HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
New FMA Manga Guidebook, "Fullmetal Alchemist Chronicle" (Book release date pushed back to July 29), We have scans now! (Available on first post).
Kirara
post Jul 31 2011, 08:30 AM
Post #61

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,267

About Roy and also some Ling

Well maybe he actually won't be the one to bring democracy to the country but he might just be the catalyst/start of it.

I don't know it makes sense to me that it took time for Roy to become the leader of the country/ It obviously wouldn't have been something easy.

And I was thinking it might have been easier for Ling because he didn't have any baggage from the past like Roy had. Even if you just think about it symbolically
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
I.Love.Ed
post Jul 31 2011, 11:22 AM
Post #62

Citizen

Member No.: 70,874

SUPER AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME!!!!!!!!! XD
OMGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!! O.O
ED IS HANDSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME!!!!!!!! 8(>O<)8

--------------------

FuLLMeTAL AlChemiST
4-EVER!!!! <3 <3 <3

+Quote Post
FirstMoon
post Jul 31 2011, 12:36 PM
Post #63

Citizen

Member No.: 74,222

QUOTE (Kirara @ Jul 31 2011, 09:30 AM) *
About Roy and also some Ling

Well maybe he actually won't be the one to bring democracy to the country but he might just be the catalyst/start of it.

I don't know it makes sense to me that it took time for Roy to become the leader of the country/ It obviously wouldn't have been something easy.

And I was thinking it might have been easier for Ling because he didn't have any baggage from the past like Roy had. Even if you just think about it symbolically

Again it's reasonable for Roy but I wonder what's gonna happen to Riza if it takes that much

Also After Promised Day Roy has a very nice reputation.

That's why I can't wait the news on military more than Ed and co. That part is so blur.

--------------------

+Quote Post
paca
post Jul 31 2011, 05:40 PM
Post #64

Member No.: 34,936

posted by our baidu friends <3 -part of the timeline scaned imgs-
http://www.image-share.com/ijpg-820-68.html
http://www.image-share.com/ijpg-820-69.html

ñ_ñ

-thanks to all for the info and translations!! :3

--------------------
......if you continue to wish with that strength, the dream will become reality.........

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jul 31 2011, 05:50 PM
Post #65

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

@Kirara - Hope you get yours soon! biggrin.gif

Thank you Paca! biggrin.gif Please bring the rest of the part when/if you can get the rest! biggrin.gif

Looking at the posted part of the time table, hilary's initial amazement:
QUOTE (hilary @ Jul 29 2011, 12:49 PM) *
<Warning! Series Final/post-series Spoiler below!>
In chronicle
The time line of Edward said in 1917 (which ed and winry supposed is going to be 19 years old ) Edward and Winry got married!! Which is the same year of Edward started his journey 0_0
Also , it added that they have quite a lot of children ohmy.gif
will there be more kids that Arakawa didn't draw in chapter 108?LOL!!!

That may not be "literal" truth. (i.e. these events may not necessarily all happened in the same year)
I found the same way of listing on the time table that was in Sacred Star of Milos movie theater pamphlet that's being sold at the movie theaters in Japan. In that time table, one part has "Hohenheim leaves home" and "Trisha dies" in the same section, but that does not necessarily happened in the same year. smile.gif
(Anyway, I have to be able to see the whole time table to find out more on this. ^^)

======

Also, about the Roy having taken time with his promotions within the Amestris military, I think that might be referring to his entire career within the military, from Major to Lieutenant Colonel to Colonel and so on. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
allykatty1
post Aug 1 2011, 12:18 AM
Post #66

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,571

QUOTE (Tombow @ Jul 31 2011, 05:50 PM) *
Looking at the posted part of the time table, hilary's initial amazement:
QUOTE (hilary @ Jul 29 2011, 12:49 PM) *
<Warning! Series Final/post-series Spoiler below!>
In chronicle
The time line of Edward said in 1917 (which ed and winry supposed is going to be 19 years old ) Edward and Winry got married!! Which is the same year of Edward started his journey 0_0
Also , it added that they have quite a lot of children ohmy.gif
will there be more kids that Arakawa didn't draw in chapter 108?LOL!!!

That may not be "literal" truth. (i.e. these events may not necessarily all happened in the same year)
I found the same way of listing on the time table that was in Sacred Star of Milos movie theater pamphlet that's being sold at the movie theaters in Japan. In that time table, one part has "Hohenheim leaves home" and "Trisha dies" in the same section, but that does not necessarily happened in the same year. smile.gif
(Anyway, I have to be able to see the whole time table to find out more on this. ^^)

LOL, if it is the case that all of that is meant to have started in 1917, then they sure didn't waste any time! XD Are we still using spoiler tags? Well, just in case... While part of my modern mentality is slightly taken aback that they would get married as young as 19 and start having kids right away (let's spend more time seeing the world first!!), I guess I can accept Amestris is a different world (literally!) and time, so it's fine... not to mention we know that family is all Ed ever really wanted anyway. Winry too, after having had such rough childhoods themselves. That said, the other reluctantly girly part of me can hardly stand how adorable and perfect they are together. While I often scoff at many other romances (I am really not the chick flick type), for some reason EdWin just fills me with irrational glee. Plus, we gotta keep those gorgeous golden Xerxes genes going. The more, the better! ;D

+Quote Post
Nefertekas
post Aug 1 2011, 05:59 AM
Post #67

Citizen

Member No.: 67,307

QUOTE (allykatty1 @ Aug 1 2011, 08:18 AM) *
LOL, if it is the case that all of that is meant to have started in 1917, then they sure didn't waste any time! XD Are we still using spoiler tags? Well, just in case... While part of my modern mentality is slightly taken aback that they would get married as young as 19 and start having kids right away (let's spend more time seeing the world first!!), I guess I can accept Amestris is a different world (literally!) and time, so it's fine... not to mention we know that family is all Ed ever really wanted anyway. Winry too, after having had such rough childhoods themselves. That said, the other reluctantly girly part of me can hardly stand how adorable and perfect they are together. While I often scoff at many other romances (I am really not the chick flick type), for some reason EdWin just fills me with irrational glee. Plus, we gotta keep those gorgeous golden Xerxes genes going. The more, the better! ;D

I feel the same way. But let us not forget, that despite Amestris being a different reality from ours, they weren't even in the 1920's yet, so it's reasonable that their mentality is more like, "get hitched early on and have a bunch of kiddos right away".
Doesn't surprise me that they chose to do so, actually, what with their childhood and everything - just like you said, allykatty1. smile.gif
Makes sense given their background...also, I KNEW they'd want to have more than just 2 kids!! I just knew iiiittttt~ biggrin.gif *victory dance*
But yeah, I also feel a bit like, "Kids right away? No, go have fun being married first!" Oh well, it's great for Pinako, who I'm sure will adore being able to play with like 2 or 3 great-grandchildren before she's gone...She's not a young person anymore, won't live forever. Heck, if ed and Winry keep up with the age differences, Pinako might even live long enough to meet 5 great-grandkids. XD

Ditto on the lovely golden eyes!

I shamelessly feel so squishy and cuddly and warm inside (fangirly! >.<) about all of this. *.*

EDIT:
Oh, also, I'm sure it didn't all happen quite on the same year. If you think about it, they might have gotten married and even if Winry became pregnant in 1917, probably the baby was born in 1918. But anywhoo, that doesn't mean they DID become parents in 1917/1918, might not be a "literal statement" but more like an important date that makes a new stage (married life) and from which derives kids. Lol they weren't all born in the same year at least, I'll bet. ;D
<insertrandomthoughthere>I would love to know they'd had twins, would be awesome XD</done>

--------------------
"You have given me an arm and a leg to stand with... Your hands are not for killing.
They are the hands that save people's lives."

+Quote Post
rzerox21xx
post Aug 1 2011, 06:59 AM
Post #68

Alchemists

Member No.: 69,867

I can't wait to see the whole thing translated, thank you.

+Quote Post
rannerson
post Aug 1 2011, 08:21 AM
Post #69

Citizen

Member No.: 82,423

Aside from main characters like Ed, Al, Roy, and Ling, is there any new info about more minor characters, like the Armstrongs, the Curtises, Scar, and the Homunculi? Granted, we know a lot about most of the latter, but I'm pretty interested in seeing if there's anything new about Wrath and Mrs. Bradley because I am all about the Bradleys.

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Aug 1 2011, 03:04 PM
Post #70

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

QUOTE (Kirara @ Jul 31 2011, 05:38 AM) *
I never did manage to get Figure Red & Blue.

...I bought doubles back then and I'm actually thinking of selling the doubles LOL *shot*

<Maybe you and Kirara can discuss this further by PM? ^^ Hope something can work out. C: ~ Tombow>

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 1 2011, 03:40 PM
Post #71

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (rannerson @ Aug 1 2011, 11:21 AM) *
Aside from main characters like Ed, Al, Roy, and Ling, is there any new info about more minor characters, like the Armstrongs, the Curtises, Scar, and the Homunculi? Granted, we know a lot about most of the latter, but I'm pretty interested in seeing if there's anything new about Wrath and Mrs. Bradley because I am all about the Bradleys.

Congrats on your first post, and welcome to the forum, rannerson! ^^

I haven't posted this additional info about the Chronicle (I'm working on it, but currently we got so much stuff/info to translate and take care of XP)
Anyway, here is the list of characters that has "Character Intro/Info" in the Chronicle, and the volume of the info.

4 pages: Ed, Al, Roy
3 pages: Lin
2 pages: Hohenheim, Father
1 page: Scar, Winry, Riza, Olivier, Wrath
1/2 page: Hughes, Havoc, Kimblee, LanFun(Ranfan), Who(Fuu), Pride, Envy
1/4 page: Breda, Falman, Fuery, Ross, Marcoh, Knox, Miles, Buccaneer, Alex, Grumman, Heinkel, Darius, Jelso(Gelso), Zampano, May(Mei), Yoki, Izumi, Pinaco, Lust, Gluttony, Sloth, Greed
Other characters got 1/32 pages.

In general, so far I don't see much new info/revelations, except...

* it seems "Homunculus in the flask" might have not developed that huge scheme/ambition if King of Xerxes had not requested to give him the immortality... but, I haven't confirmed this yet by reading all the relevant raw part in Chronicle. smile.gif

* Al's armor weighs 10kg plus several kg... so, maybe around 15 ~ 17 kg?

* Roy is considered as very good-looking guy among some fans, but actually, his "look" is above average, and his height isn't particularly tall.

* Among homunculi, Arakawa-sensei considered to keep (Warning! Sort of close to Series Final Spoiler! --->) Greed alive.

And a couple more... I will add that later. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Aug 1 2011, 04:37 PM
Post #72

Ha Ha it seems Arakawa was surprised by Roy's popularity. But I think Roy's attraction comes from his character. It's not just his looks. If that makes sense. smile.gif

Thanks for the translations and tidbits Tombow. Even when I get the book I won't be able to read this stuff so it's very helpful.

+Quote Post
Ing
post Aug 1 2011, 04:46 PM
Post #73

Citizen

Member No.: 74,042

thank you Tombow for the snippets. Does Chronicles contain any information/explanation on the big arse--chapter 104 spoilers--trasmutation of Amestris/Earth Gate/God?
'cause i never really grasped what the use of the human sacrifices were, and also, how did the giant form of father was made/created..... i remember a scene from the manga where the underground pipes rising up are shown but didn't that made total sense to me.....
anyway thank you for the infos, Tombow.

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Aug 2 2011, 08:24 PM
Post #74

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

QUOTE (Tombow @ Jul 31 2011, 09:50 PM) *
Also, about the Roy having taken time with his promotions within the Amestris military, I think that might be referring to his entire career within the military, from Major to Lieutenant Colonel to Colonel and so on. smile.gif

That makes sense... even because, in the manga's epilogue, that would show something around 1919 (maybe?) Roy is already a 3 star General, which means he's on the top of the career, already... I take that a lot more as a joke by Arakawa as to say Grumman is "a hard one" than actually a prospect as to Roy taking many years to get to become Führer.

Moreover, Arakawa has stated more than once she though Roy was "too young to become Führer", which might as well affect in that. But, just the same, I agree that it seems to be in regards to the military career as a whole, and not about him becoming Führer.

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Aug 3 2011, 04:51 AM
Post #75

Well we don't know when that Brig General pic took place. I had the feeling that those pics were from various times in the future.

That being said I suppose a long time could be related to his whole career. But I still think it would take a little time for Roy to move to the very top. He might not have been an elderly man though since he started off quite young.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th June 2016 - 01:13 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css