Reply to this topicStart new topic
Favourite Anime Pairings, Yaoi/yuri/het, whatever
Omakase Shimasu
post Nov 27 2004, 04:41 PM
Post #61

Moderator Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 330

Eerie Queerie... I've seen that title popping up everywhere, but I never had enough interest to look info about it. Is it really a shonen-ai series...? blink.gif

--------------------
:: King of Shonen-ai ::
:: - Sister to Prinz_Zoisit ::

- Moderator Emeritus -
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Amur
post Nov 27 2004, 05:30 PM
Post #62

Citizen

Member No.: 2,870

Hi! I'm back! Hopefully this post won't be as long and excruciating as my last one.

Kihaku: If you haven't read the little epilogue to FAKE, Like, Like, Love, then you need to go read it. Immediately! The site Fakephoenix.com has the scanlation of it. And another manga by Sanaml Matoh called Until the Full Moon (I mentioned it in my last post) has recently come out in english from a publisher called Broccoli Books. It's a shonen-ai manga (sorta-kinda-maybe). If you liked FAKE, then you would probably like this one too. Umm....let's see....oh! Eerie Queerie. I've managed to somehow get three of my friends completely hooked on this manga. When I got the fourth one, all three of them seemed to go into 'must...steal...manga' mode. It was hilarious! I was dodging them around school the entire day. The next time I got a manga that was the final volume of a series (which, incidentally, turned out to be FAKE) I didn't tell anyone about it for about a week so I could enjoy it before they started attacking me. Lol. ... Wolf's Rain...I haven't seen the whole series yet, but I'm completely addicted to what I have seen... Demon Diary... How dare you say Eclpse and Raenef aren't more than teacher and student?!?!?!?! That's blasphemy! Of course they simply have to be a pairing! ....Yu-Gi-Oh... I haven't been able to watch this as much as I would like to, so I'm a little unsure about who Isis is... I think I've seen her once... or maybe twice....

Omakase Shimasu: You need to read Eerie Queerie! Yes, it is a shonen-ai series. It's also extremely funny. Go out and buy it right now! Or go chase down someone that already owns it!

Uhh... So much for me trying to keep this from being "as long and excruciating as my last one". Sorry!

P.S. About the games... I really should put aside some of my manga money to use to buy some new games so I could figure out what you guys are talking about, but PSoH #10 is coming out soon...and so is the next RuroKen, and the 4th Immortal Rain, and in february Wolf's Rain #2, and I stil haven't caught up on Hellsing and Trigun, so.... I don't think I'll be buying any new games anytime soon. Sorry 'bout that...

Sayanora, Abane, Adios, Hasta la Vista, Buenos Dias, Aloha, and any other way you can think of to say "Good-Bye"! *waves farewell*

--------------------
.gnimoc si erutuf ehT Are you ready?

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Nov 28 2004, 08:43 AM
Post #63

Moderator Emeritus

What? We don't mind monster-replies, do we Kihaku-chan? X3 We absolutely love those~

Oooh, you're a true manga/anime fanatic aren't you? biggrin.gif Can't believe you're able to keep up with it all. A new PSoH volume?? *__* Where~??

Eerie Queerie is already licensed, I see. -__-;; I don't think I'll havwe that much of a chance to get my hands on it if it is. But it sounds like so much fun! >.< I'll have to make a grand effort then. Thanks for the rec, always looking forward to more recommended manga/anime! wink.gif

Games - it would be so worth the effort. Especially the Final Fantasy series they're awesome and are filled with all sorts of bishounen! *__* Squall~

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Nov 28 2004, 11:41 AM
Post #64

Brigadier General

Member No.: 1,360

Oh yes, yes! We oh so love monster replies! biggrin.gif It shows total dedication. *nodds head*
And I also love the fact that you seem to be a happy shipper like us too... biggrin.gif
yay for shippers! biggrin.gif
Um anyway. I'll definitely check that Like, Like ,Love! I heard that it was supposed to be published in the FAKE artbook, but we have no idea where to get it from. now I have a good mind to read that and gloat to my friends... tongue.gif ah, I'm so evil... have to keep that other manga in mind too! I hope they shipped it to Finland...(we do get most of the English mangas anyway).
Ah, yes Kase. you have to read Eerie Queerie! if you can get it anywhere... it's only four volumes anyway. Actually that was the reason why it doesn't get to be my favourite shonen-ai manga, yeah, it's shonen-ai tongue.gif . It was toooo short *cries*
I still have to read volume two. My oh so clever friend managed to "lose it" and I've been waiting like a month already.. Oh, but anyway, you remember me talking about it, right? It's about a guy(Mitsuo) in an all-guys school, who can see and communicate with ghosts. One day when a girl takes over his body he (or well she actually tongue.gif ) confesses to his classmate that he has a crush on him tongue.gif... they become best friends later on.. and later on... tongue.gif plus there is also a lot of hilarious "ghost busting" involved too and other guys, who like guys... I just love that series!

Um... and I soo want Eclipse and Raenef to be much more! I was waiting for that throughout the whole series (which I read in one night tongue.gif ) but the more I read the more I became conviced that.. oh... well you never know... but it seemed that it wouldn't become much more
Isis is also Ishizu or something like that... the older sister of Marik. See, both Kaiba and Isis have a little brother they care about. See the connection?
*shutting up now about Yu-gi-oh!*
And to get back to the age thing....

DBZ
Vegeta is about a year older than Bulma (unless you count the two years he spent in the room of spirit and time...) Where did you get that 10-20 yrs, Kase?
Rurouni Kenshin
Sano is 19 and Megumi 22, I think...
Yami no Matsuei
yay! you're with me in this too! hey, why didn't Kase answer this, did I miss something? but Hisoka is 16, Tsuzuki 26, besides the fact that he's been dead for 70 yrs so he's 96 tongue.gif
Inu Yasha Inu Yasha is a demon..sooooo
And I figure Miroku and Sango to be around the same age, although I think Miroku might be a few years older..

Oh, that for now... me and my talk tongue.gif

--------------------
The Delirious Dreamy Airhead
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
An Open-Minded Perv & Member of G.O.O.P
user posted image
Here's the thread for you s-ai/yaoi fans:Shounen-ai Fans Unite!

+Quote Post
Guest_Lime-chan_*
post Nov 28 2004, 04:00 PM
Post #65

Guests

::Saber Marrionettes::
Otaru x Lime
Faust x Tiger

:Slayers::
Gourry x Lina
Xellos x Fillia
tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Nov 30 2004, 02:35 AM
Post #66

Moderator Emeritus

Eerie Queerie has made it on my wish-list. X3 (Don't tell me it has been licensed already!! T.T WHY?!?)

The Like, Like Love part should've been added to the last volume in my opinion. tongue.gif It isn't that big, just an epilogue! And it shows Bikky's hugantic growth spurt, making him tip the scales to his faver compared to Dee. X3 Epilogues like that are sweet!

I didn't really understand if Dee was still part of the force though. -.-;; He didn't look like it... (JJ's craze about his Dee had dwindled... I liked him better before... X3)

10-20 yrs... O.o I dunno. I'll have to look for that list sometime... Or was it that he was 10-20 yrs younger than Bulma..? That sounds better... biggrin.gif;; (OR he was 10-20 yrs younger than Gokuu... Ah hell)

Uh... I forgot the Shinigamis ages. biggrin.gif;; I knew Tsuzuki, but Hisoka's just slipped my mind. I never really thought about age differences that much, so... ^.^ (I always thought it was fun to have such a huge gap in ages, though tongue.gif)

Hehe, I always saw the relationship between Gourry and Lina sibling-like. ^.^ Their interaction's cute like that. Wow... a series where I don't have a shonen-ai pairing... O.O WOW.

Oh, now I can add others (I think):

Meine Liebe: (shoujo-, shonen-ai)
o.o I thought wrong... need to see more eps. >.< My touch is fading...

Hunter x Hunter: (shonen)
- Leorio x Kurapika
- Kuroro x Kurapika

Ronin Warriors: (shonen)
- Seiji x Touma
- Anyone x Sai

Beyblade: (shonen)
- Rei + Max
- Kai + Tai

Earthian: (shonen-ai)
- Miyagi + Aya (poor poor Miyagi T.T)
- Michael x Raphael

Count Cain: (shoujo-, shonen-ai)
- Cain x Riff

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Nov 30 2004, 07:43 AM
Post #67

Brigadier General

Eerie Queerie is licensed... because it's so GOOD! Must have been megapopular tongue.gif I've only heard positive stuff about it, but I suppose there's bound to be negative opinions too..
Yup, I read Like, Like Love(have to gloat soon...) and it was way too short to be a "seperate" thing. The "who ends up with who" thing was pretty obvious tongue.gif but I like obvious things. I just wished that it had been longer... like 100 pages.. It seemed so... rushed, but well. the Fake series ended ayway pretty pleasingly to me. biggrin.gif
Bikky always grew fast.. *remembers manga* .. oh, I'll always like JJ! And I think ti's better that he doesn't yearn after someone he can't have... I'd feel so sorry for him.

Ah, the man is nearly always older than the woman... why? but I loved that idea with Vegeta being .. what? 20 yrs younger than Bulma? laugh.gif Let's say that if Bulma was around 35 at the start of the series, then he'd be 15 tongue.gif um, anyway, I'm pretty sure about those age things. And you remember the movie don't you? Vegeta was a little kid whilst Goku was a baby. He's anyway 5 years older.. but I always liked to imagine him younger than Goku. It would have made sense biggrin.gif
I don't know... I for some reason care about age differences tongue.gif I have this thing that I automatically start hating/disliking the couple if the girl is 14/15 and the boy 17/18 for example(yes, I'm disliking the Pretear canon one already tongue.gif ) for example Mamoru and Usagi(Sailor Moon).. argh..Tamahome and Miaka(not as bad though)
Then if there's something with the girl being a lot older I automatically like it. tongue.gif
for example(Jou and Mai, Sano and Megumi) Notice first list(which has to be edited anyway soon...)
I'm wierd...
Ah, I somehow knew that you liked great age differences.. I don't know why tongue.gif

Gourry? Lina? Who are they?
Oh, I already want to read/watch Earthian and Count Rain biggrin.gif What are they about?
Oh and Meine Liebe too! You mentioned that before. I remember.. For some reason I love German names tongue.gif
You watch Beyblade? Same here! Kind of embarrassing.... tongue.gif
Wait, who is Tai? I only know dub names soo..
Now with Beyblade *grins* There's no other choice is there..? Oh rei had something with that Mao (was it Mao?) But I think he fits better with Kai tongue.gif although he would also fit perfectly wit the main guy(Tyson in dub) who would also fit with Max... sensing a tangly situation here....
*goes away to think*

--------------------
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
user posted image

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Nov 30 2004, 09:02 AM
Post #68

Moderator Emeritus

NOOOOO~ T.T EQ has been licensed... No...no... no~ I hate it when anime start out good and get licensed almost immediately. Then this happens! tongue.gif Oh well...

About the age differences between Vegeta and Bulma. DBZ was the time of detail, to the very last dot. tongue.gif So I made a list of character ages for every story I wrote. Ages which would be effected by times of death and the time characters spent in that... uh, that room of time. @.@ I forgot the name~ The Room of Time and Spirit. Yep, and I thought Vegeta winded up a few years younger than Bulma, but I'm not sure. I know he was a lot older than Gokuu. X3 I loved that. tongue.gif

Oh, I understand what you mean, I think. >.< I dislike drastic age differences between het couples/people. tongue.gif I'm such a hypocrite. I hate myself. rolleyes.gif Um, but yeah since I wasn't all that interested in het couples at the beginning...

Wow, you knew that about me? tongue.gif Who's a fortune teller/psychic now?

Gourry and Lina are the two main characters (?) from this anime called Slayers. *__* It's about sorcerors and mid-evil times with magic and dragons and stuff. Really nice, although I haven't seen any of it yet. biggrin.gif;; I always see at least one DVD of the series in stores wherever I go, but I've never seen the first out of the entire set. "If I can't have the first, what good it'll do me buying the other volumes?" I always think whenever I see it and think about buying it. tongue.gif Saves me lots of money this way, I have to admit.

Earthian is made by the same mangaka who did Gestalt. This one's about angels who have to decide if Earth is worth saving. All angels travel in pairs of two, one who adds up the plus points (good deeds people do and stuff) while the other focusses on the negative points and traits. While they're doing this, Chihaya (the main character) struggles with his heritage. He's the only angel who was born with black wings and he wants to discover the reason behind it. Other angels with the same black wings were all victims of cancer, which first makes an angel's wings and eyes black before they evenually die from this disease. So far you've only got four OAV parts and a still on-going manga.

Um... Count Cain is from the same mangaka who did Angel Sanctuary, but you knew that already, didn't you? tongue.gif Um... I haven't read the manga yet, but my sister is in love with this thing. (Not to mention Takehito-sama does Riff's voice in the CD drama X3) It's very gruesome or so I've heard... Then again, Kaori Yuuki likes gruesome themes. XD

Meine Liebe is also from the same mangaka as Count Cain etc, etc. *__* I've got the official site where you'll be able to oggle the main characters (all bishies in their own right XDDD) Here it is: Meine Liebe (With Official I mean original Japanese wink.gif You'll still be able to find your way well enough)

Oh, but if you like German names/titles, you must have heard from Weiss Kreuz~ ^.^

I've watched Beyblade, but I lost track of things during the second season. T.T First they showed us a series with fat kids which wasn't very... appealing. biggrin.gif;; But then those kids got small and cute and chubby and cute~ ^.^ Now I'm waiting for the time they transform into their bishounen self. X3 I know they exist because I've seen music videos of them. Well... everybody transforms into bishounen except for Kenny and Max... T.T I knew Kenny wouldn't undergo a transformation because he's the technical expert of the group, but Max... Max always gets left out, why is that?? >.< While I don't really mind he didn't become buff and handsome, instead staying that cute little boy I love...

>.> Maybe I'm still not over that one episode where he and Tyson (I meant Tyson when I said Tai by the way tongue.gif) got into a fight with their rivals. The house collapsed and everybody was all over Tyson ("Tyson? Tyson, are you okay? You didn't get hurt??") and what did Max get? ("Max, how's your Beyblade? It better not be broken!") >.< Some friends, feh...

Well, you already knew this but I'm a supporter of uncommon relationships. Well, in this case it's one uncommon relationship. -.-;; Rei x Max... And you know what? I've only been able to find 2/3 fics where Max was in a pairing. At all. 2 about Tyson x Max and one about Rei x Max. >.< Oh and one about Kai x Max, but that one didn't count since it bordered on NCS. Feh~

Uh... that's it for my rambling-rant. tongue.gif Thank you for your undeivded attention.

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Guest_lime-chan_*
post Nov 30 2004, 09:03 AM
Post #69

Guests

QUOTE(Kihaku @ Nov 30 2004, 07:43 AM)

Gourry? Lina? Who are they?

Lina and Gourry are from The Slayers series ^^V

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Dec 1 2004, 11:19 AM
Post #70

Brigadier General

Ah, nice reply biggrin.gif

I actually don't know about the anime of Eerie Queerie. I don't know if there is any..? I was talking about the manga. Because it's only 4 volumes it shouldn't be hard on your pocket.
Do you get the English mangas in the Netherlands, by the way?

Um.. about the room of spirit and time(or whatever).. Vegeta would actually be around three years older than Bulma, because he was there twice and was 1 year older in the beginning.. oh Vegeta isn't that much older than Goku... 5 years, but if you count the 7 years + 1 Goku was dead(plus time and spirit thing) it would be 12 years tongue.gif.. Huh? You made a litst? What list?

Ah, eaxctly, no to great age differences between the "hets"(except if the older one is a girl tongue.gif ).. I wonder why it's okay with yaoi/ shonen ai couples though... my wiredness kicks in tongue.gif
Hmm.. You havan't seen any of Slayers but you know quite a bit *thinks fanfiction* I actually have heard of that anime, but I never got myself to watch it..who knows.

Earthian sounds good biggrin.gif Angels and shonen-ai biggrin.gif I think the manga is licensed, have to check that out. biggrin.gif I haven't heard of Gestalt though, but the name is German!
Count Cain and Meine Liebe are from Kaori Yuki! No, I didn't know that! And I've been pondering on getting more familiar with her work biggrin.gif Licensed? Not?
Yeah, I like German names, because it's a change from the numerous English titles and it's a language I'm familiar with. Weiss Kreuz. Of course! You were the person who told me about the site in the Kyou kara Maou thread! Although I'm still very unfamiliar with it. I actually have the eps until 4, but I haven't got down to watch them...but I get all sentimental when I see the German names for them.. I must miss German...

Beyblade is one of the few animes that we have on TV here, it's not one of my favourites, but I watch all the animes we get here, since it's such a treat to get anything tongue.gif I liked the first series more. I think the characters were kind of cute, Only Tyson was chubby, but he eats a lot..soo... We never saw that to the end. In the middle of the final of the tournament in America they stopped showing it, showed a few repeats and then came V force*growls*. I think the characters are too "tiny" and I absolutely loath the dub voice for my favourite, Rei. He sounds like a 60-year old senile man! *growls*. Ah, bishounen stage? I hope that will come! biggrin.gif (as if that would be shown here though...)
Yeah, Max really isn't appreciated enough! I have a Beyblade copybook with Kai, Rei and Tyson, but hmm... certain vital person missing???? It's like missing North.. wait, it's North right? *thinks* It could be South too... I can't remember that legend thing very accurately... Tyson (Seiryuu) is east and Kai (Suzaku) is west anyway! Um, but you get what I mean anyway. Max is just as important as the other "directions"
Ah, now I can do this pairings list porperly!
ReixKai (yup, my favourite dominates)
ReixTai(look above)
ReixMariah(although I'm not such a big fan anymore)
TaixMax(hey, I like this...)
KaixTai
Jeez... Max isn't in many pairings..I don't know about ReixMax..KaixMax? Well I haven't watched enough of the series to decide anyway..Drat. It looks that with those other two included I just paired everyone with everyone tongue.gif

Oh, this is long again tongue.gif

Lime-chan: You still can't register?

--------------------
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
user posted image

+Quote Post
lime_chan_the_wa...
post Dec 2 2004, 06:21 AM
Post #71

Citizen

Member No.: 3,077

QUOTE(Kihaku @ Dec 1 2004, 11:19 AM)

Lime-chan: You still can't register?

finally now I can register*kicks computer for acting stupid*

--------------------
user posted image[/URL]
someday I want to become a man!

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Dec 18 2004, 09:33 AM
Post #72

Brigadier General

Okay! this thread has been too dead for sometime! I was counting on Kase... but she's dissappeared somewhere.....
Argh! Now to certain pairs that I've completely forgotten to list or just haven't thought about them...

Banana Fish
AshxEiji

Mobile Police Patlabor
AsumaxNoa

Digimon (how could I forget that! And one or two I totally support too!)
KenxDaisuke
TaichixYamato
TaichixDaisuke
TaichixSora
KoushiroxMimi
Hmm....of those I support KenxDaisuke and TaichixYamato....The rest I just like tongue.gif
Drat... my first post needs a few edits...
Ah, let that be for now... when I feel like it I'll edit the first post to, because I've been remembering couples I really love!(just those though.. all couples I like would make it too long tongue.gif )

--------------------
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
user posted image

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Dec 21 2004, 01:39 AM
Post #73

Moderator Emeritus

Oh, oh, oh, I've been gone so long and I can't let this thread get pushed to the second page! >.< Kihaku was counting on me and I let her down! Can't let that happen twice in a row!

Well for starters I've got more pairings to list!

Sensei no Ojikan: (spoof: shonen-ai/shoujo-ai/humor)
Kudou x Suetake/Suetake x Kudou
Seki x Kudou/Kudou x Seki

Ayatsuri Sakon: (mystery: shonen)
human!Ukon x Sakon
OC x Sakon

Seikimatsu Darling: (shonen-ai)
(Blonde) x (Black) - Ugh, I'll have to look up their names first. -.-

On a side-note:

@Kihaku: you read Banana Fish??

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Dec 21 2004, 12:07 PM
Post #74

Brigadier General

Yay! Kase is back! biggrin.gif My heart almost skipped a beat when I realised that you'd answered this... now I can make this my 1000 post. (Had to think of that tongue.gif )
Um... but this was pushed back to the third page at one time...scary...

Anyways... my first post has been edited! Not that anyone is going to read it anymore... but I had to edit it biggrin.gif
I should still remember those two guys from Sotsugyou M... Yes, I've seen the OVA biggrin.gif , but I can't remember their names...
I don't know any of those anime/manga you listed, Kase! I feel soo.... ignorant tongue.gif Have to know especially what Seikimatsu Darling is...I ordered Count Cain by the way(also known as God Child) Hope I get it. looking very much forward to it. biggrin.gif
Yeah, I've read the first few volumes of Banana Fish up to 5(besides vol 4 I think.. I couldn't find it in the library)... why? You know that too?
oh, lime-chan, I also bought the first volume of Tactics and my favourite pairing(sorry, I decided almost straight away. Okay, kidding. I decided it before opening the book tongue.gif some time before...) is HarukaxKantaro!
yeah, and that was my pair contribution today. *bows* biggrin.gif

--------------------
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
user posted image

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Dec 21 2004, 02:22 PM
Post #75

Moderator Emeritus

laugh.gif Yes, I'm back - alive and kicking! T.T I really missed you and your shonen-ai talk, you know that? X3 Can't forget about your "monster" posts either~ Hehehehe~

Woh, you ordered Count Cain?? *__* I'll be rooting for its safe arrival too! You know it's also got a sequel? That one's also called God's Hands if I'm not mistaken. Not really sure though. biggrin.gif;;

Ugh, the M boy's names are way too hard for me to remember most of the time. I basically only know Arai (last name of main character) and... well, that's it. biggrin.gif;; Shame on me, but shame on D.N. Angel mangaka for giving her characters such long names!

Ooooh, Seikimatsu Darling is about two guys falling in love, one was actually hetero (brunette) before and the other (blonde) was already gay I think. In any case the two would like to start a relationship, but neither really fancy being the uke. (They're both the same height -- and you know how ukes are always shorter than their semes X3) It's basically a gag manga about how the two figure out a way to settle once and for who should act out the role of uke. laugh.gif You've got a 30-minute OAV on the Internet somewhere. Unfortunately it hasn't gotten licensed yet. The manga either. My sis is reading the scanlations and will let me see once she's finished. smile.gif I'm really looking forward to it. (We've also downloaded the subtitled OAV - Yayness!)

"Do I know Banana Fish?" Are you kidding? It's the Godfather of all shonen-ai manga~ biggrin.gif THE first shonen-ai manga ever! I heard the artwork is kinda like a cross between Zetsuai and FAKE...?

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 05:05 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css