Cray
Sig Curtis

Brice Armstrong as Tim Marcoh

Brina Palencia as Nina Tucker

Caitlin Glass as Sara Rockbell

Carrie Savage as Lydia (ep 35)

Charlet DuPar as Clause (ep 4)

Chris Rager as Halling (ep 9)

Christopher R. Sabat as Mr. Armstrong (ep 37)

Clarine Harp as Mrs. Armstrong (ep 37)

Cynthia Cranz as Paninya

Daniel Katsük as Winry's Father (ep 3)

Duncan Brannan as
Slicer (Younger Brother)
Wilson (ep 24)

Ellen Locy as Lebi/Karin (ep 4)

Eric Vale as Zolf J. Kimblee

Grant James as Fatherly Master (eps 25,30,32,39)

Greg Ayres as Lizard Man

Jamie Marchi as Rick

Jeff Johnson as Guard (ep 12)

Jerry Jewell as
Barry The Chopper
Number 66 (ep 19)

Jim Foronda as Denny Bloch

John Burgmeier as Dorochet

John Gremillion as Law

John Swasey as
Karl Haushofer
Military Leader on Train (ep 45)

Johnny Yong Bosch as Lujon (ep 35)

Josh Berry as Heymans Breda

Josh Martin as
Doctor (ep 10)
Mason

Justin Cook as
Local Man (ep 10)
Russell Tringham

Kate Borneman as Katherine Elle Armstrong (ep 37)

Kent Williams as Majihal (ep 4)

Kevin M. Connolly as Kain Fuery

Kristin McCollum as Halling's Wife (ep 9)

Kyle Hebert as Vato Falman

Lauren Goode as Gracia Hughes

Laurie Walton as Leo and Rick's Mother (ep 24)

Linda Young as Old Woman (ep 10)

Luci Christian as
Clara/Psiren (ep 10)
Marin (ep 5)

Lydia Mackay as Trisha Elric

Mark Stoddard as Detective (ep 10)

Matthew Thompkins as Dominic

Meredith McCoy as
Kyle (ep 9)
Maria Ross

Michael Sinterniklaas as Leo

Miguel Rial as Boy with the Broken Train (ep 27)

Mike McFarland as
Hoju (Envy's realform) (ep50)
Jean Havoc

Parisa Fakhri as Elisa (eps 11-12)

Phil Parsons as General Hakuro

R Bruce Elliott as Basque Gran

Ricky Page as Belsio

Sean Schemmel as Clause's Father (ep 4)

Tierney Titus as Elicia Hughes

Tiffany Grant as Marta

Troy Baker as Frank Archer

Tyler Walker as Nash Tringham

Z. Charles Bolton as Elisa's Father (ep 11)

Zarah Little as Selim Bradley

My biggest fear has come to life.....Funi has destroyed FMA......it has turned into another "Case Closed".....its sad because, not only have they ruined it period, but they ruined it for the true, original fans. Let me explain...... First of all, Funi changed around a LOT of the dialogue.....why you ask?.......Because FUNI LOOKS DOWN ON US......Funimation subsitutes good original dialogue with simple, crappy, 4th grade dialogue so we can "comprehend" everything.....grr........speaking of dialogue.....WOA!.....did you listen?.....wow, not only do they use the worst freakin voice actors out there, and pair them with characters that just DO NOT MATCH, but they use the same damn actors for every show!!.......watch the show a little more, trust me.....it will feel like your watching DBZ or case closed.....argh, and last but not least, the one thing that i was scared of the most........they butchered the theme......;(.........They take the screens for the first opening and play Ready Steady go with it instead.....Ready Steady Go is a great song nonetheless, but, I feel sorry for all the american viewers who will never get the chance to see the brilliance of the original theme "Melissa"......that song was the key to the show that made me hooked. *sigh*

later
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
alpha
post Nov 15 2004, 09:09 PM
Post #2

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 979

OMG! I FRECKIN HATE WHINERS LIKE YOU!

If you don't like it then don't watch it! The dub was great and you know it but people just can't have second rate shit. Sorry to tell you this but it's not another case closed this is going to be a popular series whether you like it or not. mad.gif

+Quote Post
Kirby of Doom
post Nov 15 2004, 10:14 PM
Post #3

Citizen

Member No.: 1,150

Well, you can tell he's one of those people I mentioned in one of the other threads that's exactly like this. First of all, he created a new thread. Second of all, he's complaining about some things that he doesn't even know about. Ok, so he probably only saw the first one and then stopped, and I do agree that they did sort of mess up the ending, but the second episode was on the right track showing the full opening (with no credits too) and the original (though shortened) ending. And yes I think most of us would have preferred Melissa but that's what happens when you make deals. Just be happy it wasn't picked up by a group like 4Kids and edited beyond recognition.

+Quote Post
telepika
post Nov 15 2004, 11:35 PM
Post #4

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 1,937

dry.gif;; People complain. (Tired of defending the dub, which is pretty good you know!).

--------------------
I've decided to officially support the American Dub!! Go Ed!!! Power to the short people!!!!
user posted image

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Nov 16 2004, 02:57 AM
Post #5

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 250

QUOTE(RascalKing @ Nov 16 2004, 03:42 AM)
My biggest fear has come to life.....Funi has destroyed FMA......it has turned into another "Case Closed".....its sad because, not only have they ruined it period, but they ruined it for the true, original fans. Let me explain...... First of all, Funi changed around a LOT of the dialogue.....why you ask?.......Because FUNI LOOKS DOWN ON US......Funimation subsitutes good original dialogue with simple, crappy, 4th grade dialogue so we can "comprehend" everything.....grr........speaking of dialogue.....WOA!.....did you listen?.....wow, not only do they use the worst freakin voice actors out there, and pair them with characters that just DO NOT MATCH, but they use the same damn actors for every show!!.......watch the show a little more, trust me.....it will feel like your watching DBZ or case closed.....argh, and last but not least, the one thing that i was scared of the most........they butchered the theme......;(.........They take the screens for the first opening and play Ready Steady go with it instead.....Ready Steady Go is a great song nonetheless, but, I feel sorry for all the american viewers who will never get the chance to see the brilliance of the original theme "Melissa"......that song was the key to the show that made me hooked.    *sigh*

later

Really dude, get over yourself and your snobbish, sub-nazi, hater attitude.

And Americans will get the chance to see the original opening and endings like Melissa when THEY RELEASE THE SHOW ON DVD IN THE US YOU SOT!

FMA is far from ruined. What ruins is it annoying anime snobs like you that whine about it instead of supporting the show airing on American TV.

--------------------
"Struggle is optional. Pain is inevitable."

"This is my life. I have battled and lost, struggled and won.
I have had victory and defeat, and defeat in victory.
I will never be overmatched or unprepared.
This is who I am and who I will always be…I am Chris Benoit!"
- "The Crippler" Chris Benoit

+Quote Post
Quistis88
post Nov 16 2004, 05:07 AM
Post #6

Executive Officer (Spam Assassin)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 16

QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Nov 16 2004, 03:57 AM)
FMA is far from ruined.  What ruins is it annoying anime snobs like you that whine about it instead of supporting the show airing on American TV.

Very true. Although I do prefer subs over dubs, I like the fact that FMA made its way to NA, and I respect FUNimation for taking the time to do the best they can, because for many people, FUNi is all they'll ever get, and I'm sure that the people who fit into that category are grateful that FUNi is doing this.

--------------------
SINCERELY,
Quistis
(Forum Spam Assassin, Vice-Mother, and Queen of the Grammar Police)

This sentence says something else when you're not looking.

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Nov 16 2004, 06:52 AM
Post #7

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 330

biggrin.gif Somehow they always seem to forget the wonders of the 21st century's DVDs.

--------------------
:: King of Shonen-ai ::
:: - Sister to Prinz_Zoisit ::

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_RayAllen_*
post Nov 16 2004, 02:33 PM
Post #8

Guests

First of all if don't like the dub u don't have to watch it , noone is begging you to watch it

Funi did the best they can do and that's all u can ask from a company, and the reason why you think the Voice acting is terriable is because u watched the orginal verison and your so fimilar with the Jap voices that hearing other voice actors doing the characters doesn't sound right with you

Fans Like you are impossible to please

+Quote Post
Cloud28
post Nov 16 2004, 03:17 PM
Post #9

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 829

a little harsh words wouldn't u say??

--------------------

+Quote Post
dreamcatcher_alc...
post Nov 16 2004, 05:36 PM
Post #10

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 594

erm... did you ever stop to think that perhaps the dialogue that is being given to us in the dubbed is actually what the Japanese want to be said and not necessarily what FUNi wants. I'm not saying that FUNi doesn't have a hand in it, but often times, when an anime is dubbed, its the Japanese who have the final say in what is said and not said. So whatever is being shown over here, it's all been approved by Japan so its not like the dubbed are evil and doing this to piss fans off. So relax a little and enjoy the show. Its not that bad.

--------------------
user posted image

"It is not for mortals to judge in the place of God. ...We just tell it like it is."

+Quote Post
RascalKing
post Nov 17 2004, 02:12 AM
Post #11

Citizen

Member No.: 1,058

QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Nov 16 2004, 02:57 AM)
My biggest fear has come to life.....Funi has destroyed FMA......it has turned into another "Case Closed".....its sad because, not only have they ruined it period, but they ruined it for the true, original fans. Let me explain...... First of all, Funi changed around a LOT of the dialogue.....why you ask?.......Because FUNI LOOKS DOWN ON US......Funimation subsitutes good original dialogue with simple, crappy, 4th grade dialogue so we can "comprehend" everything.....grr........speaking of dialogue.....WOA!.....did you listen?.....wow, not only do they use the worst freakin voice actors out there, and pair them with characters that just DO NOT MATCH, but they use the same damn actors for every show!!.......watch the show a little more, trust me.....it will feel like your watching DBZ or case closed.....argh, and last but not least, the one thing that i was scared of the most........they butchered the theme......;(.........They take the screens for the first opening and play Ready Steady go with it instead.....Ready Steady Go is a great song nonetheless, but, I feel sorry for all the american viewers who will never get the chance to see the brilliance of the original theme "Melissa"......that song was the key to the show that made me hooked.    *sigh*

later

And Americans will get the chance to see the original opening and endings like Melissa when THEY RELEASE THE SHOW ON DVD IN THE US YOU SOT!

FMA is far from ruined. What ruins is it annoying anime snobs like you that whine about it instead of supporting the show airing on American TV.

sub-nazi?.....right.....

I express what all of you know is true. Funi could have done such a better job with this. Compare ep 1 of funi with ep 1 of the jap dialogue, its very different. I had no idea that me pointing out the obvious makes me a "sub-nazi". freak

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Nov 17 2004, 06:32 AM
Post #12

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 250

QUOTE(RascalKing @ Nov 17 2004, 09:12 AM)
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Nov 16 2004, 02:57 AM)

later

sub-nazi?.....right.....

I express what all of you know is true. Funi could have done such a better job with this. Compare ep 1 of funi with ep 1 of the jap dialogue, its very different. I had no idea that me pointing out the obvious makes me a "sub-nazi". freak

How am I supposed to compare it to Japanese when I don't even know the language? You mean the subtitles of course. You need to learn that not all translations work that easily.

To go so far as saying that FMA is ruined b/c of what you stated is still idiotic.

--------------------
"Struggle is optional. Pain is inevitable."

"This is my life. I have battled and lost, struggled and won.
I have had victory and defeat, and defeat in victory.
I will never be overmatched or unprepared.
This is who I am and who I will always be…I am Chris Benoit!"
- "The Crippler" Chris Benoit

+Quote Post
Sapphire Alchemi...
post Nov 18 2004, 05:54 PM
Post #13

Citizen

Member No.: 2,188

I am in agreement with quistis, we're all acting like children here. Don't make me report you all to the col. tongue.gif But seriously, when I judge a dub, I have compare it with series/movies that were god aweful and obvious about it. If they sound and feel similar, then I rip on them, if they sound at least somewhat better, I stay silent. My two favorite references are Crest of the Stars and that horribly butchered version of Nausicaa, Warriors of the Wind. It's because of this that you never see me rip on very commonly attacked dubs like Inuyasha, DBZ, and the Gundams. Comparing those to Crest of the Stars is like comparing Brahms to a 2 year old punching keys on a piano.

--------------------
user posted image
join the movement, help our beloved mustang become fuhrer
Check out my plan to eventually build a manga fanbase, Tartuga

+Quote Post
Kirby of Doom
post Nov 18 2004, 06:30 PM
Post #14

Citizen

Member No.: 1,150

I think whether you like like the dub or not you can't say it was ruined, since I think one of its main purposes was to attract new viewers who were never in to the Japanese version. Since pretty much all the comments I've seen from the new comers are good, it seems like Funimation did their job. If it were completely ruined even these people would say it sucked.

+Quote Post
Quistis88
post Nov 18 2004, 06:47 PM
Post #15

Executive Officer (Spam Assassin)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 16

QUOTE(Sapphire Alchemist Naur @ Nov 18 2004, 06:54 PM)
My two favorite references are Crest of the Stars and that horribly butchered version of Nausicaa, Warriors of the Wind.

There's a dub of Nausicaä!? I've never seen it in its original Japanese, but rather, the Cantonese dub. Because the dub was EXCELLENT, plus the movie itself is wonderful, it's my favorite Ghibli film of all time. But they ruined the English dubbing? How awful! *cries*

--------------------
SINCERELY,
Quistis
(Forum Spam Assassin, Vice-Mother, and Queen of the Grammar Police)

This sentence says something else when you're not looking.

+Quote Post

26 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st July 2016 - 04:46 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css