I`ll hand your sorry carcass over to the Brigadier General to toy with."

He threatened with a rasping voice before walking out of the room. He did not need anymore failures and if this man supposedly was as talented as his resume let onto believe, then he would not have to worry about it, but failing meant far worse than being demoted or fired. Then again Hazzard did not have the slightest clue whether his little experiment would be a success tough logic wagered against it, but not all of things in this life were solely governed by reason alone.

There were anomalies, exceptions to exceptions, and for Sinclair`s own well being he`d do well to prove himself as one.

-----------

Robert eyed the new arrivals suspiciously and for a second broke his attempt to remain inconspicious as he lowered his hand beneath the table, grabbing his sawed-off shotgun by the handle, but made no attempt to draw it out. All of his weapons were concealed beneath his long overcoat, but they were also easily accessible in case he had to quickly draw them out. As he eyed the new arrivals and suddenly everyone around him, he felt the sudden urge to just jump up and unleash hell on all these unsuspecting sheep. The little voice in the back of his head told him to pull the trigger and splatter the bartenders head all over the wall, but then he reminded himself that his goal had been to blend in and let whatever suspicions were surrounding him fade away.

Robert snickered at the prospect of later returning to this bar and turning it into yet another shooting gallery, the walls ridden with bullet holes and the air filled with gun smoke. He slowly raised his hand and dropped the entire contents of his glass down his throat. Without batting an eyelash, he walked out of the bar and turned immidiately to the closest alleyway he could find. He didn`t really have a purpose at the moment nor a destination, he simply thought of walking around until he came upon something interesting, like place to stay or wreck.

--------------------

I am love, I am hate, I'm an atheist with faith, Vent my anger with a smile

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Feb 15 2011, 04:28 PM
Post #20

Alchemists

Red watched Robert walk out of the bar but, opposite of what was expected, she stayed. She looked around once more before she lazzily rested her head against the counter, clearly waiting for something to happen...

------
Anna frowned softly, and quite darkly at both the prey and the pay. "This has to be a joke..." She whispered in disbelief, clearly used to more "complicate" jobs. Yet, despite all odds, before the demon was able to blatantly reject the job, the vampire had already grabbed her arm, signaling her to close her mouth. "We're listening" He said.

------
Leaning against the dirty wall of the alleway Simone raised her eyebrown curiously as she heard the sound of steps coming closer, and the smell of blood reached her nostrils...for any witch, specially for bokors, the presence of an undead couldnt be more obvious. "Looking for somethin' mister? Tarot readings, charms, potions...Dreams made real?" She asked carelessly as she gave him a sly smirk.

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Feb 15 2011, 10:34 PM
Post #21

Alchemists

Robert had noticed the figure before and seemed alert as he approachws, but seemed to relax a bit as she seemed far less dangerous than he had hoped for. As he was walking past her she posed a question on, whether he required her services. A sly smirk flashed on Robert`s face, but disappeared the second he turned to face her with a rather deadpan expression on his face.

"Haven`t got need for em, lady."

He bluntly informed her because there was very little in the way of dreams or fortune, that he was seeking. TRuth be told he did not know what he was seeking, maybe nothing, he simply knew that he could not stay in one spot for long and that enganging in a firefight was a hell lot of fun. Robert stood still glaring at her for a while before glancing at the alleyway whilst stucking his hand in his pocket. Tough had she known this pocket had no bottom and allowed Robert to covertly grab one of his uzi`s.

"This is one strange city... everyone I meet seem to be on guard... unlike you.."

Robert commented with a cautious tone in his voice, there was something about her that was different and he did not like it. That talk of tarot cards and her entire appeal reminded him of his creator of, whom he had not been very fond of.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Feb 16 2011, 07:55 PM
Post #22

Alchemists

The girl didnt seem to react much as her eyes just went calmly from his face to his pockets "No need for those mister..." She whispered, the smirk never leaving her lips as she extended her empty hands to prove her point. "Just a question..." She was saying when she suddenly stopped, looked around and then stepped back in the exact same second, almost as if trying to hide in the shadows of the alley. "Now dat was careless from me...you're bein' followed" She whispered, pounting lightly in reproach.

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Feb 17 2011, 11:17 AM
Post #23

Alchemists

And now he liked her presence even less, she was telling him that someone was tailing him. True enough he himself had been feeling rather on edge as of late as tough waiting for someone to point at him and scream bloody murder. Robert disregarded what the woman was going to ask first as much as she had and turned to stare at the entrance of the alley with dual uzi`s drawn with a grimace on his face. From the corner of his eye Robert could still see the strange woman beside her, but she did nothing to aggravate an attack.

"Miss unless you are looking for an early grave then I`d suggest you take a hike cause once I decide to spraying led all around, there tends to be collateral damage."

Robert informed her with a lowered voice as tough mildly expressing his gratitude for informing him of his tail all tough he suspected he would have discovered it soon enough by himself.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Feb 17 2011, 06:33 PM
Post #24

Alchemists

A small chuckle escaped from the girl's lips as she looked at him in a mixture of bewilderment and amusement "Someone like you cant hurt someone like me...your creator should've told you dat much" She said as she shrugged carelessly, looking quite unimpressed by the weapons.
"Anyway, see you around mister..." She whispered before she turned around and walked away...as smirk of interest slipped into her lips, showing that she planned on staying a little longer to watch.

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
That One Dude
post Feb 18 2011, 02:33 PM
Post #25

State Alchemist (Major)

"This has to be a joke, nya nya nya..." Elias mocked the demon under his breath, still distractedly scratching the large beast's ear. As if she were that important. Hmph.

"Some of our recruits have been disappearing." Charon said, struggling to keep his voice low enough not to be overheard, but loud enough so that the other two could hear. "Old, young, male, female... the disappearances have been indiscriminate in regards to victims. We've found some of their bodies, but... it's not pretty." He paused, as if the thought made his stomach turn. "The only lead we have is this tagger, who started appearing shortly before the disappearances began to occur. Our suspicions might be wrong, though; in any case, we want you to investigate what would be the... 'bigger picture'." He rubbed at his chin, lightly scratching the thick stubble. "We'll keep you updated if anything comes to our knowledge."

"The pay will obviously be bigger than fifty bucks, plus a little 'promotion'." Elias interjected dryly, with a small smirk on his face. "... Provided you can actually uncover what's been goin' on, that is. If you can't, you'll be demoted and won't receive a single penny." He cupped one of the rat's ears. "And if any of you have any complaints about those conditions, then you can take it up with Chompy." He nodded slightly over the enormous rat.

Chompy stared up at the two, his huge teeth sticking out of his craggy face. While a rat's eyes are normally blank, his seemed only incredibly hungry...

((Just as a note, Chompy is roughly the size of a small horse.))

~o~o~o~

And sure enough, just around the corner were nothing more than the two policemen, finally outside of the car, ever so silently attempting to sneak up on their perp. While the new blood was mostly excited and just a mere loud noise away from starting to put holes into people, the veteran was calm and cool, his remaining eye reflecting a level of iciness that would give strangers shivers.

He knows. Was all the older man could think. He knows. It was a bad idea to bring the kid along. He freakin' knows.

"Sir," the younger man whispered hoarsely, actually starting to tremble. "Should we go?"

Cedric couldn't think of a response. A great part of him wanted to continue on with their job, especially since they had been found out, while another wanted him to go back for the safety of the boy... so all he could do was stand there, wondering.

((You can kill off Johnny if you want to. He isn't a major character.))

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Feb 18 2011, 03:06 PM
Post #26

Alchemists

As the silence weighed heavily over the alleyway, Robert contemplated on his choices at hand. He could turn tail and run, try to loose these pursuers, but truth be told that would put him at a distinct disadvantage. He was a stranger to this city and he did not have an inclination of the enemy numbers. Other hand he could face what was to come, guns blazing and maybe go down in a blaze of glory should the opponent prove too overwhelming. Robert closed his eyes for a second and drew deep breath, albeit there was no need for him to breathe. With steel in his eyes he raised his guns forward.

As the duo were just about to turn the corner metal flashed, a gun roared it`s deadly wailing as it let loose a dozen bullets. The spree grazed the older detective, but unluckily pierced the younger man in his knee cap and lung. The young man fell like a rock, gasping for air and grasping with his hands for his throat as, if there was something choking him. Robert let loose another spree of bullets from his uzi with murderous glee in his eyes as the older man managed take cover.

Robert ceased did not continue firing at the duo, judging from the overweighing silence, that was all there had been to it. Two people tailing him, one down, choking in his own blood and the other covering behind a corner, unable to aid his friend. The young man was done for, they both knew it, the pursuer and pursued.

"All there was to it huh?" Robert exclaimed, intent on making the man behind the corner hear him. "Too bad, your friend got hit, but hey you probably know how good I am at my trade.... well maybe you could save him still, if you hurried him a hospital. Maybe if you forget we ever saw one another, you could have a chance at saving his life." He teased his opponent with a slimmer of hope as he swapped his uzi away and drew a colt tucked away in the back of his belt. He aimed the colt at the writhing man on the ground whilst he kept his uzi trained on the corner.

They both knew better than that.

".... Or do I just give him a bullet between the eyes? Would you like to give him the last rites then as he looks at you with pathetic eyes, weeping and begging for his mamma?"

He inquired as he aimed for the young man`s head with the colt, hoping the draw the nuissance out. Maybe this fool would be sentimental enough to step out to save his friend or try to get a shot at him, either way Robert would win.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Feb 18 2011, 04:33 PM
Post #27

Alchemists

The frown never left Anna's face as her glare went from the picture, to Charon, and then to Elias...truth be told, she didnt like Elias, not even a bit, not even at ALL, she actually respected the old man more than her actual boss. *Two rats...and they actually make a good pair...* She thought -allowing herself one second of private negligence- as she looked at Chompy in cynic curiousity.
"We'll take care of it" Raphael stated calmly, almost as if unaware of Elias treath to them. He looked at the picture one last time, taking one second to save the image in his memory, knowing he had seen that tagger before...but as the assasin and the thief were ready to take their leave, the smothered sound of gun shots reached them...
------
Seconds before the gunshoots were heard, a red figure got up from it's chair, slid some money in the counter, and started walking away. Red tried to mantain a serious and collected image, fighting the irritating urge to look back at the vampire when she felt his eyes following her...
------
At the top of an abandoned building Simone tilted her head lightly at an scene she found quite strange and curious. But while a part of her felt responsible for the boy's soon-to-be death, the other ached for the momment when his heart stopped beating...

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
That One Dude
post Feb 18 2011, 08:46 PM
Post #28

State Alchemist (Major)

"Good luck." Charon said his farewells with a hint of sympathy in his voice to the two.

Not seconds later, gunfire was heard. As soon as the sound reached them, his very first instinct was to grab his much younger boss and tackle him to the ground in an effort to keep him protected. An effort he knew that no one else in the mafia would share, and that Elias would never appreciate; but he did it anyway.

"... Nice to know you're so devoted to me." The redhead merely rolled his eyes as Chompy turned to stare down at the two in confusion.

~o~o~o~

Cedric had a different plan in mind. It was painfully apparent to him that Johnny wasn't going to make it. So, he put a bullet in his brain himself. While it could cost him, not only his job, but half a lifetime in prison, he could quite as easily say that it was the perp they were chasing. He had killed plenty of men before; killing what he considered to be an incompetent boy with no business in the force, who was already dying, he figured it would only be merciful.

"Problem solved." He yelled out to the 'man' right around the corner. That way, Robert was left with no genuine kills to claim, and one very much alive veteran.

The middle aged man was stubborn as a rock, and he wasn't going to let some undead, bitter creature get into his head. He had been in far, far worse situations; hell, the situation where he lost his eye didn't even compare to worse situations.

"You wanna try and freak me out - it's useless."

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Feb 18 2011, 10:57 PM
Post #29

Alchemists

As the bullet penetrated the young man`s head, an expression of annoyance and anger registered all over Robert`s face. Yet as soon as, that expression had appeared it was drowned by a maniacal laugter that escaped his lips. For a second he had found the old man`s determination and stubborness infuriating, but in another he found it hilarious as he knew he had been there before. With a smirk on his face Robert once again swapped weapons and began to slowly back away along the alley. He drew the largest weapon at his disposal, the grenade launcher and aimed at the corpse of poor ol Johnny.

"I am sure you two will have plenty to discuss once you follow him to the netherworld, one way or another. I`ll save you the pain of dealing with the body and give him a proper cremation. I`ll see you around."

Robert said with a normal voice, not even attempting to make himself heard and almost muttered the last words with a sense of excitement behind them. He felt, that maybe he had found someone to play with for a while, until he killed the fool. He fell onto his knee and took the shot, the grenade whizzled across the alley and landed in an arc onto Johnny`s body, tearing it into bits. The explosion rocked the ground and shrapnel flew around as the undead culprit fled into the alleyways of the city.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Feb 19 2011, 06:35 PM
Post #30

Alchemists

Anna and Raphael...and pretty much all the bar just looked at them with what could only be described as plain bewildered expressions. "I'm pretty sure the gunfire is too far away to reach us..." Raphael stated sheepishly as he tried to help them up. "We'll go take a look" Anna said as she raised her eyebrown curiously, almost as if excited with the possibilities.
-----
Not even blinking with the hot air in her face, and the floor trembling beneath her feet, Simone cursed softly as she turned around and walked away. She clearly handnt expected that from the policeman. "...to kill the boy like dat...it takes som' guts" She whispered, dark amusement in her eyes, now seeing a whole new side to the situation.
-----
Dodging and pushing away the people than ran around in panic, Red finally managed to reach an empty car parked infront of the now burning alley. She knew enough to recognize the car as one of those the cops used to follow people around, but she just shrughed aside the fact, quickly smashing the window and getting inside in less than 5 seconds. Without even thinking about it, and without any delicacy, she tore the cables, got the engine running, and cursed softly at her shaking hands.
She now knew for sure the Mafia was looking for the tagger...and sooner or latter the city would have more nameless corpses laying in the street....

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2016 - 10:49 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css