Reply to this topicStart new topic
Mad House
Razzy
post Jul 24 2010, 08:20 AM
Post #1

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 39,817

Here's a new RP! I really, really suck at making these, but I'm gonna try my best. But the more people join, the less it will suck. laugh.gif

---

Mad House

Introduction:
Our story takes place in the late 19th century, in the small fictional town of Zlovet, where the infamous psychiatric institution, "The Mad House", is located.

The Mad House houses the mentally ill and the criminally insane. Like other psychiatric institutions of its time, it treats its patients like prisoners. The rooms are dirty and dark. The workers are cruel, and often perform lobotomies and other inhumane treatments to their most "difficult" patients. The patients are fed only once or twice a day.

Your characters are brought into The Mad House by accident or some mistake. Your characters want to escape; there are rumors that the office in the top floor holds the key to their escape. But it’s not an easy task; nurses and guards are everywhere, doors leading outside are locked, the windows are barred, there are some violent patients, and the corridors are so badly-lit and labyrinthine that they would disorient anyone. There is something about this place that could drive anyone mad. To make matters worse, the mysterious owner, "The Overseer" has some "special plans" for your characters. They soon learn that escaping with their lives is easier than escaping with their minds intact...

Characters:
Characters will fall into these basic categories:

New Arrivals “"patients" who got there by mistake
Veterans – patients who have been there for a while
Nurses – workers. They watch over the patients
Guards – workers. They physically restrain tough patients and (obviously) guard the doors and whatnot.

General Rules:
1) Violence and swearing is allowed but don't go overboard and keep it PG-13.
2) Romance is allowed, but again, can't be over PG-13.
3) Be nice to other members! If you're mean, I'll kick you out. >:C
4) No one-liners.
5) No god-modding.
6) Don't be random.
7) No modern technology/weapons; keep in mind the time period.
8) Have fun~ happy.gif

Character Rules:
1) Have as many characters as you want.
2) You may have a Veteran character (or characters). BUT you must have at least 1 New Arrival character too.
3) No Mary Sues/Gary Stus.
4) You can control nurses and guards- you can assume they're enemies and not important characters (unless they're someone else's character, in which case you can NOT control them).
5) Send me a PM if you want to play as a Nurse or a Guard. (:

---

When you post your characters, specify the category that they fall under, and explain how they were put in The Mad House.

---

My characters:

The Overseer
(owns The Mad House)
Name: No one knows his name; everyone simply refers to him as "The Overseer"
Appearance: long black hair pulled back in a French braid, grey eyes, sharp nose, ghostly pale skin
Body: thin and spider-like
Clothing: black dress pants and shoes, white dress shirt, black vest, red neck tie, white gloves, occasionally wears a black roquelaure
Personality: confident, short-tempered, apathetic, unnerving
Background: It is only known that he leads The Mad House. He has an office on the top floor. He appears every so often on the main floors, just walking around leisurely. He, strangely enough, interacts with both the workers and the patients, though ignores the patients' suffering.
Family: Not important.

Category: New Arrival
Name: Damien
Appearance: chin-length slicked back black hair, blue eyes, pale skin
Body: thin and tall
Clothing: black dress pants, black shoes, white dress shirt, blue-grey vest, black neck tie
Personality: strong-willed though dependent upon others, a bit smug, intelligent
Background: Damien was brought up in a rich family. He lived in a mansion in a city near Zlovet. He lived a comfortable, luxurious life, until he was kidnapped off the street by some unknown criminal, who demanded a hefty ransom from Damien’s parents. However, Damien managed to escape one night and fled to the first building he found. Unfortunately for him, that building was The Mad House. Now, in the dark, he stumbles to the front doors, unaware of what is inside.
Family: mother, father, older brother, two younger sisters.
---

If enough people join, we'll get this thing started. biggrin.gif

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZOINKSaGhost
post Jul 24 2010, 10:39 AM
Post #2

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 74,733

Category: New Arrival
Name: Orson L.
Appearance: Bearded with sharp eyes, an astute nose topped with a scarred and burnt body. Smells of oak trees.
Body: Bulky and Athletic
Clothing: A dark blue winter coat with an equal color pallet for a fedora. A 'jazz vest' underneath that, colored gold with swirling eye-like patterns. His pants are also dark blue, and he wears cleats at all times.
Background: Orson lived quietly in a fishing village in the northern portion of the united states called 'Innsmouth'. He maintained his steady job as a clock repairman and maker, making decent income and getting by on Innsmouth's delicious stock of fish. Now, in this quirky town of his, they really really really REALLY didn't like it when you ate fish in the actual town's boarders, instead selling the fish they cought out of Innsmouth, in a last attempt to make income. When he began to fish on his own to subsist on the fish, several concerned townsfolk decided to break into Orson's house, kill his St. Bernard, break his paintings, and worst of all, steal his fish. Orson thought the only logical way to deal with this situation, was to calmly grab an axe and violently murder over 20 inhabitants of the town before escaping elsewhere, to find fish somewhere else. His search, has led him to the Mad House's gates, having been stalking a rich kid that recent escaped from a bunch of criminals for the last few hours. All in all, he is a very reasonable and level-headed individual, unless you take away his fish, in which case he will hunt you down and insure that you die in the most unpleasant and excruciating ways imaginable.
Family: He had a dog. But he's dead now. D:

--------------------

Yo, Sephiroth. Im really happy for you; Imma let you finish. But Kefka was one of the best RPG villains of all time! Of all time!

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Jul 24 2010, 11:03 AM
Post #3

Alchemists

Member No.: 45,405

^ laugh.gif WTF?, an insane fisherman with an axe? Man, even my creepy catatonic, quiet killer pales in comparison.

New Arrival:

Name: Abel
Appearance: Dirty, blonde hair, that seem to spread out into every direction and reach down to his cheeks. Pale skin, scarred body.
Body: Tall and Thin.
Clothing: Loose, white pants and shirt. Otherwise his body is covered in bandages, around his neck, arms and feet where his skin has been scarred.
Personality: Unpredictable, peaceful, stubborn, logical.

Background:

Abel came from a normal middle-class family, who always took care of him because of his catatonic(stupor) state albeit it caused them financial problems. Abel managed to acquire small-part time jobs from time to time when to aid his family and seemed to be leading fairly normal life up until he was 19 years of age. At that time mysterious murders began to emerge in the city he was living in and no one seemed to have one clue as to the identity or trail of the murderer.

One night however as the police emerged to a crime scene they witnessed Abel standing in the midst of three victims, covered in blood. He simply stood there, staring into space before suddenly turning himself in without a word. It seemed that the catatonic boy had proven himself more than anyone had dared to bargain for and for his crimes he was sentenced to the madhouse. Abel seems to be constantly in a catatonic stupor, but underneath there is more than he is surely showing.

Family: Father, mother, sister and brother.

--------------------

I am love, I am hate, I'm an atheist with faith, Vent my anger with a smile

+Quote Post
Kari_Neko
post Jul 24 2010, 11:13 AM
Post #4

Brigadier General

Member No.: 47,799

^ - -U believe it or not...he's like that normally...

I shall come in too! ^^

Newish arrival (been there a month maybe?)

Name: Kari,or at least that's what she calls herself.
Appearance: This but with blue/black eyes...and stretchy pants on underneath her dress which is generally very tattered XDDD ...and she has cat ears and a tail >>
Body type: Short (if you call her this well...not good things will happen *shifty eyes) and thin but is there genuine muscle under that sweet demeanor?
Personality: Doesn't talk,apparently knows her ABC's and has very good vocabulary since she writes what she wants if she even tries to communicate,shy,doesn't appear to 'play' with the few other children in there either.

Backround: As far as the Mad House knows,something must of possessed her. How could this little seemingly 10 year old girl shoot and kill 15 mob bosses? But the fact remains true since they caught her in the alley coloring on a piece of paper with the said gun next to her and her covered in blood. They have no idea if she even has any parents or if she has a place to live since she refuses to speak. In other words,a very big pain in the butt for the Mad House. And then there's the question of...how does she actually have REAL cat ears and a cat tail?

Family: So far,nobody knows but her.

--------------------
I'd much rather to be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not:Andre Gide
I do not own the avvy or siggy!

[My DeviantART]

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Jul 24 2010, 11:32 AM
Post #5

Thanks for joining, guys! Nice characters. biggrin.gif Damn, why is my character the only one who hasn't murdered people or been accused of murder? Lol.
Oh gosh, crazy fisherman murderer. This will be fun.

I'm still waiting for Little Washu to join; she said she had some interest in this. I think we have enough people, so once Washu joins, I'll start us off. (:

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Jul 24 2010, 11:42 AM
Post #6

Lt. General

Member No.: 31,492

EDIT ^ Lol XD Here I am!

As promised, I'll join =w=

Category: Nurse
Name: Rumia
Appearance: (will draw a ref later) Shoulder length layered blond hair, wears a ribbon in the back. Moderate height, 5'3". Wears... nurse... clothes... stuff, blue eyes, pale skin, ect.
Body: Thin, and curvy but not supermodel curvy.
Clothing: Nurse clothes :1
Personality: Doesn't accept the treatment of the patients, and would like to help them, but there isn't much she can do. She tries to act like a motherly figure to those who need it when she can.
Background: Transferred here by 'mistake' from a high ranking hospital in the city, the head nurse there was afraid of Rumia stealing her position, so she had her moved to 'the mad house'. She doesn't complain, but would like her old job back~

Aaaaand that's it for now :1 Daaaamn I haven't rp'ed in a while lol

--------------------

d a| Y a k u s o k u |t u m b l r

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Jul 24 2010, 12:00 PM
Post #7

Alright! Let's do this.

---

Damien could barely see a thing. It was cloudly night, and the windows in the building ahead of him were dark. To him, that building was salvation. He had just escaped from two days of hell, trapped in the dark cellar of his kidnapper. He was lucky to escape, though he found it frustrating that it was nighttime; he had escaped from darkness just to be thrown into it once again.

He stumbled, weak with hunger, to the door of the massive building, slamming his fists against it. When no one answered, he yelled the only thing his weary mind could think of, which was "Help! Open up!" He started to panic, as paranoid thoughts of his kidnapper possibly pursuing him creeped in on his mind, and he started hitting the door harder, until his fists hurt.

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
ZOINKSaGhost
post Jul 24 2010, 12:17 PM
Post #8

Citizen

Smacking lips and heavy breathing suddenly surrounded Damien. It seemed as though a slow heartbeat could be heard as well, piercing through the trees and bush that populated the area. In and out did the breathing go, as essential and continuous in the forest as the birds chirping or the grasshoppers making calls to mate. Except it was different. As opposed to the calls for companionship in the wild, this one sounded like a predator finally tracking a target, and in the last moments of it's life, letting it know that it was doomed by alerting it to it's presence at the moment it could do nothing about it.

"You know, there was a restaurant about...a mile back. It's where I got this corned beef sandwich. I love corned beef. And mustard. I think they forgot the mustard. Aw. Now it's not really a corned beef sandwich. Because real corned beef sandwiches have mustard on them. You want it? You don't look like a mustard kind of guy."

So spoke a man draped over with dark winter clothes and with an equally colored beard. He soon came into view, eating a mass of meat between two slices of rye bread, and then offering it out to the lad that sat by the gates. If one looked close, they could see an axe that was covered with blood, that had long since dried. At that particular moment in time, he didn't seem like he was going to throw it up and split the kid's head into two pieces, that wouldn't be a logical thing to do after offering a man a corned beef sandwich. And on a personal note, it would be just plain rude.

--------------------

Yo, Sephiroth. Im really happy for you; Imma let you finish. But Kefka was one of the best RPG villains of all time! Of all time!

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Jul 24 2010, 12:28 PM
Post #9

Damien jumped. His heart seemed to beat a thousand times per second. When he turned to the stranger, he could see that it wasn't his kidnapper, though Damien was still scared out of his wits, mainly because of the man's stature and the axe he held.

He backed against the door, saying nothing and breathing heavily.

After a long silence, he accepted the sandwich from the man with a shaky hand; Damien would never do this under normal circumstances, but he was afraid he would starve to death otherwise. He just wished the doors would swing open soon; he didn't want to get killed out here.

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Jul 24 2010, 12:35 PM
Post #10

Lt. General

((Do nurses have permission to open doors and stuff ;w;? Idk what I can and can't do OTL))

Walking down the halls, Rumia heard pounding on the door as she carted fresh linens to a farther cell. "Hm... I wonder what..." Dismissing the thought from from her mind, she continued down the hall.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kari_Neko
post Jul 24 2010, 12:38 PM
Post #11

Brigadier General

Member No.: 47,799

(Well somebody has to do it...XD)

Kari looked out her barred window absentmindedly. There was people outside the big doors I wonder what they want, she thought while letting her ears come up from out of her hair to listen. One of them seemed like a bad person,she probably SHOULD tell the guards...But they weren't very nice either. They never believed her. Well the nice nurse lady was passing... She tapped on her cell door to get her attention and held up a piece of paper saying

Somebody at the doors.

--------------------
I'd much rather to be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not:Andre Gide
I do not own the avvy or siggy!

[My DeviantART]

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Jul 24 2010, 12:39 PM
Post #12

((Yeah you can open doors and stuff Washu. (: You can do pretty much whatever; your character will have a lot of freedom.))

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Jul 24 2010, 12:42 PM
Post #13

Lt. General

((AWESOME. NURSE POWAH.))

Rumia looked over to Kari's cell. "The door... so it wasn't my imagination. Okay, I'll go see who it is~" She left the cart where it was, hurrying over to the door to pull it open. The thought of bringing another person into this place displeased her, but if they so desperately wanted to get in... "Can I help you?" She asked the 2 men outside.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZOINKSaGhost
post Jul 24 2010, 12:44 PM
Post #14

Citizen

"C'mon. I know your not one of those mutes. I met a mute once. I know a mute when I see a mute, and a mute you are not. Wanna introduce yourself? Or are you busy eating the sandwich? I'd understand the sandwich one. I love sandwiches. Especially corned beef." So spoke the dark figure, as he walked a bit closer to Damien, in a woobling way. "You know, I've been following you for the past few miles, and you've talked to yourself on occasion. But then again, you never did talk about corned beef sandwiches. That makes me think that the sandwich isn't want is making you not talk to me. Yum, I love corned beef sandwiches. 'Sspecally with mustard. Which you didn't talk about either, come to think about it. May you'd prefer tuna? I love tuna." And then a voice came from inside the building...
"You got any tuna?"

--------------------

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Jul 24 2010, 12:49 PM
Post #15

This guy made Damien nervous, and stared warily at him, still not speaking.

He was going to answer, when the door opened and Damien heard the voice of a woman. He quickly turned his head around, and could barely see a figure standing in the doorway. In relief, he almost ran up to her.

"Yes, help me! I've been held captive in a kidnapper's cellar for 2 days. I need some place to stay. Would I be imposing if I asked to stay here until I can get home?" he shouted desperately.

---

From the top window of The Mad House, The Overseer peered down at the men in front of the doors. He grinned.

"What do we have here...?"

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 11:37 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css