.ETA: Aug. 15, 2010
We have to keep this thread closed in order to keep the poll closed, but if anyone would like to add comments for any of the entries, please add your post on
Member Comment Thread For Entires In Arakawa Appreciation Fanart Contest ("Thank you, Arakawa" Category) thread. =====Entries for Special "Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa!" Category:
(Click to view each entered fanart in our July 2010 Arakawa Appreciation Fanart Contest section of Gallery!)
* Thank You, Arakawa! (by S.F. Thunder)
* THANKYOU ARAKAWA-SENSEI (by QueenTiria)
* THANK YOU HIROMU ARAKAWA (by DSender)
* THANK YOU, HIROMU ARAKAWA! (by Nacchan)
* Thank You, Hiromu Arakawa (by penguintruth)
* Thank you, Arakawa (by Qashqai)
* Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! (by Michiyo-)
* Thank You, Arakawa Hiromu (by Winry Chan)
* Thank You Arakawa-Sensei! Edward Elric FMA Drawing.jpg (by InuNaruPokeAlchemist)
* Thank You, Arakawa! (by methuselah.alchemist)
* Thankyouarakawa contestcolor3.png (by paca)
* Thanks From The Little People (by Winry Chan)
* Thank you Arakawa (by hand-made-city)
* Thank you Arakawa for the Light In The Dark! (by The Stubborn Alchemist)
* "Thank you Arakawa Sensei, by Gregory House" (by Gregory House)
* Thank you, Arakawa-Sensei! (by A Pierrot's Aria)
* Thank you, Arakawa-Sensei! (by JackDawkins)
* Thank You, Hiromu Arakawa![Don't Forget FMA!]" (by Winry Chi)
* Thankyou Arakawa! (by Forsaken Love)
* Thank you, Arakawa! (by Thunderkitten)
* thank you Hiromu Arakawa! (by starfruit89)
* Thank you for everything, Arakawa! (by MsLinn)
* Doomo Arigatoo Gozaimasu Arakawa-Sama (by ShadowStormAlchemist)
* Thank you, Arakawa! (by Trakonda)
* Thank You Arakawa (by mellulah)* Big thank you hug (by Darklion)* Thank You, Arakawa! (by phoenixmiko) * Thank You Very Much, FMA! (by phoenixmiko)* Family Photo (by Raichi)* 'Celebrating Arakawa Month!' (by FullmetalFlame29)* Thank-you Arakawa!.jpg (by Broken Chouchou)* Thanks Arakawa! (by Dragneel)* Special Thank You Arakawa sensei contest entry 2 (by InuNaruPokeAlchemist)* Thanks for Fullmetal Alchemist, Arakawa-sensei! (by Sariachan)* ed.jpg (by Rainshine)* THank you hiromu arakawa (by Steff)* Thank you Arakawa-sensei!!!! (by Asagi)* Thank You Arakawa-sensei! (by ilikeoctopus)* Thank you, Arakawa! (by FullmetalFlame29)* Thank you, Arakawa! (by ~Puppet Alphonse~)* Thank you Hiromu Arakawa (by Steff)* Thank you hiromu arakawa (by Steff)* Thank-You Arakawa (by Riza_Mustang)(Special note on Riza_Mustang's Gallery page: This fanart was uploaded by our contest staff, Chiyo, due to the technical difficulty. But please disregard that and regard this as Riza_Mustang's entry. ^^
) ----Hello everyone!
Thank you so much for your overwhelming responses to our Arakawa Appreciation fanart contest!!
This contest has attracted amazing amount of interests, and we have received HUGE number of amazing entries, unprecedented in the history of fanart contests on our board!! (probably due to the awesomeness of Arakawa-sensei! )
Thank you so much everyone who took interests in this contest!!
If you missed the chance to participate in our Arakawa Appreciation fanart contest by making your entry, here is another chance to participate in the contest, this time, by letting us know your favorite entries!
This voting poll will decide the Finalists for each of the contest category. The panel of judges consisting of fanart experts among the board administrative staff will then decide the winners among the Finalists in each contest category.
You can vote only once on each voting thread, and even if you made some "mistake," once you cast your vote on that poll thread there will be no re-voting allowed for you on that thread. Hence, please READ how the poll thread works, and all the additional notes & reminders BEFORE you cast your vote,
and also we recommend your taking time to decide on your favorites. (Poll thread will be open more than one week. Please take your time to visit our July 2010 Arakawa Appreciation Fanart Contest section in the Gallery
to enjoy awesome fanarts entered for the contest! ^^)
* For each voting thread, we are asking members to make MULTIPLE CHOICE. Please choose Your Three (3) Favorite entries for General Fanart category, and Your Six (6) Favorite entries for "Thank-You Arakawa" category.
* You can vote only one time on each poll thread, choosing 3 favorites among the all entrants for General Fanart category, and choosing 6 favorites among the all entrants for "Thank you, Arakawa" category. Once you check your favorites and hitting Vote!
at the bottom of the poll window:
1. You can not cast your vote for that category again.
2. You can not change your vote.
* You can not see current voting results without voting, unless you forfeit your voting right for that poll.
You can choose to view the current voting result without voting, but by doing so you will forfeit your voting right.
After you cast your vote the poll page will show the current result every time you visit the poll page.
And, here are some additional notes and reminders:----Voting eligibility:
All validated members of our board, including the ones whose submissions are listed on the poll, as well as those who become validated member during the poll period are eligible to vote (yes, in the spirit of "participation," they will be eligible to vote also,) except the board administrative staff (the ones with the white bar under his/her name) who are not eligible to vote.----On voting manipulation:
No VOTE ORGANIZING please, on our board or outside of our board. For this poll, we'd like to find out each member's "uninfluenced" votes (as much as possible) and we ask for your cooperation.
Also, we ask each "person" to vote only once on each poll thread. Making extra "alternate" accounts in order to gain additional voting rights will be strictly prohibited, and flagrant offender with such activity may become subject to the board sanctions. Similarly, for those who are currently holding "alternate account(s)" for various technical reasons, we ask you to vote only once on each poll thread on your designated main active account. ----On the voting criteria:
Please remember that the "spirit" of this contest is "appreciating Arakawa" and hence this contest is not all about the fanart technique but how each members has shown his/her ♥ (heart) for Arakawa-sensei and/or FMA. ^^
Please keep that in mind, but besides that we would like to have each member to decide on own criteria to choose his/her favorites.
Even if you do not have much knowledge on fanarts that is fine...please decide on your heart which ones are your favorites. ----On entries:
As you notice, in this contest, you may see some entries which you may not find in some "traditional" fanart contest, such as, some "comic" entry, or some "sculpture pic" etc. That is because for this contest, in accordance to the spirit of this contest, the contest committee has tried very hard to be "inclusive" rather than exclusive, and made decisions on each of these entries on case by case base, and the committee's decisions are final for each entry eligibility. ----After you vote:Please DO NOT POST and tell who you voted, or your opinions on certain fanarts, etc, UNTIL after the voting will be officially closed.
We understand many so-called "popularity" vote threads allow you to post such right after you vote, but NOT ON THIS THREAD, please. (Such posts will be taken off from the threads by the board staff)
We do not want some members posting their opinions and thereby not-yet-voted members getting consciously/unconsciously influenced by those. Instead, we want each member to decide on his/her own opinions who his/her favorite entries are.
Once the voting is closed, we will then provide the thread for everyone's comments on their favorite entries, etc. HOWEVER, please keep in mind that this contest is about "everyone, even those who are less than proficient in fanart technique, to join and show his/her appreciation for Arakawa, in his/her own way," and as such, we highly DISCOURAGE posting your technical CRITIQUE of each fanart, especially in the hopes of gaining judges' favorable views for certain entry by pointing out how "inferior" others are, or how certain fanart is a "failure" etc., etc.. (Let us remind you that such tactics will be probably viewed very unfavorably by the panel of judges, in accordance to the "spirit" of this contest.)
On contrast, we welcome your POSITIVE REVIEW (why you like certain entries,) and yes, once the poll is closed, you are allowed to post and tell which ones you voted for, although that is certainly not a mandatory. ----Poll closing date:
Voting will be open as soon as this thread becomes officially open, and then the poll will be open for at least ONE WEEK. Please take your time to check out all the entries, but please aim to finish your voting by Friday, August 13, 2010, 11:59 PM (on your time zone.) This thread will be closed for all voting on Next Week Saturday, August 14, 2010, around 11:59 PM U.S. Eastern Time.----Final judging:
The top Three (3) entires who received the most votes on the poll for the General fanart category poll, and top Ten (10) entires who received the most votes on the poll for the "Thank-you Arakawa" category poll will then become FINALISTS.
(yes, because of the overwhelming number of entries in this category, top 10 entries who received the most votes on the poll for the "Thank-you Arakawa" category poll will then become finalists for the "Thank-you Arakawa" category. However, please make sure to choose only 6 favorites on your vote for this category.)
The final decision for the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd winners for each category will be made among these finalists by the panel of judges consisting of board administrative staff who are of fanart experts.
Each judge will have the access to the information on the number of votes each finalist has received in the member poll, and the each judge is free to take that into the consideration. However, judging panel will make own criteria for the decision, and their decision will be final, and the final results will be announced shortly after their decision.----Additional notes on prizes:
For winners in "Thank-you, Arakawa" category, in addition to having their artworks displayed as winners, each winner has a choice of accepting the specified "FMA prize" or forfeit receiving of such prize. If choose to accept the FMA prize, the winner is then directed to contact our prize director and specify the mailing address for the prize. Please note that this address is used for the sole purpose of mailing of the prize to the winner.
Additionally, because of the overwhelming responses with HUGE number of entries to the contest, we are considering providing additional small "FMA" prizes for additional number of winners, though the specifics are still undecided. Please keep eyes open for further announcements (if any) on this. ^^
And finally, all eligible fanarts in "Thank-you Arakawa" category have been sent to "Send thank-you letters/fanarts to Arakawa" program on our board, and they are being prepared to be mailed to Japan as we speak. There will be further announcement from "Send thank-you letters/fanarts to Arakawa" program on our board once these fanarts are mailed out to Japan.
Yes, in that way, I think EVERYONE is already the winner in this category!! Now then, let the voting begin! .......