Chaos Theory, Let the chaos begin!
Rating 5 V
Razzy
post Nov 20 2010, 04:59 PM
Post #31

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 39,817

Tom had been absentmindedly poking at his side, which was bleeding a bit and still painful (however, he seemed more upset over his vest being ripped and blood-stained, and therefore ruined.)

He did this in an attempt to ignore the fire as much as possible; as a young adult he had developed a small, but bizarre, pyrophobia. The screaming did not help, but Tom realized, Ah, c'est la vie; at least they were done with that one.

"What?" Tom asked, staring back at Pierce. His tone was almost careful, as though he suspected that he was in some kind of trouble.

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Nov 22 2010, 10:10 AM
Post #32

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,405

Pierce stared blankly at Tom as, if he had taken for granted that he wanted the location of the others, who had participated in that shadowy meeting with the recently departed.

"The two others, where are they now?"

Pierce asked with a tense tone of voice, he wondered whether the two had any means of keeping track of thugs whereabouts or state. There were many more individuals in this world than Tom and his shadow friends, who posessed the capabality to spy on almost any corner of the city at any given time. Pierce merely hoped, that they had not stumbled on one in the process, but then again if they had at least the reaction to the death of the thug should prove useful. No doubt he would immidiately warn the other member of that meeting and Pierce could easily go about reacting to their next move. At least the killer might realize, that someone was on his trail.

Pierce wasn`t particularry planning on a chase, not him, but Malphas and his gang might be more than happy to help with that.

--------------------

I am love, I am hate, I'm an atheist with faith, Vent my anger with a smile

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Nov 22 2010, 08:04 PM
Post #33

Tom turned to his shadow, waiting for an answer. His shadow seemed to look around, as though unsure where its sources of information were. It still seemed as though the other shadows were trying to avoid spilling the information. Tom was sure now that they were afraid of something within the suspects' gang, who would surely not be pleased with shadows giving out their whereabouts to those chasing them down.

But his shadow, always astute, quickly discerned the helpful shadows from the useless ones. There was an exchange between it and Tom, then Tom spoke up again:

"They seem to be at the train station still further north of here. I'd think our best bet is to get to the station post-haste, and follow them onto whichever train they're getting ready to board. I believe we could get there just in time to board."

He thought for a moment, then continued,

"We could keep an eye on them and wait until the train stops to attack, obviously to avoid drawing attention to ourselves from outsiders. Or we can create a panic and start a fight during the train ride. I'm sure, Mara, you wouldn't mind that." Tom laughed a little. "But Pierce is in charge, so whatever floats your boat, sir."

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Nov 24 2010, 11:29 AM
Post #34

Alchemists

Pierce`s seemed disgruntled all of the sudden as, if he had been insulted by someone. It was as, if he had been expecting a game of intellect, but instead his opponent decided to turn his back and run away.

"Ah what a bother..."

Pierce muttered in his usual relaxed style and drew a pocketwatch out of his vest pocket. For a few seconds he seemed to be staring at the clock before smothering his cigarette with a grin on his face. He glanced at the others with a tranquil face.

"Okay... here`s the game plan. Tom inform Malphas`s gang of what`s happening and have them surround the train station. They may not be eager to listen to you, but you should be able to sway them by telling that the killer they are looking for is aboard that train. Mara I want you in that train and to track down our runaways, but don`t let them catch onto you....

Meanwhile I´ll make certain, that there will be a... technical malfunction. After everyone has done their parts, we meet up at the train station and watch the show unfold."

Pierce instructed his employee`s with a calm, but decisive tone of voice. Tough they didn`t seem to have difficult tasks, time was of the essence and they couldn`t afford to waste a second further.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Nov 25 2010, 08:41 PM
Post #35

“Aye aye, sir.” Tom gave a mock salute and then merged into the shadows.

Tom had paid enough visits to Malphas’s gang to figure out where their center of operations, so to speak, was located. Tom –who seldom planned ahead- saw no problems in trying to convince the gang. But his shadow thought otherwise, and tried to tell Tom so.

“You’re acting neurotic,” Tom hissed as he stood in the alleyway between Malphas’s building and another decrepit building. By this point he was completely annoyed by his shadow’s behavior. It always acted up whenever the gang of half-breeds was mentioned.

It hissed back, in a voice that only Tom could hear, They won’t listen to you. They won’t listen.

“And why is that?”

It’s not like you’re the dead man or the half-breed girl. You’re a human.

“And?”

I simply have a feeling they won’t listen to you.

“Simply a feeling? Oh, come now. What nonsense is that? They’ve seen my face before. They know who and what I work for.”

Well, do as you please. But I think I should take my end of the bargain now, and while I’m at it, I can help you with the talking. You’re not very good at persuasion.

Tom shrugged, not caring either way. “Fine. But wait until we get inside.”

It was Pierce who usually got Tom and Mara into the building, so Tom was unsure how to let himself in, other than by sneaking in. Though that was really not a smart idea. So he simply walked to one of the back doors and knocked, hoping he would be recognized by whoever was inside.

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Nov 27 2010, 06:10 PM
Post #36

Alchemists

Member No.: 47,159

For a second Mara stood there in silence, almost as if doubting, but after a heartbeat she opened her mouth to mumble a soft "Alright" and then turn around to dissapear in the shadows. *Let's just wait...* She thought patiently...an uncommon trait in her.

--------------------

(\_/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
(O.o) signature to help him on his way to
(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Nov 28 2010, 02:17 PM
Post #37

Alchemists

Pierce glanced at Mara with contempt on his face as, if she had said something out of turn.

"It`s not our job to do anything else, that is asked of us."

He said with an evasive tone before turning on his heels and skipping towards the train station via another route than Mara.

------------

The door swung open with a rugged looking gangster staring down on Tom, clearly the man was not pleased by what he saw and neither was Tom probably. The thug grabbed Tom by the collar and pulled him inside before slamming the door. Another man appeared with a curious look on his face, they stood in a large hallway with very little space to move about.

"It`s that ghouls whipping boy ain`t he?"

The one, who had pulled Tom inside, growled with a frustrated tone. Clearly their search had yielded very little results and these two seemed to be on the brink of beating someone to death, all they needed was an excuse. The other half-breed drew closer, suspiciously glaring at Tom.

"Well, what`s your business here?"

He demanded.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Nov 28 2010, 08:13 PM
Post #38

Tom, whose shadow could sense that its host was quite uncomfortable in this situation, gladly let his shadow take over. It took only an instant for his eyes to change from red to black, and his shadow disappeared from sight. Now his shadow was in control of everything- body and mind. The human’s demeanor was significantly calmer as “Tom” then said with a strange smile:

“I’ve been sent by the dead ma- er,… Pierce. We’ve got your killer and his accomplice located. They’re presently ready to board a train at the station in the north section of the city.

“However, we’ve only got the three of us, and we would greatly appreciate your help to catch this killer that you’re all so desperate to find.”

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Dec 5 2010, 08:25 AM
Post #39

Alchemists

Mara walked down the train hallway, on one hand being careful not to make her shoes clink against the metal, while on the other being oblivious enough to show she didnt really care that much. She softly tapped her nail against the glass as she looked around, once in a while stopping infront of different compartment doors.

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Dec 5 2010, 02:51 PM
Post #40

Alchemists

The duo glanced at each others with suspicion gleaming in their eyes, ecspecially after Tom`s sudden transformation, which they found rather unnerving or annoying to say the least. The other man let go of Tom, but as he was about to open his mouth a new arrival cut him off. This third man was far older than the duo, his face was scarred and his arms were covered in tattoos. The duo respectfully stepped aside as the man stepped in front of Tom.

"About damn time you people got something our perp, you two, round up the a few of our boys and then we will head on over to the station en masse."

The old man said with a surprisingly co-operative and eager tone, he did not seem to share the suspicion of these two, which probably meant he knew more and was higher ranking than these two.

"But he`s being controlled by a shadow, there`s no telling what that rotter is up to." The first man protested and even took a step towards Tom in order to grab him, but received a painful blow to his ribs from the lieutenant of the gang. The old liutenant grinned with a certain degree of satisfaction on his face as the man whelped and held his ribs before falling to his knee. The other brute chose to disappear and carry out his orders in that instant. In the gang power was everything, when someone had a dispute, they would settle it by bashing in each others heads. Usually no one died in these fights, merely had their pride hurt, but sometimes deaths did occur and even then no one cared.

They were a pack of hungry wolves, always bickering amongst one another yet managing to retain their senses and common goals, that if nothing made for one hellish opponent.

And that very same pack was about to descend upon the two suspects.

(Razzy, you can describe Tom leading the gang to the station)

----------

Pierce stood at the side of the train, examining the traffic on the pier and making mental notes of anyone, who seemed suspicious. He didn`t know what their suspects looked like per se, but he had a clue and that might be enough. Yet then again he had other, far more pressing concerns such as how to stop the trains from leaving. There were only ten minutes on the clock and the gang would never make it in time at this rate tough they were probably on their way. Pierce paced down the pier to the beginning of the train and sneaked past a few guardsmen at the station, he slipped from shadow to shadow and for once actually hoped that he had Tom`s abilities at hand.

Yet he had to make due without them as he approached the train itself, he quickly leaped to the train and gazed around at the machinery with a grin. He had caught the driver alone with his back turned and procceeded to knock him unconcious with a shovel, conveniently placed at his feet. The thud was loud and caught the attention of the guards, which meant that Pierce had to move fast. He summoned and left it hovering in the air inside the train, near the driving machinery. As the guards approached he leapt onto the other side and merely at the snap of his fingers the train burst into flames along with the driver. Pierce smirked eerily as the guards rushed to investigate, granting him enough time to escape into the shadows in the commotion.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Dec 9 2010, 03:29 PM
Post #41

‘Tom’ could only laugh at the gangsters' obvious suspicions. Of course they were right to be suspicious, as shadows had a terrible habit of deceit -and Tom's was no exception. As he spoke his eyes wandered around the room as though inspecting it.

"Oh, come now. Don't be so mistrusting. I’m certain you’d rather be following me than that host of mine.” –here he scoffed- “I’m the reason we even found your suspects. Tom has given me the great privilege of standing before you now, for my incredibly helpful contributions to this mission. However, I might allow you to talk to him, if you eventually want to…”

It could sense Tom was already regretting making their deal. Their relationship was rather strange, and very inconsistent (much like the shapes of shadows). Although they had been able to cooperate for the past couple of years, it was Tom’s shadow who, lately, made it harder for them to work together. Tom, tired of fighting, was always giving in to his shadow’s ridiculous behavior, seeing as how they were –quite literally- stuck together anyway.

Now he turned, and led the gangsters outside and started toward the station.

“It’s quite a long walk. Though I’m sure you all can handle it.” Tom’s shadow, in this form, could not travel by shadows as Tom could. It was always confused by this; it was an unexpected inconvenience. But it supposed it could always give Tom his body back if faster travel was needed.

(Sorry, at the moment I have massive writer’s block. Or something.)

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Jan 25 2011, 03:24 PM
Post #42

Alchemists

(Eh dunno whether anyone else is still around, but do feel free to post if you are around... I´ve been very busy as of late, but I`ll give this another go.)

In a matter of minutes the station was filled with inquisitive people, who were not there to merely travel, but had been drawn in from nearby, attracted by the racket. Like moths to a flame it seemed, but luckily for Pierce the officials began to obstruct the entrances until the matter could be solved. Obviously they seemed to suspect that whoever caused all this ruckus, as well as possibly killed a man, was still about all tough there was no actual proof that any crime had been commited. Pierce sat on the sidelines, attempting to remain inconspicous. His gaze scoured the crowed for anything out of the ordinary or anyone attempting to flee that station with haste.

However like a god send, before he managed to dwell on picking a suspect out of the crowd, a mob busted through the officials quarentine and shoved a number of people to the ground as they made their way to the centre of the stations platform. Pierce glanced at them with a disappointed expression albeit he was pleased to see the gang arrive.

"About time..."

Pierce glanced at Tom, who had arrived along with the gang, and he had a feeling that `Tom` wasn`t actually Tom.

"So shadow, since Mara hasn`t returned you`ll have to find the suspects and point these guys in the right direction. Then our part is done with..."

--------------------

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Jan 25 2011, 08:13 PM
Post #43

(Hi, The Mad Bomber! Nice to see you post again. biggrin.gif As for the posting, I’m active, and I usually see Mai log in often. Though you guys may be busy (you’re obviously busy, as you said before), so I understand that it takes a while to post.)

‘Tom’ was less than eager to follow Pierce’s orders; at the moment, the shadow was much more interested in gallivanting around the city than carrying out its host’s errands. Eventually, after staring at Pierce with a glare like that of a spoiled adolescent who did not want to obey his parents, it answered, “I thought his only job was to fetch these thugs-” and pointed a thumb at the two following behind. "Let the half-breed girl do it." It made no further argument, but did not move either.

Tom deeply wished that his shadow would learn to filter what it said, but then again, who would expect a being like that to be tactful? Tom also wished that his shadow would not be a total a** about the ordeal, since time was of the essence…

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Jan 26 2011, 03:19 PM
Post #44

Alchemists

Pierce seemed unphased by the talk back of the shadow now in posession of Tom`s body. He glanced at the thugs, who were now joined by more than ten other gang members, before addressing the troublesome shadow.

"Well obviously you have been misinformed, but if you wish to disobey me over such a meager task then please go ahead by all means.... tough I should give you are a word of warning. Should we lose these guys now, there is going to be outrage and some of that will be pointed at me. Now, despite how casual I might appear, I cope terribly with all kinds of problems outside my influence. Needless to point out this would affect our business and consequently poor ol Tom`s schedule.

Also in case you have not noticed, there are about a dozen of bloodthirsty half-demons standing rightbehind you and you mean to deny them their revenge. Mr. shadow, I don`t think that poor ol Tom would appriciate all that abuse he suffers while your steering the ship. Get it?"

Pierce explained the viable consequences of failure on this case and that he had very little time for idle chit-chat as the longer they dragged this on, the more likely their targets were to escape.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Jan 26 2011, 04:37 PM
Post #45

Alchemists

(*glomps* The rp is alive again! XD These days I've been too busy to even breath, but I'll manage XDXD)

"The "half-breed girl" has a name" Mara's cold voice hissed behind them. "AND the half-breed did her job" She whispered, for a second forgetting about Tom's comments and smirking proudly. "No offense, but setting fire to the whole damn place wasnt exactly the "best" move. They dispersed like rats..." She was saying to Pierce when her eyes casually went from his face to his back...where she spotted Malphas gang. And almost like if a thunder had struck her, her words died out, and her expression went from one of alarm to one of anger.

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th August 2016 - 06:10 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css