HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
New FMA Manga Guidebook, "Fullmetal Alchemist Chronicle" (Book release date pushed back to July 29), We have scans now! (Available on first post).
Nefertekas
post Jun 6 2012, 06:41 AM
Post #121

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,307

Thank you so much, A Pierrot's Aria ! I just wish they'd translate those chronicles... I'm so curious to know more. *.*

--------------------
"You have given me an arm and a leg to stand with... Your hands are not for killing.
They are the hands that save people's lives."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
allykatty1
post Jun 7 2012, 06:16 PM
Post #122

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,571

I don't suppose anyone ever translated the interviews with Arakawa in the "Chronicle" book into English? Or for that matter, that other book that came out last year full of academic essays centered around FMA? *sigh* Really, really wish I could speak Japanese fluently... >_<

I seriously doubt either of these will ever be officially translated and published in English, so some kind person translating and posting online is probably the best we could hope for! Same probably goes for the unabridged editions of the manga. I'm sure I'll buy them anyway at some point, but it is frustrating. *siiiigggghhhh* sleep.gif

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Jun 8 2012, 05:18 PM
Post #123

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

Unfortunately, it would be highly unlikely for these to be translated into official English edition due to the ENORMOUS amount of work required to translate these (they are WALL OF TEXT compared to word bubbles in a comic). Heck, they didn't even publish the Perfect Guidebook 1-3 back then and those didn't have as much text as this Chronicles book...

These are difficult to translate...

So don't keep your hopes high for a translated official version of these x_x

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 8 2012, 07:01 PM
Post #124

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

I agree with AA battery on all accounts. "Wall of Text" is right, and comparing the volume of text involved, translating manga chapter was like a walk in the park compared to translating the whole chronicle. xp And, sadly, the series has ended and accordingly as the time passes there are less marketing interests for the series related publications, so, unfortunately, I think it is less likely that we'd get the official English translations. I hope the publisher would prove me wrong and we'll see the English version of the Chronicle, but sadly I'm not holding high hopes for it. :(

Translating Eureka articles requires a whole different level of efforts also, as it requires deeper knowledge and understanding of Japanese culture and art, or enough research to supplement, in order to grasp the accurate meaning of the article. And, I'm not sure how much demand there is among English speaking FMA fans for English translations of these articles, as this is more specialized readings, and I highly doubt that we'll ever see official English version of this. ...although, myself I'd LOVE to read these articles in English, much more so than other "fluff" articles/publications.

Personally, I'm still interested in translating Arakawa's interviews on Eureka, if anyone can provide the scan of the original and when & if I can find time. Unfortunately, my real life has been quite hectic, and I'm afraid it would be likely to get even more hectic for the next couple of months, so I've been trying to avoid making any commitment I may not be able to fulfil. Later on I might be able to help, but meantime I hope some other Japanese-English speaking FMA fans (current or ex) can volunteer and translate at least some of the pages from these publications.

--------------------

+Quote Post
allykatty1
post Jun 9 2012, 03:25 PM
Post #125

Apprentice

Yeah, I have a copy of the Eureka essays book and really am DYING to see them translated... but it is also true I don't think anyone else has scanned them yet... right? I suppose I could break down and scan my mint-condition copy (rather OCD in this regard, hahaha, so I'd have to be extra careful not to bend the spine, which could be difficult).

Am I right in thinking no one else has scanned those essays? I remember seeing the table of contents translated a while back, but no actual pages.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 9 2012, 06:22 PM
Post #126

Group Icon

@allykatty1 - No, as far as we know nobody has made available scans of actual pages of that issue of Eureka magazine yet. Table of content was taken from the website of the publisher and translated by me when that issue of magazine came out. Of course it would be nice to have scans of the original pages of these articles, and it would be mighty kind of you if you could make scans, but please note that we don't know how long it might take to have the translations of scanned pages, or for that matter, there is no guarantee that we can get them all translated. So... please think twice before you ruin your mint-condition magazine, and make sure that's all right with you. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
allykatty1
post Jun 12 2012, 09:45 PM
Post #127

Apprentice

Hahaha, duly noted. XD I am patient when needs be and I sure would like to see this magazine translated... I am very interested in academic approaches to FMA (and am actually writing such an article myself right now, as I mentioned recently in another thread). I might scan these pages sometime in the next month or so (GAHH, so busy myself right now!!!). smile.gif

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 13 2012, 02:53 AM
Post #128

Group Icon

@allykatty1 - That sounds good! Please do! I'm patient also and I will wait. ^^
I'm also looking forward to reading your FMA article when you're done. happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Abdulkareem Sher...
post Dec 8 2012, 02:58 PM
Post #129

Citizen

Member No.: 97,049

Did anyone ever get to translating the timeline or interviews?
Thank you

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Dec 9 2012, 09:48 PM
Post #130

Group Icon

QUOTE (Abdulkareem Sheraif @ Dec 8 2012, 05:58 PM) *
Did anyone ever get to translating the timeline or interviews?
Thank you

@Abdulkareem Sheraif - Only small bits of timeline have been translated. If someone can provide the scan of the original I may be able to manage time to do it....possibly. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Abdulkareem Sher...
post Dec 10 2012, 02:05 AM
Post #131

Citizen

Member No.: 97,049

Unfortunately it seems that there are no scans as of yet or difficult to find. Thank you very much for your generous offer though. I will hopefully take you up on your generosity one day.

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Dec 10 2012, 07:32 AM
Post #132

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

Uuuh... I scanned the majority of the pages from the FMA Chronicle, including the timelines which are all on the first post of this thread.

It'd be awesome to see the timelines translated --they're the only things I'm personally interested in seeing translated to be honest. xD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Dec 12 2012, 06:19 AM
Post #133

Group Icon

^ You're right, A Pierrot's Aria, I got it mixed up with other FMA material. I will try to get some translations this weekend.^^

--------------------

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 12:49 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css