HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
New FMA Manga Gaiden (side Story) By Arakawa In September!, We opened the discussion thread. Please post there. :)
AXavierB
post Aug 7 2010, 05:38 PM
Post #16

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 74,365

Nice to see Arakawa is still doing FMA-related stuff. Makes it feel less like the series is over. I hope this isn't the last gaiden, either.

--------------------
"There is no such thing as wrath inside me."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Amalthea
post Aug 7 2010, 07:35 PM
Post #17

Alchemists

Member No.: 44,604

Nice!!! Anything done by Arakawa is always welcomed by the fans of Fullmetal Alchemist around the globe. I'm really looking forward to the release smile.gif

--------------------

Thank you, Ms. Arakawa, for sharing this wonderful, enriching story that has affected so many of us!

+Quote Post
shanryelric
post Aug 7 2010, 09:47 PM
Post #18

Alchemists

Member No.: 71,970

http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz143/d...-draw1_2439.jpg

I guess it's about summer time thingy?

--------------------
Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist. Thanks for the memories.

-the manga, characters, story lines, the ending, the Brotherhood series, the first anime and the movie and all things related to it, are the only things that I will always love like how I love my own life.-

+Quote Post
Kasumisty
post Aug 8 2010, 04:35 AM
Post #19

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 59,111

Wow, that was unexpected. I thought Arakawa said she finished FMA.

Althrough, she has also said she wanted to draw a story concerning Roy becoming a Fuhrer.

--------------------
Due to the cancellation of the end of FMA, Kasumisty must think of new signature.

It may take a while.

+Quote Post
Edamame
post Aug 8 2010, 10:01 AM
Post #20

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 38,530

I love coming come from vacation and reading wonderful news like this. Seriously, we are so incredibly "spoiled" what with a Fullmetal Alchemist movie in the works and news of a Arakawa-sensei releasing another gaiden. I would love to see a gaiden centering around the Prince Ling of Xing before he began his journey to search for a method to obtain immortality for the emperor, or a gaiden focusing on some of Von Hohenheim's journeys before he met Trisha. This is just wishful thinking on my behalf, but I always wanted to see a gaiden where Hohenheim tells Trisha the truth about his past and the "monster" that he truly is.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Number 48
post Aug 8 2010, 12:02 PM
Post #21

Citizen

Member No.: 27,344

I've had a feeling for a while that we'd be getting a gaiden soon, though I was expecting it in the last data/guidebook as opposed to Gangan itself. Aside from... continuations or extrapolations relating to the ending and the future, are there any plot points or story hooks introduced throughout the story that could be used for this? I know the above poster mentioned Hohenheim and Trisha, which would certainly be interesting, but is there anything else that I'm just not recalling that it could be based on?

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Aug 8 2010, 12:17 PM
Post #22

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

I really love the Trisha and Hoho idea, but I also like the idea of it being some sort of prologue for the movie, as someone else suggested, but it might be too early for that...

But another thing I would really like is a future setting for it... But as it's been pointed out, it's highly unlikely due to the fact that not everyone in Japan has read/seen the ending yet so the whole gaiden would end up being a gigantic spoiler. xD

Just so long as it's nothing to do with the Armstrongs, Izumi or Mrs. Bradley I'll be fine. laugh.gif

LOL I had to edit that real quick...I just realised that was a huge spoiler dump...D'oh!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Qashqai
post Aug 8 2010, 02:28 PM
Post #23

Citizen

Member No.: 72,134

Oh, I'd be utterly fine with a gaiden about younger Wrath and mrs. Bradley, or about Armstrongs, or about Izumi when she was still Harnet. XD but that's not likely to happen... I'd love to see a story of how did Hoho and Trisha meet. Or younger Mustang, but we'll see him in the new anime gaiden, amirite? ^^ I reaaally hope for Trisha and Hoho.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Misty- Nala
post Aug 9 2010, 09:19 AM
Post #24

Apprentice

Member No.: 64,416

I hope the Gaiden will be about the time between the series with Hughes in it (Yes, I'm a Hughes freak. C'mon, we didn't see the guy enough). Otherwise, I will be happy if it won't be about Olivia, Mei, Ling, Lan Fan, Izumi, Riza, Winry. I'm a very demanding person tongue.gif

I'm afraid the Gaiden will only be a short story, to sum things up, kind of an epilogue.

--------------------

+Quote Post
LooneyLolita
post Aug 9 2010, 01:14 PM
Post #25

Citizen

Member No.: 71,261

I chould like something about Roy's future and Ed's future.

For me it chould be sad/lame if the "last" Gaiden chould be about only one person.
Reason for edit: Taken out reference to chapter 108 spoiler

--------------------
My DA

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 9 2010, 02:44 PM
Post #26

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

<Reminder>

Guys, we still have many many FMA fans who had not read FMA manga chapter 108 (yes, EVEN IN JAPAN many FMA manga fans haven't had a chance to read FMA chapter 108 yet!) and hundreds of such FMA fans visit our board and read our posts around the forums everyday, and many of such fans may be very much interested in visiting this thread and reading the discussion about the new Gaiden, but NOT expecting to get spoiled of the content of the final chapter of FMA by doing so. ..That is why we ask you to post FMA managa chapter 108 (final chapter) content ONLY on designated threads, and we highly appreciate your cooperation. smile.gif

For the links to some of such designated thread, please read this board announcement.

Thank you! smile.gif

-----

<Program Note>

@Ayla - I moved your post to post-chapter 108 discussion thread for Royai fans thread because of chapter 108 spoiler content. Please continue that discussion there. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
inuhana
post Aug 10 2010, 08:08 PM
Post #27

Citizen

Member No.: 72,874

GAIDEN!!!
Cannot wait until the issue comes out! Any sort of story would be fine at this point. The series is done, and I'll be happy for any scrap of Hiromu lovin'!
Keep the news coming, please! smile.gif

--------------------

Get it?

+Quote Post
Juozas
post Aug 13 2010, 03:08 AM
Post #28

Citizen

Member No.: 70,852

I've seen the anouncement in the news site so this is wonderful as the mangaka continues doing our favourite job encouraging us to read her works... biggrin.gif So as i shall conclude it i will wait and read if possible by any means... smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
hawkflame
post Aug 13 2010, 06:13 PM
Post #29

Apprentice

Member No.: 71,737

QUOTE (Megabyte117 @ Aug 7 2010, 10:13 AM) *
Maybe we will see the story about Mustang's near future then biggrin.gif This sounds really awesome. Now there's something to wait for at the beginning of every month again.

I would think that this is most likely. Didn't she say that if she were to do another FMA story, this is what she would do?

+Quote Post
Maromi
post Aug 27 2010, 01:22 PM
Post #30

Citizen

Member No.: 75,307

*crosses fingers for Royai*

Really hoping for some more shipping all together!
Reason for edit: Took out the spoiler reference to chapter 108 content

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th June 2016 - 01:43 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css