Chaos Theory, Let the chaos begin!
Rating 5 V
The Mad Bomber
post Oct 17 2010, 05:35 AM
Post #1

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,405

The city of Zion, an industrial city located at the centre of vast plains, is seemingly peaceful and tranquil with it`s streets being patrolled by well armed patrols. Yet despite that every single citizen knows better than that and locks their doors in order to stay safe, not from thieves or burglars mind you. As of late the city has been shaken by nightly battles between unknown participants, no one knows who they are or what they want, but one thing that is certain is that they do not like each others. The situation seems to be spiraling out of control and the governor of the city seems to be buried with various complaints as it seems alarmingly apparent that no one is safe from this unknown plight.

Yet where there is chaos, there is also opportunity, at least for those who are powerful enough to grasp it.

Speaking of opportunity.... in an obscure corner of the city known as the Red District, is an old run down building. It was once some sort of social club judging by the looks of it, but it seems to have been recently renovated by the new propioter of the building. Above the heavy, oaken twin doors hangs a large sign with the word `Chaos` written on it, a name that might have befit some kind of occult club of somesort. Upon entering, you find yourself in a small lounge with a couch, a desk and a chair. The couch is empty and judging by the dust it has gathered does not seem to be in frequent use, the desk on the other hand seems to be polished so that one can see their own image upon the wooden surface. Neatly bundled on the desk lays a red book and a pen, nothing out of the ordinary it seems. The walls are painted dark green and most of the furniture is either wooden or red coloured, creating a somewhat cosy athmosphere. On the other side of the room is yet another set of twin doors and judging by the scribling sound resonating from within someone is feverously writing something down.

Upon entering the room you find yourself being stared down by a lanky figure standing right next to you. He simply examines you from head to toe before returning to whence he came, sitting down behind a desk directly facing the entrance, some five meters away from the door. Looking around at the room you find it to be surprisingly spacious with a staircase to your left, the desk in front of you and a whole lounge exending to the right. The lounge is fully accomodated with luxurious couches, chairs, an antique table in the middle, a fireplace and even a pool table at the end of the room near two windows that allow to keep an eye on the only street providing entrance to the building.

The lanky man, who has continued writing something down begins to speak with a calm tone and invites you to sit across him. You move without a second thought and nervously glance around, feeling as tough there was someone else in the room besides you and the apparent owner of the business. You glance about the room nervously, trying to find the words to describe the problem you and that you had heard that the owner might be able to help in return for a fee. Before you manage to say anything the owner speaks one word only.

Yes

You are no doubt confused and begin to inquire what he meant by that. The owner bluntly admits that his operation might seem rather obscure yet he continues to explain that only the those, who are ignorant of what is going on in the city do not know about his work. The lanky man stops writing and leans back in his chair as he confirms that he is indeed in the business of eradicating, expelling the occult elements that plague the city. Starting from demons to their angelic counter parts and other supernatural beings that bother the common folk. He goes onto warn that his fee is quite high as he his associates are quite a greedy bunch, but without a doubt they could get the job done.

You are either relieved that you have found the solution to your problems or terrified that your worst fears have come true, but whatever the case you go onto describe what is plaguing you and what you want done about it. The lanky man seems to be listening keenly and at the same time his pen scribbles down every little detail. After having described the problem the man insists to be paid in advance, which you are luckily prepared for and hand over the savings you had withdrawn from the bank earlier that day. The man counts the money with a shark-like smile and you swear that those teeth are not human, or at least that`s what your mind keep telling you.

After placing the money aside the propertior informs you that as soon as they are able, either he or one of his associates will deal with the situation. Without a word you get up from the chair, simply wanting to leave the building as soon as possible. Yet as you open the first twin doors you gaze at the lounge behind you, you see shadowy figures appearing on the couches and then when you look again at the entrance lounge there is someone sitting in the chair, that was certainly empty the entire time you were there. These figures, you know that they are not human and that you had just hired the owner to get rid of one akin to them. You slowly turn to look at the owner of the store, who simply smirks at you with a set of decaying teeth.

"Ignorance is bliss eh?"

The man laughs as you charge out of the building and quickly pace away from the building, putting as much distance between yourself and beings within.

-----------

Basicly Zion is plagued by supernaturals running rampant and battling each others or simply disturbing the common peace. Chaos is an agency formed by my character, that deals with situations involving the supernatural. Chaos employs humans with abilities, demons etc, whatever you can think kinda. They aren`t really good or evil, simply being looking to make a profit out of other people`s misfortune. The techology is around 1800 so guns exist, but they are flintlocks, muskets etc. Early industrialism is beginning with railroads being fairly new, but existing, The common populance is usually taught to believe is reasoning and logical thinking, which relates to the whole events.

Common people are unable to see demons or other beings because they do not basicly `believe`, that they exist, ignorance is bliss basicly. People with powers and some people, who might be very religious are actually able to see the supernatural because they do not `ignore` their existance. The basic idea here is that, the human brain basicly tells the human that something isn`t possible and that is why they simply cannot see what really is. Supernaturals can appear to humans as human beings to fool and even live amongst them, making it the perfect cover, but there is the risk that some humans might be able to see through the `disguise`.

Everyone is free to join and you can take any role you want to. You can be part of Chaos (at least one besides me hopefully), a unaffiliated supernatural, independent demon hunter(just an example), or a normal human, who discovers the supernatural. These are some examples, I basicly give you full freedom on this. If your character is apart of Chaos, you can either have them be a member from the start(and we`ll put together a bit of a history between our characters naturally) or you can have them join up, how you ask? Posters, yes, I said posters. Chaos is sorely lacking in personnel, forcing the owner to spread posters around his corner of the city, hoping that some desperate supernatural would catch onto the chance to make some cash etc.

Characters:

Name: Pierce
Race: Poltergeist posessing a dead human.
Job: The Manager Of Chaos
Personality: Opportunistic, mellow, lazy.
Strong points: Able to stay calm in danger and read his enemies in order to exploit their weakness.
Weak points: Overconfident, unwilling to make initiatives.
Weapons: A pair of steel reinforced fighting gloves
Abilities: Pierce is able creating illusions in order to manipulate people, possible even demons and other beings. His body is able to take an unprecedented amount of punishment and simply continue moving as it is already dead, broken bones and bloodvessels mean nothing to him. He also possess superhuman strength, tough he rarely exhibits this ability as he chooses to avoid hand-to-hand battles, if he can.
Appearance:Tall, lanky. Dark hair, hazy greenish eyes.
History: Pierce, as he is now known, has excelled in his new supernatural form so well that he has actually come to enjoy the state of undeath. By possessing a human body he can almost live as a normal human, but as a side effect he seems to have completely forgotten his former identity and the very reason, why he still exists on earth as a poltergeist. Needless to say he seems to have simply chosen to continue living like a human albeit in supernatural conditions and with his abilities is able to even compete with the demons in battle tough he prefers to use diplomacy as his first weapon.
Picture:

--------------------

I am love, I am hate, I'm an atheist with faith, Vent my anger with a smile
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Jan 26 2011, 04:37 PM
Post #2

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,159

(*glomps* The rp is alive again! XD These days I've been too busy to even breath, but I'll manage XDXD)

"The "half-breed girl" has a name" Mara's cold voice hissed behind them. "AND the half-breed did her job" She whispered, for a second forgetting about Tom's comments and smirking proudly. "No offense, but setting fire to the whole damn place wasnt exactly the "best" move. They dispersed like rats..." She was saying to Pierce when her eyes casually went from his face to his back...where she spotted Malphas gang. And almost like if a thunder had struck her, her words died out, and her expression went from one of alarm to one of anger.

--------------------

(\_/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
(O.o) signature to help him on his way to
(><) world domination.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- The Mad Bomber   Chaos Theory   Oct 17 2010, 05:35 AM
- - MaiShadowAlchemist   O-O I'm in!!! (Just give me some t...   Oct 17 2010, 07:32 PM
- - Razzy   I'll join too. Name: Thomas “Tom...   Oct 17 2010, 08:38 PM
- - MaiShadowAlchemist   (Sorry for being so late! T-T I know it sucks ...   Oct 19 2010, 09:46 PM
- - The Mad Bomber   (I am starting this one, people can still join in,...   Oct 20 2010, 12:14 AM
- - Razzy   “I suppose I should head back now,” To...   Oct 20 2010, 01:58 PM
- - MaiShadowAlchemist   "I'll have to disagree with the second...   Oct 20 2010, 05:19 PM
- - The Mad Bomber   Pierce sighed heavily, rubbing his sore neck with ...   Oct 21 2010, 02:22 AM
- - Razzy   Tom did not expect to hear of an assignment such a...   Oct 21 2010, 08:03 AM
- - The Mad Bomber   "Yes, all three of us." Pierce confirme...   Oct 21 2010, 01:01 PM
- - MaiShadowAlchemist   Mara couldnt help but snicker softly "I knew ...   Oct 21 2010, 09:30 PM
- - Razzy   "I'd think it's safe to say that ther...   Oct 22 2010, 06:17 AM
- - The Mad Bomber   Pierce motioned for them to follow as he began wal...   Oct 23 2010, 03:37 PM
- - MaiShadowAlchemist   "Ohh...that's sort of racist dont you thi...   Oct 23 2010, 06:05 PM
- - Razzy   While Pierce and Mara were making conversation, To...   Oct 23 2010, 10:16 PM
- - The Mad Bomber   Pierce stared at Mara for a brief moment, if there...   Oct 24 2010, 10:21 AM
- - Razzy   Tom noticed that his shadow seemed dismal as it pa...   Oct 25 2010, 08:04 AM
- - MaiShadowAlchemist   Mara just turned around to look at the hanged body...   Oct 25 2010, 08:31 PM
- - The Mad Bomber   They arrived at the morgue after a few more minute...   Oct 27 2010, 10:11 AM
- - MaiShadowAlchemist   Mara's smirk of delight vanished as Pierce bas...   Oct 27 2010, 04:23 PM
- - Razzy   Tom sighed slowly, as though dreadfully bored. ...   Oct 27 2010, 07:53 PM
- - The Mad Bomber   Pierce barged into the room with the two bodies ly...   Oct 31 2010, 11:40 AM
- - MaiShadowAlchemist   (I'm alive!!) Mara stepped out of the...   Nov 3 2010, 03:11 PM
- - The Mad Bomber   Pierce quietly stared at her, if there would have ...   Nov 7 2010, 12:14 AM
- - MaiShadowAlchemist   "You know...there IS a way of poisoning a dem...   Nov 7 2010, 08:33 AM
- - Razzy   Tomís shadow led him to- what appeared to be- a st...   Nov 7 2010, 12:24 PM
- - The Mad Bomber   Pierce did not even sacrifice a thought as Mara bl...   Nov 8 2010, 06:53 AM
- - Razzy   Tom was never fond of combat, considering he was n...   Nov 9 2010, 08:25 PM
- - MaiShadowAlchemist   "Oh my...a turncoat...I cant help but feel sh...   Nov 15 2010, 07:02 PM
- - The Mad Bomber   The man remained stoic and only glared murderously...   Nov 20 2010, 03:42 PM
- - Razzy   Tom had been absentmindedly poking at his side, wh...   Nov 20 2010, 04:59 PM
- - The Mad Bomber   Pierce stared blankly at Tom as, if he had taken f...   Nov 22 2010, 10:10 AM
- - Razzy   Tom turned to his shadow, waiting for an answer. H...   Nov 22 2010, 08:04 PM
- - The Mad Bomber   Pierce`s seemed disgruntled all of the sudden ...   Nov 24 2010, 11:29 AM
- - Razzy   “Aye aye, sir.” Tom gave a mock salute...   Nov 25 2010, 08:41 PM
- - MaiShadowAlchemist   For a second Mara stood there in silence, almost a...   Nov 27 2010, 06:10 PM
- - The Mad Bomber   Pierce glanced at Mara with contempt on his face a...   Nov 28 2010, 02:17 PM
- - Razzy   Tom, whose shadow could sense that its host was qu...   Nov 28 2010, 08:13 PM
- - MaiShadowAlchemist   Mara walked down the train hallway, on one hand be...   Dec 5 2010, 08:25 AM
- - The Mad Bomber   The duo glanced at each others with suspicion glea...   Dec 5 2010, 02:51 PM
- - Razzy   ‘Tom’ could only laugh at the gangster...   Dec 9 2010, 03:29 PM
- - The Mad Bomber   (Eh dunno whether anyone else is still around, but...   Jan 25 2011, 03:24 PM
- - Razzy   (Hi, The Mad Bomber! Nice to see you post agai...   Jan 25 2011, 08:13 PM
- - The Mad Bomber   Pierce seemed unphased by the talk back of the sha...   Jan 26 2011, 03:19 PM
- - Razzy   (Why is it that I'm the only one who's nev...   Jan 26 2011, 05:31 PM
- - The Mad Bomber   As Mara`s attention turned elsewhere, mainly a...   Jan 28 2011, 12:48 PM
- - MaiShadowAlchemist   Mara just stood there, as Pierce's words hardl...   Jan 28 2011, 03:10 PM
- - Razzy   (Sorry for the late post. I was sick over the week...   Jan 31 2011, 01:50 PM
- - The Mad Bomber   (Mai, you can post about Mara joining the fray, if...   Feb 1 2011, 01:56 PM
- - Razzy   The shadow stepped away from the dead thug with a ...   Feb 8 2011, 02:54 PM
- - The Mad Bomber   It appeared, that the gang members did not need an...   Feb 8 2011, 03:13 PM
- - MaiShadowAlchemist   Suddenly, amid all the fighting, the whistling sou...   Feb 8 2011, 06:27 PM
- - The Mad Bomber   As the situation grew ever more desperate for the ...   Feb 9 2011, 08:59 AM
- - MaiShadowAlchemist   Steam coming from her burnt skin, Mara frowned ang...   Feb 9 2011, 09:08 PM
- - Razzy   As soon as Tom had seen what the white haired one ...   Feb 10 2011, 08:11 PM
- - The Mad Bomber   Pierce glanced at his underlings with a bland expr...   Feb 12 2011, 12:29 AM
- - MaiShadowAlchemist   Mara just listened to the story with a plain look ...   Feb 12 2011, 06:29 AM
- - The Mad Bomber   "Angels?" Pierce said with contempt in...   Feb 13 2011, 12:30 PM
- - MaiShadowAlchemist   To the comptent in his voice Mara rolled her eyes ...   Feb 13 2011, 06:10 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th June 2016 - 09:35 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css