Reply to this topicStart new topic
Mad House
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Jul 29 2010, 09:43 AM
Post #106

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,159

"Lilith" She grumbled bluntly, not even waiting for him to finish. "And I'm peachy, thank you for asking..." She said, both her voice and smirk loaded with heavy sarcasm.

For a second Cassandra seemed to doubt, a part of her yelled to just push out everybody out of the way and run fast, but the other part knew she only had one chance *Dont screw this* She thought harshly.

--------------------

(\_/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
(O.o) signature to help him on his way to
(><) world domination.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Jul 29 2010, 10:12 AM
Post #107

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 39,817

"Well that's good," The Overseer answered simply. Then he started walking down the hallway, motioning for the guards to bring Abel and Kari along.

He led them down flights of stairs and through dark hallways, until they came to a door, which The Overseer unlocked and opened, revealing a room with four tables, lit only by the large barred windows on one of the walls. At the end of the room was another door.

He sat down at one of the tables, seeming to be relieved as if walking had made him tired. On top of the table sat a pen, a pad of paper, and a medical bag, filled with who-knew-what. The guards left the room to wait outside the door, which they closed when The Overseer held up his hand.

"Please, sit." He said, with an impatient look in his eyes, and he motioned to the chairs seated across from him at the table.

"You two know why you're here, don't you?"

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Jul 29 2010, 10:40 AM
Post #108

Alchemists

Member No.: 45,405

Abel stood in his cell with a piece of toast lodged between his teeth, staring across at hesitant Damien. He did nothing to react to The Overseer nor the guards until they almost grabbed him, which caused him to spring from his cell and fall into line after The Overseer, who lead them downstairs. Abel did not gaze around the room, simply stared on blankly and still ate his breakfeast as slowly as he possibly could.

He swalloved the last of the toast as he sat down at the table, but did not even glance at their interrogator, who seemed a bit on edge as it were. Even when The Overseer began his inquiries Abel did nothing to react, but after a few seconds managed to produce, a slow and almost undetectable nod.

"Maybe...."

He said with a hint of boredom and condesence being registered in his words.

--------------------

I am love, I am hate, I'm an atheist with faith, Vent my anger with a smile

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Jul 30 2010, 09:16 AM
Post #109

The Overseer stared back at Kari, then at Abel, while absent-mindedly playing with the pen with one hand.

"Well, the problem we have here is that, while they have been quite entertaining, your little escapes, Abel," he enunciated Abel's name in a sharper tone, in an attempt to get his attention, "have no doubt encouraged other patients, like Kari here, to break out of their cells.

"I spent all of last night deliberating what I should do about this, while I definitely don't want to take away my only amusement in this place..." he continued, frowning. Making a decision based on his own selfish needs was not uncommon for The Overseer.

He continued to play with the pen, and with his other arm casually placed his elbow on the table, and rested his chin in his hand.

"But, you see, while you seem to know where the front door is, interestingly enough, you never attempt to walk out of it." He let out a brief laugh. It was true that most patients in the Mad House hadn't known where the front exit was since they were first brought there, and, being put in a cell for so long, had already forgotten where it was.

"But heaven forbid your escapes inspire a patient, like Kari, who actually has the gumption to leave this place. And we can't have that, now can we? In all of my time watching the guards chase you around the building, I forgot that I'm supposed to keep this place secure," he said the last part with a regretful sigh.

"And I'd like to know- what do you think I should do about this?" he asked the two of them, though his harsh stare showed that he already knew the answer.

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Jul 30 2010, 12:54 PM
Post #110

Alchemists

Member No.: 45,405

Abel seemed to be out of the loop with every word, that poured out of The Overseer`s mouth and his head was tilted to the side as, if he could not comprehend what the man before him was saying. As the master of the Madhouse finished, Abel tilted his head to the other side with a blank expression shadowing his face. Yet when he spoke his eyes narrowed, even sharpened a bit, and there was a clear seed of dissent in his voice. For a split-second the hazy eyes were filled by a violent, bloodlust that gave the impression that he might leap across the table and throttle The Overseer.

"Stop fidgeting about like a self-centered snob and start doing your f*!@ing job so that I won`t have to worry about the others running about, not to mention you bringing me here and wasting my time with idle chit-chat when you already have your answers."

Abel hissed at The Overseer before blinking and his thoughts disappeared into an empty haze whilst his eyes wandered to stare at the walls of the room. He tilted his head again to the other side and remained silent, not registering the slightest word or movement in the room.

--------------------

I am love, I am hate, I'm an atheist with faith, Vent my anger with a smile

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Jul 30 2010, 01:34 PM
Post #111

The Overseer burst into laughter and held his hands up in mock surrender. "Alright, alright," he said, clearly amused by Abel's sudden and unusual burst of anger.

"I'm not exactly sure what I'll do about you as of now. But you must have a key of some sort. Right now I have a few nurses searching your room for whatever it is you use for escaping, and I'm confident they'll find it.

"And I'll be keeping an eye on both of you. In my absence, I'll rely on that Damien boy to tell me what you two are doing. He seems so eager to leave, I'm sure he would have no trouble doing some favors for me... in return for his freedom." However, It was obvious that The Overseer would never let Damien leave; afterall, the rule of the Mad House was that 'anyone who entered could not leave'. But Damien seemed naive enough to believe The Overseer's empty promises.

"And if you step out of line," (what this 'line' was, no one could guess; The Overseer's unpredictable moods would ensure that the rules of one day would not be the same as the next) "I'll make sure you forget that you ever wanted to leave your rooms."

He quickly pulled out an ice pick from the bag, and started playing with it. "You no doubt know what this does.

"Would either of you like to say anything before I dismiss you?"

((So I did more research and, although I previously mentioned labotomies in the description, I found out that they weren't regularly performed until the 1920s. Oops. But we'll pretend they existed before then, okay? laugh.gif))

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Jul 31 2010, 10:50 AM
Post #112

Lt. General

Member No.: 31,492

Rumia sat the 4 prisoners down. "I have to interview you all now. It would be in your best interest not to fake any info." This part of the job was never so easy, but she had to do it. "Cassandra, you first. Take a seat." She pulled a chair up to a small table across from herself. "Others, you can wait here." Taking the other three to a small room, with the same amount of windows as the previous room; none. Five or six chairs were randomly placed throughout the room. "You can also have a seat." She closed the door behind her.

--------------------

d a| Y a k u s o k u |t u m b l r

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Jul 31 2010, 02:11 PM
Post #113

Alchemists

Member No.: 47,159

Cassandra sat down looking quite bemused "Why take the patient's information when they arent gonna even use it...or at least not in the way they are supposed to" She asked as she frowned lightly, a strange tinge of bitterness in her expression.

--------------------

(\_/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
(O.o) signature to help him on his way to
(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
AutumnDragon
post Aug 4 2010, 05:30 PM
Post #114

Citizen

Member No.: 75,042

Lark looked around the near-empty room he was led to. It was so drab and depressing in there, at least one window would have been nice. He sat down in one of the chairs that was placed on the opposite side of the room from the door. He sat legs crossed with his hands placed neatly on his lap. He frowned. He did not get a good feeling from the others in the room. They could all be crazy murderers or something! Not like he was any better. He sighed. So much for being the angelic son like his folks wanted.

--------------------
My signature is a work-in-progress. Making it less likely to burn your eyes.

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Aug 6 2010, 10:02 AM
Post #115

Damien also sat down, though distancing himself from the others. Out of nerves and impatience, he started to shake slightly. He wanted to get out of here, and he became more panicked with every moment that passed.

He noticed the other boy, who seemed to be about his own age. He wondered what he was doing in an asylum like this. He seemed like a decent enough person; maybe he was also here by mistake.

"Excuse me," Damien said to get the boy's attention. "Hello. What's your name?"

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
AutumnDragon
post Aug 6 2010, 08:13 PM
Post #116

Citizen

Lark jumped slightly when Damien spoke to him, too absorbed in his thoughts of how lovely it would be to be in a nice field with no one around to notice what the others in the room were doing. He turned to the other and blinked. What was he asked again? Oh yes his name. He took a breath to steady his nerves, and his hands. He slowly spelt out his name in sign language.
"Lark Hartley"

((I read up that you wright someone who speaks sign language like how you would wright someone speaking any other language, as long as you mention it's sign language. So yeah. I actually did tons of research for Lark. XD))

--------------------

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Aug 6 2010, 11:45 PM
Post #117

Damien was at first thrown off by the sign language, though he was able to make out what the boy was saying. Sign language was something Damien dabbled in during some of those miscellaneous lessons that his parents made him learn. Along with French, Latin, poetry, violin, and cello lessons, among other things.

"Lar...? Lark?" Damien asked, trying to reassure he was correct. His sign language was a bit shaky, though he could still understand it. He tried to be polite, though his impatience and anxiety was growing, and answered, "My name is Damien."

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
AutumnDragon
post Sep 19 2010, 03:14 PM
Post #118

Citizen

((Waaah~ I'm so sowwie I haven't been on in forever D: ))

Lark nodded his head. It's nice to see someone is at least some-what civil and intelligent. But then again one can't be sure considering where he currently is.

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2016 - 08:09 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css