General Site Tech Problem Report Thread
Tombow
post Jul 21 2010, 10:36 AM
Post #1

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

If you encounter some site tech problem, pleas post and report it here. smile.gif

---------------

QUOTE (Razzy @ Jul 21 2010, 12:53 PM) *
Has this site been kinda... not working well today for anyone else? 'Cause half the time I go on here I get an error or something. Baw. D:

@Razzy - What kind of error message? unsure.gif Like, one from your Net provider, saying they can't connect to our site, and such?
I can connect to the board fine today, but once in a while I get that message when my connection drops to way too slow.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
Razzy
post Jul 22 2010, 10:56 PM
Post #2

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 39,817

^ It said that "Internet cannot connect". But it's working fine now, thanks. smile.gif I guess it was just my weird computer.

But I also have another problem.
Whenever I try to change the 'Personal Statement' section in my profile, it never changes no matter what I do.
Everything else in my profile works fine for me; that's just giving me some difficulty. Does anyone know what the problem is, or how it can be fixed?

I had this problem a few years ago, last time I was active here. I think a mod was able to change it for me.

Any help would be appreciated! happy.gif

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jul 23 2010, 05:27 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (Razzy @ Jul 23 2010, 01:56 AM) *
Whenever I try to change the 'Personal Statement' section in my profile, it never changes no matter what I do.
Everything else in my profile works fine for me; that's just giving me some difficulty. Does anyone know what the problem is, or how it can be fixed?

Hi Razzy, could you tell me how you're trying to edit you Personal Statement?

Are you trying to edit you Personal Statement while on My Controls and then on the left side menu, under Personal Profile, clicking on Edit Personal Portal Information, and then editing the Personal Statement (top box) and when done clicking on Save Settings at the bottom, then you get redirected to the Forum home page but the newly edited Personal Statement information is not showing up on your Personal Profile page? unsure.gif

If so, could you try this way?
Please go to your Personal Profile page, and in the center column of your Personal Profile page, click on Settings button. And then after editing the Personal Statement (2nd box?) there, hit Save Settings at the bottom.

Could you try this way and let me know if it works? Or, if you're currently trying to edit your Personal Statement by going to your Personal Profile page and if that is not working, then could you try doing it on your My Controls page and see if that works?

Please let me know. ^^

Also, for the reference, could you tell me which Web browser, and which version (such as, FireFox 3.6 etc.) are you using?
And, do you happen to have another Web browser (such as, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari, etc.) on your computer? If so, could you get on our board while on that alternate browser, and try to edit your Personal Statement with the way you usually do (the way it does not work while on your regular browser) and then let me know whether that works with your alternate browser? Thanks!! ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Jul 23 2010, 06:21 AM
Post #4

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 39,817

Are you trying to edit you Personal Statement while on My Controls and then on the left side menu, under Personal Profile, clicking on Edit Personal Portal Information, and then editing the Personal Statement (top box) and when done clicking on Save Settings at the bottom, then you get redirected to the Forum home page but the newly edited Personal Statement information is not showing up on your Personal Profile page?
Yeah, that's what I've been doing, but it hasn't been working.

But thank you so much Tombow! The second way that you mentioned works fine. biggrin.gif Also, I'm using Internet Explorer 7.

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jul 23 2010, 07:30 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

@Razzy - Aha, glad to know that the second way is working!! biggrin.gif Please use that one for now for editing your personal Statement. ^^
And, thank you for your info! ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Raichi
post Sep 19 2010, 06:31 AM
Post #6

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 74,870

This typing thing is really bugged, first off I can't see teh blinking l that shows where the mouse is, second I can't click somewhere inbetween and type from there or erase a typo I notice later.
Weird thing is right now I can.

So I suppose it occurs occasionally??? It does occur at every thread creation. My browser is FF

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Sep 19 2010, 10:24 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

@Raichi - Are you on Windows-7? And, could you tell us which version of FireFox are you using?
And yes, there are some compatibility issues with some particular version of browsers with our software, and sometimes they issue "fix" patches, but not all the time.
I actually had a similar problem of "disappearing cursor" when I was on the last version of Opera, and it happened only sometimes also. Clearing cache and restarting the computer usually helped when I encountered this problem. Since then, the version of Opera on my computer was updated and so far I haven't encountered the similar problem yet, but I haven't had a much chance to use the newest version of Opera so far since the last version update, as I have been mostly using FireFox for a while, and no, I do not seem to get that problem on this version of FireFox (currently using 3.6.10.)
Let me know if clearing cache and restarting computer helps (it may or may not, but I think it's worth trying. smile.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Stubborn Alc...
post Jan 10 2011, 01:09 PM
Post #8

Citizen

Member No.: 74,613

Hi Tombow, I've been trying to log in for about a week now... and it wasn't until I googled my name that I could succesfully log in ^^'
Any idea why this happened?
Belgians aren't allowed on this site anymore? ;p

OMG I TOTALLY MISSED THE FAN ART COMPETITION BECAUSE OF THAT FAILING LOG IN sleep.gif
I suppose that I can't enter anymore? X_X

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jan 10 2011, 02:57 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

@The Stubborn Alchemist - Thank you for lettin gus know! And, in order to possibly help you better (and possibly others who might experience similar problem in the future, if nay), could you kindly describe in more details exactly 'how" you were unable to log on to our site? unsure.gif Such as...
Exactly what happened? First, could you load up our site? Or have you had problem loading up our site?
Or, you could load up our site but had problem in the actual log-in step? If so, why/how?
Could you load up our "Log in" page? If you could, when you typed up info and hit the "Log me in" button at the bottom, what happened next? Did you get any error message? If so, what did it say?
Or, if you could not load up our site, when did you start having this problem? Have you tried loading up our site by several different pages of our site (e.g. Site home page, forum home page, Gallery, etc.) ??
Also, which browser you were using? Do you happen to have any other browser on your computer? And, if so, have you tried loading our site on an alternative browser? Also, if you kept using the same browser, have you tried clearing the cache?
Also, were you on the same IP when this was happening as the IP you are on today? (I need to know this one to find out if yours was coming form some very different cause.)

As far as I know, the down-time for our board occurred on Jan, 5, 2011 evening (U.S. Time) and lasted only a few hours, and after that the board was up and running as usual, and no unusual access problems related to this down-time were reported since then.
However.... you said you Googled your name and that's how you were able to log in... and that makes me think that this following (which was my own experience) might be the similar case... on a previous occasion, while ago, after the board was down and then up again, I had a problem getting connected to the board (I already knew the board was up again because of the communication I had off site) so I tried it on an alternative browser on the same computer and I was able to bring up the board while my other browser was unable to bring up our site. I don't remember exactly which browsers I used, but I think I used Opera and FireFox, and I think I had trouble loading our board on FireFox but able to load on Opera. At that point I cleaned out all cache for that browser with which I was having trouble brining our site, and that solved the problem for that case. ...although, I kept having a strange minor problem on that browser for a while, that once on our home page, the link for the home page at the top left part of the forum home page... the hyper link that says "Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board" at the top left part of the forum home page... did not refresh and hence kept stuck with the older page data (I could tell this because on other browsers the linked home page would correctly show current "who's online" while the home page shown by clicking on that hyper link on FireFox kept showing the old data.) And, this minor "problem" did not get solved even after clearing the cache, and this problem lasted for several days.
Hence, this leads me to think that the problem you had experienced this time might not have been our general site problem, but might have been something more specific to your computer? (Again, without more specific info provided I can't tell much further at this point, but this is just one possibility I can think of at the top of my head. ^^)
If you can, please provide more detailed information, and I might be able to assist you better. smile.gif

And, as far as I know, our Belgian friends on our board are very much welcomed, as the way it has always been, like all other members on our board. biggrin.gif
As for the contest entry for the Holiday fanart contest, please consult with the contest manager, ScarMySoul.

--------------------

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jan 11 2011, 11:15 AM
Post #10

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

I hope you could help me out...Thunderkitten has told me over msn that she can't get onto the forum... I thought she meant at first that she just couldn't log in, so she gave her password and username to me to see if I could log in using her details, I am able to do so without any problem.

However, she then told me that she can't even see the forum logged out. it just looks like this:

It just says "you are not permitted to use this board" and "this menu has been disabled".

We're just wondering what's up, and if at all, how it can be resolved. happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jan 11 2011, 11:59 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

@A Pierrot's Aria - Thank you for the info, and thank you for helping out Thunderkitten!
The case with Thunderkitten may possibly be coming from a different cause... lately we've been getting a large number of spambot attacks, and I suspect that one of such spambot had an IP very close to hers and hence now her account is also getting blocked from accessing our board. (actually, that's why I asked The Stubborn Alchemist his IP also, to find out if that is the case. ^^)

And, if this is the case, to solve this one I need to know which IP Thunderkitten is currently using. The system is designed so that it should avoid blocking the IP Thunderkitten has registered on on our board, but because she has used multiple different IPs since she has registered on our board I can not tell which one she is on currently, or whether she is currently using different IP that is not on our list. sad.gif

Hence, if Thunderkitten feels comfortable, please ask her to tell you her IP and you can let me know, or if she doesn't feel comfortable with that, then let me know and she can email me her IP info (I'll PM you my email address and please IM her that), or she can direct message her IP info (private) to the board's Twitter account. Please let her know and find out which way she'd prefer. Once I know her IP I'll try to figure out the way to help her. Thank you so much for your help! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jan 11 2011, 12:03 PM
Post #12

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

Okay, thank you Tombow. Since she can't get onto the forum, I'll PM the info to you. happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Stubborn Alc...
post Jan 11 2011, 01:43 PM
Post #13

Citizen

Member No.: 74,613

Yeah, I wanted to show you the same print screen as ThunderKitten. ^^ I went to the site and was able to login but then I got the error message (whatever button I hit on the page, always that error message with “This menu has been disabled”) And I couldn’t ‘see’ anything on the site…
I have no idea when I started having this problem, I think I could still log in before the 3th of January, but then I went on holidays and when I returned and wanted to enter the competition… The board was errrr gone ^^’ Ow and I tried Every Single Page or different path tongue.gif And then I googled (Google Images) my name, saw my previous fan art, got really frustrated and clicked every image until I was able to log in wink.gif Errr browser = Windows Explorer, (and no I did not clean the cache)
Yes I was on the same IP: see your Inbox ;p

I was joking about the Belgians wink.gif You’re all very friendly, considering the amount of grumpy people on the Internet…
Thx, I’ll contact ScarMySoul, not that I have any hope left after being 4 days (tomorrow 5 ^^’) too late.

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jan 11 2011, 04:53 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Thank you for the info, The Stubborn Alchemist!
Please check your PM inbox for messages from me, and from ScarMySoul. biggrin.gif

ETA: @A Pierrot's Aria - Check PM inbox for my message. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nature Path Alch...
post Apr 9 2011, 10:36 PM
Post #15

Citizen

Member No.: 78,623

edit from message: it has started again so i'm doing this through firefox (id normally use it but there have been a few problems running it recently) so i have the screen grabs of what has happened. also, it seems to happen in certain topics only,spam central rarely has this problem, but lots in technical support and fanworks.
hope this helps to fix the problem smile.gif
Attached File(s)
Attached File  wonky.png ( 79.98K ) Number of downloads: 12

--------------------

These 4 elements build the world we live in. in transmutation circles these are used for two things:
1:controlling the element
2:looking AWESOME
Get your own transmutation circle made by posting a request on the thread here
If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an
array, copy and paste this in your signature.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2016 - 11:35 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css