General Site Tech Problem Report Thread
Tombow
post Jul 21 2010, 10:36 AM
Post #1

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

If you encounter some site tech problem, pleas post and report it here. smile.gif

---------------

QUOTE (Razzy @ Jul 21 2010, 12:53 PM) *
Has this site been kinda... not working well today for anyone else? 'Cause half the time I go on here I get an error or something. Baw. D:

@Razzy - What kind of error message? unsure.gif Like, one from your Net provider, saying they can't connect to our site, and such?
I can connect to the board fine today, but once in a while I get that message when my connection drops to way too slow.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Tombow
post Jan 10 2011, 02:57 PM
Post #2

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

@The Stubborn Alchemist - Thank you for lettin gus know! And, in order to possibly help you better (and possibly others who might experience similar problem in the future, if nay), could you kindly describe in more details exactly 'how" you were unable to log on to our site? unsure.gif Such as...
Exactly what happened? First, could you load up our site? Or have you had problem loading up our site?
Or, you could load up our site but had problem in the actual log-in step? If so, why/how?
Could you load up our "Log in" page? If you could, when you typed up info and hit the "Log me in" button at the bottom, what happened next? Did you get any error message? If so, what did it say?
Or, if you could not load up our site, when did you start having this problem? Have you tried loading up our site by several different pages of our site (e.g. Site home page, forum home page, Gallery, etc.) ??
Also, which browser you were using? Do you happen to have any other browser on your computer? And, if so, have you tried loading our site on an alternative browser? Also, if you kept using the same browser, have you tried clearing the cache?
Also, were you on the same IP when this was happening as the IP you are on today? (I need to know this one to find out if yours was coming form some very different cause.)

As far as I know, the down-time for our board occurred on Jan, 5, 2011 evening (U.S. Time) and lasted only a few hours, and after that the board was up and running as usual, and no unusual access problems related to this down-time were reported since then.
However.... you said you Googled your name and that's how you were able to log in... and that makes me think that this following (which was my own experience) might be the similar case... on a previous occasion, while ago, after the board was down and then up again, I had a problem getting connected to the board (I already knew the board was up again because of the communication I had off site) so I tried it on an alternative browser on the same computer and I was able to bring up the board while my other browser was unable to bring up our site. I don't remember exactly which browsers I used, but I think I used Opera and FireFox, and I think I had trouble loading our board on FireFox but able to load on Opera. At that point I cleaned out all cache for that browser with which I was having trouble brining our site, and that solved the problem for that case. ...although, I kept having a strange minor problem on that browser for a while, that once on our home page, the link for the home page at the top left part of the forum home page... the hyper link that says "Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board" at the top left part of the forum home page... did not refresh and hence kept stuck with the older page data (I could tell this because on other browsers the linked home page would correctly show current "who's online" while the home page shown by clicking on that hyper link on FireFox kept showing the old data.) And, this minor "problem" did not get solved even after clearing the cache, and this problem lasted for several days.
Hence, this leads me to think that the problem you had experienced this time might not have been our general site problem, but might have been something more specific to your computer? (Again, without more specific info provided I can't tell much further at this point, but this is just one possibility I can think of at the top of my head. ^^)
If you can, please provide more detailed information, and I might be able to assist you better. smile.gif

And, as far as I know, our Belgian friends on our board are very much welcomed, as the way it has always been, like all other members on our board. biggrin.gif
As for the contest entry for the Holiday fanart contest, please consult with the contest manager, ScarMySoul.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2016 - 12:11 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css